Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

LeedleFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to know if there's been any progress on getting cfw on patched switches because I can't buy a mod chip and don't have the skill to sauder it on.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to know if there's been any progress on getting cfw on patched switches because I can't buy a mod chip and don't have the skill to sauder it on.
No, and doubtful will be anytime soon. Unless you're on 8.0.1 or lower firmware, installing a mod chip (SX) is the only option for patched and Lite units to run CFW.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I switched over to atmosphere. My Backups play just fine, but now no game cartridges will run! :(
It says that the game cart could not be read.

What else do I need to do I must have missed something.
If you read further back in this, and other threads, it mentions changing your settings file Ex: the nogc line. Read up on it, explains it all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've done that. I had this problem in 11 and 11.0.1 and on Atmosphere 18 and 17.
Can anyone run the latest update on flight mode? I want to know is it because of the flight mode or some sysmodule.
I have no problem running in "Airplane" mode...I'm on newest CFW 11.0.1, 18.0 AMS, Fusee-Primary, Erista. But if you mean to get an update while in "Airplane" mode, then no internet access= no updating it. You shouldn't be updating normal means tho if your switch is running CFW.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Al3Drk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no problem running in "Airplane" mode...I'm on newest CFW 11.0.1, 18.0 AMS, Fusee-Primary, Erista. But if you mean to get an update while in "Airplane" mode, then no internet access= no updating it. You shouldn't be updating normal means tho if your switch is running CFW.
Thank you for your reply. I couldn't play hades and turned out it was because of an issue with Mission Control homebrew app. Then I deleted it and I was able to play the game. Then I deleted the game and after some time reinstalled it with the updates on latest version of Atmosphere and firmware which is ATM 18 and firmware 11.0.1. Now I can't launch it again. I read somewhere It could be due to Airplane mode. I'm really confused. And this is the only game I've problem with.

Bigobionic

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got a patched Nintendo Switch and the price on the modchip in my country is on the roof. Should a buy it anyway, i know that there's no support for the modchip, but it's still worth it?

LeedleFace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, and doubtful will be anytime soon. Unless you're on 8.0.1 or lower firmware, installing a mod chip (SX) is the only option for patched and Lite units to run CFW.
That's really sad. They probably made the mod chip then decided to leave it there. Unless there's just no way around it. Hombrew should be free tho.

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woo! So I finally got a Nintendo Switch and it passed the fusee payload test using the screwdriver method to get me into my RCM. Anyway, I have all of the setup files I need to get Atmosphere CFW running, but I'm just concerned about what I can do after that. Right now, I'm out to get myself a sizeable SD card while I research stuff, I definitely plan running backups on it as well as homebrew, but someone was telling me there was something like the FreeShop that the 3DS had. As I recall, that used a ticket system to legitimately pull them from Nintendo's servers to install them as proper titles. CIA files were more common for proper backups then.
What I'm looking for is a similar method, except for the Switch. In this case, once I catch on, I'll be paying closer attention here at GBATemp for updates. A must is, after installing my backups, I'd still like to play with my friends who also have the same game(s). Could someone draw the line on what a bannable offense would be? PM me if you have some secret deets I can use lol. I'd really appreciate any help anyone could offer me to get me up to speed.

Vage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I got a patched Nintendo Switch and the price on the modchip in my country is on the roof. Should a buy it anyway, i know that there's no support for the modchip, but it's still worth it?
This is the only way to custom your switch. Another choise is to buy a version 1 unpatched console.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a Switch which doesn't start after crashing. Switch is from 2017 and I use latest SX OS 3.1.0 on it. I use NS Athmosphere Payload Injector with Jig. The Switch crashed while i was online in stealth mode and watching a ".ts" (.m3u) video through latest pplay.
The live stream suddenly stopped and the switch crashed showing this by an info table and I agreed restart. The display went and stayed dark. I tried to start the switch through procedure pressing + and start button while the NS Athmosphere Paylod injector was pluged in, on and the jig in controller position. But nothing is happening. Screen remains dark.

Any hints? Solution?

Edit: I found solution. By pressing the on/off button for about 15seconds the switch rebootet.

Btw, sadly I have no access to windows nor to android. I moved to linux mint but have no clue how to start the NS Athmopshere on linux?
You cannot boot CFW from Linux and vice-versa. You have to boot directly into either CFW or Linux.
That's really sad. They probably made the mod chip then decided to leave it there. Unless there's just no way around it. Hombrew should be free tho.
Well you should have invested into getting an unpatched Switch instead because it was stated multiple times that any unpatched consoles would not see any softmods anytime soon if ever.

Woo! So I finally got a Nintendo Switch and it passed the fusee payload test using the screwdriver method to get me into my RCM. Anyway, I have all of the setup files I need to get Atmosphere CFW running, but I'm just concerned about what I can do after that. Right now, I'm out to get myself a sizeable SD card while I research stuff, I definitely plan running backups on it as well as homebrew, but someone was telling me there was something like the FreeShop that the 3DS had. As I recall, that used a ticket system to legitimately pull them from Nintendo's servers to install them as proper titles. CIA files were more common for proper backups then.
What I'm looking for is a similar method, except for the Switch. In this case, once I catch on, I'll be paying closer attention here at GBATemp for updates. A must is, after installing my backups, I'd still like to play with my friends who also have the same game(s). Could someone draw the line on what a bannable offense would be? PM me if you have some secret deets I can use lol. I'd really appreciate any help anyone could offer me to get me up to speed.
There is nothing like that on the Switch. The only thing remotely close was CDNSP but that was a PC tool and that has been dead for a long time now. Also, there is no line on what is or isn't a "bannable offense". Consider yourself at risk for being banned the moment you hack your console. This is just like the 3DS where the reasons for bans widely vary.

Reactions: BigOnYa

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a bit of trouble. I hadnt used my switch since Mario All Stars, and everything was fine then. I have since updated my atmosphere, Sys and Emu and am using the latest sig patches, but now some of my games won't work, but some will. I was also still using Goldleaf/tree, and those don't work anymore either. I was trying to install an NSP via USB and I cant seem to do it, and then ran into all of those errors in the process. I haven't really been keeping up to date since I didnt really need to. Anyone have any idea where my problem may be? Anyway to fix the games that once worked but now tell me SD card data is corrupt? Thanks in advance.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having a bit of trouble. I hadnt used my switch since Mario All Stars, and everything was fine then. I have since updated my atmosphere, Sys and Emu and am using the latest sig patches, but now some of my games won't work, but some will. I was also still using Goldleaf/tree, and those don't work anymore either. I was trying to install an NSP via USB and I cant seem to do it, and then ran into all of those errors in the process. I haven't really been keeping up to date since I didnt really need to. Anyone have any idea where my problem may be? Anyway to fix the games that once worked but now tell me SD card data is corrupt? Thanks in advance.
Try booting "Fusee-primary" from hekate menu "Payloads", n try Goldleaf 0.9 dev -https://mega.nz/file/gUtwiKJA#xmUS0HG8a9qV40aKqomWhbZqqSGCSL9L57Z2NAs6HTw

Last edited by BigOnYa,

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a convenient way to transfer save files from one CFW machine (docked) to another CFW machine (lite)? Preferably in the cloud?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a convenient way to transfer save files from one CFW machine (docked) to another CFW machine (lite)? Preferably in the cloud?
The most convenient would either be using the Cloud or the local save data transfer. However using the Cloud method presents a ban risk since that involves bringing a hacked console online.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No! In the cloud? Are you serious? You can't access the cloud stuff from Nintendont on CFW, or shouldn't...You can use a homebrew app like Checkpoint to backup all your saves to a sd card, then copy to other sd card, (simple copy paste windows) then use Checkpoint to re-install those save files...

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: LuigiXL

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
No! In the cloud? Are you serious? You can't access the cloud stuff from Nintendont...You can use a homebrew app like Checkpoint to backup all your saves to a sd card, then copy to other sd card, (simple copy paste windows) then use Checkpoint to re-install those save files...

Apologies, I meant cloud as in homebrew with something like Gdrive, I know the SX save manager did that but it is not compatible with Atmosphere as far as i can tell.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies, I meant cloud as in homebrew with something like Gdrive, I know the SX save manager did that but it is not compatible with Atmosphere as far as i can tell.
49f1a62226d1b69d58fb3b23c03f3593.jpg

I don't think I need to explain but in case,,,, Backup your save with the Checkpoint homebrew app, take your save and send to your buddy, have him use Checkpoint too, and install your save file, Have fun!

Reactions: LuigiXL

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try booting "Fusee-primary" from hekate menu "Payloads", n try Goldleaf 0.9 dev -https://mega.nz/file/gUtwiKJA#xmUS0HG8a9qV40aKqomWhbZqqSGCSL9L57Z2NAs6HTw
So Fusee Primary was my problem with the games that wouldn't boot, but when I load Goldtree it hangs when I click on USB. I assume the older versions, and the NSP version I was using don't work anymore because they aren't compatible with my current firmware/atmosphere.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Fusee Primary was my problem with the games that wouldn't boot, but when I load Goldtree it hangs when I click on USB. I assume the older versions, and the NSP version I was using don't work anymore because they aren't compatible with my current firmware/atmosphere.
Get newest NS-USBloader from here in try w Goldleaf. Glad your getting it working, don't give up, almost there.
https://www.sdsetup.com/

Last edited by BigOnYa,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
almost. So Now I can get to the point where it sees the NSP and the PC, but when I try to install it I'm met with " error 2356-0009 Invalid PFSO (NSP) (9)
right click on the NSP file then goto properties, uncheck read only mode, click on apply, then retry Goldleaf

Last edited by BigOnYa,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche