Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Ockingshay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
please help me, i've been trying to find a tutorial for my situation for ages!

I have an original Switch with SX OS via their dongle. I also use emuNAND and have done this since the first few months of the TX pro being released. Now that it's not being updated anymore, i would like to transition to Atmosphere. Can someone please point me to an up to date guide that will show me how to do this?

SX OS is on V3.1.0
emuNAND is on 10.2.0
OFW is on something really low if that matters

many thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
please help me, i've been trying to find a tutorial for my situation for ages!

I have an original Switch with SX OS via their dongle. I also use emuNAND and have done this since the first few months of the TX pro being released. Now that it's not being updated anymore, i would like to transition to Atmosphere. Can someone please point me to an up to date guide that will show me how to do this?

SX OS is on V3.1.0
emuNAND is on 10.2.0
OFW is on something really low if that matters

many thanks!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/latest-sd-setup-for-moving-from-sxos-to-atmosphere.581237/

bupeapoop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
AutoRCM purposefully blackscreen’s your switch and makes it look dead until you feed it a payload. If yiu ever want to “just boot” without any Hekate/Atmosphere/etc, just turn off AutoRCM

That makes sense. It's only when I physically connected my RCM Loader that the Switch screen turned on. From there, I chose the Atmosphere payload that things fired up.

Please post your /atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini. I think you might have removed a ; where we don’t need to.

In this link HERE, you'll find my system_settings.ini information. Whenever you get a chance to comb through everything be sure to see whether or not I may have added/removed any crucial information by mistake.

When an error occurs, a report is saved in /atmosphere/fatal_errors. Attached HERE is a .zip file of these fatal error reports. No idea if these will help or not, but thought it was worth including them nonetheless.

Thanks again for all your help @binkinator.

UPDATE: After a little research, some Users are recommending deleting the Contents folder? Others have stated to do the following steps:
  • Get your switch in RCM mode.
  • Inject Hekate payload
  • Tap on "Tools" on top of the hekate screen.
  • Tap on "Archive Bit - AutoRCM" on the right bottom.
  • Tap on "Unset archive bit" button. This might take a while, be patient.
Any suggestions?

Last edited by bupeapoop,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense. It's only when I physically connected my RCM Loader that the Switch screen turned on. From there, I chose the Atmosphere payload that things fired up.

In this link HERE, you'll find my system_settings.ini information. Whenever you get a chance to comb through everything be sure to see whether or not I may have added/removed any crucial information by mistake.

Thanks again for all your help @binkinator.

When an error occurs, a report is saved in /atmosphere/fatal_errors. Attached HERE is a .zip file of these fatal error reports. No idea if these will help or not, but thought it was worth including them nonetheless.

.ini file has no changes so that’s not it.

• Someone else fixed this by using the "Fix Archive Bit" on hekate (tools -> Arch bit * RCM -> Fix Archive Bit)
  • Another thing to try is to delete /atmosphere/010041544d530000 if it exists.

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a simple solution to update Custom Firmware to the updated version on the emuCC. I dont understand why this doesnt seem to be documented anywhere.

My Switch is updated to 14.0.0. My Switch emuCC is 13.2.1. No matter what I do. My CFW does not update to 14.0.0

I've done this before. My solution to wipe the SD and start over with Atmosphere isnt working anymore. I'm losing my mind. I hate Nintendo so much.

Fiddlestix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was drunk a few nights ago and updated my fw. No excuses, I'm an idiot. I also have not set up any safety features nor did I do a NAND backup or anything with EmuNAND. Again.....idiot. I just didn't care.
After this latest scare, however, I would like to restore my Switch back to factory, and redo everything using modern methods to ensure I'm protected in the future. Is there a safe way to do this at the moment? The only methods I could find were older, and it made me nervous.
I started on SXOS way back in the day, but have grown accustomed to Atmosphere.

Oracleofire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a technical question! I love to read and think about tech and so I was wondering, does anyone know if the Switch cares about battery lifespan? We know being at high temperatures and high state of charge is something Li-on batteries don't like, but I realize the Switch is a hotbed for both these conditions when docked due to the higher clock rate and constant power source. Does the Switch do any cool hidden tricks to preserve battery lifespan while docked for a while, or is that just how it is?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought another unpatched switch with better condition. Should I update to 14.0 or wait out until final release of atmosphere?

No need for latest and greatest. Last 13.2.1 release plays all games that are out today. Let the dev team get past pre-release. That should be a good time to up.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a technical question! I love to read and think about tech and so I was wondering, does anyone know if the Switch cares about battery lifespan? We know being at high temperatures and high state of charge is something Li-on batteries don't like, but I realize the Switch is a hotbed for both these conditions when docked due to the higher clock rate and constant power source. Does the Switch do any cool hidden tricks to preserve battery lifespan while docked for a while, or is that just how it is?

pretty much how it is. They’ve not done too much wrt battery life other than faking an upgrade to the battery by adding more efficient compute in V2.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was drunk a few nights ago and updated my fw. No excuses, I'm an idiot. I also have not set up any safety features nor did I do a NAND backup or anything with EmuNAND. Again.....idiot. I just didn't care.
After this latest scare, however, I would like to restore my Switch back to factory, and redo everything using modern methods to ensure I'm protected in the future. Is there a safe way to do this at the moment? The only methods I could find were older, and it made me nervous.
I started on SXOS way back in the day, but have grown accustomed to Atmosphere.

You don’t have to remove everything. You can convert SXOS to Atmos here:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Read read read and use the appropriate path for you (There are multiple to chose from depending upon what you want to do)

if you’re dead set on factory check this out:

1) remove AutoRCM if installed.

2a) if you installed on emunand on sd card, remove sd card and reboot. Tadah! You’re done. System is now 100% stock.

2b) if you installed on Sysnand, restore backup but since you don’t seem like the kinda guy that would have a backup you might could do a factory reset: https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...-Settings-on-the-Nintendo-Switch-1379045.html

Aglae Pheryl

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I followed the following tutorial : https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

Today I copied over to the root of the SD card the latest fw (14.0.0) and a bunch of files and folders (see capture below)

1648206952217.png

I updated with Daybreak and when I rebooted, the console booted up to hekate 5.7.2
From there if I click Launch I can select CFW - Atmosphere NX and when I click, I am getting a fatal error occured when running Fusee. Incorrect Fusee version.

If I select Payloads from the Hekate menu I can select from:
Lockpick_RCM.bin
SX_Loader.bin
argon-nx.bin
fusee.bin
hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5.bin

How can I boot back onto CFW (atmosphere) ?

Thanks.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a simple solution to update Custom Firmware to the updated version on the emuCC. I dont understand why this doesnt seem to be documented anywhere.

My Switch is updated to 14.0.0. My Switch emuCC is 13.2.1. No matter what I do. My CFW does not update to 14.0.0

I've done this before. My solution to wipe the SD and start over with Atmosphere isnt working anymore. I'm losing my mind. I hate Nintendo so much.

You don’t need to upgrade CFW right now. No advantage other than folders. Atmosphere is only in pre-release at the moment.

Still want to? OK…

Search Google for darth sternie firmware.

Download and unzip firmware To /firmware on your sd card.

download Daybreak.nro to /switch if you don’t already have it.

boot into CFW and launch daybreak, navigate to firmware and upgrade.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I followed the following tutorial : https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...en-partitions-on-the-same-sd-tutorial.601607/

Today I copied over to the root of the SD card the latest fw (14.0.0) and a bunch of files and folders (see capture below)

View attachment 303273

I updated with Daybreak and when I rebooted, the console booted up to hekate 5.7.2
From there if I click Launch I can select CFW - Atmosphere NX and when I click, I am getting a fatal error occured when running Fusee. Incorrect Fusee version.

If I select Payloads from the Hekate menu I can select from:
Lockpick_RCM.bin
SX_Loader.bin
argon-nx.bin
fusee.bin
hekate_ctcaer_5.6.5.bin

How can I boot back onto CFW (atmosphere) ?

Thanks.

Did you download the matching fusee.bin version on the Atmosphere GitHub?

Having the wrong version of fusee.bin would definitely cause: Incorrect Fusee version.

Reactions: Aglae Pheryl

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Roll them little snake eyes in