Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Deleted the emuMMC folder, which let me boot into the CFW. What is keeping me from using the emuMMC though?

Hey y'all. I hope someone would be able to help me out. I'm getting a black screen now. My switch was previous on 8.0.1, and I was using Atmosphere + Kosmos (I don't remember the versions) from SDSetup. I went through a few things on SDSetup, and wanted to try using Atmosphere w/o Kosmos, because apparently there's some drama or something going on. Don't know. Completely out of the loop. Either way, I got some help from Birb on a discord channel, and he gave me his guide on how to boot Atmosphere + Hekate (here). Eventually got it to work following that guide, but I noticed I had a new UI with Hekate v5.2.1.

Touch screen, extra settings, a whole bunch of stuff I wasn't use to seeing. Normally I just boot right into the CFW and launch the HB menu if needed, but I decided to dig around in this new interface. I saw something about emuMMC being disabled, and I decided hey, why not enable it (I know, I know... I should research into shit first). Created some sort of backup or something there. Ok Cool. Not sure what that was about though. I already made a NAND backup from release, but ok.

Afterwards, I chose to just boot into Atmosphere CFW, and wanted to update my switch firmware to 9.2.0. I opened up the HB menu, ran ChoiDujourNX v1.02 (I probably should've looked for an updated version, my bad), and selected the 9.2.0 firmware to upgrade to. I select the normal 9.2.0, and not the exFAT version, as my SD card was formatted to FAT32, and I made sure to have AutoRCM on (This switch is not iPatched).

ChoiDujourNX did its thing, I hit reboot when it let me, and BAM! I get the "sept by Atmosphere" screen, the Atmosphere night sky screen, and the Atmosphere logo screen, and then just a blank screen.

Is there a way I can recover from this, and if so, how can I go about it?

Last edited by Sparky076,
Reactions: PhyChris

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Hope this explain more for you, even though the video is for PS4.

Wow, yes, that explains many things .... haha

So Gentoo would be more of a distro with retroArch and preconfigured emulators like Lakka ?. I was just looking for information on Lakka and I came across this. I wonder how well optimized it is on Switch (or updated).

NopeDope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm on OS 9.1.0|AMS 0.10.1 with Hekate. I want to a) upgrade the firmware to 10.0.2, b) format my SD from exFAT to FAT32, and c) install a CFW that's compatible with hbg. Should I do these in this order? Also, what's the recommended CFW/set up for hbg?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, i have problem with my switch.
Recently i update my pokemon sword into v 1.1.1, and everytime i start the game it said "The software was closed because an error occured", i use 10.0.2 atmosphere 0.12. i tried update my sigpatches but it still dont work, but when i downgrade the pokemon into v 1.1 i can play it again. any idea?
Try using ReiNX

So just updated switch to 10.0.0 and atmosphere to 12.0.0 however now i'm unable to get into the homebrew menu. Any ideas?
Don't hold the R button.

Hello,

I'm on OS 9.1.0|AMS 0.10.1 with Hekate. I want to a) upgrade the firmware to 10.0.2, b) format my SD from exFAT to FAT32, and c) install a CFW that's compatible with hbg. Should I do these in this order? Also, what's the recommended CFW/set up for hbg?

Thanks!
I wouldn't recommend updating to firmware 10.X or using HBG/

NopeKun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Quick questions guys . My switch is in 9.0.0 fw on emummc and I'm using Incognito made by blawar. and I'm planning to update my switch emummc to the latest fw 10.0.2. do i need to restore my serial number before i update or just update it?

MiniPutin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi! Thanks to NH Switch Guide and this thread, I've been able to succesfuly install emummc. Thanks a lot! After these days of having 0 problems I now have three noob questions that should be easy to answer for you (they are yes/no questions). My emummc is on airplane mode permanently, while my sysnand has an online subscription where I play a cartridge game:

1. To safely switch (avoiding a ban) between emummc and sysnand and vice versa I just have to turn off the Nintendo Switch completely and then inject the Hekate payload to select what I want to boot into, right?
  2. Is it safe to have the SD with all the "pirate stuff" and the purchased cartridge game inserted on the Switch when booting into emummc?
  3. As for this cartridge game, if I open it on the emummc will it have a different save game and will it be safe to use?

Thanks A LOT again. As you can see, I'm a little bit scared since it's my first time, but I'm more than happy with the result.

k3lv1n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
for backup via hekate, are both BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC SYS suffice to unbrick in case mishap happened? I do not need the full backup (rawnand.bin) right assuming I do not mind losing user settings, save & etc.

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hej folks,
so i havent payed attention to the scene for the last halv a year or so. I have my switch setup the following way: i have the dual boot with sxos, the OFW was back then on the latest original firmware, which i installed through conjourdx ( i think its called), but with burning fuses so i can play online with the clean system. then i had the cfw on the sd card.

now i want to update to the latest versions, ofw and cfw so i can play online again but can also enjoy the latest cfw with my sx stuff.

can someone explain again how i can do this, i completely forgot. also i wanted to ask if this is even possible or are there some problems by now? i know some months ago there was a problem with the firmware update, where something with the gamecard slot was an issue (my fw is the one before that happened). is the newest ofw usable with sx yet?

thank you very much for the help!

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How nornal is it to frequently have atmosphere/kosmos crash back to hekate during gameplay? I've loaned my mum my switch so she can play animal crossing during lockdown but 3 timesish per day I have to launch emumcc for her. I have a fat32 file system sd card if that info helps.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Heck, I don't get what I'm doing wrong here when I'm unable to go from my old Goldleaf v0.5 to the latest one!

I know I've got the older version installed but I can't get my Switch (or rather: Goldleaf) to actually install the new version. I even managed to boot the latest Tinfoil just now (haven't worked before) and tried intalling the new Goldleaf.nsp but I still get v0.5 when I launch the app.

It's been way too long since I did any of this, not just install NSP-files ><' So how do I actually carry out this procedure of getting v0.8 into my Switch? I'm using an older RCMloader from Xkit.

Edit: Actually I'm kinda thinking of starting from scratch, cuz ReiNX also seems a bit unstable tbh - sometimes giving me an error code (2000-0000) when I exit Goldleaf v0.5 -_-' If I were to reinstall everything on my SD an go back to using ReiNX, what should I do here?

Last edited by ConraDargo,

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Heh, managed to finally get v0.8 of Goldleaf running buuuut then I went ahead and updated a bunch of files on the memoery card using sdsetup.com (cuz I think that's what I used ~2 years ago) and now neither Goldleaf nor Tinfoil will start, and I can't access anything through the console's album either... And yet, every NSP-game that already has been installed still works >_> It's just that I get an error on "corrupted data" when I try to run Goldleaf or Tinfoil.

Edit: Oh, not sure if this matters but maybe I should point out that I don't mind if this Switch needs to be online for something to work more properly or be easier to update or whatever, cuz I have another Switch that I only use for purchased games and online multiplayer ^^

Last edited by ConraDargo,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Thanks to NH Switch Guide and this thread, I've been able to succesfuly install emummc. Thanks a lot! After these days of having 0 problems I now have three noob questions that should be easy to answer for you (they are yes/no questions). My emummc is on airplane mode permanently, while my sysnand has an online subscription where I play a cartridge game:

1. To safely switch (avoiding a ban) between emummc and sysnand and vice versa I just have to turn off the Nintendo Switch completely and then inject the Hekate payload to select what I want to boot into, right?
  2. Is it safe to have the SD with all the "pirate stuff" and the purchased cartridge game inserted on the Switch when booting into emummc?
  3. As for this cartridge game, if I open it on the emummc will it have a different save game and will it be safe to use?

Thanks A LOT again. As you can see, I'm a little bit scared since it's my first time, but I'm more than happy with the result.
  1. You don't have to turn off the console to boot into sysMMC with Hekate
  2. Yes
  3. Yes since the save data is stored within the internal memory
for backup via hekate, are both BOOT0/BOOT1 and eMMC SYS suffice to unbrick in case mishap happened? I do not need the full backup (rawnand.bin) right assuming I do not mind losing user settings, save & etc.
Technically you are correct as eMMC USER only contains save and game data.

Hej folks,
so i havent payed attention to the scene for the last halv a year or so. I have my switch setup the following way: i have the dual boot with sxos, the OFW was back then on the latest original firmware, which i installed through conjourdx ( i think its called), but with burning fuses so i can play online with the clean system. then i had the cfw on the sd card.

now i want to update to the latest versions, ofw and cfw so i can play online again but can also enjoy the latest cfw with my sx stuff.

can someone explain again how i can do this, i completely forgot. also i wanted to ask if this is even possible or are there some problems by now? i know some months ago there was a problem with the firmware update, where something with the gamecard slot was an issue (my fw is the one before that happened). is the newest ofw usable with sx yet?

thank you very much for the help!
The gamecard slot has its own updates introduced in firmware 4.0 and 9.0 that once applied prevents it from being used on firmware versions below the one it was installed from. To update your firmware, you can use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX. To update your CFW, simply download the latest boot.dat from TX's website. I wouldn't say the latest firmware is stable with SX OS as it still relies on a beta but firmware 9.2 is plenty stable.

How nornal is it to frequently have atmosphere/kosmos crash back to hekate during gameplay? I've loaned my mum my switch so she can play animal crossing during lockdown but 3 timesish per day I have to launch emumcc for her. I have a fat32 file system sd card if that info helps.
Depends on what you are doing and how many sysmodules you have running.
Heh, managed to finally get v0.8 of Goldleaf running buuuut then I went ahead and updated a bunch of files on the memoery card using sdsetup.com (cuz I think that's what I used ~2 years ago) and now neither Goldleaf nor Tinfoil will start, and I can't access anything through the console's album either... And yet, every NSP-game that already has been installed still works >_> It's just that I get an error on "corrupted data" when I try to run Goldleaf or Tinfoil.

Edit: Oh, not sure if this matters but maybe I should point out that I don't mind if this Switch needs to be online for something to work more properly or be easier to update or whatever, cuz I have another Switch that I only use for purchased games and online multiplayer ^^
Switch back to using ReiNX.

Reactions: MiniPutin

seany1990

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have the error codes, that can also help diagnose any issues depending on the codes.
I haven't seen any error codes sadly as she just hands me the switch back in the hekate launcher but I'll tell her to leave it on the error screen for next time, thanks for the advice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here