Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does anyone know hot to start developing some codw for the switch?
https://github.com/switchbrew/switch-examples

If you use Windows 10, I recommend to install Ubuntu from Store
and after configuring and updating it push those commands
Code:
wget https://github.com/devkitPro/pacman/releases/download/devkitpro-pacman-1.0.1/devkitpro-pacman.deb
sudo dpkg -i devkitpro-pacman.deb
sudo dkp-pacman -S switch-dev
Accept any prompt after using last command with just enter.

Now you can compile apps by just going to folder with "makefile", writing "bash" to path in file explorer, enter and pushing command "make"

Reactions: canteko

Baoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guys I nee d help pls

I have bought a new Sd card, Formatted in exfat, put in Root all the contento of HAkkate 13-2

I can boot the console but the Switch see again the old game in Home, the games have in the other SD card. I have try to delete game from the console using the Setting of the console and then reinstall the game but it give me an error Eticket 145.

Question:

1 - Is it the right method to prepare a news SD card format it Exfat (if I format it Fat 32 the console doesnt't recognize the SD) and then put inside kosmos, then From Kosmos lounch the CFW without create a emuMMC? I have try to create it but it always Disabled in ornage.
I have auto RCM

2- There is a update guide to create a new SD card, I thoink my problem is the samee of many other people that bought a new SD card I have a 400 GB ones

Ty

upload_2019-8-12_11-18-21.png

Funky.Art

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys !

I've created my emuMMC with Atmosphere, but I cannot delete my accounts because I won't use my internet connection, is there a homebrew tool to format without internet, like in the 3DS ?

Thank you by advance ! :D

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guys I nee d help pls

I have bought a new Sd card, Formatted in exfat, put in Root all the contento of HAkkate 13-2

I can boot the console but the Switch see again the old game in Home, the games have in the other SD card. I have try to delete game from the console using the Setting of the console and then reinstall the game but it give me an error Eticket 145.

Question:

1 - Is it the right method to prepare a news SD card format it Exfat (if I format it Fat 32 the console doesnt't recognize the SD) and then put inside kosmos, then From Kosmos lounch the CFW without create a emuMMC? I have try to create it but it always Disabled in ornage.
I have auto RCM

2- There is a update guide to create a new SD card, I thoink my problem is the samee of many other people that bought a new SD card I have a 400 GB ones

Ty

View attachment 176163
You should use Fat32. Follow this guide:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/partitioning_sd/
It will create the emuMMC partition. After you did this, you can copy the contents of the old sd card to the new one.

Baoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

aarti

Killua Zoldyck
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Is the nogc patch enabled by default when you autoboot atmosphere with hekate? Or do you still need to write a line for that in the hekate_ipl.ini file?

SwineAdam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. i am thinking update the Switch on official firmware, and using a jig to RCM to prevent burning fuses. doing like this and using hekate with the added line in the ini, i can prevent the game card slot from also updating? or is there a more specific way of doing that?

ALSO, is there any actual benefit to updating the game card slot with the firmware? i can't imagine any reason i would want actually to use system firmware 3.0.1, or lower. but if there is any reason i SHOULD allow the game card slot to update, that would be nice to hear. thank you! ^_^

Last edited by SwineAdam,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys !

I've created my emuMMC with Atmosphere, but I cannot delete my accounts because I won't use my internet connection, is there a homebrew tool to format without internet, like in the 3DS ?

Thank you by advance ! :D
Just keep the Nintendo account linked. It is more useful to have it linked than not.

Got a unpatched switch 5.02. Is it best to make a nand backup https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

Then update to latest version and use atmosphere/kosmos for backups?

Is it better to go upto 7.0.1 as that is last version that could have a coldboot hack?
No, that guide is terrible, outdated, and uses pre-compiled files that led to extremely weird errors such as a boot.dat screen appearing which is only supposed to happen if you use SX OS. Also, we already have coldboot on all firmware versions. If by chance you are referring to untethered coldboot, it is only theoretically possible up to firmware 3.0.1

Is the nogc patch enabled by default when you autoboot atmosphere with hekate? Or do you still need to write a line for that in the hekate_ipl.ini file?
There is now a setting known as auto-nogc which is enabled by default in Hekate/Fusee.

hello. i am thinking update the Switch on official firmware, and using a jig to RCM to prevent burning fuses. doing like this and using hekate with the added line in the ini, i can prevent the game card slot from also updating? or is there a more specific way of doing that?

ALSO, is there any actual benefit to updating the game card slot with the firmware? i can't imagine any reason i would want actually to use system firmware 3.0.1, or lower. but if there is any reason i SHOULD allow the game card slot to update, that would be nice to hear. thank you! ^_^
Hekate now prevents the cartridge slot from automatically updating by only applying nogc if you have a fuse count of 4 or less. And the benefits to updating your cartridge slot only include being able to play retail cartridges on firmware versions of 4.0 or higher. Updating it is currently an irreversible process and may be the key to an untethered coldboot exploit on firmware versions below 4.0. Unless you primarily buy games physical, there is not much reason to update your cartridge slot.

Is there a way to transfer safe files from one OFW Switch console to another with CFW?
There is Nintendo's cloud service as well as the Save Data Transfer feature introduced in firmware 8.0

Funky.Art

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just keep the Nintendo account linked. It is more useful to have it linked than not.

So it's better to leave it like this ? I'm in airplane mode, and was searching for installing incognito or 90DNS for emunand and having the homebrew store, is it safe on Astmosphere emuMMC ? :D

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's better to leave it like this ? I'm in airplane mode, and was searching for installing incognito or 90DNS for emunand and having the homebrew store, is it safe on Astmosphere emuMMC ? :D
Certain games cannot be played without a Nintendo account so without one, you would be locking yourself out of a handful of games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Draxzelex already used it, it's still safe to restore a backup?

What's optimal way to make a nand backup then?
Just use Hekate. You do not need a guide for using Hekate.

Reactions: ganons

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to