Country
United States
Last edited by BigOnYa,

riroku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently planning on buying a V1 switch. Is there any difference between buying a online banned one vs a non banned one beside the obvious? Like can I still update firmware and etc

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently planning on buying a V1 switch. Is there any difference between buying a online banned one vs a non banned one beside the obvious? Like can I still update firmware and etc
Yes you can just update the firmware and game updates, offline with homebrew apps. Yes the Only real difference is the obvious, No online playing of games, or buying games from the Nintendo Game store.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It says on the Tinfoil discord that it is down temporary....

Yea, downloads are down on Tinfoil. The app will not even load for me. People have said it runs but they can't get content from it.

I am just trying to get the app to actually run on my updated switch.

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, have you "NX installer (java app) " link to? Im see nothing on google.

I need to set up my wifi connection with 90DNS option yes?
NS-USBloader - another one Tinfoil and GoldLeaf USB installer | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

Sorry I had it wrong... It's what I used. As I can't get Tinfoil to work. I used to use Tinfoil and NUT to it worked....sigh..

It's a java app (can be flakey at times) but, it did work to re-install all my games...

Last edited by DavidinCT,

Kluiv3rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NS-USBloader - another one Tinfoil and GoldLeaf USB installer | GBAtemp.net - The Independent Video Game Community

Sorry I had it wrong... It's what I used. As I can't get Tinfoil to work. I used to use Tinfoil and NUT to it worked....sigh..

It's a java app (can be flakey at times) but, it did work to re-install all my games...

Thx.
Now another problem, i have installed drivers, ns-usbloader and avo. Connected succesfully, but I have problem with nsp Installation... See please photo.
IMG_20210324_160827_edit_76782237190366.jpg

EDIT: Work now. Need only Launch Nintendo with EmuMMC and not sysEMC.

But not all games, some games not working after install, Im getting Information about none internet connection(im offline always) and game not staring..
IMG_20210324_173225.jpg

Last edited by Kluiv3rt,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why so defensive? What I've told about past consoles was just how I learned things here and all the community involved. I just suggested what is logical, and was just a suggestion...
Maybe you don't get it but you are indeed a lot newer than me here and if you want the data, then dig this website's history and forums.
They are not theories or hypotheses, it's wisdom. Just don't leave traces, and doing those steps you hardly will. And yes, they can be easily comparable like I did, is not for nothing that many who follow the same are still unbanned.

Look, I don't use any, I'm just explaining things to you that you seems to don't know...
It's not about what I trust, it's about how you handle to others your personal info and your datastream, or to just wipe your data. That's it.
It's not baseless paranoia. I work with telecommunication for almost 9.5y.

Files and servers are different things, like CFW and homebrew are different. You could to stop mixing things up.

You trully seems to not know how files and datastream is handle over either hardware and internet.
Listen to me loud and clear when I say this because I want to avoid wasting both of our time; I do not care about your opinion. I don't care what you think or believe, what your background information is, or how long you've been on this site. All of that is irrelevant to me and to the data that I have accrued. Your opinion is worth about as much as a random noob or even my own and I haven't even shared my opinion yet because there is no reason to do so when I can use the spreadsheet to talk for me. Unless you have any objective evidence to share, I could not care less what you insist.

Please also don't act like you know me because you very clearly don't. You have absolutely no idea how long I have been using this site because I was using before I became a member and have hacked many consoles. How I interpret information for previous consoles is completely different from how I interpret the data in the spreadsheet because those two things are separate.

Any point keeping my sysnand at a lower firmware.
I'm at 3.0 or 3.1 on sysnand with emmunand at latest firmware for hacks and autorcm installed. I havent updated to avoid burning fuses and updating the gc firmware.

With this combination is there really any point of keeping sysnand low? Id love to be able to play and rip my cart games. Online isn't that huge for me but haven't used any of the warm boot hacks. Like dejavu since I never really shut my switch down. It's always in sleep and can reboot into payloads from atmosphere.

Thinking to update to at least have the gc firmware updated so can play/rip carts. And if I need to use ofw can boot it through hekate though a payload.
Right now, there are no plans for an untethered coldboot to release on lower firmware versions which is the only reason to not update. Personally, updating without burning fuses is your best bet because it still allows you to downgrade. The only reason to not update your cartridge slot is if an exploit in the future requires that but that would imply you may need to buy a game to make use of that exploit so it might be the most expensive exploit comparatively to the ones currently available. Therefore it might not be as bad of an idea to update your cartridge slot. You can very easily update your firmware without burning fuses yet update your cartridge slot for higher firmware versions.

gutoblauth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Listen to me loud and clear when I say this because I want to avoid wasting both of our time; I do not care about your opinion. I don't care what you think or believe, what your background information is, or how long you've been on this site. All of that is irrelevant to me and to the data that I have accrued. Your opinion is worth about as much as a random noob or even my own and I haven't even shared my opinion yet because there is no reason to do so when I can use the spreadsheet to talk for me. Unless you have any objective evidence to share, I could not care less what you insist.

Please also don't act like you know me because you very clearly don't. You have absolutely no idea how long I have been using this site because I was using before I became a member and have hacked many consoles. How I interpret information for previous consoles is completely different from how I interpret the data in the spreadsheet because those two things are separate.
Chill dude, I just wanted to help you, but ok...
You could at least listen a bit instead of throwing a thread you run into someone's face next time.
;)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chill dude, I just wanted to help you, but ok...
You could at least listen a bit instead of throwing a thread you run into someone's face next time.
;)
I tried but you offered no objective evidence every time I asked. You need to chill on claiming you know other people and how much you know because there is a possibility your opinion isn't correct. I was willing to admit that but you never were.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Any point keeping my sysnand at a lower firmware.
I'm at 3.0 or 3.1 on sysnand with emmunand at latest firmware for hacks and autorcm installed. I havent updated to avoid burning fuses and updating the gc firmware.

With this combination is there really any point of keeping sysnand low? Id love to be able to play and rip my cart games. Online isn't that huge for me but haven't used any of the warm boot hacks. Like dejavu since I never really shut my switch down. It's always in sleep and can reboot into payloads from atmosphere.

Thinking to update to at least have the gc firmware updated so can play/rip carts. And if I need to use ofw can boot it through hekate though a payload.
The only reason not to update that I can think of is you will not be able to use Deja Vu (Caffeine) to launch CFW but if you don't want to use that anyway then you can update.

Psygnosis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have a mariko console that is taking a lot of dust. I just want to know something.
Technically it seems that it is not possible to modify Mariko via software because the system is so well written that it is impossible to find bugs, I don't remember which hacker in the community said this.
This means that even if I update now, it is likely that nothing will change in the future. But, is there anything moving on clone mods? Because finding a mod is hard, at human prices is even worse.
Do you think it's better for me to upgrade and enjoy the console as much as I can and wait for a clone because a software mod will never happen?

EnteredYourMind

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.

I just bought a used hacked Nintendo Switch. It's one of the older models, so no chips in it.

I deleted most of the games that came with it, but my SD card is still full.
There's almost nothing there apparently, but it's using up almost all 120GB, which is ridiculous.

What I really wanted to do was "Re-Hack" it, and make everything brand new, as if I just hacked it myself today, but I have no idea what has already been done on it, what versions of things are installed, and overall everything that I need to do to achieve this objective.

When I look at the system version, it says I'm on version 11.0.0

Another thing that's pissing me off. I installed both Smash, and Mario Kart, but both of these games say that I need to update before being able to play them.
I downloaded versions of these games that claimed to have the update already.
What's happening?

tl;dr
How can "factory reset / re-hack" my hacked console to the way it was when the guy hacked it on day one?

clothbeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, i successfully flashed my switch. Everything works. If i want to play original owned games, i can log into the sysmmc and go online with my profiles. Am i right ? I wiped first time, then flashed my switch and have the emummc now. Do i have to wipe again the syspartition or can i just log in ?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I have a mariko console that is taking a lot of dust. I just want to know something.
Technically it seems that it is not possible to modify Mariko via software because the system is so well written that it is impossible to find bugs, I don't remember which hacker in the community said this.
This means that even if I update now, it is likely that nothing will change in the future. But, is there anything moving on clone mods? Because finding a mod is hard, at human prices is even worse.
Do you think it's better for me to upgrade and enjoy the console as much as I can and wait for a clone because a software mod will never happen?

lower is better but that is ultimately up to you if you want to wait, want to use it or find a chip, alternatively, you could always find a RCM vulnerable console

Hello.

I just bought a used hacked Nintendo Switch. It's one of the older models, so no chips in it.

I deleted most of the games that came with it, but my SD card is still full.
There's almost nothing there apparently, but it's using up almost all 120GB, which is ridiculous.

What I really wanted to do was "Re-Hack" it, and make everything brand new, as if I just hacked it myself today, but I have no idea what has already been done on it, what versions of things are installed, and overall everything that I need to do to achieve this objective.

When I look at the system version, it says I'm on version 11.0.0

Another thing that's pissing me off. I installed both Smash, and Mario Kart, but both of these games say that I need to update before being able to play them.
I downloaded versions of these games that claimed to have the update already.
What's happening?

tl;dr
How can "factory reset / re-hack" my hacked console to the way it was when the guy hacked it on day one?

It might have a hidden emunand partion, use hekate to reformat the microSD card and start again following the guide

Reactions: BigOnYa

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i successfully flashed my switch. Everything works. If i want to play original owned games, i can log into the sysmmc and go online with my profiles. Am i right ? I wiped first time, then flashed my switch and have the emummc now. Do i have to wipe again the syspartition or can i just log in ?
What do you mean by "flashed my switch"? There is nothing to flash except for AutoRCM because the exploit exists in RAM; no part of the exploit is ever installed to the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-