Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just notifying you that my Switch successfully down(up)graded.
In the final step, it says to:

1. In Hekate, navigate to Tools > Archive bit - AutoRCM > Unset archive bit

2. Return to the main menu, then select ‘Launch > FS_XXX-exfat_nocmac_nogc’ where XXX is the firmware version you downgraded to.

3. Make sure your system successfully boots
However, when I boot it through exfat_nocmac_nogc, it does not boot. When I traditionally boot to Atmosphere, it boots fine.
You don't need that kip file to launch the CFW. Its an artifact from the old days when most CFW didn't bundle the nocmac patch. As long as you use the right patches with your bootloader (fusee vs. fsso) or just use ReiNX, that kip file is unnecessary.

Xeighter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't need that kip file to launch the CFW. Its an artifact from the old days when most CFW didn't bundle the nocmac patch. As long as you use the right patches with your bootloader (fusee vs. fsso) or just use ReiNX, that kip file is unnecessary.

Thanks for clarifying.

I can now launch my switch through pushing hekate payload with TegraRCM

However, I am still unable to manually launch my switch with a jig and dongle for some reason and it will also not normally boot. Is there an option I accidentally disabled or something?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for clarifying.

I can now launch my switch through pushing hekate payload with TegraRCM

However, I am still unable to manually launch my switch with a jig and dongle for some reason and it will also not normally boot. Is there an option I accidentally disabled or something?
ChoiDujour, much like ChoiDujourNX, enables AutoRCM so the console will not normally boot. As for why your dongle is not working, that could be due to any number of issues such as the payload not being updated, there is no battery, the dongle is dying, etc.

Xeighter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ChoiDujour, much like ChoiDujourNX, enables AutoRCM so the console will not normally boot. As for why your dongle is not working, that could be due to any number of issues such as the payload not being updated, there is no battery, the dongle is dying, etc.

My next steps will be:
1. Back-up my device now that I have a functioning version
2. Disable AutoRCM (it is currently enabled on Hekate, so I just need to simply disable it, correct?)
3. Use ChoiDuJour to upgrade my Firmware to 10.0.4
4. Charge my dongle (I don't think I have ever charged it in recent memory)

Have I missed anything?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My next steps will be:
1. Back-up my device now that I have a functioning version
2. Disable AutoRCM (it is currently enabled on Hekate, so I just need to simply disable it, correct?)
3. Use ChoiDuJour to upgrade my Firmware to 10.0.4
4. Charge my dongle (I don't think I have ever charged it in recent memory)

Have I missed anything?
I don't see why you feel the need to disable AutoRCM as it is more useful to keep and use than to not have at all. Also, as I explained earlier ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.2.

Xeighter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't see why you feel the need to disable AutoRCM as it is more useful to keep and use than to not have at all. Also, as I explained earlier ChoiDujour only supports up to firmware 6.2.

I am so sorry. I meant ChoiDuJourNX as I can now update my switch's firmware through the switch.

AshenWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So, I am installing new batch of games on my Switch(FW 10.0.4) running AMS(v0.13.0) using quark.jar (v0.3.0). I've successfully installed all my other nsps except pokemon sword. Normally, installing shows 3 prompts on your switch. PSword only shows 2 and just do nothing after. Been facing this issue on Pokemon Sword NSPs from at least 5 other sources... *sigh. Thanks in advance.

PerksofLilies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
hello all! i've just recently got atmosphere working, and i have multiple questions,

1) does checkpoint have access to both sysnand save files and the ones on emummc, or just the latter? (it being my assumption those also got copied when my sysnand got "cloned" and thats why they show up)

2) on the same vein, does that mean i dont hve to back up those saves before deleting?

Daroxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello folks. I seem to be too dumb to get all this stuff working properly. I have atmosphere running and my system is on 10.0.4. Installed newest sigpatches and now trying to install breath of the wild. In goldleaf I'm getting the error message 2002-4518 (incorrect NCA (missing sigpatches or too low firmware). Then I found out about tinfoil. Downloaded newest version but when I try to open it the screen goes black for a second and I'm back in the album. When I try to install the nsp of tinfoil I'm receiving the same error as for botw. What am I missing? I already installed Link's awakening and it worked like a charm.

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello folks. I seem to be too dumb to get all this stuff working properly. I have atmosphere running and my system is on 10.0.4. Installed newest sigpatches and now trying to install breath of the wild. In goldleaf I'm getting the error message 2002-4518 (incorrect NCA (missing sigpatches or too low firmware). Then I found out about tinfoil. Downloaded newest version but when I try to open it the screen goes black for a second and I'm back in the album. When I try to install the nsp of tinfoil I'm receiving the same error as for botw. What am I missing? I already installed Link's awakening and it worked like a charm.
Are you launching into Atmosphere through Hekate's launch option?
Or you're booting into it with fusee-primary.bin payload?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello all! i've just recently got atmosphere working, and i have multiple questions,

1) does checkpoint have access to both sysnand save files and the ones on emummc, or just the latter? (it being my assumption those also got copied when my sysnand got "cloned" and thats why they show up)

2) on the same vein, does that mean i dont hve to back up those saves before deleting?
  1. Checkpoint only has access to whatever system it is currently booted in whether its sysMMC or emuMMC
  2. If you don't want to ever restore those saves, you don't have to back them up
I recommend using Awoo Installer.

Reactions: PerksofLilies

djCapi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OFW and CFW are just modes. You basically choose if you want to boot CFW or OFW before you turn on the console. And in order to boot CFW, you have to use the fusee gelee exploit.

Again, OFW and CFW are just modes. You can boot CFW and OFW on both sysMMC and emuMMC since CFW and OFW are just modes.

There is not much difference however you can now use Hekate to make the emuMMC instead of SX OS.

Thanks for the response! So if I'm understanding you correctly (I'm new to all this), I can boot up OFW, update games, buy eshop stuff etc. and when I want to use CFW, I just shut down, boot up and choose CFW to play around with?

n0fx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guys,

I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I managed to backup my NAND, create an EmuNAND with Hekate, and boot via Hekate and Atmosphere. When I try to load up the homebrew app with the gallery + R, it doesn't do anything. I also tried going via loading a game (I am setsuna) by holding R and loading but both methods don't work. When I go via the game method, it crashes and gives me an error message.

I have a old school switch with FW 2.0.0 and my EMUNAND is 2.0.0 + Atmosphere 0.13.0. I'm using rcmloader to load my payloads. I'm using atmosphere-0.13.0-master-32951329+hbl-2.3.3+hbmenu-3.3.0.zip and also tried the sigpatches added to the SD card but it still doesn't work. (same issue)

Am I missing something here? I want to upgrade my EmuNAND from 2.0.0 to 10.0.4, so that I can play newer stuff. I can't load hbmenu, so I can't use choidojournx to upgrade the EmuNAND to 10.0.4.

rich6619

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys this is an Android question. I've tried searching for an answer on this with no luck. Currently I have my switch setup with cfw Atmosphere (emummc), stock (sysnand) using Hekate 5.2.1 on a 512gb micro sd. I have 64gb of unallocated space on the card. Is there a way I can create the android partition out of this and then flash the image to it without having to completely format the whole sd card and lose everything else ?

Daroxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Are you launching into Atmosphere through Hekate's launch option?
Or you're booting into it with fusee-primary.bin payload?

I use TegraRcmGUI and load hekate_ctcaer 5.3.0.bin and then start atmosphere via launch>emuEMM (cfw). Dunno what this fusee.primary.bin payload is? (like I said I'm absolutely new to all this and it is overwehlming with all the stuff involved in this).

1. Checkpoint only has access to whatever system it is currently booted in whether its sysMMC or emuMMC
  2. If you don't want to ever restore those saves, you don't have to back them up
I recommend using Awoo Installer.

In the end this was what I needed. Used Awoo and it worked. Thanks.

Another thing now though. On my Home Menu there is now a problem. I have tried to install tinfoil earlier (as mentioned) and now there is like an installed game but with no icon except for a loading symbol. Can't use it and when I click + nothing happens and it can't be uninstalled. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this?

syfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have to ask how stable is sx os 3.0.3???? Is 3.0.3 bata better than the most stable Firmware 9.2.0 that is listed on their website? Also does sx os 3.0.3 have any issue ArgonNX and sx-autoloader? Why does your home page say the latest stable is Firmware 9.2.0 but in the forms you are saying "SX OS v2.5.3 Stable Announcement" So I am bit confused in which one is stable. 3.0.3, or 2.5.3 or 9.2.0 ?????? My switch is in original firmware 7.0 and I want to use the most stable sx os and I want to use ArgonNX and sx-autoloader. I don’t have costume firmware installed yet I need advice form some who use sx os. HELP
I have V1 switch and its unpached.

legoinventeor

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Right now I´ve got 2 switches. A switch lite with no homebrew and an RCM exploitable one. The only game I´ve really played on the switch is ACNH, I've been thinking of transferring my game back to the switch lite along my account to delete it off the og switch, but I want to keep AC on it too with the save data. Can I make a cartridge and save data backup to keep on the og switch safely while adding my real account and game on the switch lite?
Thanks in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response! So if I'm understanding you correctly (I'm new to all this), I can boot up OFW, update games, buy eshop stuff etc. and when I want to use CFW, I just shut down, boot up and choose CFW to play around with?
Not necessarily. While you can boot OFW and CFW at your own whim, its not safe to simply boot OFW after using CFW. The reason being that traces of CFW persist after a shutdown/reboot. The only safe way to go online is by never using CFW or homebrew which can accomplished by either never running hacks or restoring a clean NAND backup made before running them.

Guys,

I was wondering if you guys can help me out. I managed to backup my NAND, create an EmuNAND with Hekate, and boot via Hekate and Atmosphere. When I try to load up the homebrew app with the gallery + R, it doesn't do anything. I also tried going via loading a game (I am setsuna) by holding R and loading but both methods don't work. When I go via the game method, it crashes and gives me an error message.

I have a old school switch with FW 2.0.0 and my EMUNAND is 2.0.0 + Atmosphere 0.13.0. I'm using rcmloader to load my payloads. I'm using atmosphere-0.13.0-master-32951329+hbl-2.3.3+hbmenu-3.3.0.zip and also tried the sigpatches added to the SD card but it still doesn't work. (same issue)

Am I missing something here? I want to upgrade my EmuNAND from 2.0.0 to 10.0.4, so that I can play newer stuff. I can't load hbmenu, so I can't use choidojournx to upgrade the EmuNAND to 10.0.4.
The homebrew menu opens up by default when you select the Album. In other words, do not press anything on the Album.

Hey guys this is an Android question. I've tried searching for an answer on this with no luck. Currently I have my switch setup with cfw Atmosphere (emummc), stock (sysnand) using Hekate 5.2.1 on a 512gb micro sd. I have 64gb of unallocated space on the card. Is there a way I can create the android partition out of this and then flash the image to it without having to completely format the whole sd card and lose everything else ?
Have you tried using Hekate to create an Android partition?

In the end this was what I needed. Used Awoo and it worked. Thanks.

Another thing now though. On my Home Menu there is now a problem. I have tried to install tinfoil earlier (as mentioned) and now there is like an installed game but with no icon except for a loading symbol. Can't use it and when I click + nothing happens and it can't be uninstalled. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this?
Try going into Data Management from System Settings to delete it.

Hi I have to ask how stable is sx os 3.0.3???? Is 3.0.3 bata better than the most stable Firmware 9.2.0 that is listed on their website? Also does sx os 3.0.3 have any issue ArgonNX and sx-autoloader? Why does your home page say the latest stable is Firmware 9.2.0 but in the forms you are saying "SX OS v2.5.3 Stable Announcement" So I am bit confused in which one is stable. 3.0.3, or 2.5.3 or 9.2.0 ?????? My switch is in original firmware 7.0 and I want to use the most stable sx os and I want to use ArgonNX and sx-autoloader. I don’t have costume firmware installed yet I need advice form some who use sx os. HELP
I have V1 switch and its unpached.
TX are not very confident in their software so they label their "unstable" releases as betas. This way, if people report any major bugs or issues, they can just safely say it was a beta without any actual repercussion. Personally, the latest beta is pretty stable but the free CFW are even more stable such as Atmosphere or even ReiNX.

Reactions: Daroxx

CassioAug

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use TegraRcmGUI and load hekate_ctcaer 5.3.0.bin and then start atmosphere via launch>emuEMM (cfw). Dunno what this fusee.primary.bin payload is? (like I said I'm absolutely new to all this and it is overwehlming with all the stuff involved in this).
It's Atmosphere's paylaod.
Download the latest version of fusee_primary.bin from: https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.13.0
Use TegraRcmGUI to send it to your Switch. You will boot directly into Atmosphere. Then, try to launch what you're having trouble with.
I'm pretty sure the sigpatches you downloaded and used are for fusee primary.
Ps.: Make sure emuMMC is activated in Hekate.

Last edited by CassioAug,
Reactions: Daroxx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup