Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey so im trying to connect to the save data cloud to downland the save, but i get error code 2155 8007. btw i set up exoshphere and dns:mitm exactly how you said.
My apologies…I didn’t realize you were downloading the save file from Ninty. 🙃

There is a greater than 0 amount of risk to this next part as mentioned before.
If you have bannable components installed on your Switch they may trigger a Switch ban.
You accept all risk by executing the following:

You will need to use your 100% clean (almost) Sysnand to grab the cloud save file, to do so you will need to make 2 slight adjustments

1) /exosphere.ini should read exactly like so
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=0
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
2) your /atmosphere/hosts/default.txt file needs to be renamed to emummc.txt

This will allow you 100% clean Sysnand to be booted via the Hekate menu Stock SysNAND

You will then be able to sync your cloud based game save and back it up using JKSV on Sysnand.

you simply export your save files from Sysnand and import the saves to Emunand (and visa versa)

Reactions: Stardust3033

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! Need some help with sigpathes.

My switch is in latest FW with latest version of atmosphere/hekate.
I can play all recent games with no problems, however, i tried to install Xenoblade 1, which is an old game, and its giving me a message informing sigpatches are invalid.

What can cause this? How can i fix?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! Need some help with sigpathes.

My switch is in latest FW with latest version of atmosphere/hekate.
I can play all recent games with no problems, however, i tried to install Xenoblade 1, which is an old game, and its giving me a message informing sigpatches are invalid.

What can cause this? How can i fix?

What was the exact error?

Here are the known good Sigpatch links:

• Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.
  • Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)

Stardust3033

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies…I didn’t realize you were downloading the save file from Ninty. 🙃

There is a greater than 0 amount of risk to this next part as mentioned before.
If you have bannable components installed on your Switch they may trigger a Switch ban.
You accept all risk by executing the following:

You will need to use your 100% clean (almost) Sysnand to grab the cloud save file, to do so you will need to make 2 slight adjustments

1) /exosphere.ini should read exactly like so

2) your /atmosphere/hosts/default.txt file needs to be renamed to emummc.txt

This will allow you 100% clean Sysnand to be booted via the Hekate menu Stock SysNAND

You will then be able to sync your cloud based game save and back it up using JKSV on Sysnand.

you simply export your save files from Sysnand and import the saves to Emunand (and visa versa)
yoo tysm dude. goat frfr.
seems to be working so just hoping i wont get banned sooner or later LOL
you said the ban risk is greater than 0, but is it unlikely, likely, or just basically random chance

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yoo tysm dude. goat frfr.
seems to be working so just hoping i wont get banned sooner or later LOL
you said the ban risk is greater than 0, but is it unlikely, likely, or just basically random chance
Atmosphere is designed to play well with Ninty. It’s not piracy. It’s when you start doing things that Ninty deems offensive or damaging to their brand or finances that you run the risk of crossing their ban hammer. They’ve not published an official list of things not to do so we have to give our best guess based on what others have been presumably banned for. This is even made more difficult due to the fact that it’s often a “flag now, ban later” affair so it’s hard to directly correlate a single activity to a ban. Greater than zero is In the context that the only way to be 100% certain you are not at risk…is to not hack your machine at all.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was the exact error?

Here are the known good Sigpatch links:

• Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.
  • Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)
Im getting this error.
Tried with Awoo, Tinfoil and Goldleaf.
Tried both sigpatches sent and still same error.

Attachments

• 70b35c99-23a6-4fbd-9cb0-d39853b39a41.jpg
    70b35c99-23a6-4fbd-9cb0-d39853b39a41.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 27

daflip02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been out of hack scene, was wondering whats the best way to unhack switch.. running firmware 8.0 with reinx cfw i have the clean NAND back up whats the best way to go about bringing back to official firmware and running it at latest version.. (planning to give the switch away)
so do i restore nand backup and update normally and thats it? after that can it be hacked again?

thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been out of hack scene, was wondering whats the best way to unhack switch.. running firmware 8.0 with reinx cfw i have the clean NAND back up whats the best way to go about bringing back to official firmware and running it at latest version.. (planning to give the switch away)
so do i restore nand backup and update normally and thats it? after that can it be hacked again?

thanks
Technically, you cannot unhack a Switch. Once the Switch has been hacked, the Switch has been hacked. You cannot reverse the actions you have taken upon the console. However, there is a difference between saying something like "unhacking a console" and not leaving any traces behind. If your intentions are to prevent the console from being banned by the next user, then the correct procedure isn't to unhack it (because its literally impossible) but to remove all evidence of CFW & homebrew. You also already answered this question because the only way to do that is by restoring a clean eMMC backup. If you need a tool to restore it with, then you can use Hekate. Lastly, assuming your console is unpatched, the exploit can never be patched out because it relies on the hardware, not software, of your console. So as long as you or Nintendo do not modify the hardware, then it can always be hacked.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

thanks
Depends on it, if you ever went online with it between the nand backup and now, restoring it might flag it for a ban, since the logs will not match between nintendos servers and on the switch.
If you never went online, you can just restore it, and it should be in the same state.
Depending on if you used autorcm you will need to either use hekates stock mode or a clean atmosphere install to boot and update the switch to at least 8.x though.

If you went online afterwards, you might need to manually clean up as much as possible though, like tickets of nsp installs.

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• 3d8a4893-1758-49ce-9865-ff847d4083a7.jpg
    3d8a4893-1758-49ce-9865-ff847d4083a7.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 23
  • aaaaa.jpg
    aaaaa.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 25

daflip02

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on it, if you ever went online with it between the nand backup and now, restoring it might flag it for a ban, since the logs will not match between nintendos servers and on the switch.
If you never went online, you can just restore it, and it should be in the same state.
Depending on if you used autorcm you will need to either use hekates stock mode or a clean atmosphere install to boot and update the switch to at least 8.x though.

If you went online afterwards, you might need to manually clean up as much as possible though, like tickets of nsp installs.
so i noticed that the backup that was created from when it was till untouched is different from the backup i created now i figured the tool that was used was out dated or different its format ....question is should i just the same tool when i did the backup or use the newer hekate to restore it? i noticed that theres file cal0.bin which i dont see with new backup.. and i noticed the folder is called "dump" instead of the ID when you go into ur rawnand files.. so im thinking to just combined the nand.bin.00 to nand.bin.09 to rawnand.bin and rename boot0.bin and boot1.bin to BOOT0 and BOOT1 and follow the format? will that work....
i attached picture so you can see the files i have..

Attachments

• restore1.png
    restore1.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 21
  • restore2.png
    restore2.png
    35.8 KB · Views: 28

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See attached system version: FW 14.1.1 Atmosphere 1.3.2

Also changed sigpatches again and now have attached error. Other games installing fine, just Xenoblade with problem.
Perfect. Very strange that this one game is causing issues. Couple things to try:

1) make sure it’s not partially installed by removing the game via Data Management
2) download another copy of the game from a different source.

e: I will attempt to install on mine as well

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i noticed that the backup that was created from when it was till untouched is different from the backup i created now i figured the tool that was used was out dated or different its format this way....question is should i just the same tool when i did the backup or use the newer hekate to restore it? i noticed that theres file cal0.bin which i dont see with new backup.. and i noticed the folder is called "dump" instead of the ID when you go into ur rawnand files.. so im thinking to just combined the nand.bin.00 to nand.bin.09 to rawnand.bin and rename boot0.bin and boot1.bin to BOOT0 and BOOT1 and follow the format? will that work....
i attached picture so you can see the files i have..
You should still use Hekate to restore your backup. Also, cal0.bin is a backup of your PRODINFO which is already part of a complete eMMC backup so it doesn't need to restored separately unless you blanked your PRODINFO prior to backup up your eMMC. Everything else you said is fine.

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My v1 Switch crashed playing docked on CFW on emuNAND. There was an Atmosphere error but I didn't record what it was. When I booted into CFW, it wouldn't get past the Joycon logo. I can boot into sysNAND and OFW fine.

I tried moving the atmosphere, bootloader, sept and switch folders off the SD card and replaced them with fresh Atmosphere, fusee and Hekate, but it gets stuck at the same logo.

Then I tried rebuilding the MMC using TegraExplorer but it didn't seem to fix it either. Not sure what to try next - I hope I can avoid wiping the SD card completely. Any advice?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My v1 Switch crashed playing docked on CFW on emuNAND. There was an Atmosphere error but I didn't record what it was. When I booted into CFW, it wouldn't get past the Joycon logo. I can boot into sysNAND and OFW fine.

I tried moving the atmosphere, bootloader, sept and switch folders off the SD card and replaced them with fresh Atmosphere, fusee and Hekate, but it gets stuck at the same logo.

Then I tried rebuilding the MMC using TegraExplorer but it didn't seem to fix it either. Not sure what to try next - I hope I can avoid wiping the SD card completely. Any advice?
Try upgrading with this quick guide:https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0

direct link to Sigpatches (first one should be all you need)

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — alternative Sigpatches for when others don’t seem to work.
Sigpatchesget your iTotalJustice Sigpatches here (with free instructions!)

jucaa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect. Very strange that this one game is causing issues. Couple things to try:

1) make sure it’s not partially installed by removing the game via Data Management
2) download another copy of the game from a different source.

e: I will attempt to install on mine as well
I replaced Atmosphere, Hekate and Sigpatches again (the same procedure as updating Atmosphere) and now it worked!

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator just went through those steps - still stuck at the same logo.
Ok, great! Let’s change the line in hekate_ipl.ini here:

[Atmosphere CFW]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

To:
[Atmosphere CFW]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

and try to boot CFW again…

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat