Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I started using my Switch again after a long time and I can’t seem to boot into OFW or CFW. Here’s the timeline:

1. Put Switch into Airplane Mode. Made a NAND backup when Switch on on FW 5.1.0.

2. Used ReiNX for a while.

3. Needed to update FW to play newer games. Used ChoiDujourNX to update FW to a newer version (9.0) without burning fuses. This automatically enabled AutoRCM as part of its process. Installed atmosphere.

4. I must have booted without RCM at some point and burned fuses (oops!)

5. After a while I decided to test out Android using Switchroot on a different SD card. Played around with it for a while.

6. I put the CFW SD card back in but this wouldn't boot anymore. Only black screen.

7. I can still inject the Hekate payload. I'm advised to restore my NAND backup. This is successful.

8. Booting into OFW just gives me a blue screen (due to burned fuses I assume).

9. I try booting into Stock with Hekate using this guide: https://birbchirp.gitbook.io/switch...phere/optional-booting-atmosphere-with-hekate
But I get this error when launching: https://i.imgur.com/jziT72P.png

I try and boot into Atmosphere (risk of ban but I’m desperate) but get this error: https://i.imgur.com/OQhE0Jr.png

I’m using the latest version of Hekate (which confirms the fuses are burned: https://i.imgur.com/Vr1i65i.png )

I'm out of ideas and have no idea what the issue is so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
The error you get when launching pretty much explains the problem. If it asking you if Hekate or sept is updated then chances are they aren't. I also highly recommend following this guide instead.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I've been using 90DNS for some time now on my emuNAND, and I got no bans whatsoever, so I trust it. Yesterday I got an USB lan adapter and it is working on my Switch Dock (I tested on my "clean" sysNAND").

My noob question is: If I use 90DNS on the wired connection It will be as safe as for wifi networks?

(note that I am not using the dedicated router, all my settings are on the console itself)

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using 90DNS for some time now on my emuNAND, and I got no bans whatsoever, so I trust it. Yesterday I got an USB lan adapter and it is working on my Switch Dock (I tested on my "clean" sysNAND").

My noob question is: If I use 90DNS on the wired connection It will be as safe as for wifi networks?

(note that I am not using the dedicated router, all my settings are on the console itself)

You have to apply the DNS on the LAN (Wired Ethernet), same rules apply.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GerryTheLeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
The error you get when launching pretty much explains the problem. If it asking you if Hekate or sept is updated then chances are they aren't. I also highly recommend following this guide instead.
Thanks for the reply. I have been using the latest versions of Hekate and Atmosphere. I just did the same thing with the "SD card" folder in the guide you linked and I get the same error.

foreveryang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes although by the sound of it, it doesn't seem like you did much of anything from that guide so I don't fear there is anything to overwrite.
So looking at the guide I did everything there already so I don't get why the SD card is apparently corrupted? It should be accessible because that's where emuMMC stuff goes, right?

Edit: I followed the guide and I guess the only thing that changed is that the SD is now called Switch SD lol but I guess the other SD that shows up is not suppose to be tampered with

Last edited by foreveryang,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I have been using the latest versions of Hekate and Atmosphere. I just did the same thing with the "SD card" folder in the guide you linked and I get the same error.
How did you update Hekate and Atmosphere on your SD card?

So looking at the guide I did everything there already so I don't get why the SD card is apparently corrupted? It should be accessible because that's where emuMMC stuff goes, right?

I have emuMMC and it works as I am able to boot into Atmosphere...idk I'm just kind of dreading having to backup the SD card files again :sad:
Wait, if you already have an emuMMC, why are you partitioning your SD card then?

GerryTheLeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
How did you update Hekate and Atmosphere on your SD card?

I've completely formatted my SD card and copied over the latest files from both githubs. I've also foratted and used the files from sdsetup. Results are the same with both.

Maybe I should try and older version since the NAND backup I restored is only FW 5.1.0?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I had gotten CFW on Sysnand because the SD card keeps saying it needs to be formatted
Did you ever actually launch CFW though?

It was exFAT when the issue first happened (my NAND backup was one big file). Trying FAT32 formatted with Minitool Partition Wizard now and it's the same. It's a 400GB card.
Alright now I understand your issue after researching the error you posted and rereading your initial troubleshooting steps, particularly step 7. When you restored your backup, what exactly did you restore?

GerryTheLeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Alright now I understand your issue after researching the error you posted and rereading your initial troubleshooting steps, particularly step 7. When you restored your backup, what exactly did you restore?

I restored eMMC BOOT0 & BOOT1 and then eMMC RAW GPP according to this guide:

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

The issue is that I thought my fuses weren't burned but it turns out they were. I'm pretty sure the NAND backup is from 5.1.0 and the fuses are burned to 9.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw