Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

trimtanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just updated to HOS 14.1.1 and AMS 1.3.1 and I made sure to grab the latest SigPatches. Now. None of my games will boot any more. The error is "Could not start the software. Please try gain from the HOME menu". However some games give a straight up corrupted files warning and a suggestion to re-download the game.

First thing I did was re-apply the sigpatches. That did not work.

So I thought, I could just re-install the games. So I tried to install one using GoldLeaf, but I got an error: 2005-0004 (0x805) Content Manager (5), Unknown error (4).

So I thought maybe I could do a Factory reset as mentioned in this guide: gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

But no, that also gives me an error.

So now I don't know what to try any more. Any help would be appreciated.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated to HOS 14.1.1 and AMS 1.3.1 and I made sure to grab the latest SigPatches. Now. None of my games will boot any more. The error is "Could not start the software. Please try gain from the HOME menu". However some games give a straight up corrupted files warning and a suggestion to re-download the game.

First thing I did was re-apply the sigpatches. That did not work.

So I thought, I could just re-install the games. So I tried to install one using GoldLeaf, but I got an error: 2005-0004 (0x805) Content Manager (5), Unknown error (4).

So I thought maybe I could do a Factory reset as mentioned in this guide: gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/

But no, that also gives me an error.

So now I don't know what to try any more. Any help would be appreciated.
where did you grab your Sigpatches? Sounds like they are not in sync with your Atmosphere version.

two versions below (if you tried one, try the other.)

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/patches
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My Oled switch got modded, and I did not install the exfat drivers before modding. How can I install them after modding? The switch seems to start only with a fat32 sd card. When booting with an exfat sd card, the screen stays black.

When trying to switch the sd to an exfat sd card after booting into original firmware sysnand, the switch automatically reboots.

Is there any other way to install exfat drivers to a hard modded switch?

Last edited by MSco,

trimtanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
where did you grab your Sigpatches? Sounds like they are not in sync with your Atmosphere version.

two versions below (if you tried one, try the other.)
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought this myself, which is why I already tried applying sigpatches twice. And I've tried both the sources you linked.

But just to make sure, I tried them again. And it's still the same unfortunately.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Oled switch got modded, and I did not install the exfat drivers before modding. How can I install them after modding? The switch seems to start only with a fat32 sd card. When booting with an exfat sd card, the screen stays black.

When trying to switch the sd to an exfat sd card after booting into original firmware sysnand, the switch automatically reboots.

Is there any other way to install exfat drivers to a hard modded switch?
Just use FAT32. exFAT can corrupt your SD card and combined with the multiple ways of bypassing the 4 GB limit depending on the file, there is absolutely no reason to use exFAT.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I think this should be an easy one, but DDG didn't know or I couldn't find a reasonable answer.
What are Tinfoil tickets, what are they used for and what can we do with them?

dal7643

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i decided to transfer some save data to my switch lite a while back, but now i got banned on my cfw switch and im kinda stuck because the save data is stuck on my other switch bc i cant transfer it without connecting to nintendo, is there any other way to transfer the saves?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this should be an easy one, but DDG didn't know or I couldn't find a reasonable answer.
What are Tinfoil tickets, what are they used for and what can we do with them?
The tickets in Tinfoil are your ”license” to play a game. They are small so they don’t take up a whole lot of space. If you delete them you will not be able to play that associated game anymore.

Reactions: HelloShitty

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i decided to transfer some save data to my switch lite a while back, but now i got banned on my cfw switch and im kinda stuck because the save data is stuck on my other switch bc i cant transfer it without connecting to nintendo, is there any other way to transfer the saves?

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV is great if you’re patched (or chipped)

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
The tickets in Tinfoil are your ”license” to play a game. They are small so they don’t take up a whole lot of space. If you delete them you will not be able to play that associated game anymore.

Oki, thank you! I'm learning basic stuff as I wanted to try to get into the community as fast as possiblem interms of basic knowledge. So, I'm reading threads, both here and reddit and discovering and searching the most I can, but sometimes what I find in searches is simply not satisfying to me. So, please bare with me if I have been doing too many questions and many of them are really basic!

For instance, I just found another apparently common term. Mission control. Is this about this github repository or is there more to it than just a software to allow the usage of non-Nintendo bluetooth controls?
https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionControl/

Last edited by HelloShitty,

stapled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, I have a launch day switch I'd like to mod but I have some questions. The switch is shared between my wife and I and she likes playing Animal Crossing with her friends. If I modded it, would she lose her save data/game? Does all the modded software run separately from the official stuff? And if I did mod it would she still be able to play with her friends?

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have a launch day switch I'd like to mod but I have some questions. The switch is shared between my wife and I and she likes playing Animal Crossing with her friends. If I modded it, would she lose her save data/game? Does all the modded software run separately from the official stuff? And if I did mod it would she still be able to play with her friends?

Thanks.
Modding a Nintendo Switch essentially means you will be running some files from your SD card that allows you to do functions that are not normally possible without modding. The system will still function like normal. Also bear in mind that hacking a console puts it at risk for being banned.

stapled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Modding a Nintendo Switch essentially means you will be running some files from your SD card that allows you to do functions that are not normally possible without modding. The system will still function like normal. Also bear in mind that hacking a console puts it at risk for being banned.
But would I lose what I already have on the switch when modding it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But would I lose what I already have on the switch when modding it?
Nothing actually. If you act like a responsible Switch owner and keep a backup of the system files, you won't have to worry about permanently bricking your console. Realistically, the most you can lose is online access & the eShop but there are ways of achieving the same functions as those with a hacked console. Plus a hackable console is far more valuable than a console that just isn't banned.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oki, thank you! I'm learning basic stuff as I wanted to try to get into the community as fast as possiblem interms of basic knowledge. So, I'm reading threads, both here and reddit and discovering and searching the most I can, but sometimes what I find in searches is simply not satisfying to me. So, please bare with me if I have been doing too many questions and many of them are really basic!
No worries. Makes me do more research and learn more too.
For instance, I just found another apparently common term. Mission control. Is this about this github repository is there more to it than just a software to allow the usage of non-Nintendo bluetooth controls?
https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionControl/
Correct. Adding non-Ninty controllers is what Mission Control is all about. There is no other meaningful Switch context for the term Mission Control other than this software.

Reactions: HelloShitty

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just updated my CFW and system firmware, but I forgot to put back the backup of my homebrews (FTPS, payload launcher, etc.).

I'd like to manage files without the need to remove my SD card. Is it possible? Can I somehow connect it through FTP or USB from HBMenu?

Or is it possible to reboot to Hekate (without using a jig)?

Edit: Nevermind, I managed it. In case anyone wonders: I was with auto-RCM enabled, so I just turned the console off (in holding power menu) while connected on PC with an USB cable, and then I powered it on again and TegraRCMGui immediately recognized so I could inject Hekate's payload.

Last edited by CassioAug,
Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that only works for cfw switches.. i need to get my switch lite to transfer saves to my cfw
You can transfer save data to another Switch on your local network but you must have the profiles on each Switch in the same Nintendo Account.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch-system

You can do a Save Data Cloud as long as the user profile has access to your Nintendo Account. You backup that user to the Cloud for restoration at a later date.

https://es-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/41206/~/how-to-back-up-save-data

Other than that, the game save data is stored in system memory and will require CFW to liberate.

Where is game save data stored?​

On Nintendo Switch, game save data is stored on the console’s System Memory. This will not change whether downloadable software or software from a game card is being played.

Game save data cannot be saved or copied to a microSD card.

https://en-americas-support.nintend...do Switch, game save,copied to a microSD card.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my CFW and system firmware, but I forgot to put back the backup of my homebrews (FTPS, payload launcher, etc.).

I'd like to manage files without the need to remove my SD card. Is it possible? Can I somehow connect it through FTP or USB from HBMenu?

Or is it possible to reboot to Hekate (without using a jig)?

Edit: Nevermind, I managed it. In case anyone wonders: I was with auto-RCM enabled, so I just turned the console off (in holding power menu) while connected on PC with an USB cable, and then I powered it on again and TegraRCMGui immediately recognized so I could inject Hekate's payload.

I hope you found sys-ftpd-light. it's in the first few homebrews I install when I blow up my switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao my keyboard decided to randomly die
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its prob your new router interfering w it