Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

dysphoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How safe is to update games and firmware through OFW? I think I'm clean, I had only used overclock, mods offline and emulators in CFW sysnand, and a custom theme in emunand. Some people claim to use Goldleaf to update things, but it seem tedious to do.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How safe is to update games and firmware through OFW? I think I'm clean, I had only used overclock, mods offline and emulators in CFW sysnand, and a custom theme in emunand. Some people claim to use Goldleaf to update things, but it seem tedious to do.

You have a chance of getting ban since you used mod.

ovocie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a question. Is there any way that I can transfer a save file from an emulator like Yuzu or Ryujinx and get it onto an un-modded Switch?

I don't want to mod my Switch but I might look at getting myself a 2nd Switch, maybe a Lite and doing it on that.

I read somewhere that if you know someone that has a modded one they can do it and then somehow transfer it over using the save cloud backup.... Can someone explain how you could do it that way?
it's not possible

Dzapa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve been playing Pokémon Legends for a few days, and just got my physical copy from the store this morning. Is it safe to delete the pirated game install and use the save file on the physical cart version? At some point I want to do Mystery Gift and I want to know if there’s a possibility the system will get banned for using the save file.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone fancy helping a novice with his Switch and Lite
What kind of help are we talking about?
Hi,
I had separate atmo & SXOS emunands on hidden partitions and was running atmo.
I wanted to updated to the latest Hekate+AMS-package3-sigpatches-1.2.6-cfw-13.2.1
I copied over (overwrtiting everything) the new files.
Upon restart, the console boots up SXOS (FW 11.0.0) and not atmo.

Do I need to use TegraRCM to install a new payload ? If so which payload should I install ?

Thanks.
TegraRCM does not "install" payloads; it sends them to the console. If you want to launch Atmosphere, you'll have to use the Atmosphere payload which is either Hekate or fusee depending on your setup.
I have a question. Is there any way that I can transfer a save file from an emulator like Yuzu or Ryujinx and get it onto an un-modded Switch?

I don't want to mod my Switch but I might look at getting myself a 2nd Switch, maybe a Lite and doing it on that.

I read somewhere that if you know someone that has a modded one they can do it and then somehow transfer it over using the save cloud backup.... Can someone explain how you could do it that way?
Whoever said they can transfer it via save cloud backup doesn't know what they're talking about because Switch emulators have no way of interacting with online Switch services. I don't know what format Yuzu or Ryujinx use for their save data but if its compatible with any of the Switch homebrew save managers, it should be as easy as having one of those homebrew apps importing the save data. Meaning without hacking, its impossible to transfer the data.
how to format fat32 a 512gb micro sd ? There is no option on windows !
And which android 10 is better on switch ? Switchroot Andorid Oreo, Pie, or Q?
I noticed you said GUIFormat didn't work for you which is really strange. You can try any other third-party formatting tool. Another one that I like is called Rufus.
I’ve been playing Pokémon Legends for a few days, and just got my physical copy from the store this morning. Is it safe to delete the pirated game install and use the save file on the physical cart version? At some point I want to do Mystery Gift and I want to know if there’s a possibility the system will get banned for using the save file.
There is a possibility of a ban but if you're willing to take the risk, you can use your save data from the pirated copy. The save data has no idea whether the copy is pirated or not but the start date will be before the game was available to the public. Then again, review copies exist so that shouldn't be a big red flag but you never know when it comes to Nintendo.

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried formating my micro sd sandisk ultra 512GB brand new with guiformat and windows cmd alternative but nothing happened. the second option took all night ... and the 1st one took only 1 second.

dysphoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is a possibility of a ban but if you're willing to take the risk, you can use your save data from the pirated copy. The save data has no idea whether the copy is pirated or not but the start date will be before the game was available to the public. Then again, review copies exist so that shouldn't be a big red flag but you never know when it comes to Nintendo.
Well technically it's possible to change the console's date and therefore the save date. Long before I hacked mine, I used to change the date of my console to get Pokémon in Sword that only appeared on some days. But, who knows. maybe its too soon to try

le01jack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What kind of help are we talking about?

TegraRCM does not "install" payloads; it sends them to the console. If you want to launch Atmosphere, you'll have to use the Atmosphere payload which is either Hekate or fusee depending on your setup.

Whoever said they can transfer it via save cloud backup doesn't know what they're talking about because Switch emulators have no way of interacting with online Switch services. I don't know what format Yuzu or Ryujinx use for their save data but if its compatible with any of the Switch homebrew save managers, it should be as easy as having one of those homebrew apps importing the save data. Meaning without hacking, its impossible to transfer the data.

I noticed you said GUIFormat didn't work for you which is really strange. You can try any other third-party formatting tool. Another one that I like is called Rufus.

I need someone to do it for me basically 😥

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
A quick search here on gbatemp:

https://gbatemp.net/download/gui-format.33869/

That program allows formatting to Fat32
Don't working for me but I found another option thanks.

I installed android TV on my switch, it's wonderful but the problem is that a lot of applications are missing and so my question is, could I install apk and install it even if there not available on store?

And if I install the tablet version of Android, can I dock it also?

Korados

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey everybody,

my former Switch was banned, now I have a new Erista Switch but now I'm totally scared to use CFW again. I must confess that I never made any precautions back then because I had no idea what I have to do for this. And it worked fine for six years. I only used cheats (not online of course) and downloaded homebrew apps via the Homebrew Browser, as well as the newest firmware with the AIO Switch Updater. I even let atmosphere run while I was playing normally.

But then I decided to use sigpatches to play an illegal copy of Pokemon Brillant Diamond and got banned some time after that. Could that have been the reason?

I won't use sigpatches again but would this mean I'm as safe as before? Does Nintendo now have an eye on me? Or is that just paranoid thinking? I'd really like to know if I need precautions now and if yes, what I can do to not get banned again. But actually, I wouldn't want to miss the internet, either.

Thank you for your help!

sley

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But then I decided to use sigpatches to play an illegal copy of Pokemon Brillant Diamond and got banned some time after that. Could that have been the reason?
This triggered the ban 99%, if you plan on playing pirated games having an emunand with blocked Nintendo servers is an must.
You should be just as safe as before but of course it's never guaranteed.

Korados

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This triggered the ban 99%, if you plan on playing pirated games having an emunand with blocked Nintendo servers is an must.
You should be just as safe as before but of course it's never guaranteed.
No, I'll never pirate games again on the Switch. That was a stupid idea of me. I just didn't want to pay for both games, but alas, that cost me more than just simply buying a game. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: sley

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
went to start to updtae my firmware. all i did was download the new aotomsphere and hecakte and coppyed the firmware onto the sd. im coming from 12.1 i think or atleast 12. it boots into hecakte and when i launch a payload nothing happens. if i keep it plugged into my pay load injector it will auto boot to hekate and i still cant launch a cfw or payload.

this is from a log i got.
"
DNS Mitm:
Adding defaults to redirection list.
Selecting hosts file...
Skipping /hosts/sysmmc.txt because it does not exist...
Selected /hosts/default.txt
Redirections:
`receive-lp1.er.srv.nintendo.net` -> 127.0.0.1
`receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net` -> 127.0.0.1
"
anyone able to gleam me an idea of what i am doing wrong. did i miss another file that i need or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night