Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

switchboi69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Using NXNandMananger and HackDiskMount for this.

Hey - i was reading that the file that contains the users is on the SYSTEM partition in the saves folder and is called 8000000000000010.
My old emunand was on fw version 10.0.4 - the new emunand is 10.0.2. I copied over the file to the new emunand SYSTEM saves folder but now i'm stuck at the Splash Screen which shows "NINTENDO SWITCH". Could it be because of the different firmware versions or did i do something fundamentally wrong?

Would love to get help on this because i had loooooads of saves on my user that i don't want to lose. ( I already transfered the savefiles in the same fashion like i did with the userfile but in the USER partition.

Actually i updated the Emunand to 10.0.4 but came to the same never ending NINTENDO SWITCH splash.

edit: I actually need to use PC tools to do this because my old SD card doesn'T work on my switch anymore. ( i had to send it in because the sd card reader was broken - nintendo replaced the whole motherboard to an erista patched one which couldn't be jailbroken without a modchip. Got an sx core and flashed it with spacecraft-nx. When i try to import my old emunand backup as soon as i get to the splash from atmosphere the switch goes black and doesn't continue. So there is no easy way for me to import my old stuff. :(
nobody knows how to do this? :(

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having an issue, for some reason I cannot remember where to put my cheat files. I have atmosphere 1.2.6 with HBL 2.4.1 and hbmenu 3.5.0. I am using Breeze to use the cheat files. I am not sure if I am to put the cheat files in the Atmosphere folder or in Breeze. I had been fine until I updated a game I was playing as a small update with extra content was released. I downloaded the new cheats and I think I put them in the wrong folder as they do not show up, and neither do the old cheats now.

Does this help?

Alternatively you can get it from https://github.com/tomvita/NXCheatCode/releases/latest. Put "titles.zip" in "sdmc:/switch/breeze/cheats".

There’s more where that came from here: https://github.com/tomvita/Breeze-Beta/wiki

edit: I’m using the built in updater for both the app and the cheats DB. You might want to as well.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What errors did you see along the way? Please describe in detail each thing that happened so we can understand what you are seeing.

Hard to tell if we don‘t have details on where you got stuck.

What type of cable are you using at the moment?

I set my sd card up like the guide told me.
When I use my sx os dongle I just get a black screen
Maybe I should get new cable to send payload to pc what cable is it I need?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set my sd card up like the guide told me.
When I use my sx os dongle I just get a black screen
Maybe I should get new cable to send payload to pc what cable is it I need?

Please take a screenshot of your root directory as well as your /atmosphere and /bootloader directories.

Please paste a copy of of the contents of your /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini file here as well.

You seem to be gravitating to replacing a cable. What is leading you to that conclusion?

This was all working in SXOS, correct? If SXOS was working with this set of dongle, cable and Switch it will work just fine for Atmosphere.

Last edited by binkinator,

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please take a screenshot of your root directory as well as your /atmosphere and /bootloader directories.

Please paste a copy of of the contents of your /bootloade/hekate_ipl.ini file here as well.

You seem to be gravitating to replacing a cable. What is leading you to that conclusion?

This was all working in SXOS, correct? If SXOS was working with this set of dongle cable and Switch it will work just fine for Atmosphere.
Yes it all work well with sx os
I was going to replace the dongle for the cable because I thought the cable was just for booting sx os it would be too complicated more steps for booting something else.
Ok I add them picture and information in soon and we can investigate I’m just in bed at the minute

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it all work well with sx os
I was going to replace the dongle for the cable because I thought the cable was just for booting sx os it would be too complicated more steps for booting something else.
Ok I add them picture and information in soon and we can investigate I’m just in bed at the minute

No need to replace the cable. They are all the same. If it works for one CFW it will work for all. The pics should help.

Edit: Saw some of your other threads and being that yiu are on a patched Erista with a modchip Imwould have expected you to chose this page of the guide: https://rentry.org/EristaSXCoreEmuNAND

kiryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey All,
Been trying to use tegraRCM to push hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin payload to my switch (unpatched) but it'll hang on the 'invoking' part of it for a long while then say it was pushed successfully but my switch screen remains black. Any help?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey All,
Been trying to use tegraRCM to push hekate_ctcaer_5.7.0.bin payload to my switch (unpatched) but it'll hang on the 'invoking' part of it for a long while then say it was pushed successfully but my switch screen remains black. Any help?

please share a screenshot of TegraRCM after it pushes. Need to see the log messages.

kiryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
heard that it could be a battery issue so i've just got it on charge at the moment. The 0x number is 0x7000 if thats what your after. Also for some reason it keeps getting me to install the ATX drivers if that is somewhat helpful. Its also now hanging on not responding..

Attachments

• tegra not responding.PNG
    tegra not responding.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited by kiryn,

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No need to replace the cable. They are all the same. If it works for one CFW it will work for all. The pics should help.

Edit: Saw some of your other threads and being that yiu are on a patched Erista with a modchip Imwould have expected you to chose this page of the guide: https://rentry.org/EristaSXCoreEmuNAND

No I’m on a unpatched unit no mod chip.

I don’t want to keep any of my sx os stuff I just used a new memory card.
I hop the pictures will help I been trying to work this out all day

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heard that it could be a battery issue so i've just got it on charge at the moment. The 0x number is 0x7000 if thats what your after. Also for some reason it keeps getting me to install the ATX drivers if that is somewhat helpful. Its also now hanging on not responding..

yes, that’s what I was after. 0X7000 is good. It means your Switch is absolutely not patched.

it’s possible it could be a battery issue. Let it charge for a bit. Assuming you can boot it without injecting and see the battery level?

kiryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yes, that’s what I was after. 0X7000 is good. It means your Switch is absolutely not patched.

it’s possible it could be a battery issue. Let it charge for a bit. Assuming you can boot it without injecting and see the battery level?
Thats the thing. Its been a while since i've touched the thing so i'm not sure if it has autoRCM enabled or not. It just seems to boot straight into RCM mode seeing that any time I plug it in, tegraRCM auto detects it as being in RCM mode. Is there any way of disabling it and being able to boot back into OFW?

UPDATE: successful payload push apparently, still black screen

Attachments

• tegra success.PNG
    tegra success.PNG
    13.9 KB · Views: 39

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the thing. Its been a while since i've touched the thing so i'm not sure if it has autoRCM enabled or not. It just seems to boot straight into RCM mode seeing that any time I plug it in, tegraRCM auto detects it as being in RCM mode. Is there any way of disabling it and being able to boot back into OFW?

UPDATE: successful payload push apparently, still black screen

that looks good. If it’s cold booting to black screen it’s likely got AutoRCM. That’s not an issue though because you’re able to successfully push a hekate payload. The Hekate payload is probably hitting something funky that’s leading you to black screen so let’s do this.

Right after you hit the inject button on TecraRCM press and hold the (Vol -) button down.

This is to interrupt the Hecate boot so we can take a look around.

kiryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
that looks good. If it’s cold booting to black screen it’s likely got AutoRCM. That’s not an issue though because you’re able to successfully push a hekate payload. The Hekate payload is probably hitting something funky that’s leading you to black screen so let’s do this.

Right after you hit the inject button on TecraRCM press and hold the (Vol -) button down.

This is to interrupt the Hecate boot so we can take a look around.
Trying that now. tegraRCM still starts to not respond like 5 seconds after hitting the inject payload button. Do you know what this could be?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying that now. tegraRCM still starts to not respond like 5 seconds after hitting the inject payload button. Do you know what this could be?

that might be the driver issue on the PC side. You might want to try and catch the APX device in device manager and delete APX as a device, reboot, and then reattach you switch in RCM mode. This will make it reinstall the drivers (plus you get a reboot which often clears things on its own.)

edit: just hold (Vol -) for like 10-15 seconds if there’s that big of a delay to push a payload. We want to give Hekate plenty of time to try and boot, but we’re going to catch it before it can.

kiryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
that might be the driver issue on the PC side. You might want to try and catch the APX device in device manager and delete APX as a device, reboot, and then reattach you switch in RCM mode. This will make it reinstall the drivers (plus you get a reboot which often clears things on its own.)

edit: just hold (Vol -) for like 10-15 seconds if there’s that big of a delay to push a payload. We want to give Hekate plenty of time to try and boot, but we’re going to catch it before it can.
would this be the driver you're talking about?

Attachments

• dmanage.PNG
    dmanage.PNG
    29.5 KB · Views: 34

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would this be the driver you're talking about?
thats the one. You can delete the device and reboot. When we plug the switch back in to usb it will install drivers again and hopefully do away with the delay you’re seeing.

edit: more details on driver installation…just to be sure. https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/wiki

kiryn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
thats the one. You can delete the device and reboot. When we plug the switch back in to usb it will install drivers again and hopefully do away with the delay you’re seeing.

edit: more details on driver installation…just to be sure. https://github.com/eliboa/TegraRcmGUI/wiki
Uninstalled the driver, rebooted, plugged switch into my computer, reinstalled new drivers via Zadig yet still having the same issues. TegraRCM not responding for 1-2 minutes, successful push of payload while holding vol - yet still have a black screen. Its strange because I had it booted into hekate earlier today but decided to do a fresh install following https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ clearing my SD Card, formatting for fat32 (120GB Card) (as i've heard exfat can cause data corruption). Could it potentally be a bad download causing this?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalled the driver, rebooted, plugged switch into my computer, reinstalled new drivers via Zadig yet still having the same issues. TegraRCM not responding for 1-2 minutes, successful push of payload while holding vol - yet still have a black screen. Its strange because I had it booted into hekate earlier today but decided to do a fresh install following https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ clearing my SD Card, formatting for fat32 (120GB Card) (as i've heard exfat can cause data corruption). Could it potentally be a bad download causing this?
have you tried a different cord?

Reactions: binkinator

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, https://gbatemp.net/posts/10435312/ +1