Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

D

Deleted User

edit: lol forgot to delete text
Yep, my bad then. Since we're on a hacking forum, and saying that something can lead to ban for sure won't make people believe they are doomed if they do it...

About the "false data" I meant the people who said to you that simply homebrew had banned them. Never referred to your spreadsheet or the data inside of it.
Sure homebrew can leads to ban, but some are safe and if you keep on those, then that means simply homebrew won't hurt you.
It’s not homebrewing, it’s some of the homebrews. You will hardly get banned simply by homebrew.
cant argue with this guy. same person who believes 90DNS is much more safer than incognito

Last edited by ,
Reactions: gutoblauth

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly recommend switching to TinWoo Installer instead. I have been using Awoo Installer since it was released with no issues and TinWoo is a better version of Awoo Installer.

I tried TinWoo but, ended up with Awoo Installer, this made my Sig patches correct(this has the option to update sig patches automatically). It does work for install (got everything installed with very little issues but, didn't like needing to run a java app)but, I like Tinfoil for some of it's other features.

So Sig patches are right, Tinfoli installs but, errors out cant be run... any know how to get Tinfoil to work ?

By device, I assume you mean jig. Anyways, as far as I know, there is no such thing as a jig that works 100% of the time because the process itself is very user-dependent. Not to mention the pins from the jig and/or the rail may slightly move making the jig less effective over time. This is why AutoRCM is such a boon because it allows you to boot into RCM without a jig and is 100% guaranteed to work.

Yea, a jig, So is suggested to buy a dead Joycon and mod it to be a little more accurate ?

I have 3 jigs and its' hit or miss, sometimes I get it first shot, other times it takes 20 times. Just was looking for if anyone has found one that always works... Just trying to short down the time.

I found the best way to just remove the SD card while running it, it crashes but, hit a volume button when I am done with the SD card and it will reboot in RCM mode but, I am sure that is not the best way to do it.

Is there an app I can install where I can select Reboot in RCM mode from the applet menu ?

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an app I can install where I can select Reboot in RCM mode from the applet menu ?
Yes, get a homebrew app called "Kosmos Toolbox", it will let you boot to hekate main menu from the homebrew screen, then you can remove your SD card safely, and/or reboot to Atmosphere without using your Jig/payload launcher.
And I suggest using Auto-enable RCM thru hekate and won't have to use jig/payload launcher very often/ever.

You can find it here: https://www.sdsetup.com/

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: DavidinCT

Kluiv3rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys,

I have switch with OFW 11.0.1, CFW Hekate 5.5.4. I Have emuMMC, and now I have made Rawnand today.

But I have problems with installing games from Sd card because Tinfoil und Avo Installer doesn't work on newest Hekate... Have anyone any Idea how can I install nsp game from sd card?

Or better Downgrade OFW to 10.2.0? When yes then how? ;)

Regards

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys,

I have switch with OFW 11.0.1, CFW Hekate 5.5.4. I Have emuMMC, and now I have made Rawnand today.

But I have problems with installing games from Sd card because Tinfoil und Avo Installer doesn't work on newest Hekate... Have anyone any Idea how can I install nsp game from sd card?

Or better Downgrade OFW to 10.2.0? When yes then how? ;)

Regards

I just updated everything on my console...I am running into the same thing with Tinfoil/Nut as I used them all the time to install everything.

I went to Awoo Installer, and used the NX installer (java app) and I was able to install all my games over the LAN/wi-fi... There is an option to install from SD right in the app and you can update you sigs wile doing that to help Tinfoil run if they fix it..

Reactions: Kluiv3rt

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, my bad then. Since we're on a hacking forum, and saying that something can lead to ban for sure won't make people believe they are doomed if they do it...

About the "false data" I meant the people who said to you that simply homebrew had banned them. Never referred to your spreadsheet or the data inside of it.
Sure homebrew can leads to ban, but some are safe and if you keep on those, then that means simply homebrew won't hurt you.
It’s not homebrewing, it’s some of the homebrews. You will hardly get banned simply by homebrew.
But the point is there is still a chance no matter the homebrew app and not everyone is willing to take that risk no matter how small.
edit: lol forgot to delete text

cant argue with this guy. same person who believes 90DNS is much more safer than incognito
I mean it is isn't it statistically speaking? At best, 90DNS is on par with Incognito but 90DNS has not caused people to become permanently banned unlike Incognito therefore 90DNS is safer. Just because you believe Incognito is safer does not mean that is true in practice. If you have any objective evidence rather than conjecture on how its safer, I am all ears.

Yea, a jig, So is suggested to buy a dead Joycon and mod it to be a little more accurate ?
A Joy-Con rail to be more precise. Although I have some seen other setups of people using a reed Switch to manually enter RCM which may be easier to setup.

Kluiv3rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just updated everything on my console...I am running into the same thing with Tinfoil/Nut as I used them all the time to install everything.

I went to Awoo Installer, and used the NX installer (java app) and I was able to install all my games over the LAN/wi-fi... There is an option to install from SD right in the app and you can update you sigs wile doing that to help Tinfoil run if they fix it..

Ok thx. Then now the best way ist through LAN/Wi-Fi yes? Have you any guide to do that? Im noob‍♂️

Sammy42086

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there so i have acquired through an associate of mine a V1 switch that is stuck currently in kiosk or demo mode i believe its called or maybe quest mode....... I have been doing my home work trying to figure a way out on how to make it like a retail switch with it able to run on Horizon OS somehow whether its through CFW payloads or something else gnag i wouod loveto know! I was able to get the thing to go in to rcm mode and was also abke to setup an SD card and was able to have atmosphere bootlogo and stuff come up but not able to. Get to the homebrew menu because its stuck in this mode! Please help me i beg anyone and i have hekate running on it as well just kind of stuck now because of this kiosk bullcrap!

Marcell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello folks, I have a newbie question regarding the stability of Atmosphere. As I am the only one I know who has softmodded the Switch, I have no idea if the symptoms I am experiencing are "normal" or if there is something wrong with my setup. Please advise!

My setup:
So I have a 1st gen Switch (not Mariko). I have an EMUMMC set up on my SD card, which I created using Hekate. I am booting the EMUMMC directly by injecting fusee-primary using TegraRCMGUI. When the Switch boots into Atmosphere (MMC) the HOS version reported under the system preferences is "11.0.1|AMS M.18.0|E". I have some Atmosphere sigpatches installed onto my SD card so that I can run, ummm, game backups I took on my other Switch. I do not have anything chain loaded.
The games I restored from my trusty backups work fine. I have Internet disabled using 90DNS because I am paranoid.

And now, the questions:
How stable is this setup supposed to be? Because I am experiencing some stability issues. I noticed that if I start the Homebrew Browser using shoulder+Album, it starts up alright. But once I exit it, play some game and try to enter HBMenu again, it quite often crashes with an Atmosphere BSOD. I can reboot into CFW by Vol+Power.

Also, if I run some homebrew, then go back to the Home Screen and try entering the System Settings, it loads into a mostly white screen: the screen has a bottom bar with a switch icon and an OK on the right side but the rest of the screen is just white. I cannot exit it no matter what I try:
  • short home button has no effect
  • pushing A or touching A on screen has no effect
  • long power button and still works but sleep / power off / restart do not do anything
  • long home button brings up the quick settings menu, but sleep doesn't work
To resolve this situation I have to turn off the console completely by holding its power button for 20 secs. Occasionally, trying to put the Switch to sleep in this situation (using the long-power-button-menu) crashes it to the Atmosphere crash screen which is nice because I don't need to dig up my jig and USB-C cables to boot it up again.

Is this sort of system instability normal? Do you guys also have issues entering the System Preferences after visiting the HBMenu?

Edit: Uploaded a photo of my System Settings screen when I try to access it after visiting HBMenu. Also added more clarification to the behaviour during System Settings.
Edit 2: Uploaded a photo of the black screen of death

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpeg
    IMG_0243.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    617.3 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by Marcell,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello folks, I have a newbie question regarding the stability of Atmosphere. As I am the only one I know who has softmodded the Switch, I have no idea if the symptoms I am experiencing are "normal" or if there is something wrong with my setup. Please advise!

My setup:
So I have a 1st gen Switch (not Mariko). I have an EMUMMC set up on my SD card, which I created using Hekate. I am booting the EMUMMC directly by injecting fusee-primary using TegraRCMGUI. When the Switch boots into Atmosphere (MMC) the HOS version reported under the system preferences is "11.0.1|AMS M.18.0|E". I have some Atmosphere sigpatches installed onto my SD card so that I can run, ummm, game backups I took on my other Switch. I do not have anything chain loaded.
The games I restored from my trusty backups work fine. I have Internet disabled using 90DNS because I am paranoid.

And now, the questions:
How stable is this setup supposed to be? Because I am experiencing some stability issues. I noticed that if I start the Homebrew Browser using shoulder+Album, it starts up alright. But once I exit it, play some game and try to enter HBB again, it quite often crashes with an Atmosphere BSOD. I can reboot into CFW by Vol+Power.

Also, if I run some homebrew, then go back to the Home Screen and try entering the System Settings, it loads into a mostly white screen: It says "System Settings" on top, it has Back and OK buttons in the bottom button bar (not working), but the middle of the screen stays blank white. I cannot exit it no matter what I try, home button has no effect. Long power button still works but sleep / power off / restart do not do anything and to resolve this situation I have to turn off the console completely by holding its power button for 20 secs. Occasionally, trying to put the Switch to sleep in this situation (using the long-power-button-menu) crashes it to the Atmosphere crash screen which is nice because I don't need to dig up my jig and USB-C cables to boot it up again.

Is this sort of system instability normal? Do you guys also have issues entering the System Preferences after visiting the HBB?
For starters, a bit more detail on your error would be helpful. For example, there is no "Atmosphere BSOD". Whenever Atmosphere crashes, there is always an error code and associated program ID that can pinpoint the cause. Secondly, how is your SD card formatted?

Flare-be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know where you got the information to do that but the method I used simply involved the "Migrate emuMMC" option in Hekate.
When I go there I don't see any clickable option (before and after adding the file I mentioned)... I guess this only works when you have the emunand installed on your SD card?

Marcell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
For starters, a bit more detail on your error would be helpful. For example, there is no "Atmosphere BSOD". Whenever Atmosphere crashes, there is always an error code and associated program ID that can pinpoint the cause. Secondly, how is your SD card formatted?
Sorry for not providing all the data in my initial post, I updated it with a screenshot of the Atmosphere error.

SD Card is branded (Sandisk) and is formatted to FAT32.
Error Code is 2162-0002 (0x4a2)

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
So I updated to the latest firmware (11.0.1) and latest Hakate (5.5.4) and Atmosphere (0.18.1). When launching from CFW emummc I get an error: failed to identify kernel/ failed to launch HOS/ and it doesn't work. On the other hand if I launch from Payloads - fusee_primary.bin it successfully launches Atmosphere and everything is fine - my old games work, new games work, everything is fine. I just wonder why the emummc doesn't work for me like before.

Kluiv3rt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I updated to the latest firmware (11.0.1) and latest Hakate (5.5.4) and Atmosphere (0.18.1). When launching from CFW emummc I get an error: failed to identify kernel/ failed to launch HOS/ and it doesn't work. On the other hand if I launch from Payloads - fusee_primary.bin it successfully launches Atmosphere and everything is fine - my old games work, new games work, everything is fine. I just wonder why the emummc doesn't work for me like before.

Emummc was with Old OFW/CFW done. Smply can you make new one when on fusee everything ist fine?

My question is: How you install new games?
I have with that problem, which app, version?

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Emummc was with Old OFW/CFW done. Smply can you make new one when on fusee everything ist fine?

My question is: How you install new games?
I have with that problem, which app, version?

I use the latest Tinfoil + Nut 2.7 via USB to install games. Had a problem with Nut 3.1, but with 2.7 everything is fine.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I go there I don't see any clickable option (before and after adding the file I mentioned)... I guess this only works when you have the emunand installed on your SD card?
But didn't you mention you had emuMMC installed as a partition already on your SD card? Unless the current SD card you are trying does not have emuMMC on it?

Sorry for not providing all the data in my initial post, I updated it with a screenshot of the Atmosphere error.

SD Card is branded (Sandisk) and is formatted to FAT32.
Error Code is 2162-0002 (0x4a2)
As I said before, the program ID is also important which is luckily included in your screenshots. The program ID mentioned is qLaunch and that is usually associated with themes since themes are modifications of qLaunch. Do you use themes?

How did you update your files?

Mariyan11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
But didn't you mention you had emuMMC installed as a partition already on your SD card? Unless the current SD card you are trying does not have emuMMC on it?

As I said before, the program ID is also important which is luckily included in your screenshots. The program ID mentioned is qLaunch and that is usually associated with themes since themes are modifications of qLaunch. Do you use themes?

How did you update your files?

Firmware via Daybreak and Hekate + Atmosphere copy/paste to sd card and overwriting.

Marcell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Excellent question, I don't know. If I am using themes anywhere, it's not intentional. The only reason themes may be coming into play is because when I first set up my SD card used the DeepSea CFW package which came with a lot of bling all over the place. When I ran into stability problems, I wanted to rule out all the fluff and that's when I stopped using Hekate (which would have launched all sort of background apps through the chain loader) and started launching atmosphere with fusee-primary instead.
My SD card still contains all those DeepSea files, including themes, I suppose. Do you think it's possible that there is some leftover from it which is still executed even though I am using fusee-primary as a payload?

Flare-be

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I might not have explained it well - I have an emunand installed through SX OS directly on a hidden partition of the hard drive of my Nintendo switch. After creating a file on my SD card that points to the emuMMC it seems to show in Atmosphere but I do still not see any option to migrate. Not sure if it is necessary?

DavidinCT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Joy-Con rail to be more precise. Although I have some seen other setups of people using a reed Switch to manually enter RCM which may be easier to setup.

Anyone got some solder points ? I do have a few reed switches, might we worth doing/trying.

I don't want to damage my joycon...

Ok thx. Then now the best way ist through LAN/Wi-Fi yes? Have you any guide to do that? Im noob‍♂️

When you run the java app... open the folder with your games, select Tinfoil mode, and it will ask the IP of your switch, type it in and it will list the games...

Last edited by DavidinCT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh