IMG-3550.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 51

BackToPlebbit69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidentally Updated My Erista Unpatched, But Modded Nintendo Switch, And Now I Get A Related 'The game card could not be read.' Message When Trying To Launch Official Game Carts:

Hey there,

I need some help since I messed up (but not really my fault since I kept getting prompts to update :/)

WHAT WAS DONE ORIGINALLY TO MOD MY SWITCH:

• I originally followed this guide step by step:
  • I got custom firmware working without a hitch, and also got Tinfoil working with a related shop working just fine.
  • The problem is that even after I did the suggested revisions to '/atmosphere/hosts/default.txt' which is the suggested method to block Nintendo's servers, I kept getting the damn bugging note by Nintendo to update (which is dumb advice, because I would have probably just did 96 DNS anyway since that actually worked when I did it a while back
CURRENT PROBLEM INVOLVING ACCIDENTAL UPDATE TO NINTENDO SWITCH TO MAKE CARTS NOT WORK:

• Anyway, the problem is after getting prompted by the Nintendo Switch update prompts so many times, I accidentally hit update, and the Switch updated, which blows.
  • The problem now is that when I try to launch game carts from the main menu while booted into the 'fusee.bin' payload via Hekate, I now get the following message:

The game card could not be read.
Please remove and reinsert it.
If this message appears repeatedly, please check the following page on your smart device or PC.
support.nintendo.com/switch/gamecarderror

WHAT I TRIED TO FIX THE ISSUE:

• I looked online and found this video:
    • How To Fix Game Card Could Not Be Read Error on Hacked Switch OFW 9.0+ Running Atmosphere CFW 0.10.5
  • The problem is that I did NOT have the 'BCT.ini' file they were referring to in the 'atmosphere/config/' directory.
  • I looked on the comments section, and basically some people got this to work by creating the 'BCT.ini' file itself.
  • With this in mind, I went ahead and created the '/atmosphere/config/BCT.ini' file manually, and placed the following contents inside of it just like the YouTube video above.

BCT0
[stage1] stage2_path = atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stage2_mtc_path = atmosphere/fusee-mtc.bin
stage2_addr = 0xf0000000
stage2_entrypoint = 0xF0000000 [exosphere]
; Note: Disabling debugmode will cause parts of ams.tma to not work in the future debugmode = 1 debugmode_user = 0
; Note: Disabling usermode exception handlers will cause atmosphere to not fail gracefully under error conditions
; Support will not be provided to users who disable these. If you do not know what you are doing, leave them on
disable_user_exception_handlers = 0
; Note: Its currently unknown what effects enabling the usermode PMU register access may have on official code
enable_user_pmu_access = 0
[stratosphere]
; To force-enable nogc, add nogc = 1
; To force-disable nogc, add nogc = 0
; To opt in to using Atmospheres NCM reimplementation, add enable_ncm = 1
nogc = 0

RESULTS:

• I booted into 'fusee.bin' payload, and am still getting the same SD card error unfortunately.
  • NOTE: The games I got through Tinfoil are now automatically updating themselves by Nintendo themselves --> :/ is this a bad thing bros? Wasn't 'default.txt' supposed to prevent this?
WORKAROUND:

• Funnily enough, I have a second 'good boy' unmodded, but newer Switch that I can use in this scenario, but it still kind of blows how I can't just use the carts since I was actually intending on backing up the saves, etc.
  • But if I can't access the carts from the modded Switch... yeah I can't backup the saves like I intended etc :/
NEXT STEPS:

• What am I doing wrong?
  • Is there something I messed up on?
  • Do you guys need any of my config files for reference, as I would be glad to provide them if necessary?

Last edited by BackToPlebbit69,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accidentally Updated My Erista Unpatched, But Modded Nintendo Switch, And Now I Get A Related 'The game card could not be read.' Message When Trying To Launch Official Game Carts:

Hey there,

I need some help since I messed up (but not really my fault since I kept getting prompts to update :/)

WHAT WAS DONE ORIGINALLY TO MOD MY SWITCH:

• I originally followed this guide step by step:
  • I got custom firmware working without a hitch, and also got Tinfoil working with a related shop working just fine.
  • The problem is that even after I did the suggested revisions to '/atmosphere/hosts/default.txt' which is the suggested method to block Nintendo's servers, I kept getting the damn bugging note by Nintendo to update (which is dumb advice, because I would have probably just did 96 DNS anyway since that actually worked when I did it a while back
CURRENT PROBLEM INVOLVING ACCIDENTAL UPDATE TO NINTENDO SWITCH TO MAKE CARTS NOT WORK:

• Anyway, the problem is after getting prompted by the Nintendo Switch update prompts so many times, I accidentally hit update, and the Switch updated, which blows.
  • The problem now is that when I try to launch game carts from the main menu while booted into the 'fusee.bin' payload via Hekate, I now get the following message:

The game card could not be read.
Please remove and reinsert it.
If this message appears repeatedly, please check the following page on your smart device or PC.
support.nintendo.com/switch/gamecarderror

WHAT I TRIED TO FIX THE ISSUE:

• I looked online and found this video:
    • How To Fix Game Card Could Not Be Read Error on Hacked Switch OFW 9.0+ Running Atmosphere CFW 0.10.5
  • The problem is that I did NOT have the 'BCT.ini' file they were referring to in the 'atmosphere/config/' directory.
  • I looked on the comments section, and basically some people got this to work by creating the 'BCT.ini' file itself.
  • With this in mind, I went ahead and created the '/atmosphere/config/BCT.ini' file manually, and placed the following contents inside of it just like the YouTube video above.

BCT0
[stage1] stage2_path = atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stage2_mtc_path = atmosphere/fusee-mtc.bin
stage2_addr = 0xf0000000
stage2_entrypoint = 0xF0000000 [exosphere]
; Note: Disabling debugmode will cause parts of ams.tma to not work in the future debugmode = 1 debugmode_user = 0
; Note: Disabling usermode exception handlers will cause atmosphere to not fail gracefully under error conditions
; Support will not be provided to users who disable these. If you do not know what you are doing, leave them on
disable_user_exception_handlers = 0
; Note: Its currently unknown what effects enabling the usermode PMU register access may have on official code
enable_user_pmu_access = 0
[stratosphere]
; To force-enable nogc, add nogc = 1
; To force-disable nogc, add nogc = 0
; To opt in to using Atmospheres NCM reimplementation, add enable_ncm = 1
nogc = 0

RESULTS:

• I booted into 'fusee.bin' payload, and am still getting the same SD card error unfortunately.
  • NOTE: The games I got through Tinfoil are now automatically updating themselves by Nintendo themselves --> :/ is this a bad thing bros? Wasn't 'default.txt' supposed to prevent this?
WORKAROUND:

• Funnily enough, I have a second 'good boy' unmodded, but newer Switch that I can use in this scenario, but it still kind of blows how I can't just use the carts since I was actually intending on backing up the saves, etc.
  • But if I can't access the carts from the modded Switch... yeah I can't backup the saves like I intended etc :/
NEXT STEPS:

• What am I doing wrong?
  • Is there something I messed up on?
  • Do you guys need any of my config files for reference, as I would be glad to provide them if necessary?

BTC.ini is deprecated. See if this helps:

https://rentry.org/MigrateToAtmosphere1_0_0
https://rentry.org/DisableNOGC

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DeathRainSpidey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@DeathRainSpidey

Looks like mission control is borked? Try removing it by removing your /atmosphere/contents/010000000000bd00 directory.

https://github.com/ndeadly/MissionControl/issues/76

You can try reinstalling the latest mission control after you get everything working again.
Thanks a lot, it worked! DIdn't think MissionControl would cause problems all of the sudden since I downloaded it + haven't used it for a while. Then again MissionControl does cause a bunch of problems so I should've seen it coming...

Reactions: binkinator

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a mariko on 11.0.1 and been waiting forever for a soft mod. do you think I should update to latest fw to use eshop or just wait?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a mariko on 11.0.1 and been waiting forever for a soft mod. do you think I should update to latest fw to use eshop or just wait?

There’s nothing special about 11.0.1. A future softmod is highly unlikely. Enjoy your switch in the moment for what it is.

DonKedick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently went through a reformat of my SD card because all of my NSPs kept crashing on me, so it was time to start clean. I backed up my entire SD card before reformatting to an external HDD, so I have access to that if it helps. After the SD reformat, I thought my User Characters would've carried over from SysNand but they didn't. How do I pull over user data between the two. Note that I generated the Users on the original EmuNand (which was probably the wrong move originally, but I didnt think it'd matter since I never booted to SysNand anyways). Once I get the User profiles restored I am going to try to back up saves. I'd like to know how to migrate user profiles between the two file structures and also if I can do the same from SD card to SD card while staying in airplane mode.

Thanks!!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently went through a reformat of my SD card because all of my NSPs kept crashing on me, so it was time to start clean. I backed up my entire SD card before reformatting to an external HDD, so I have access to that if it helps. After the SD reformat, I thought my User Characters would've carried over from SysNand but they didn't. How do I pull over user data between the two. Note that I generated the Users on the original EmuNand (which was probably the wrong move originally, but I didnt think it'd matter since I never booted to SysNand anyways). Once I get the User profiles restored I am going to try to back up saves. I'd like to know how to migrate user profiles between the two file structures and also if I can do the same from SD card to SD card while staying in airplane mode.

Thanks!!

Have you tried JKSV?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but without the user profile, it doesnt show up, it has nothing to map to. i need to restore the users first before i try to restore the saves... unless i am missing something.
Can‘t you just restore the data to your SD card from backup or heck maybe just add a user with the same name?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes but without the user profile, it doesnt show up, it has nothing to map to. i need to restore the users first before i try to restore the saves... unless i am missing something.
just make any profile and start the game once with it. then restore a save to it. jksv backed-up saves arent linked to user profiles. they can be restored to any user profile. now nintendo official save transfer, yea you'd need the same user profile, but not with homebrew.

Last edited by Chaosta,

Wallygator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi! I only have sysnand and games installed on it and I'd like to create emunand but before I need to clean it with Haku33. Somebody already use it?
1) Does it work with 13.2.0 AMS:1.2.5|S ?
2) Do I need to remove all the games them reinstall them?
3) Do I need to reinstall hekate, atmosphere, etc. Restart all from scratch?
Thanks

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I only have sysnand and games installed on it and I'd like to create emunand but before I need to clean it with Haku33. Somebody already use it?
1) Does it work with 13.2.0 AMS:1.2.5|S ?
2) Do I need to remove all the games them reinstall them?
3) Do I need to reinstall hekate, atmosphere, etc. Restart all from scratch?
Thanks
You don’t have to clean it with Haku before you create an emunand.

1) yes. They recently updated keys to work with 13+
2) you don’t have to but many guides will tell you to do so in the event you have issues.
3) you can leave sysnand as is and just upgrade emunand.

Start here and read read read:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Wallygator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I watched some video tutorial and they said if I create an emunand from a dirty sysnand, I could be banned from tinfoil even under emunand.
I also need to clean sysnand to use the console normally with real cards game.
Thanks for the links, I'm going to read it now :))

ShaDeFinale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have an unpatched switch that I want to try and set up but I'm trying to accomplish something specific on it.

I have:
SP - Physical cart of Pokemon Shining Pearl (2 carts if needed)

Two switches, which I will label as S1 and S2
S1 - Unpatched switch (has game version 1.0.0 Pokemon save, current game version on switch is still 1.0.0)
S2 - A patched switch such as Switch lite/OLED Switch (has never run SP and doesn't have update data)

I want:
S2 to run Shining Pearl at game version 1.1.1 and have the save from S1.

Is it possible to install version 1.1.1 on emuNAND for a physical game?
Or, just install 1.1.1 by pirating that specific version somehow? (Not asking for link)

If I could do so, would the following work?
Install SP 1.1.1 on S1 emuNAND
Use 'local update' feature to install 1.1.1 on S2 without hacking S2
Use 'transfer save' feature on S1 sysNAND to transfer save to S2

My understanding is that if you transfer an unmodified sysNAND save to another switch that has no risk. But is there any risk in using 'local update' feature to install a specific game version if one of the switches is on emuNAND with a 'dirty' game version?

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
So switch was updated to 13.2.0 (ex fat)

have the latest atmos and hekate
On boot it says

Missing LP0 (sleep mode) lib!
Missing or Old Minerva lib!

Update bootloader folder!

Press any key...

edit:

formatted a saller sd card to fat32, I get into hekate but new error
Failed to identify kernel!
Failed to launch HOS!

Last edited by ganons,

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have an unpatched switch that I want to try and set up but I'm trying to accomplish something specific on it.

I have:
SP - Physical cart of Pokemon Shining Pearl (2 carts if needed)

Two switches, which I will label as S1 and S2
S1 - Unpatched switch (has game version 1.0.0 Pokemon save, current game version on switch is still 1.0.0)
S2 - A patched switch such as Switch lite/OLED Switch (has never run SP and doesn't have update data)

I want:
S2 to run Shining Pearl at game version 1.1.1 and have the save from S1.

Is it possible to install version 1.1.1 on emuNAND for a physical game?
Or, just install 1.1.1 by pirating that specific version somehow? (Not asking for link)

My understanding is that if you transfer an unmodified sysNAND save to another switch that has no risk. But is there any risk in using 'local update' feature to install a specific game version if one of the switches is on emuNAND with a 'dirty' game version?
on the unhacked patched switch, you cant pick what update to update to. it will update to the latest version available, which is 1.1.3? you can transfer the save from hacked switch to the unhacked one assuming both switch have the same profile. you'd use save transfer option in settings.

yes you can install a specific game version on emunand. just insert cart, then pirate w.e update you want and install it.

and this
requires you to be connected to nintendo servers for that transfer. you would of installed a pirated nsp to your emunand(pirated updates are nsps too). That's a great way to get your switch banned.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tegra RCM Gui doesnt detect my switch yes it has the jig & the cable & the APX drivers are already installed
Well try using other USB ports and cables if you have them. It might also help if you power cycle both the computer and the console. In other words, try turning your computer on & off as well as re-entering RCM on your Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay