SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. mIRChele

mIRChele Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2016
    Italy
    I know it, but what happens if I, for example, try to open eshop without 90dns but with incognito applied? Does it refuse to connect at all or some information is sent to Nintendo? I mean, the battery serial is still there, If it's sent they can use it

Inviato dal mio SM-G960F utilizzando Tapatalk

2. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    That's why I stay completely offline before messing with something like that.

3. Gamese

Gamese Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    @Draxzelex

EDIT: At last! I am able to use the forum as intended! I am so happy!

[​IMG]

I am now facing another problem. Once entering the hbmenu, the /switch folder appears to be empty (no tinfoil can be found). I am unable to use the tinfoil.bin file inside my /switch folder.

By following the GitHub link
    I was not able to directly locate a nro file. However, I found a website named tinfoil io that had a download section, allowing me to find a nro file.

The error of not being able to use any cartridge games happened right after I installed the "Pokemon Eevee" nsp file from goldleaf. I then removed the item using the following combination from my switch menu:
    "+ -> Data Management -> Delete Software"

Last edited by Gamese, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    This is simply an issue when using a MacOS. You will have to fix the Archive Bit on the /Switch folder. Hekate can do this for you.

5. Gamese

Gamese Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2019
    United States
    @Draxzelex

I thought of that and did some googling.
    According to this you need to do the following steps from the terminal (thank you djh816):
    "I had success with just removing the archive bit via "sudo chflags -R arch /Volumes/SDNAME/" and then doing a "sudo dot_clean -mn /Volumes/SDNAME/"."

but did not work for me, so I changed my SD card (to a smaller one, sadly), inserted the goldleaf.nro to the /switch folder and tried again.
    Opened NS-USBloader v0.6 on my MAC, select Goldleaf and upload to NS and the thing crashed.

This time, the goldleaf application was visible but once I pressed it, I got an error.
    [​IMG]

Maybe I should try updating the console to a newer version (say 8.1.0) using ChoiDujourNX?

EDIT:

I actually was able to boot into tinfoil using the nro and the files using the following structure:

On the /switch folder:

tinfoil.nsp
    /tinfoil

using this i was able to transfer files to my switch.

However, now wherever I try to start a game, it gives me a message "The software data is not downloaded. it will be downloaded now".
    My device is not connected to the internet. Should I allow it to connect and download the data even if I installed the files through nsp files?
    • From my understanding, this has to do with my Nintendo folder, which I erased (I do not mind losing my save data).
    • Can I just install the games again from their cartridges? What about the games that I installed using nsp files?

Last edited by Gamese, Sep 24, 2019
  6. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2019
    United States
    My hbmenu doesn't come up with the right bumper... But it does with the left. Also it doesn't look like the usual hb menu. Any ideas?

7. kjettern

kjettern Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2019
    Norway
    Ok so I'm a noob when it comes to Switch hacking.. I've tried to read up so i'm a little bit prepeared, but don't shot me for asking stupid questions.

So I'm thinking of buying a Switch with the right serialnumber that's not patched, but does the firmware also block exploits like Fusee Gelee? Let's say I buy a Switch that has not patched hardware, but the previous owner updated it to v. 8 or 9?
    Thanks

8. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2019
    United States
    @kjettern A non patched switch will always be exploitable, because the exploit is with the Tegra x1 chip (hardware). It is technically unpatchable.

9. kjettern

kjettern Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2019
    Norway
    OK NICE! So is the best way to hack a new switch to update it to fw v. 9 and then use the fusee gele? Or should I use the fusee gelee and then update it later to the firmware version I want?

10. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    If you want to keep your fuse count lower, first install CFW and then update with ChoiDujourNX.

kjettern likes this.
  11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    What does it look like?

12. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2019
    United States
    The tabs are on the top instead of on the bottom. Maybe just a different version?

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    It would really help if you post a screenshot :)

14. MrNoob

MrNoob Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2019
    Costa Rica
    How can I play online with a friend?
    I hacked my switch so I have a emuMCC and a sysNAND, is there a way that I can play online with my sysNAND without getting banned?

15. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If your sysnand is clean you can play online if it isn't you will probably get ban.

16. White_Raven_X

White_Raven_X Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2019
    United States
    Will post when I get home after work. Thanks

Draxzelex likes this.
  17. MrNoob

MrNoob Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 24, 2019
    Costa Rica
    How can I tell if my sysnand is clean?

18. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    If you didn't make a NAND backup via Hekate prior to running any CFW then it is not clean.

19. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
  20. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    In your system string if it says E then you have emunand, if it has a S then you are on sysnand.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted