Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw a CFWaifu guide that talks about making a partition for emu nand. Do I need to do that and is it a trustworthy guide ? I see it using tegra gui for that

It’s good to know what I’m trying to do is really simple but I have little understanding to try and figure on my own with out some sort of guide.
Yes, you do technically need to make a partition but as I said before, Hekate handles the entire process hence no need for a guide. I also don't find CFWaifu a very trustworthy guide.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you do technically need to make a partition but as I said before, Hekate handles the entire process hence no need for a guide. I also don't find CFWaifu a very trustworthy guide.
So I basically just need 32gb space on my SD card and hekate does everything from the menus. The games on the SD card will be moved to a different location and work with the emu nand automatically or do they end up needing to be reinstalled or something?

Do I then just boot in to emunand to restore my prod info with incognito or do I have to do that first before transferring it to emunand? I guess I don’t even need my nand backup then to do this? my sysnand will be clean after transferring to emunand and restoring prod info?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I basically just need 32gb space on my SD card and hekate does everything from the menus. The games on the SD card will be moved to a different location and work with the emu nand automatically or do they end up needing to be reinstalled or something?

Do I then just boot in to emunand to restore my prod info with incognito or do I have to do that first before transferring it to emunand? I guess I don’t even need my nand backup then to do this? my sysnand will be clean after transferring to emunand and restoring prod info?
The games on the card won't be moved anywhere because there isn't any reason to move them. They also won't automatically work with emuMMC. By default, emuMMC comes with its own Nintendo folder in its own /emummc folder. You do have 2 options to make the games work with emuMMC. Both involve utilizing the Nintendo folder on your SD card which is used by sysMMC. There is an emummc.ini file in the /emummc folder which determines what Nintendo folder emuMMC uses. Either you make a copy of the Nintendo folder to use for emuMMC or make emuMMC and sysMMC use the same Nintendo folder. The first option will result in effectively doubling the space taken up by the games on your SD card but it allows you to differentiate the games used by emuMMC and sysMMC since they will have their own Nintendo folders. The other option won't reduce the space on your SD card but some people are worried about accidentally causing a ban this way since they tend to pirate games in emuMMC. However pirated and legitimate games don't appear any differently in the Nintendo folder so Nintendo wouldn't be one the wiser.

Reactions: blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games on the card won't be moved anywhere because there isn't any reason to move them. They also won't automatically work with emuMMC. By default, emuMMC comes with its own Nintendo folder in its own /emummc folder. You do have 2 options to make the games work with emuMMC. Both involve utilizing the Nintendo folder on your SD card which is used by sysMMC. There is an emummc.ini file in the /emummc folder which determines what Nintendo folder emuMMC uses. Either you make a copy of the Nintendo folder to use for emuMMC or make emuMMC and sysMMC use the same Nintendo folder. The first option will result in effectively doubling the space taken up by the games on your SD card but it allows you to differentiate the games used by emuMMC and sysMMC since they will have their own Nintendo folders. The other option won't reduce the space on your SD card but some people are worried about accidentally causing a ban this way since they tend to pirate games in emuMMC. However pirated and legitimate games don't appear any differently in the Nintendo folder so Nintendo wouldn't be one the wiser.
Thanks. Great info.
I saw this YouTube video to create emunand seems like good info

so it doesn’t even erase my sd card when I partition? This seems really simple

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should follow a written guide instead, Sthetix is pretty bad with his guide.
You should follow a written guide instead, Sthetix is pretty bad with his guide.
Ha, i was working with it’s so simple I don’t need a guide but if there is one…..I understand videos usually have bad info over written maintained guides

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
Let’s test the other way round for a moment to see if we can eliminate hardware.

(When you try these Pay attention to the alert sounds of a usb attaching and any alert messages that pop up. Grab a screenshot of any pop ups that you can.)

1) Are you able to inject a new payload via usb? (try injecting lockpick_RCM for example.)

2) Can you mount your sd card on your PC via Hekate USB tools? (any partition will do…just want to see a screenshot of something mounting properly)
1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Hi, seems theyre still working for sure

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha, i was working with it’s so simple I don’t need a guide but if there is one…..I understand videos usually have bad info over written maintained guides

Depends on the person who did the video guide some people does a good job and some people does terrible job, there are just so many threads here on the forum of people following his video and bricking their 3ds/switch

https://gbatemp.net/threads/messed-the-cfw-install-i-think.542806/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/bricked-n2ds-probably.569744/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/failed-to-mount-ctrnand-after-trying-to-unbrick-3ds.491744/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/frogminer-fail.525567/

micp

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on the person who did the video guide some people does a good job and some people does terrible job

I've just moved from SXOS to Atmosphere following the Rentry guides to migrate and then update to 13.2.1. I watched a few Youtube tutorials first off I can only echo what you've said here. Most of them were absolute garbage.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess rentry has a good trustworthy guide?

I was reading after partitioning for emunand it’s kind of a pain to switch SD cards. I was thinking of getting a bigger one, do 1 TB cards work ? I guess I should get the bigger SD card first.

realwooga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a question. I was wondering if I will be able to play locally with my friend, who has a normal stock switch. I have my switch homebrewed, and the game we want to play was installed on emummc with a .xci file. Will I be able to play with my switch on emunand (with the .xci game), with his stock switch(with a legit copy of said game)?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a question. I was wondering if I will be able to play locally with my friend, who has a normal stock switch. I have my switch homebrewed, and the game we want to play was installed on emummc with a .xci file. Will I be able to play with my switch on emunand (with the .xci game), with his stock switch(with a legit copy of said game)?

You can play locally lan.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess rentry has a good trustworthy guide?

I was reading after partitioning for emunand it’s kind of a pain to switch SD cards. I was thinking of getting a bigger one, do 1 TB cards work ? I guess I should get the bigger SD card first.

I prefer the reentry guide. Seems to be updated regularly which is my biggest criteria and covers the most common use cases. There are other fine guides as well but I’ve had no complaints from the peeps I’ve sent that way.

1TB cards from reputable brands work great. In theory the switch can handle 2TB (whenever those come out and their price drops.)

Moving partitions around to a new sd card is a minor pain (mostly waiting) but not impossible.

Either way you‘ll be fine and it’s not a decision I’d lose too much sleep over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr