Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hi is there a wat to know what tinfoil source im using?
i mean maybe one of this:
quontanx.in
stealtshop.cf
pengu.us
etc etc
Are you using Luffshop? I was wondering the same, because the content vanished almost entirely yesterday. But I believe it's not possible to know what is actually working or not, other than trying adding them manually one by one. I believe when they're all working, the content appear all mixed together, but I could be wrong.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
OK, I think I might have messed up somehow.
I Update AMS to 1.3.1 and I updated to FW 14.0.0 . But which Option should I have selected, FAT32 or FAT32/exFAT Option? My MicroSD is FAT32, but should I have selected the FAT32/exFAT ???
I tried doing a Update with Tinfoil, but it kept popping up with a Error saying there is not enough Space left (got 10GB left and Update was much less than 1GB). I ran a Error Check, but nothing wrong was found.

Hi.
Did you do a clean install? I mean, why and when is it asking you to choose between FAT32 and FAT32/exFAT?
Are you on Windows?
What did you try to update with Tinfoil? Sorry, but I lost myself in your description!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, nowadays I use Awoo-Installer and NS-USB-Loader to install games from my laptop over USB. I have yet not run at any problems... but since they have not received any updates for a while, I wonder, should I use NUT and Tinfoil?
(I have Tinfoil, but am only using it for shops basically)

Edit:

Ok, I have been trying to use NUT, but I'm feeling like an idiot. I'm trying to scan the folder, but it gives the following error:

scanning file_name.xci could not get title id from filename, name needs to contain [titleId] : C:\PATH\Tinfoil NUT\titles\file_name.xci An error occurred processing file: NSP no titleId set

In order to use NUT, I need to rename all my files to their respective Title ID?
What is the most common method for USB Installs nowadays? I used to enjoy Awoo-Installer with NS USB Loader, because it was quite simple... but I heard it doesn't support some games anymore.
Hey man. I use Tinwoo/NSUSBLoader (very similar) AND Tinfoil/nut.exe AND Goldleaf/quark.jar AND DBI/dbibackend. They are all good installers. If one works for you then that’s the best one (IMO), but that said, it doesn’t preclude you from using another one. I’ve recently redone my tinfoil install so happy to walk you through.

The issue you’re running into is that nut is trying to organize your files and it expects them to have the titleID in the name. I filter all my random games through SwitchLibraryManager first and it renames everything to something nut can use.

Here’s the SLM fork I use: https://github.com/gregoo/switch-library-manager

Most common USB is probably DBI…but I’m just guessing.

Reactions: CassioAug

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi is there a wat to know what tinfoil source im using?
i mean maybe one of this:
quontanx.in
stealtshop.cf
pengu.us
etc etc
Are you using Luffshop? I was wondering the same, because the content vanished almost entirely yesterday. But I believe it's not possible to know what is actually working or not, other than trying adding them manually one by one. I believe when they're all working, the content appear all mixed together, but I could be wrong.
you are correct (at least I’ve not found a way to tell either).

You can go one at a time to each source and hit (X) button to edit and go all the way to the bottom where it says Enable and change it from Yes to No. and then click (X) again to save. Rinse wash repeat. Easy enough to put back in reverse order when you're done…

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey man. I use Tinwoo/NSUSBLoader (very similar) AND Tinfoil/nut.exe AND Goldleaf/quark.jar AND DBI/dbibackend. They are all good installers. If one works for you then that’s the best one (IMO), but that said, it doesn’t preclude you from using another one. I’ve recently redone my tinfoil install so happy to walk you through.

The issue you’re running into is that nut is trying to organize your files and it expects them to have the titleID in the name. I filter all my random games through SwitchLibraryManager first and it renames everything to something nut can use.

Here’s the SLM fork I use: https://github.com/gregoo/switch-library-manager

Most common USB is probably DBI…but I’m just guessing.
If I use Tinwoo instead of Awoo, in the NS USB Loader should I select "Awoo"? (there's only Awoo and Goldleaf options)
And have you ever had issues with Tinwoo + NS USB Loader which required you ro use a different installer?

Since I'm used to the NS install method, I might just change Awoo to Tinwoo if the latter is more up to date and has no issues with the newer games or firmware.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do anyone had crashes when tried to use NES and SNES NSO on Atmosphere? Sometimes those crash when I select a game or even open the app, but after restart, run normally.
Possibly. Maybe a bit more than normal because I seem to remember it happening to one of the big red icon games. I don’t recall which because it’s been easy enough to recover. I’m keeping mine down rev on purpose so I can inject other ROMs into them using CaVE by @DarkAkuma (thanks man! ❤️ your work!) If you’re not doing the same thing, double check you’re on the latest update? Thanks all I can think of.

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

yeah. i cant find any game at all and the library is so thin.
i was looking to download grandia but the website link in pc are all dead
then i tried tinfoil and cant find it at all..

• Sad
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use Tinwoo instead of Awoo, in the NS USB Loader should I select "Awoo"? (there's only Awoo and Goldleaf options)
Yes! Same same. Works great.
And have you ever had issues with Tinwoo + NS USB Loader which required you ro use a different installer?
I haven’t but I don’t use any one installer frequently enough to say one is bad. It’s rare when something doesn’t work and often I’ll try again and it works or sometimes I’ll just go oh….let’s try this guy instead. So yeah. No real issues soeak of with any of them.
Since I'm used to the NS install method, I might just change Awoo to Tinwoo if the latter is more up to date and has no issues with the newer games or firmware.
Your mileage may vary. No guarantees. :-)

E: Last release for both was in the month of December of 2020 so neither has had an update in a while.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: CassioAug

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
Did you do a clean install? I mean, why and when is it asking you to choose between FAT32 and FAT32/exFAT?
Are you on Windows?
What did you try to update with Tinfoil? Sorry, but I lost myself in your description!
It asks when using Daybreak, after you select the Folder where the Update Files are. But actually, it seems like LEGO SW is most problematic. When I tried to Uninstall it after the Update, it could not Delete it completely. After Reinstalling, it works, but I still get the TriPlayer TitleID Crash, even though I Turned off the sysModule. But then, it will at some point Crash again, but this time due to the EdiZon Overlay. If I turn off all the sysModules, then it worked before on 1.0.0. . Tried to Update it to 1.0.3, but Tinfoil kept saying the Card was either Damaged, or no Space.

Reactions: HelloShitty

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
It asks when using Daybreak, after you select the Folder where the Update Files are. But actually, it seems like LEGO SW is most problematic. When I tried to Uninstall it after the Update, it could not Delete it completely. After Reinstalling, it works, but I still get the TriPlayer TitleID Crash, even though I Turned off the sysModule. But then, it will at some point Crash again, but this time due to the EdiZon Overlay. If I turn off all the sysModules, then it worked before on 1.0.0. . Tried to Update it to 1.0.3, but Tinfoil kept saying the Card was either Damaged, or no Space.

I'm not sure I'm going to say any non sense, pardon me if I do, but is it out of the question to try out JKSV to try to backup you games data? I don't know EdiZon app, but for the sake of testing, and if possible, I would give a try to JKSV.
I'm not very knowledgeable about software because I started recently to get more familiar with the Nintendo community, but what is that TriPlayer TitleID crash? I mean, isn't that to play music in the background? How it relates to game TitleIDs? I'm sure I'm missing something!

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I'm going to say any non sense, pardon me if I do, but is it out of the question to try out JKSV to try to backup you games data? I don't know EdiZon app, but for the sake of testing, and if possible, I would give a try to JKSV.
I'm not very knowledgeable about software because I started recently to get more familiar with the Nintendo community, but what is that TriPlayer TitleID crash? I mean, isn't that to play music in the background? How it relates to game TitleIDs? I'm sure I'm missing something!
TriPlayer is a Music Player App, and the sysModule for it allows it to run in the Background even after closing the main App. EdiZon is a Cheat Code Tool like Breeze, but I cant even use that. Been a long while since I was able to use it

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If your SD card is Fat 32, I know that selecting "Fat32" option is the right way. But I remember reading some time ago, that for Fat32 either option is fine, you just can't select the first option in case you use exFat.

Now, what you could try doing is to reinstall your sysmodules and try a clean CFW install. Or maybe something corrupted your SD card, and you could maybe backup everything, reformat your card, and then put the data back (in which case I would also suggest a clean cfw install just in case - but backup your data first).

I had a problem once with corrupted data on my SD card. Had to solve it by reformatting, unfortunately.

Edit: Although if you have a problem just with Lego Star Wars, I'd try downloading the base game from a different source first.

Last edited by CassioAug,

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
TriPlayer is a Music Player App, and the sysModule for it allows it to run in the Background even after closing the main App. EdiZon is a Cheat Code Tool like Breeze, but I cant even use that. Been a long while since I was able to use it

So JKSV is not suit as a replacement for EdiZon?
Well, you can try like a trial-and-error approach (I know it's a pain in the ass) and uninstall one app at a time a see if the problem comes from any of those!

nutsack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i knew that. Musta spaced for a sec. Bad idea. Ungh.

Weird thing is I can reboot and play the formerly “corrupt” game right afterwards without any issues.

it’s only triggered by specifically going to:
System Settings—> Data Management—> Manage Software—> Check for Corrupt Data

I’ve never done a Check for Corrupt Data before so as far as I can tell it may have always been this way (not likely…just saying I never click on it.)
I think this is probably the bug (bug #1842), as it was referenced from a similar bug I had in another bug report related to games showing incorrect filesizes after deleting a game (bug #1862). Reason I link this instead of the other one is because SciresM posted a build for AMS 1.3.1 that fixed this in the bug report linked to:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/1842

So far things are checking out clean running that corruption test after installing a few large games (with DBI again since it's my favorite install method).

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is probably the bug (bug #1842), as it was referenced from a similar bug I had in another bug report related to games showing incorrect filesizes after deleting a game (bug #1862). Reason I link this instead of the other one is because SciresM posted a build for AMS 1.3.1 that fixed this in the bug report linked to:

https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/issues/1842

So far things are checking out clean running that corruption test after installing a few large games (with DBI again since it's my favorite install method).

Wow! This is great news. Thanks for sharing the link. I will retest my Persona 4 install and see if the problem goes away.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I think I might have messed up somehow.
I Update AMS to 1.3.1 and I updated to FW 14.0.0 . But which Option should I have selected, FAT32 or FAT32/exFAT Option? My MicroSD is FAT32, but should I have selected the FAT32/exFAT ???
nope. This is fine. If you ever want to use exfat (you shouldn’t..it’s no bueno and offers nothing you can’t do on FAT32 anyway) you will need to go back through daybreak and “install” your same FW again but chose the version that installs both the FAT32 and the exfat driver. Since you’re on FAT32 already, just installing FAT32 drivers is perfect and will cause no issues.
I tried doing a Update with Tinfoil, but it kept popping up with a Error saying there is not enough Space left (got 10GB left and Update was much less than 1GB). I ran a Error Check, but nothing wrong was found.
Which error check did you run? Something external to check the sd card for corruption? Because that’s where my head is at the moment…

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Inconsistent behavior smells like corruption.
It can happen…even on FAT32.
Backup your sd card and then test it with h2testw

e: just saw @CassioAug saying the same thing above…my bad

prof72

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
go check your sd card using h2testw
you can found out if its fake, corrupted or healthy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!