Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

SamuraiPizzaCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I am wondering if I have an old nand back up can I change it to an emunand on my SD card with out it effecting my sysnand. I had updated to 11.01 and I want to downgrade my emunand without it effecting my sysnand with an old nand back up. I tried looking around but haven't gotten a clear answer. I may just be overlooking something as well. So i can stay on old firmware with emunand and keep sysnand up to date. Also if it is possible what is the safest update i can go to. Old nand back up is on 9.2 if I remember correctly. Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I helped a friend setting up a emuMMC Atmosphere on his Switch just like I did because he's interested in dumping his games and savegames for Yuzu but we ran into a weird problem. Atmosphere loads up no problem with sig-patches and everything, we want to install the Homebrew Menu .nsp via Tinleaf but no matter if we do a USB or SD install, Tinleaf always says Install Succeeded but the HBL icon never shows up in his home menu. Are there any other legal .nsps we can try/install or what's going on here?
Is this the .NSP file you were trying to install? Do not mix up the homebrew menu .NSP file with the homebrew launcher .NSP file; those two .NSP files operate completely differently in that you can install the homebrew menu .NSP file but not the homebrew launcher .NSP file

Hello. I am wondering if I have an old nand back up can I change it to an emunand on my SD card with out it effecting my sysnand. I had updated to 11.01 and I want to downgrade my emunand without it effecting my sysnand with an old nand back up. I tried looking around but haven't gotten a clear answer. I may just be overlooking something as well. So i can stay on old firmware with emunand and keep sysnand up to date. Also if it is possible what is the safest update i can go to. Old nand back up is on 9.2 if I remember correctly. Thanks.
I don't know if you can downgrade emuMMC with an eMMC backup but you can just normally downgrade emuMMC with any firmware installer such as ChoiDujourNX or Daybreak. Although I do not understand why you wish to downgrade your emuMMC on 11.0.1 unless you wish to use SX OS which may not be the best idea as TX may not continue offering support for their CFW.

Hello. Do i need an unpatched switch if i use SX OS or i can buy any switch and use SX OS? thanks!
The CFW SX OS is supported by all consoles. However not all consoles support the same exploits to load the CFW. Unpatched consoles have a wide variety of options such as Fusee Gelee, Pegascape/Deja Vu, dongles, trinkets, and SX Core. However, patched units cannot be hacked with Fusee Gelee, Pegascape/Deja Vu, dongles, nor trinkets because they patched out the exploit used by all those methods. The only way to hack patched devices is with the SX Core which requires soldering.

xzouze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i right in that one cannot find the SX anymore since TX has been shutdown? i looked online , nothing...or there are sites i can send it to and they install it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fell victim to corrupted data on my sd card does the emu partition get corrupted too ? Didn’t back up my game saves :(
No, corruption only affects the partition that it occurred in. It is technically possible to corrupt your partition but that is very difficult to achieve so your saves will be fine for both sysMMC and emuMMC.

Reactions: Teletron1

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is this the .NSP file you were trying to install? Do not mix up the homebrew menu .NSP file with the homebrew launcher .NSP file; those two .NSP files operate completely differently in that you can install the homebrew menu .NSP file but not the homebrew launcher .NSP file

Whoops that explains it, thanks! :P

Reactions: Draxzelex

jkirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Guys, I am trying to get a particular NSP backup running (I don't know if I can say the name). However every time I try to install it says
"an error occurred attempting to install the NSP:
error 2002-4517(0x234A02)
Module Files System(2)
Description: Invalid NCA(might mean missing sigpatches or a too low firmware)(4517)

I attempted to install using NSUSBloader 5.0 and goldleaf 0.9. I am also up to date on my Firmware (11.0.1 and atm 18.1) I am not having sigpatch issues with any other software and I think I have the latest ones installed. Any help would be appreciated

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been awhile since I messed with my hacked switch and tried to update it but not up on all the latest and greatest. When I try to launch Tinfoil it will not start. I had last updated back in July, I believe, when I created an emunand.

What I have done
  1. moved all the latest atmosphere, hekate, tinfoil, sigpatches to SD
  2. Used Daybreak to update emunand and I am at 11.0.1|AMS M.18.1|E
  3. Did not update OFW (I believe)
What have I missed, or messed up here?

Edit: one thing I realized I am still using fusee-primary.bin from awhile ago in Tegra to boot. Is that a problem?
Edit2: Deleted Tinfoil and reinstalled. That works now. Checked my downloads and did not find a fusee-primary.bin. In reading some posts sounds like I should be using a current one with Tegra. Is that correct? Also do I need to update OFW for any reason?

Thanks in advance for the help. I normally do a lot more reading and research when I get behind, but been really busy and the kids are on my back to get this updated for them. :)

Last edited by thorasgar,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been awhile since I messed with my hacked switch and tried to update it but not up on all the latest and greatest. When I try to launch Tinfoil it will not start. I had last updated back in July, I believe, when I created an emunand.

What I have done

Edit: one thing I realized I am still using fusee-primary.bin from awhile ago in Tegra to boot. Is that a problem?
Edit2: Deleted Tinfoil and reinstalled. That works now. Checked my downloads and did not find a fusee-primary.bin. In reading some posts sounds like I should be using a current one with Tegra. Is that correct? Also do I need to update OFW for any reason?

Thanks in advance for the help. I normally do a lot more reading and research when I get behind, but been really busy and the kids are on my back to get this updated for them. :)

are you chain loading fuse primary since you are using hekate

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you chain loading fuse primary since you are using hekate

I don’t think so, especially because throughout the years my needs have been simple so I never bothered to understand what chainloading did or why to use it.

Regarding Hekate, it is there becuase it always has been though I haven’t used it in a very long time and not even sure how I would launch it. (I forget things)

Last edited by thorasgar,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys, I am trying to get a particular NSP backup running (I don't know if I can say the name). However every time I try to install it says
"an error occurred attempting to install the NSP:
error 2002-4517(0x234A02)
Module Files System(2)
Description: Invalid NCA(might mean missing sigpatches or a too low firmware)(4517)

I attempted to install using NSUSBloader 5.0 and goldleaf 0.9. I am also up to date on my Firmware (11.0.1 and atm 18.1) I am not having sigpatch issues with any other software and I think I have the latest ones installed. Any help would be appreciated
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer so it is no surprise if you are having issues with it. I suggest using TinWoo Installer instead.

What I have done

Based on your initial post and edits, I'm trying to understand what exactly is your issue? If your CFW files are all up-to-date, then there should be no issues.

With regards to fusee_primary, I do not use as I prefer using Hekate to directly launch into Atmosphere but I believe it should be updated when you download the latest Atmosphere. As for your firmware, that should only ever be updated if you want to play newer games or go online.

Reactions: thorasgar

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was my question also , but you did it before ;). Be aware @th3joker that if you disable this option in Atmosphere config ini, your slot card reader will be updated. What is the current firmware of your sysnand ?
i think 8.1.0 and i only update the emunand. So maybe my cardreader fw is too low? I did have mario odyssey and let go evee carts that came with my used switch that i dumped myself fine

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goldleaf is arguably the worst title installer so it is no surprise if you are having issues with it. I suggest using TinWoo Installer instead.

Based on your initial post and edits, I'm trying to understand what exactly is your issue? If your CFW files are all up-to-date, then there should be no issues.

With regards to fusee_primary, I do not use as I prefer using Hekate to directly launch into Atmosphere but I believe it should be updated when you download the latest Atmosphere. As for your firmware, that should only ever be updated if you want to play newer games or go online.
Hey, Drax been a long time, thanks for responding. Are you a full fledged pharmacist yet?

I set up emunand last summer and haven’t touched the Switch since (personally) so do not have the experience updating emunand. Was handed the switch saying a new game would not start so know it was time to update, or so I thought, maybe just needed to update atmosphere etc. It seems to work for us at the moment (game installed and playing, kids off my back). This unit never goes online, just want to make sure I have it setup correctly and using the right payload to boot it from Tegra when it crashes or kids let the battery drain out. I take it the OFW can stay on an old version, and only update emunand as needed? I had always updated OFW with choirNX for the fuse thing.

jkirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Thanks Drax, I did also try to use tinfoil to install the NSP and it failed as well. I am in the process of getting a new NSP to see if it will work. I will update once I see if its not another issue

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Drax been a long time, thanks for responding. Are you a full fledged pharmacist yet?

I set up emunand last summer and haven’t touched the Switch since (personally) so do not have the experience updating emunand. Was handed the switch saying a new game would not start so know it was time to update, or so I thought, maybe just needed to update atmosphere etc. It seems to work for us at the moment (game installed and playing, kids off my back). This unit never goes online, just want to make sure I have it setup correctly and using the right payload to boot it from Tegra when it crashes or kids let the battery drain out. I take it the OFW can stay on an old version, and only update emunand as needed? I had always updated OFW with choirNX for the fuse thing.
Damn, has it really been that long since I graduated? Yeah, I've been working for over a year now even through this pandemic.

Based on your initially outlined steps and current situation, you seem to have followed the right procedure. As I stated earlier, you only need to update your firmware if there are newer games you want to play or you wish to go online. After all, emuMMC and sysMMC operate independently of one another. In fact, the original purpose of emuMMC was to be on a higher firmware version than sysMMC however everyone else decided to take it upon themselves to make emuMMC a homebrew shield. Either way, emuMMC's distinctive feature of being identical but separate from sysMMC has worked out to everyone's benefit.

Thanks Drax, I did also try to use tinfoil to install the NSP and it failed as well. I am in the process of getting a new NSP to see if it will work. I will update once I see if its not another issue
Do you also have the necessary patches to launch backups? If you do, remember that there are 2 sets of them that only work for a specific bootloader; namely either Hekate or fusee.

Reactions: jkirk and thorasgar

jkirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you also have the necessary patches to launch backups? If you do, remember that there are 2 sets of them that only work for a specific bootloader; namely either Hekate or fusee.

Yes I am using the Fusee sigpatches. All my other back-ups are working fine, its just this one in specific, that doesn't want to even install. I have tried to get the same NSP from various sources and none have worked. I am trying to get a different NSP back-up of another title now to see if its not another underlying issue.

Last edited by jkirk,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes I am using the Fusee sigpatches. All my other back-ups are working fine, its just this one in specific, that doesn't want to even install. I have tried to get the same NSP from various sources and none have worked. I am trying to get a different NSP back-up of another title now to see if its not another underlying issue.
Overlays, sysmodules cheat engine running ?
Clean install of Atmosphere ? (I mean do you have an old folder contents ? )

Last edited by Maupiti,

jkirk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Overlays, sysmodules cheat engine running ?
Clean install of Atmosphere ? (I mean do you have an old folder contents ? )
You lost me there, so I am going to go with no.... But it was an update of atmosphere, so I dont know If I have anything left over from my previous time.

Last edited by jkirk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea