Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

girlhappygaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If your switch is modded then yes. U just have to make sure, u do mod your switch, and your switch can be modded.
Thanks guys. Slightly separate question, I modded my switch using the Home-brew guide and now I'm trying to set up a emuMMC. Followed the exact setup in that guide but it's just hitting a blank screen after the nintendo logo? Any ideas?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was a minor update. Atmosphere works just fine on 10.0.4.
Does Hekate also work fine on the latest update?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys. Slightly separate question, I modded my switch using the Home-brew guide and now I'm trying to set up a emuMMC. Followed the exact setup in that guide but it's just hitting a blank screen after the nintendo logo? Any ideas?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does Hekate also work fine on the latest update?
The latest version of Hekate works with 10.0.4, yes. However, booting the system using fusee-primary is recommended instead.

As for your setup, is your SD formatted as FAT32, or is it formatted as exFAT?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

girlhappygaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For now, you should be focusing on getting your emuMMC working. Once you've taken care of that, you can switch to Atmosphere and fusee-primary.

I recommend this guide for creating an emuMMC: https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/

Why is it you want to create an emuMMC in the first place?

I'm just wanting to be extra safe and avoid getting banned online. Do you think I'll be fine just launching through the normal CFW - sysMMC?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just wanting to be extra safe and avoid getting banned online. Do you think I'll be fine just launching through the normal CFW - sysMMC?
If you don't play games online, you don't need an emuMMC. If you do play legitimately purchased games online, then you're going to want to do that with a clean eMMC while using a dirty emuMMC for all offline hackery.

girlhappygaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't play games online, you don't need an emuMMC. If you do play legitimately purchased games online, then you're going to want to do that with a clean eMMC while using a dirty emuMMC for all offline hackery.
I'm probably not going to look into doing anything online for a while, so am I alright in normal sysMMC for now - and then if I wanted to start online stuff I could go through that process later? Or am I at risk of being banned in general?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm probably not going to look into doing anything online for a while, so am I alright in normal sysMMC for now - and then if I wanted to start online stuff I could go through that process later? Or am I at risk of being banned in general?
Do you have a clean eMMC backup? Is your eMMC clean right now?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My eMMC (mine says sysMMC so I'm guessing that's the same) is completely clean now yes :)
Create a clean eMMC backup now if you haven't already done so using Hekate. Store it somewhere safe. If you decide later you want to play legitimately purchased Switch games online, you can copy your eMMC to an emuMMC, and you can restore the clean backup to your eMMC.

In the meantime, you should keep your Switch from being banned by installing Incognito or 90DNS (or by using the Incognito function in Atmosphere) after making your eMMC backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY