Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

12_doctorwho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i format my sd card to fat32 and then format it on the switch to get the fat32 drivers then put all the original folders i backed up it would work on my 64 gigabyte sd card?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i format my sd card to fat32 and then format it on the switch to get the fat32 drivers then put all the original folders i backed up it would work on my 64 gigabyte sd card?

just format it to FAT32 on your PC. Your switch already has FAT32 drivers. If you try to format it on your switch the switch will see the large drive (anything >32G counts as large) it will use their substandard exFAT drivers that are -done corruption. The default disk format tool on Windows won’t do large drives by default either so download https://rufus.ie/en/.

12_doctorwho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just format it to FAT32 on your PC. Your switch already has FAT32 drivers. If you try to format it on your switch the switch will see the large drive (anything >32G counts as large) it will use their substandard exFAT drivers that are -done corruption. The default disk format tool on Windows won’t do large drives by default either so download https://rufus.ie/en/.
havent i met you before?

tommaloney

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ill ask here as well,

Few questions. What is NOGC? how do i stop the "thank you for using EEVEE.... message in toinfoil? what is the best way for linking your account to remove that nag all the time and is there a guide on how to do it. thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill ask here as well,

Few questions. What is NOGC?

This stands for “No Game Card“.

If it’s on (=1) it prevents your game card from coming online and updating its firmware (and thus blowing fuses).

docs here https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/blob/master/docs/features/configurations.md

how do i stop the "thank you for using EEVEE.... message in toinfoil?

This is a site that‘s set up in tinfoil. The message is served up on the remote server side so it’s displaying their “Message of the Day”. If you dont want to see it you have to disable Evee site.

what is the best way for linking your account to remove that nag all the time and is there a guide on how to do it.

Install and run linkalho.

You bet

Last edited by binkinator,

xgorinx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an ideal way to search for values in a game while it's running? I've been using the latest version of Edizon SE on latest version of Atmosphere, but if I do a search for a pretty common value and get like 300,000 results, then change that value again and do a second search, my switch always crashes (error 2168-0002). I was told this was due to the memory on the switch...so is there a better way?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an ideal way to search for values in a game while it's running? I've been using the latest version of Edizon SE on latest version of Atmosphere, but if I do a search for a pretty common value and get like 300,000 results, then change that value again and do a second search, my switch always crashes (error 2168-0002). I was told this was due to the memory on the switch...so is there a better way?

Probably have to do with you running it in applet mode you can try to ask the question in the cheat request thread

https://gbatemp.net/threads/cheat-codes-ams-and-sx-os-add-and-request.520293/

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maintenance Mode always worked with AutoRCM. The timing is just slightly different. You have to push a payload first that launches CFW or OFW and once you are in the process of launching CFW/OFW is when you hold the buttons.
Nice. Wiping the console from maintenance mode did not require an internet connection. I backed up this new clean sysnand to replace my old backup.

Question though, I booted in to OFW Sysnand and I lost auto RCM? I had to use the jig again. Was this caused by restoring the NAND or does this just happen if you boot OFW in hekate. Does this mean if Hekate hmboots OFW I might get my fuses blown?

I guess now that my sysnand is clean I continue to use CFW with it just keep it clean and avoid bannable actions right? Use emunand for that type of stuff

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help! Now I can’t get any controllers to connect wirelessly on emunand!

Only connected is working how do I fix this ?

Well I don’t know what cause it or fixed it but it finally just started working.

OK I figured it out. Erase all controllers before you can reconnect every time you change between nands.

Last edited by blaisedinsd,
Reactions: binkinator

LUCKASS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, want to get a Switch Oled and mod it with the Hwfly chip (I’ll be soldering with a professional). What do I need to buy? Someone recommended this shop on Ali, but there’s 3 options and I don’t really know what to choose. I also saw a tutorial here on how to flash new firmware into the chip, should I be worried about this? Should I do it before installing the chip or it’s not necessary on new chip?

Thanks!

nosis100285

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get the gamebanana mods for shin megami tensi V to load on the switch? can you use acropolis to load mods for games other than smash?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get the gamebanana mods for shin megami tensi V to load on the switch? can you use acropolis to load mods for games other than smash?
I don’t know about the specific banana mods working on that specific game but I use SimpleModManager for other mods if gotten from banana with great success. The readme will give you the basic howto concepts so you can give it a try.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/simplemodmanager-a-mod-manager-for-your-switch.548658/

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, want to get a Switch Oled and mod it with the Hwfly chip (I’ll be soldering with a professional). What do I need to buy? Someone recommended this shop on Ali, but there’s 3 options and I don’t really know what to choose. I also saw a tutorial here on how to flash new firmware into the chip, should I be worried about this? Should I do it before installing the chip or it’s not necessary on new chip?

Thanks!
That link seems to be broken so I don’t know what options you’re looking at.

@Mena is 100% legit on the topic. Read his thread and ask questions there if you still have them after you’re done.

@Modzvilleusa is also an expert in his craft. He did a detailed video on everything you need to do, buy, think, look like and feel about modding v3 Aula (OLED). Watch his video and ask away there if you have questions afterwards.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
file there but blank

What do you do right before you come back and find the file blank?

Does it happen:
1) the instant you insert your sd card?
2) right after you boot into atmosphere?
3) only when you try to launch a game?
4) right after you type cat /dev/null > ./hekate_ipl.ini?

Feel free to add any other details that surrounding this issue…will speed things along greatly! 😀

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, DO THE METH!!!