Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

vampier206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i pushed the newest hekate .bin casue i was using the old one before and now i receive this

Attachments

• 20220129_122606.jpg
    20220129_122606.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 49

bakioka

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, I'm trying to install CFW on my switch (pre-patched) and I'm following the rentry.co guide. However, I have already formatted to FAT32 several times using several different tools and have partitioned and created emummc through latest hekate (5.7.0). However, I'm always ending up with some kind of error when trying to launch the payload through hekate (fusee.bin - yes I have the latest one from the atmo github).

The errors I've seen are:
- Invalid Gpt signature
- unable to parse emummc.ini (when I open the file in my pc it's empty even though I did fill it in - doesn't matter if I fill it in again).

Anyone know what could be happening here? I honestly don't know what else to try, I've reformatted and reinstalled partition and file-based emummc several times and none of them ever work. Sigh.

Last edited by bakioka,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need someone to do it for me basically 😥
Do what exactly?
Hello, I'm trying to install CFW on my switch (pre-patched) and I'm following the rentry.co guide. However, I have already formatted to FAT32 several times using several different tools and have partitioned and created emummc through latest hekate (5.7.0). However, I'm always ending up with some kind of error when trying to launch the payload through hekate (fusee.bin - yes I have the latest one from the atmo github).

The errors I've seen are:
- Invalid Gpt signature
- unable to parse emummc.ini (when I open the file in my pc it's empty even though I did fill it in - doesn't matter if I fill it in again).

Anyone know what could be happening here? I honestly don't know what else to try, I've reformatted and reinstalled partition and file-based emummc several times and none of them ever work. Sigh.
Have you checked to see if the SD card is fake or not? If you haven't, I urge you to do so with a tool such as FakeFlashTest.
I used the sigpatches from that thread. I'm still getting that error for only Pokemon Shining Pearl.
Did you put them in the right places? Where did you the the patches on your SD card?

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you put them in the right places? Where did you the the patches on your SD card?
I moved them into the `atmosphere` and `bootloader` folder.

I am able to run Minecraft Dungeons and Pokemon Sword. Monster Hunter Rise and Shining Pearl get the eShop error.

Attachments

• pic.PNG
    pic.PNG
    10.1 KB · Views: 45

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved them into the `atmosphere` and `bootloader` folder.

I am able to run Minecraft Dungeons and Pokemon Sword. Monster Hunter Rise and Shining Pearl get the eShop error.
Are you sure that you installed the games and not updates or DLC? Since its only those games giving you errors, it could also be a bad dump that you installed.

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure that you installed the games and not updates or DLC? Since its only those games giving you errors, it could also be a bad dump that you installed.
Maybe. I forgot I own the physical copy anyway. I'm just gonna install it from the card or dump my own.

Can you point me to a guide to avoid getting banned from the eShop while using a CFW switch? I have a 2nd one for regular use but would still like to get cheats from online. I've already changed my DNS settings using a YouTube video and none of the Nintendo webpages load on my Switch.

Edit: I've been putting my Switch in Airplane mode when not using any internet. For obvious reasons.

Attachments

• nsp.PNG
    nsp.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 52

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to know what are the differences between AtmoXL Titel Installer and Tinwoo Installer,i use the first and i also tried the second and they look the same to me apart from the graphics.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hello
i finally had the time to switch from sxos to atmosphere
and updated the switch to 13.2.1 using daybreak
and it worked
sysnand, not emunand
but i can't install anything from external usb or even from PC, the app doesn't detect the PC or usb.
the flash drive is exFAT.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe. I forgot I own the physical copy anyway. I'm just gonna install it from the card or dump my own.

Can you point me to a guide to avoid getting banned from the eShop while using a CFW switch? I have a 2nd one for regular use but would still like to get cheats from online. I've already changed my DNS settings using a YouTube video and none of the Nintendo webpages load on my Switch.

Edit: I've been putting my Switch in Airplane mode when not using any internet. For obvious reasons.
There is no guide to avoid getting banned because the only reason people get banned is going online after using CFW/homebrew. If you don't go online after using CFW/homebrew, you won't get banned.
I wanted to know what are the differences between AtmoXL Titel Installer and Tinwoo Installer,i use the first and i also tried the second and they look the same to me apart from the graphics.
Do you happen to have a link to the AtmoXL Titel Installer thread? I tried looking for it myself because I think I saw it once but apparently my Google-fu skills are failing me because I cannot find it. I already looked at the GitHub page but it looks similar to TinWoo Installer's page.
hello
i finally had the time to switch from sxos to atmosphere
and updated the switch to 13.2.1 using daybreak
and it worked
sysnand, not emunand
but i can't install anything from external usb or even from PC, the app doesn't detect the PC or usb.
the flash drive is exFAT.
What app?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@vampier206 Let me rephrase: what payload are you loading with Hekate? Specifically, are you using the old fusee-primary.bin payload or the new fusee.bin? If you've updated atmosphere recently, you also need to replace your old payload with the new one. Also, don't update your hekate payload without also updating the rest of hekate, or it won't load successfully.

Reactions: vampier206

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Do you happen to have a link to the AtmoXL Titel Installer thread? I tried looking for it myself because I think I saw it once but apparently my Google-fu skills are failing me because I cannot find it. I already looked at the GitHub page but it looks similar to TinWoo Installer's page.
Look i updated it today to version 1.70 thisis the link from where i downloaded and installed it via Hekate in usb mode.

spiroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I have an unpatched Erista switch with sxos installed as a CFW on a partition based emunand for more than a year now and didn't have the need to update until recently.

I'm starting to realize reading other threads that this might be a little more challenging than I expected for a couple of reasons :
- sxos won't get updated anytime soon (I read about 3 team leaders arrested :blink:)
- my sdcard is exfat formatted and some people experienced data loss with recent firmware versions ?

The switch firmware version is 8.x. as the cfw is 9.x

I have a spare blank SD card and consider starting over with hekate and atomsphere following the great switch homebrew guide, as it would be easier than to convert from the current sxos install.
And give the additional benefit of keeping a backup working configuration.

What's your take on this ?
What about the exfat vs fat32 filesystem ?
If I go with the fat32 setup how to overcome the 4gb limit to install games ?

Thanks for your help ! ^_^

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look i updated it today to version 1.70 thisis the link from where i downloaded and installed it via Hekate in usb mode.
I know, I said I've already looked through the GitHub page and couldn't find anything unique about it. It doesn't seem to offer features found in TinWoo Installer so its a nice alternative but since the creator doesn't seem to have a public appearance unlike TinWoo, troubleshooting errors may be more difficult.
Hi everyone,

I have an unpatched Erista switch with sxos installed as a CFW on a partition based emunand for more than a year now and didn't have the need to update until recently.

I'm starting to realize reading other threads that this might be a little more challenging than I expected for a couple of reasons :
- sxos won't get updated anytime soon (I read about 3 team leaders arrested :blink:)
- my sdcard is exfat formatted and some people experienced data loss with recent firmware versions ?

The switch firmware version is 8.x. as the cfw is 9.x

I have a spare blank SD card and consider starting over with hekate and atomsphere following the great switch homebrew guide, as it would be easier than to convert from the current sxos install.
And give the additional benefit of keeping a backup working configuration.

What's your take on this ?
What about the exfat vs fat32 filesystem ?
If I go with the fat32 setup how to overcome the 4gb limit to install games ?

Thanks for your help ! ^_^
There has never ever been any reason to use exFAT. There are numerous methods that bypass the 4 GB limit on FAT32 such as splitting files or USB installation. exFAT will always have the chance to corrupt your SD card eventually so forget the risk and stick to FAT32. Outside of that, you can just setup Hekate & Atmosphere on the new SD card by following the switch homebrew guide.

spiroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know, I said I've already looked through the GitHub page and couldn't find anything unique about it. It doesn't seem to offer features found in TinWoo Installer so its a nice alternative but since the creator doesn't seem to have a public appearance unlike TinWoo, troubleshooting errors may be more difficult.

There has never ever been any reason to use exFAT. There are numerous methods that bypass the 4 GB limit on FAT32 such as splitting files or USB installation. exFAT will always have the chance to corrupt your SD card eventually so forget the risk and stick to FAT32. Outside of that, you can just setup Hekate & Atmosphere on the new SD card by following the switch homebrew guide.

Thanks for the reply :)
I'm curious about the exfat issues. Do you know if it is related to flaws with filesystem itself or with a Nintendo specific implementation ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply :)
I'm curious about the exfat issues. Do you know if it is related to flaws with filesystem itself or with a Nintendo specific implementation ?
The latter; Nintendo's exFAT driver on the Switch is horrible and there is no incentive for them to fix it since legitimate uses don't need to use exFAT.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But this is updated compared to Tinwoo Installer which has been stopped for some time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)