• Likes 32

vanraz86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Issue

On handheld mode, playing TOTK for 20 min with Erista with ram overclocked to 1996.8 (Cpu 1224mhz, 460mhz,no charger) I had a sudden black screen and total freeze of the unit. When restarted, oc suite was showing max 1600mhz Ram, I had to reinstall stock oc suite with 1862mhz to get it functioning again.
Any thoughts if this is a ram issue indeed?
Temps were fine, Soc max 52c (pcb 47).

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Issue

On handheld mode, playing TOTK for 20 min with Erista with ram overclocked to 1996.8 (Cpu 1224mhz, 460mhz,no charger) I had a sudden black screen and total freeze of the unit. When restarted, oc suite was showing max 1600mhz Ram, I had to reinstall stock oc suite with 1862mhz to get it functioning again.
Any thoughts if this is a ram issue indeed?
Temps were fine, Soc max 52c (pcb 47).
yes your ram cannot handle higher freq. raise voltage and do stability test, or i would just stick to 1862.
Post automatically merged:

I’m on 1.5.1 and fw 16.0.0. I put “kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip” below the kip1patch line

I’m still trying to figure out what causes the issue. I even replaced it with the legacy versions but it’s still not working.
have you tried updating to 1.5.2 and 16.0.2? 1.5.2 version is built for ams 1.5.2 and i cannot guarantee it works on 1.5.1

Use the Switch OC Suite from "github com hanai3Bi Switch-OC-Suite" then follow the installation on the github page. Then, remove or rename the "\bootloader\sys\libsys_minerva.bso" as instructed in the video.

Note1: If your switch does not use modchip to jailbreak, you'll have to manually add "kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip" to boot entry section in "bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini" as indicated in the github page as well.

Note2: Don't use the sys-clk that mentioned in that video, it's out dated. Delete all files of the sys-clk you have right now (include the configureations), and use the one form github page above.

It doesn't work on my Erista device with Hekate6.0.4, AMS1.5.3, and HOS16.0.3 usless I removed the "\bootloader\sys\libsys_minerva.bso". Maybe something changed in HOS16.0.3 or Hekate?
I'm not sure. I don't use erista so i haven't check but I think Kazushi changed patching method so it doesn't require minerva patching? if it doesn't work you could try rebuilding minerva with OC freq and OC volt

Reactions: gr8n00d1e

Hallamski

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi please help. I see the 1862mhz option available however once I click this it doesn't actually apply. All other options work fine. Is there something I need to configure?

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hi please help. I see the 1862mhz option available however once I click this it doesn't actually apply. All other options work fine. Is there something I need to configure?
Did you edit hekate_ipl.ini?
If you did, but still don't work, search in this thread, you will get answers

jm30x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I have kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip in the right part of the hekate_ipl.ini file? My RAM won't go above 1600MHZ even thought I have the higher options listed.

[config] autoboot=0 autoboot_list=0 bootwait=3 backlight=100 autohosoff=1 autonogc=0 updater2p=0 bootprotect=0 [CFW (sysMMC)] emummc_force_disable=1 fss0=atmosphere/package3 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp [CFW (emuMMC)] emummcforce=1 kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip fss0=atmosphere/package3 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp [Stock] emummc_force_disable=1 fss0=atmosphere/package3 icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp stock=1 [Fusee] icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

Reactions: xBeto7

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Oh nice. I actually saw an improvement with this compared to the old stock syslock. I'm currently SOC temps of 53c, PCB temps of 50c and 45c for Skin after sitting in Kakariko for about 5 minutes so it doesn't appear to be causing heat issues for me. I did repaste my unit a few months ago + I got a dock fan which is probably helping. I got an original launch unit so yeah those tend to run warmer then the Mariko/OLED units. :P

I disabled the overrides for CPU/GPU after hearing how it can break ToTK's method of boosting for load screen and such and it looks like just the ram boost is what I needed. Sys-clk is showing the GPU go down to subb 100 and CPU go higher when on load screen so looks like that's working correctly in ToTK anyways, I expect this was the behavior that doesn't work correclty if you override the CPU/GPU speeds like some have mentioned here.

I completely forgot I hadn't updated to AMS 1.5.3 when I first tried this version of sys-clk and was about to post about the console not booting but then I double checked and yeah I was on 1.5.2, so I went to 1.5.3 and the issues went away. I did not have to disable minerva BSO file by the way. It looks like the memory clocks are sticking and I am not having boot issues either so didn't have to use the "legacy" files provided on the github.

EDIT: Another 5 minutes and SOC has only climbed 1c so far. It seems like it should be fine.

Note to those who are using this along side ReverseNX-RT if you override the mode to handheld it will cause sys-clk-oc to use the handheld profile so if you think your settings aren't working check for that. Unlike stock sys-clk this one seems to actually notice the handheld/docked mode override set in ReverseNX!

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Oh nice. I actually saw an improvement with this compared to the old stock syslock. I'm currently SOC temps of 53c, PCB temps of 50c and 45c for Skin after sitting in Kakariko for about 5 minutes so it doesn't appear to be causing heat issues for me. I did repaste my unit a few months ago + I got a dock fan which is probably helping. I got an original launch unit so yeah those tend to run warmer then the Mariko/OLED units. :P

I disabled the overrides for CPU/GPU after hearing how it can break ToTK's method of boosting for load screen and such and it looks like just the ram boost is what I needed. Sys-clk is showing the GPU go down to subb 100 and CPU go higher when on load screen so looks like that's working correctly in ToTK anyways, I expect this was the behavior that doesn't work correclty if you override the CPU/GPU speeds like some have mentioned here.

I completely forgot I hadn't updated to AMS 1.5.3 when I first tried this version of sys-clk and was about to post about the console not booting but then I double checked and yeah I was on 1.5.2, so I went to 1.5.3 and the issues went away. I did not have to disable minerva BSO file by the way. It looks like the memory clocks are sticking and I am not having boot issues either so didn't have to use the "legacy" files provided on the github.

EDIT: Another 5 minutes and SOC has only climbed 1c so far. It seems like it should be fine.

Note to those who are using this along side ReverseNX-RT if you override the mode to handheld it will cause sys-clk-oc to use the handheld profile so if you think your settings aren't working check for that. Unlike stock sys-clk this one seems to actually notice the handheld/docked mode override set in ReverseNX!
modded reversenx-rt is included in sdout.zip. that's why synchronization is working

Schtexhiiiord257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip in the right part of the hekate_ipl.ini file? My RAM won't go above 1600MHZ even thought I have the higher options listed.

[config] autoboot=0 autoboot_list=0 bootwait=3 backlight=100 autohosoff=1 autonogc=0 updater2p=0 bootprotect=0 [CFW (sysMMC)] emummc_force_disable=1 fss0=atmosphere/package3 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp [CFW (emuMMC)] emummcforce=1 kip1=atmosphere/kips/loader.kip fss0=atmosphere/package3 icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp [Stock] emummc_force_disable=1 fss0=atmosphere/package3 icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp stock=1 [Fusee] icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin

Did you get this figured out? I’m at a loss. Same issue here. I am stuck not understanding where to put the new line.

Reactions: xBeto7

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
modded reversenx-rt is included in sdout.zip. that's why synchronization is working
Interesting. I've also noticed the render resolution changes in ToTK when switching modes in the new Reverse-NX where as I wasn't really seeing that in the stock one. Makes me wonder if the other version wasn't working for some reason. :P

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
What could cause Reverse NX not to work? I can activate it outside the game and when I enter, its still disabled.

jm30x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you get this figured out? I’m at a loss. Same issue here. I am stuck not understanding where to put the new line.
I didn't sadly. Tried a couple of times and no matter what I did it wouldn't OC the RAM above 1600. CPU and GPU works fine, so I have no clue what's going wrong. Looks to be a few of us all facing this same issue as well.

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Reverse NX doesnt seem to work, I activate it before going in game but when in game, it says its disabled, I tried many things but nothing seems to work.

Can someone please tell me what I need to install for both this oc suite to work and nx fps with reverse nx, I'm using ams 1.5.3

Reverse NX doesnt seem to work, I activate it before going in game but when in game, it says its disabled, I tried many things but nothing seems to work.

Can someone please tell me what I need to install for both this oc suite to work and nx fps with reverse nx, I'm using ams 1.5.3

Attachments

• 16844919946288418786413260838824.jpg
    16844919946288418786413260838824.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35
  • 16844920224561483434628979199705.jpg
    16844920224561483434628979199705.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 30
Last edited by Soler37,

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South

well i don't know why, but running stock reversenx overlay once then replacing it with modded one makes it work. try.
I will take a look why this is caused. thanks for letting know

Last edited by meha,

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Works like a charm and I like the option to customize the loader kip to either Erista or Mariko.
Is this sensitive to atmosphere updates? I'm using the pre-release rn but might be more patient in the future if it depends heavily on it.

meha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Works like a charm and I like the option to customize the loader kip to either Erista or Mariko.
Is this sensitive to atmosphere updates? I'm using the pre-release rn but might be more patient in the future if it depends heavily on it.
it is dependent on ams version, but not always breaks compatibility

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Given that TOTK seems to run nearly a perfect 30 FPS with only RAM OC on Erista, can I ask a couple of questions regarding 'safe' OC and combinations of OC on CPU, GPU and RAM? I know that no OC is perfectly 'safe', that's obvious. But I want to see whether the following combination is too strenuous:

CPU @ 1224
GPU @ 844
RAM @ 1862

On a V1/Gen1 Erista. My question is specifically whether it is OK to run combinations of OC across CPU + GPU + RAM. In this case, I am keeping GPU and CPU well below max OC possible, but I heard that the RAM OC is strenuous even on its own. Can someone clarify if that is a relatively 'safe' OC combination to run most games at? And if it is possible to go higher, what would be the highest possible 'safe' combination across all three?

Again, this is not a debate as to what constitutes 'safe'. I know that any OC can be unsafe, and also that limits might differ from one Switch to another. I am looking for a reasonable combination here. After all, it seems that in most cases GPU + RAM OC are enough to push most games into the acceptable or even perfect territory.

Chop1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah seems like sys-clk sysmodule is not being started at all.
sometimes the easiest solution is to do a fresh atmosphere install rather than dig for hours for solution
edit: wait i misread. see if copying config.ini from sys-clk to sys-clk-oc works. Lemme check if it is bug in latest release
@Chop1n yeah checked and config.ini being created fine for me. if manually creating config.ini does not work, something must have been messed up, so fresh install might be good

manual install or aio, they are same thing, but I added aio option so that users can update conveniently,
but manual way is favored because for customization you need pc anyways
I didn't even see your edits, but after fiddling around I ended up manually creating the config.ini files myself, everything seems to be working there.

Thanks for all your hard work on this tool, I'm very happy to be able to get solid frame rates without high temps via the RAM overclock. Is there any way I can buy you a coffee or something?

Given that TOTK seems to run nearly a perfect 30 FPS with only RAM OC on Erista, can I ask a couple of questions regarding 'safe' OC and combinations of OC on CPU, GPU and RAM? I know that no OC is perfectly 'safe', that's obvious. But I want to see whether the following combination is too strenuous:

CPU @ 1224
GPU @ 844
RAM @ 1862

On a V1/Gen1 Erista. My question is specifically whether it is OK to run combinations of OC across CPU + GPU + RAM. In this case, I am keeping GPU and CPU well below max OC possible, but I heard that the RAM OC is strenuous even on its own. Can someone clarify if that is a relatively 'safe' OC combination to run most games at? And if it is possible to go higher, what would be the highest possible 'safe' combination across all three?

Again, this is not a debate as to what constitutes 'safe'. I know that any OC can be unsafe, and also that limits might differ from one Switch to another. I am looking for a reasonable combination here. After all, it seems that in most cases GPU + RAM OC are enough to push most games into the acceptable or even perfect territory.
I might be incorrect in saying this, but I think that your temps relative to baseline are a good rule of thumb. If my Erista stays under 60C, I'm pretty confident that the power draw isn't going to be enough to harm anything long-term. YMMV depending on how hot yours gets without overclocks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu