Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

FlyingPancake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Sorry cant figure out the quote system here.

New round of questions
Flyingpancake:
I have planed to start all over.
First I will offline update my sysnand to 8.1 with ChoiDujourNX - can this be done with out having CFW on the switch?

"1st partition is for sd, 30GB is for hidden partition emummc"
What do you mean when you say 1st partition is for sd?
I split the 400 GB (370GB) into 2 partitions (FAT32)
The first partition I create is 330 GB
The second partition I create is 30GB

I put hekate 5.0.1 bootloader onto the 330GB partition or the 30 GB

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By safest I meant for dual booting and going online without ban
Well most people prefer to have their sysMMC online while their emuMMC offline but there are people who do the opposite and are not banned. Statistically, neither option is safer so its just down to a matter of preference.

Reactions: Lacius

Vcliex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.playdesain.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Then there are two options:
  1. AutoRCM is already installed.
  2. If your Switch powers off completely, you have no way of getting back into CFW (without a jig).
Have you completely powered off the system since getting it? Have you pushed a payload to your Switch while in RCM using something like TegraRcmGUI?

AutoRCM is relatively safe and won't irreparably brick your Switch. It causes your Switch to coldboot into RCM after the Switch is fully powered off. This is a very convenient way to enter RCM, but it means you need to push a payload like fusee-primary or Hekate before you will be able to use your Switch again after powering it off. If you have AutoRCM installed, the Switch should be left in sleep mode whenever it's not being used.

The only way to check is to power off the Switch completely and power it back on. If it boots normally into OFW, it doesn't have AutoRCM installed. If it seems like it's physically unable to power on, that means it has entered RCM.

thanks a lot, i never turn off switch completely, so i only put in sleep mode.
"the seller said : my switch in autoRCM and if i turn off the switch and turn on again the switch wont be turn on without reinject cfw again. so i need to reinject cfw via pc so i can play the switch"
does it mean the switch in autoRCM or not?

is there a way to make nand backup clean for now? cause i don't have one, seller didnt backup anything.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot, i never turn off switch completely, so i only put in sleep mode.
"the seller said : my switch in autoRCM and if i turn off the switch and turn on again the switch wont be turn on without reinject cfw again. so i need to reinject cfw via pc so i can play the switch"
does it mean the switch in autoRCM or not?
You have AutoRCM installed.

is there a way to make nand backup clean for now? cause i don't have one, seller didnt backup anything.
You only need to worry about having a clean NAND backup if you want to setup a dirty emuNAND and play online with a clean sysNAND. If you don't have a clean NAND backup, it will probably be banned if you try to play online. There are ways you might be able to make it clean, but they might not work.

So how do I update the the sysnand OFW to 8.1 without burning fuses
There are only two ways to accomplish this:
  1. Install AutoRCM if you haven't already, boot into your clean sysNAND using Atmosphere and no additional patches (this should be relatively safe), update the system in the system settings, and reboot into OFW. You want to avoid using CFW with your clean sysNAND, but running it once to update the system without running any homebrew is unlikely to get you banned.
  2. Update your system in the system settings, reboot into RCM with a reliable jig, and install AutoRCM. This is a risky option, since booting into Horizon instead of RCM will irreparably burn your fuses. I don't recommend this option.
If you don't care about downgrading, you don't need to worry about your fuses at all.

I want to have a 8.1 so i can create a user with a linked nintendo account - and make a copy of it, so the linked nintendo account is on my emunand. Is that possible?
You can do this, but you will have to overwrite your current emuNAND or make a second emuNAND. There might also be a homebrew application that will do something like this, but I can't remember what it's called.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: Vcliex

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to research emunand but haven't had much luck. First, is there a good tutorial that explains setting up emunand period? This is what I ultimately want. Sysnand to stay on 4.1, clean emunand (able to be upgraded to whatever the latest is), then emunand with cfw. Question: It doesn't look like Hekate can create an emunand from a backup, if that is the case then I would have to restore the backup I want to be an emunand and then create the new emunand?

If the above is correct, then these would have to be my steps

1. Create two additional 30+ gig partititions on my sdcard
2. Restore my 4.1 backup to sysnand (currently on 6.2 but only 5 burnt fuses)
3. Create emunand on first partition.
4. Restore my 6.2 backup to sysnand
5. Remove my AutoRCM in Hekate
6. Create emunand on my second partition.
7. Restore my 4.1 backup to sysnand.
8. Add AutoRCM to prevent 4.1 sysnand from possibly updating

Is that right?

Additional question: My Atmosphere files are on the main partition of the sdcard currently, will I have to move these files to the 'cfw' partition along with any homebrew directories etc?

Last edited by bird333,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to research emunand but haven't had much luck. First, is there a good tutorial that explains setting up emunand period? This is what I ultimately want. Sysnand to stay on 4.1, clean emunand (able to be upgraded to whatever the latest is), then emunand with cfw. Question: It doesn't look like Hekate can create an emunand from a backup, if that is the case then I would have to restore the backup I want to be an emunand and then create the new emunand?

If the above is correct, then these would have to be my steps

1. Create two additional 30+ gig partititions on my sdcard
2. Restore my 4.1 backup to sysnand (currently on 6.2 but only 5 burnt fuses)
3. Create emunand on first partition.
4. Restore my 6.2 backup to sysnand
5. Remove my AutoRCM in Hekate
6. Create emunand on my second partition.
7. Restore my 4.1 backup to sysnand.
8. Add AutoRCM to prevent 4.1 sysnand from possibly updating

Is that right?

Additional question: My Atmosphere files are on the main partition of the sdcard currently, will I have to move these files to the 'cfw' partition along with any homebrew directories etc?
If you're going to keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0, you don't need AutoRCM installed in order to preserve fuses.

Out of curiosity, why do you want your sysNAND on 4.1.0?

FlyingPancake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You have AutoRCM installed.

You only need to worry about having a clean NAND backup if you want to setup a dirty emuNAND and play online with a clean sysNAND. If you don't have a clean NAND backup, it will probably be banned if you try to play online. There are ways you might be able to make it clean, but they might not work.

There are only two ways to accomplish this:
  1. Install AutoRCM if you haven't already, boot into your clean sysNAND using Atmosphere and no additional patches (this should be relatively safe), update the system in the system settings, and reboot into OFW. You want to avoid using CFW with your clean sysNAND, but running it once to update the system without running any homebrew is unlikely to get you banned.
  2. Update your system in the system settings, reboot into RCM with a reliable jig, and install AutoRCM. This is a risky option, since booting into Horizon instead of RCM will irreparably burn your fuses. I don't recommend this option.
If you don't care about downgrading, you don't need to worry about your fuses at all.

You can do this, but you will have to overwrite your current emuNAND or make a second emuNAND. There might also be a homebrew application that will do something like this, but I can't remember what it's called.

I just read somewhere that its good to be able to downgrade.
But I think i will just start all over, update my system to 8.1 and do a new back up. Create a user w. nintendo account and start installing emuMMC again.

One last question and I think im good to go
When I split my SD card into 2 partitions,
Which should i put the bootloader and atmosphere onto?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just read somewhere that its good to be able to downgrade.
Downgrading isn't particularly important if you are content with using the RCM exploit forever to load CFW. Downgrading is only useful for alternative exploits.

When I split my SD card into 2 partitions,
Which should i put the bootloader and atmosphere onto?
You want it in your normal storage, the 330 GB partition.

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're going to keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0, you don't need AutoRCM installed in order to preserve fuses.

Out of curiosity, why do you want your sysNAND on 4.1.0?

That's the lowest I can be on I think. Just in case, any future developments happen. So the rest of my assumptions/steps were correct?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the lowest I can be on I think. Just in case, any future developments happen.
  1. If you want to keep AutoRCM for the convenience of being able to coldboot into RCM, there is no reason to keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0, since AutoRCM will keep your fuses from being burnt. In other words, if fuses are your only concern, then you would only keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0 if you didn't want to have AutoRCM installed.
  2. A warmboot browser exploit has already been released for 4.1.0. This is probably the best 4.1.0 is ever going to get, since certain factors make an untethered coldboot exploit highly unlikely on anything above 3.0.x. In other words, unless you want to use the warmboot browser exploit now instead of the RCM exploit, you will likely never get anything from 4.1.0.

Maxwellkiwi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks a lot for previous answers!
I have to more question, Lacius you mentionned an update for cardslot : what does it mean? How do i know if it is up to date and avoid a mistake?
Also more important: can some body give me a tuto to update the firmware of an emunand with atmosphère?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to more question, Lacius you mentionned an update for cardslot : what does it mean? How do i know if it is up to date and avoid a mistake?
The gamecard slot can be updated by a system update. By default, Atmosphere blocks updates to the gamecard slot if the system's fuses are low. It's not really anything worth worrying about unless game cartridges don't work. If a game cartridge doesn't work, you probably just need to allow the gamecard slot to be updated. There is no known benefit to keeping your gamecard slot on a low version, aside from keeping the gamecard slot functional when on a low system version.

Also more important: can some body give me a tuto to update the firmware of an emunand with atmosphère?
Use ChoiDujourNX to update the system version on your emuNAND. You can do this by launching ChoiDujourNX from the Homebrew Launcher with the 8.1.0 update files in a folder on the root of your SD card.

Make sure your CFW is up to date before updating your emuNAND. When Nintendo releases new Switch updates, you should also wait for Atmosphere to be updated to support the new system version before updating.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there. I just got a "a software update is required" on a game that I used to be able to play. But now with this message I only have the option to download or cancel it and go back to the home menu.
I'm using the latest version of atmosphere and never been online before.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there. I just got a "a software update is required" on a game that I used to be able to play. But now with this message I only have the option to download or cancel it and go back to the home menu.
I'm using the latest version of atmosphere and never been online before.
This is probably due to you updating your firmware. You can either downgrade your firware, install the update it requires, or try DevMenu's reset Required Version feature.

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. If you want to keep AutoRCM for the convenience of being able to coldboot into RCM, there is no reason to keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0, since AutoRCM will keep your fuses from being burnt. In other words, if fuses are your only concern, then you would only keep your sysNAND on 4.1.0 if you didn't want to have AutoRCM installed.
  2. A warmboot browser exploit has already been released for 4.1.0. This is probably the best 4.1.0 is ever going to get, since certain factors make an untethered coldboot exploit highly unlikely on anything above 3.0.x. In other words, unless you want to use the warmboot browser exploit now instead of the RCM exploit, you will likely never get anything from 4.1.0.
I'm guessing you're not sure about my other questions then? Anybody else know?

th3joker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i deleted the atmosphere folder off the sd card copyed a new on back on, copyed the sig patches, even added kosmos patches. i then used a different payload i used the fusee atmosphere bin. it loads right up and i dont get a chance to choose sysnand or emummc, anyway using this payload and not hikate i can install the nsp with goldleaf even tho it says no tickets avilable. if i go back to emummc hikate it says the nsp game is corupt. if i load the fusee bin and check the game it says no errors and plays it. wtf? is there a error in the payloads or the emummc?

FlyingPancake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hello all

So just hacked my switch 8.1 - It have my emunand with 8.1 (AMS 0.9.2) but when i switch to my sysnand it says the firmware is 8.1 (AMS 0.9.2) - does this mean that there is CFW on my sysnand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/CaOkTKfxu44?si=gaexp0MTD_Yi-udH