Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

neoxdonut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Added homebrew to my switch today

Tinfoil wont let me install any games? it said my memory card was corrupt after I tried to start the game. It was on "exFAT " before but i formatted it to "FAT32" and still same issue?

I'm on "atmosphere-0.9.4" tried installing them with "Tinfoil"

the game was an "NSP file"

Last edited by neoxdonut,

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably burned a tonne of fuses but upgraded with choidujour from 5.0.1 to 7.0.1 few months back. Would it be possible to upgrade to 8.0.1 and then downgrade back to 7.0.1 or 5.0.1?

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably burned a tonne of fuses but upgraded with choidujour from 5.0.1 to 7.0.1 few months back. Would it be possible to upgrade to 8.0.1 and then downgrade back to 7.0.1 or 5.0.1?
If you don't burn fuses while upgrading, yes it is

T0mmy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi All,

I am completely new to the scene and I would have some question:

I own an RCM vulnerable NSW, bought it yesterday as second-hand. The OFW is 8.1.0. Been using ReinX and installed few NSP games on the SDCard and also Internal Memory.

If I delete everything from the internal memory: games, user data, etc., remove the SDCard and reboot the device to OFW, can I access the OFW updates from Nintendo and can I still use my Nintendo account and download things from the eShop? Or loading the payload and running CFW has permanent effect on the System NAND so it will never be original anymore?

So is it possible to be online with the Switch as long as I booted to OFW and everything else is removed/deleted/uninstalled from the device? Is booting to OFW and CFW separate worlds?

Thanks!!!!

Last edited by T0mmy,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I am completely new to the scene and I would have some question:

I own an RCM vulnerable NSW, bought it yesterday as second-hand. The OFW is 8.1.0. Been using ReinX and installed few NSP games on the SDCard and also Internal Memory.

If I delete everything from the internal memory: games, user data, etc., remove the SDCard and reboot the device to OFW, can I access the OFW updates from Nintendo? Or can I still use my Nintendo account and download things from the eShop? Or loading the payload and running CFW has permanent effect on the System NAND so it will never be original anymore?

So is it possible to be online with the Switch as long as I booted to OFW and everything else is removed/deleted/uninstalled from the device? Is booting to OFW and CFW separate worlds?

Thanks!!!!

No, your NAND isn't clean you will just get a ban hammer.

T0mmy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I see thanks for the heads-up!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So this also means the there's absolutely no turning-back... Cannot go back to normal OFW anymore, is that correct? So let's say if one day I decide that I will no longer want to use these hacks I cannot reverse these changes? No more stock NSW?

Does any of the existing payloads+CFWs offer this "roll-back" feature? Or it doesn't matter which one you use.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see thanks for the heads-up!

So this also means the there's absolutely no turning-back... Cannot go back to normal OFW anymore, is that correct? So let's say if one day I decide that I will no longer want to use these hacks I cannot reverse these changes? No more stock NSW?

Does any of the existing payloads+CFWs offer this "roll-back" feature? Or it doesn't matter which one you use.

You can go on OFW but you can't play online, you need to restore a clean NAND made via Hekate from prior to running any CFW.

T0mmy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Something else: I installed some games (NSPs) and some of them say that there's an update for the specific game. How can they tell that there really is an update if the device is not connected to the Internet?

You can go on OFW but you can't play online, you need to restore a clean NAND made via Hekate from prior to running any CFW.

I see. This was the mistake the guy made whom I bought the device from. For the very first time he installed the CFW and some games and he made no clean NAND backup...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem, but just to be sure, the cart slot only becomes updated after the post-update reboot?
Correct. To be more specific, it is updated at around the same time fuses are burnt aka when the stock bootloader or a custom bootloader without nogc is used.

Added homebrew to my switch today

Tinfoil wont let me install any games? it said my memory card was corrupt after I tried to start the game. It was on "exFAT " before but i formatted it to "FAT32" and still same issue?

I'm on "atmosphere-0.9.4" tried installing them with "Tinfoil"

the game was an "NSP file"
Which "Tinfoil" are you using?

@Draxzelex
Yes, I do use reinx and I see that message. Is there a way to bypass such a message?
I also installed tinfoil as you instructed and I posted about it here.
I would never ever recommend DZ to any user. This is the one and only Tinfoil.

Fear86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey y'all, so I have played the new Zelda game with no problem, also playing PLGP, right now I installed Botw and I got this message "Turn off flight mode", I got this message from 2 more games I've installed, does anyone know why this happens? I'm upto date with everything out there!

Last edited by Fear86,

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
believe the jig is faulty and have ordered a new one

(the pins face the outside and be sure to push it all the way down) maybe try cleaning them with alcohol you know if you are in RCM once you do what I said the switch will still look off

make sure you also power down the switch to start the process

Gui_br

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I have a dongle to send payloads and my question is: how do I get the Hekate graphical interface to load since it's a different .bin file? Do I have to inject it after injecting hekate or just place it in the microsd and hekate will load it?

ResQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I want to play SNES Online default games (not bonus roms or whatever). I use ReiNX (fw 8.1) and tried multiple different SNES online .NSPs, they all say I'm banned or "disable flight mode". What am I missing?

Fear86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, I asked nearly an hour ago but I will ask again, I have played the new Zelda game and finished the game (NSP game, using atmosphere), now I'm playing Pokemon Let's go pikachu, but I downloaded Zelda Botw and Mk11 followed by the Marvel game and installed these on to my 128 gb micro sd card, also installed the updates too, but the game is telling me to switch off my flight mode off, why? Whats the problem here? What am I doing wrong? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!

devilpyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello. I have question, when i buy switch mine already hacked with dongle payload ns-atmosphere to activate when battery turned off. So i have no idea how to start upgrading cfw & fw.

My switch info is like this, firmware at 6.2.0, Nx shell 1.0.3 reinx tool 1.1 choidujor 1.0.1.

So what step should i start to safely upgrading my switch? Thanks

Last edited by devilpyro,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to play SNES Online default games (not bonus roms or whatever). I use ReiNX (fw 8.1) and tried multiple different SNES online .NSPs, they all say I'm banned or "disable flight mode". What am I missing?
You need a linked Nintendo Account in order to the SNES app. You can use Kefir to link a fake account but it will wipe all of your save data if you do not back them up before using the tool.

Ok, I asked nearly an hour ago but I will ask again, I have played the new Zelda game and finished the game (NSP game, using atmosphere), now I'm playing Pokemon Let's go pikachu, but I downloaded Zelda Botw and Mk11 followed by the Marvel game and installed these on to my 128 gb micro sd card, also installed the updates too, but the game is telling me to switch off my flight mode off, why? Whats the problem here? What am I doing wrong? ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!
Have you tried using ReiNX?

Hello. I have question, when i buy switch mine already hacked with dongle payload ns-atmosphere to activate when battery turned off. So i have no idea how to start upgrading cfw & fw.

My switch info is like this, firmware at 6.2.0, Nx shell 1.0.3 reinx tool 1.1 choidujor 1.0.1.

So what step should i start to safely upgrading my switch? Thanks
Before anything, I think you should familiarize yourself with the dongle that you are using which has its own website. Once you understand how it works, you should update the files on it as well as on your SD card as you generally update your CFW before updating your firmware. Updating firmware is just the easy part.
Are there any discord channels out there that help out with these kinds of problems?
You can try joining ReiSwitched

5tr01k

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Super noobie question: Is there a way to install all Minecraft's Nintendo Switch Edition DLCs? I'm runing last firmware, last atmosphere and hbg shop/tinfoil. I can't find any dlc for that version :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: hey sylv? do you know why gameyob crashes on the EZP?