Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't updating after the fact blow the fuses? And if you meant using choidujornx, then does Nintendo not check fuses when you log in and stuff?
Depends on how you update. If you update normally without using AutoRCM or CFW, then yes you will burn fuses. And so far, no one has been banned for only having a mismatched fuse count. That may change but it has not happened as of yet.

Reactions: 2tailedfox

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how you update. If you update normally without using AutoRCM or CFW, then yes you will burn fuses. And so far, no one has been banned for only having a mismatched fuse count. That may change but it has not happened as of yet.

What about using 'Link Account' by kronos2308 and xHR on the hb app store?
I was gonna try that except for the save game annoyance.

2tailedfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about using 'Link Account' by kronos2308 and xHR on the hb app store?
I was gonna try that except for the save game annoyance.

Actually, this worked! I backed up the saves first with checkpoint.

New question though, on my 3.0.0 OFW switch, is there a way to get my BOTW save file off of it without installing CFW and then put it on my main CFW switch?

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a noob question but a curious question you know in Hekate where you have those SD RAW 2 and SD RAW 3 can those actually be used for something else? SD RAW 1 I guess is my copied sysnand for cleanplay but the other 2 can those be used for something or those are just there for show.

EDIT: I never r used the fuse primary bin (does that have the option for dualboot but is that only in Hekate) I heard Kosmos disbaned and I thought that Kosmos was hekakte I normally use Hekate and never the fuse primary.bin

Last edited by Goku1992A,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, this worked! I backed up the saves first with checkpoint.

New question though, on my 3.0.0 OFW switch, is there a way to get my BOTW save file off of it without installing CFW and then put it on my main CFW switch?
Nope as even the native save data transfer feature requires you to be on the latest firmware.

Not really a noob question but a curious question you know in Hekate where you have those SD RAW 2 and SD RAW 3 can those actually be used for something else? SD RAW 1 I guess is my copied sysnand for cleanplay but the other 2 can those be used for something or those are just there for show.

EDIT: I never r used the fuse primary bin (does that have the option for dualboot but is that only in Hekate) I heard Kosmos disbaned and I thought that Kosmos was hekakte I normally use Hekate and never the fuse primary.bin
I believe those are for having multiple emuMMC or Android/Linux.

Reactions: 2tailedfox

Lukeeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1. The console not being patched refers to the exploit because it is a hardware exploit that can only be patched at the factory before it is manufactured. No firmware update can remove the exploit. Don't use the term "jailbreak" either
Ok i understand would you guys advice me to update my OFW before any homebrew? Or should i stay at 4.1.0 and then make from what i'm uderstanding emunand with higher FW version?

REED7715

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why can't you boot OFW?

1. The console not being patched refers to the exploit because it is a hardware exploit that can only be patched at the factory before it is manufactured. No firmware update can remove the exploit. Don't use the term "jailbreak" either
  2. NAND dumps are split into <4 GB chunks if the SD card is FAT32 or if there isn't enough space for the entire unsplit dump
  3. When you make the NAND backup doesn't make it any better for resolving a brick. Just have one around at all times and preferably stored in multiple places
  4. Brick code is rare. If not careful, certain homebrew applications can brick you. But 99% of bricks can be recovered from with a NAND backup
Kosmos is just a package of Atmosphere and homebrew. Anyway why would you want to delete it?
Because they stopped making it.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope as even the native save data transfer feature requires you to be on the latest firmware.

I believe those are for having multiple emuMMC or Android/Linux.

Very interesting I tried to attempt to do Android on another partisan and it wouldn't allow me to partian the HD seperately I wonder how that can be done

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok i understand would you guys advice me to update my OFW before any homebrew? Or should i stay at 4.1.0 and then make from what i'm uderstanding emunand with higher FW version?
The latter option.

Because they stopped making it.
SDSetup is a suitable, if not better, replacement.

Might seem obvious, but is it possiblele to transfer saved data to an unhacked switch?
https://en-americas-support.nintend...-save-data-to-a-nearby-nintendo-switch-system

Very interesting I tried to attempt to do Android on another partisan and it wouldn't allow me to partian the HD seperately I wonder how that can be done
You can do it all via the latest version of Hekate.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, I'm trying to install an specific .nsp file of a backup released this week, but I always gets the" 2356-0009 Key Generation mismatch (console's firmware is too low)" error. It only happens with this specific backup

I'm on OFW 10.0.2 and Atmosphere 0.12.0|E and I have all the sigpatches from this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-t...atches-to-use-on-switch-fw-10.563886/#patches

plus the ones from SD Setup.

Am I missing something?

k3lv1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
a noob question, are both "nand backup" and "ofw" equally the same thing? (note: not talking about the content). For instance, to downgrade from 10.0, is solely restoring 9.0 nand backup suffice or have to downgrade to ofw 9.0 first then followed by restoring 9.0 nand backup?

Tokiwa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
a noob question, are both "nand backup" and "ofw" equally the same thing? (note: not talking about the content). For instance, to downgrade from 10.0, is solely restoring 9.0 nand backup suffice or have to downgrade to ofw 9.0 first then followed by restoring 9.0 nand backup?

Just restoring the nand is enough.

Reactions: k3lv1n

HoldenCaulfield

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, would anyone help me with my problem with my switch? (CFW --> Hekate, Switch don't load Atmosphere anymore, still only in Hekate after I accidentally (because of the JoyCon drift) started the update of a game, although my switch is always in airplane mode. Now Hekate says in "More Configs" that there should be a file in the folder "bootloader/ini/", but the folder is empty. I'm new here, don't understand yet how all this works and I'm worried if I can put my switch into the electronic waste. I thank for any help!

chopaxepiece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sup guys,
Updated my atmospshere the other day to the lastest version. Only thing is all my games work except animal crossing. does anyone know any possibnle reason as to why it doesnt load? It hangs on the switch screen then says error loading then that's it. Game was working fine before that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone