Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Fireword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Whats the normal temperature that a docked switch should have while playing heavy games?
Just changed the thermal paste of my switch for the first time (it was quite dry) but im barely seeing any difference it just went down from 63-64 C to 60-61 C

MintSaka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have two Switches. One is unpatched with CFW, and the other is stock with OFW and no modifications.

Is it safe to use a Switch Pro Controller between these two devices?

There's nothing in the Bluetooth communications that would somehow alert my OFW Switch that I've been using the controller on a hacked Switch correct?

otaconn23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently updated emuMMC CFW to 13, but sysNAND still on OFW 9.0.1. I always booted thru autoRCM to prevent fuse burn. How can I test my new 3D printed RCM jig while preventing fuse burn?

nine_999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was wondering if i were to dump xci files with tinfoil to my swtich , would i get banned for running the software with an internet connection but not using the online services ? ( btw i just have the standard atmosphere stuff no additional files)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recently updated emuMMC CFW to 13, but sysNAND still on OFW 9.0.1. I always booted thru autoRCM to prevent fuse burn. How can I test my new 3D printed RCM jig while preventing fuse burn?
So long as you are holding the volume up, it *should* prevent it from booting into nintendos bootloader if the jig works

Reactions: otaconn23

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently my Emunand stopped running, I am not too clued up and get confused by names and version numbers. So I installed a new package to fix it, and it did fix it, I used Pack.Atmosphere.1.1.1.Hekate.5.6.2.Sigpatch.13.0.0.

I am now blocked from updating my games and going online, whereas I wasn't before. And yes I am aware I can get banned but I also don't care about getting banned, I have another Switch for playing online officially.

My question is, what have I added that is now blocking updates, the switch isn't banned (i checked)
Where did you download the package?
Hello, I have two Switches. One is unpatched with CFW, and the other is stock with OFW and no modifications.

Is it safe to use a Switch Pro Controller between these two devices?

There's nothing in the Bluetooth communications that would somehow alert my OFW Switch that I've been using the controller on a hacked Switch correct?
Even if they did, why would anyone get banned for simply using a controller from a hacked console? Controllers aren't tied to consoles in the first place.
i was wondering if i were to dump xci files with tinfoil to my swtich , would i get banned for running the software with an internet connection but not using the online services ? ( btw i just have the standard atmosphere stuff no additional files)
Yes because bans happen anytime after connecting to Nintendo's servers which the console does automatically irrespective of actually using Nintendo's online services.

otaconn23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long as you are holding the volume up, it *should* prevent it from booting into nintendos bootloader if the jig works
I'm more concerned if it doesn't, you know. If I remove my SD card, try the jig with [Pwr] + [Vol+], would that be a safer way? That way, if the jig doesn't work, all I would have done is booted OFW. I haven't tampered with sysNAND in anyway..

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm more concerned if it doesn't, you know. If I remove my SD card, try the jig with [Pwr] + [Vol+], would that be a safer way? That way, if the jig doesn't work, all I would have done is booted OFW. I haven't tampered with sysNAND in anyway..

If the jig fails it should just boot OFW normally and if the system update isn't downloaded it shouldn't burn , does that make sense

Reactions: otaconn23

nine_999

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i were to use an emunand would i be able to do it then with an internet connection but not using the online features?

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Just wondering but:

-Do i need to create a nand backup after every fw update i do?

-is there any way to disable the homebrew menu when i press the home button so my kids don't mess with it?!

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just wondering but:

-Do i need to create a nand backup after every fw update i do?

-is there any way to disable the homebrew menu when i press the home button so my kids don't mess with it?!
No, but it's up to you, I would do it every few versions or if u have significant data changes.

Uhhh iirc yoi can change hbmenu behaviour using loader.ini in atmosphere configs

Reactions: impeeza

steel52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm jailbreaking switch for first time and am following youtube tutorials. I got the atmosphere files github but I don't see a sept folder that I see in the tutorials. Where can I get that or is it even necessary? What is it for?

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm jailbreaking switch for first time and am following youtube tutorials. I got the atmosphere files github but I don't see a sept folder that I see in the tutorials. Where can I get that or is it even necessary? What is it for?
I don't recommend following any Youtube guides because Atmosphere updates fairly regularly. So any Youtube video guide is very likely out of date, especially if there has been a new firmware release. Instead, I would recommend following a text guide like https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/ (not the only one, but one I used for three of my unpatched Switches, each on different official firmware including the latest 13.0).

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.