Switch OLED teardown V1/V2

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No really sure, looks like he had to modify it quite a bit from all the wires.
Hopefully a more professional solution is made.

View attachment 279177
Its a core inside wired directly. Hekate will most likely be updated to support touch. Didn't think about doing it this way but pretty much the same. Pretty cool.

Last edited by HollowGrams,
Reactions: grubgrub

mathew77

Lovin' life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
It's so fascinating that the BigN didn't do any kind of voltage glitch protection in BCT even in it's premium model even so many years of exploiting sxcore, hwfly and CFW itself.

Guess they just doesn't care enough for now.

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No really sure, looks like he had to modify it quite a bit from all the wires.
Hopefully a more professional solution is made.

View attachment 279177
I think people should try the lite chip might be better to use( the YouTuber only had a core chip . I think it's driver support for the screen that was the problem. I wonder how an original SX chip would be

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Its a core inside wired directly. Hekate will most likely be updated to support touch. Didn't think about doing it this way but pretty much the same. Pretty cool.
In the video, it was clear to me that the console crashed in the main menu, as not only does the touch not work, the joycons controls too. Note that the battery meter is not marking.

Even in the face of these problems, it's wonderful to know that Nintendo hasn't taken any action against the BCT bug, just for Hekate to make some adjustments to the software to make them work well on Switch OLED.

dotmehdi

Trophies
Paris, France, Europe, Earth (Milky Way).
XP
Country
France
In the video, it was clear to me that the console crashed in the main menu, as not only does the touch not work, the joycons controls too. Note that the battery meter is not marking.

Even in the face of these problems, it's wonderful to know that Nintendo hasn't taken any action against the BCT bug, just for Hekate to make some adjustments to the software to make them work well on Switch OLED.

They preferred investing in auctions against the SX Team since they're the only brand able to "reactivate" this bug on patched units. The problem is that hwfly is becoming so expensive and there is no sight of any other clone coming for the moment...
Every night I'm secretly dreaming of open-source programmable chips for our beloved consoles :cry:

Reactions: mathew77

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

After some tweaks it should work. My only concern is what about original SX chips would they crash to cus SX os is outdated and will never be updated .

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yea it diff crash because there are no battery meter.. but its amazing sign. the question NOW is if a software upgrade is the only thing needed or is it possible that a the pin out changed.. even if its one pin it might be causing it to crash

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the original SX chips are useless unless reflashed with spacecraft. And some people who bought clones are claiming they have SX os on them not spacecraft.
That's the first time I heard that but it must be only a handful of people, because all the recent modchip install videos I see on the internet (which is at least 1 new daily), all run Spacecraft-NX.

zal16

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After some tweaks it should work. My only concern is what about original SX chips would they crash to cus SX os is outdated and will never be updated .
Original SX core works correctily on 13.0.0+, without the need to fhash spacecraft, just have a modified boot.dat to chainload the Hekate.

Horizoncrosser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The chip does its work correctly, no big deal since the SoC is the exact same as other Mariko units
Hekate crashes because it has not been made compatible for the OLED Switch components
ah ok just because i have an original sx lite left so im just curious if i would be able to use it.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz