Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just bought Doom Eternal + the DLC for like 28$, It's awesome. But thats besides the point!

I also bought Doom I, Doom II, Doom64, Doom3, and Doom. In a bundle for like 17$.

Is there any ways to access the .WAD files from Doom I and Doom II, I'm not asking to download anything, just asking if it's possible to get access to these files on my Switch, more curious if I can add addons or mods to doom I and Doom II, I noticed they have an Addon Download system in place for those two games, curious if it's possible to add games/WADs that aren't in the preset download list there. I know I can get other Doom Homebrew that will do this, that's not the question here, I'm only curious if the Switch Versions can do this somehow too.

Only found one other reference to anyone even asking about this and the answer was “adding WADs is not available yet.” Soooo, not saying it doesn’t exist but not something I could pull up any information you don’t already know.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im moving from atmosphere from sx os what type of wire do i need to inject payload?

im only just to using sx pro dongle would that be easy to use?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im moving from atmosphere from sx os what type of wire do i need to inject payload?

im only just to using sx pro dongle would that be easy to use?

you can use your current SX Injector. No need to buy anything else.

https://rentry.org/mys8q

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
So I followed this RCM Loader Guide HERE in this video and I got all the Atmosphere and Hekate payload bin files copied across. Hekate is in the ATMOSPHERE folder and Atmosphere (fusee.bin) is currently in the USER1 profile. According to this guide in the image below, the yellow light indicates the USER1 profile.

led-png.151338

The issue I'm having is cycling through each LED / Folder name. The instructions set the following:

How to show current payload:
Click the button + to show the current payload (LED flash twice).

// When I do this, it currently shows the Blue LED Colour

How to change build-in payload :
Hold the button + to jump to the next payload (LED flash 4 times).

// When I do this, it currently shows the Green LED Colour

For whatever reason though, I'm unable to cycle through LED/Folders. It seems to be stuck on Blue and refuses to the next colour on the list which should be Red.

Am I doing something wrong? The device was fully charged overnight and should be working fine.
It seems some clones arround there can only load the blue profile, for me was stucked on that until I dumbly format the drive and copy a new set of files but the RCM loader never works again, even I did try to reflash the firmware but no luck, it never come back, contacted the seller and refused to change, amazon refund me. when I manage to contact RCMLoader support team, they inform me what my RCM was a cloned one and have no support.

I only was able to get a R4s which also only can inject a payload but in a extrange format, so I did opted to use ArgonNX, https://github.com/Guillem96/argon-nx/releases. Is a payload which load any file named SD:/argon/payload.bin on your SD card, or can show a menu to select and load any .bin files on your SD:/argon/payloads/ folder. so you don't need to update your paylad on the injector only a file on your SD Card.

For me was:

Injector: ArgonNX
ArgonNX: auto load Hekate
Hekate: load atmosphere/package3

:D and only add 1 second of delay if I inject Atmosphére directly. with the plus of having Hekate & Nyx and for the next updates do not need to touch my injector.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: binkinator

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Dumb question... but WTF is a "Kip" ???

Trying to figure out how to use this. Xor.play

But I have no idea what is / how to make a "kip".
Kips are file used to patch the firmware, are loaded by hekate and/or atmosphere. by example in order to Mission Controll change the Bluetooth module of HOS it needs you apply some Kips patches to your firmware. Changing the boot logo image also is a Kip file.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question... but WTF is a "Kip" ???

Trying to figure out how to use this. Xor.play

But I have no idea what is / how to make a "kip".

Kips are Kernel Initial Procs. They are powerful kernel level modules that require a reboot to put in place. They are the precursor to todays sys modules that can be loaded and unloaded and have to have declared permissions vs kernel level (admin/root) access. You might have some already under /atmosphere/kip_patches

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems some clones arround there can only load the blue profile, for me was stucked on that until I dumbly format the drive and copy a new set of files but the RCM loader never works again, even I did try to reflash the firmware but no luck, it never come back, contacted the seller and refused to change, amazon refund me. when I manage to contact RCMLoader support team, they inform me what my RCM was a cloned one and have no support.

I only was able to get a R4s which also only can inject a payload but in a extrange format, so I did opted to use ArgonNX, https://github.com/Guillem96/argon-nx/releases. Is a payload which load any file named SD:/argon/payload.bin on your SD card, or can show a menu to select and load any .bin files on your SD:/argon/payloads/ folder. so you don't need to update your paylad on the injector only a file on your SD Card.

For me was:

Injector: ArgonNX
ArgonNX: auto load Hekate
Hekate: load atmosphere/package3

:D and only add 1 second of delay if I inject Atmosphére directly. with the plus of having Hekate & Nyx and for the next updates do not need to touch my injector.

When I installed my Trinket M0 I made it chain load directly to ArgonNX. I usually skip over telling people I have Argon in my stack as part of my dual boot of SXOS and Hekate/Atmosphere…mostly cause it confuses people. It barely adds any time to the boot process and helps with troubleshooting cause it‘s stable and dead simple. Glad to see another Argon user here!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

it says note (Mariko Users Only):?​

correct…that page of for both Erista AND Mariko. if you are using Mariko do NOT do what’s in that section. if you are using Mariko then you have an extra step to do. Erista users should go straight into the Migration.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
correct…that page of for both Erista AND Mariko. if you are using Mariko do NOT do what’s in that section. if you are using Mariko then you have an extra step to do. Erista users should go straight into the Migration.
im confused im Erista user but i tryed to do a fresh install on new memory card now cant start CFW?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i cant load hekate from using my sx dongle i have followed this guide
https://rentry.org/mys8q

is there another method for me to try?

What errors did you see along the way? Please describe in detail each thing that happened so we can understand what you are seeing.

or do i just need new cable??

Hard to tell if we don‘t have details on where you got stuck.

What type of cable are you using at the moment?

Last edited by binkinator,

strangeone1969

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue, for some reason I cannot remember where to put my cheat files. I have atmosphere 1.2.6 with HBL 2.4.1 and hbmenu 3.5.0. I am using Breeze to use the cheat files. I am not sure if I am to put the cheat files in the Atmosphere folder or in Breeze. I had been fine until I updated a game I was playing as a small update with extra content was released. I downloaded the new cheats and I think I put them in the wrong folder as they do not show up, and neither do the old cheats now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn