SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You need one of the following:
    1. An unpatched Switch (software version doesn't matter)
    2. A patched Switch that is on 4.1.0 and has never connected to the internet (system version definitely matters)
    It is highly recommended that you find yourself an unpatched Switch. Check the serial number before making a purchase.

2. geecat

geecat Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2019
    United States
    Thank you very much — the distinction between patched vs. unpatched and the FW version was what I was missing, and apparently what has changed since the original Checkpoint method was shown. I'll find an unpatched unit instead of worrying about the specific FW version.

Last edited by geecat, Jul 16, 2019
  3. HE1NZ

HE1NZ GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Hello. Is there a way to make Switch read 128 gb sdxc card without updating online?

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The problem is likely because your SD card is formatted as exFAT. You have three options:
    1. Reformat the SD card as FAT32.
    2. Install the exFAT support update online (not recommended).
    3. Install the exFAT support update using ChoiDujourNX (if the Switch is being kept offline, or 90DNS/Incognito are installed).

5. HE1NZ

HE1NZ GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Thanks. If set my card to FAT32, will I be able to copy NAND and do all safety stuff checks with it? I think FAT32 only support 3gb files. My Switch is not hacked yet.

6. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Yes, you will. FAT32 only supports 4GB, but Hekate will split up your NAND backup appropriately. You can also use Hekate with your exFAT SD card without installing exFAT support to the Switch. Hekate comes with built-in exFAT support.

7. HE1NZ

HE1NZ GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2012
    Serbia, Republic of
    Thanks. I guess I'll keep it FAT32 until I hack the console.

8. MiZ J0K3R

MiZ J0K3R GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2015
    hello guys, i stuck in red screen after injecting payload, i am in 6.2.
    what am i doing wrong?

9. FlyingPancake

FlyingPancake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    Denmark
    So i have done something wrong when doing the emuMMC?
    I should have one sysnand with ofw and one emunand with cfw right?

Or should i "initalize console" on the sysnand - to make sure its ofw and 100% clean

Last edited by FlyingPancake, Jul 16, 2019
  10. quantex

quantex Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2007
    Hi guys,

I would like to know some information,

1- When I install a game that has many updates, do I have to install all updates released or jump from 1.0 to 1.4 for example.

2- Why is that the home screen of my Switch there are a few items that are black?

3- Some games ask for updates, why does it happen? I use 90DNS, doesn't suppose to block game updates?

4- I don't want to play online, should I use Emunand or continue to use just 90DNS?

5- I bought a new sd card, can I copy all contents from old sd card to a new one using windows explorer and all programs will work?

Thanks for all your help

Last edited by quantex, Jul 16, 2019
  11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You need to provide a lot more information than that.

Yes, you have done something wrong if your intention was to boot an OFW sysNAND and you booted Atmosphere instead.

You only need the latest update.

You're going to have to be more specific.

If games are asking you for system updates, it means they require higher system versions to run. You can update your Switch's system version using ChoiDujourNX.
    If the games are asking for game updates, then you should install the NSP files for those game updates.

If you don't want to play online and your system is unpatched, then there is no reason for you to use emuNAND. You should continue to use 90DNS and/or Incognito.

If your Switch doesn't have exFAT support installed, then the SD card needs to be formatted as FAT32. Other than that, yes, all you need to do is copy/paste the files/folders from the old SD card to the new one.

quantex likes this.
  12. MiZ J0K3R

Jul 28, 2015
    i was trying to use reinx, idk if the payloads are corrects too

Last edited by MiZ J0K3R, Jul 16, 2019
  13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    I still don't have a lot of information. Do the following:
    1. Download the latest version of Atmosphere and put it onto your SD card.
    2. Download the latest version of fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere on the release page).
    3. Put the SD card into your Switch.
    4. Put your Switch into RCM.
    5. Boot into Atmosphere using fusee-primary.
    What happens?

14. frankadank

frankadank Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2017
    United States
    So I appear to have lost my nand backup, my hard drive on my pc got corrupted and with it went my switch nand backup.
    Im currently on firmware 7 running atmosphere with unburnt fuses since 4.1 due to using Choidujour, can I ever go back to a clean nand?

15. MiZ J0K3R

Jul 28, 2015
    Atmosphere for 6.2 works ut reinx not

16. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    First, you should have kept your backup stored somewhere safe. It is recommended that one keep his or her NAND backup somewhere online, like Google Drive. NAND backups can usually be significantly compressed.

You are probably unable to return to a clean state without a clean NAND backup. That being said, there's no need for a clean NAND backup if you don't care about playing online. Depending on what you've done with Atmosphere, your NAND might also be less dirty than you think.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

You can try to get ReiNX working by updating your files, but I would recommend using Atmosphere. It has more features and is updated for frequently.

MiZ J0K3R likes this.
  17. Vannacut

Vannacut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2018
    United States
    Unsc Infinity
    QUESTION - Ight so I've gotten pretty lost in this forum because the 3ds died, and I never got a switch. I remember seeing things like freeshop would be impossible on the switch, recently though, I've seen a few videos where freeshop is possible..? Is it true?

18. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    There is a tool that will allow you to install most Switch games directly from file hosting sites like Google Drive.
    "Freeshop" on the Switch is currently impossible.

19. Vannacut

Vannacut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2018
    United States
    Unsc Infinity
    Thanks!

20. FlyingPancake

FlyingPancake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    Denmark
    Ok im a total noob and a bit confused - I really appreciate you help.

I just turned off my switch. and booted it up normally, there it has OFW.

When I boot with a payload to my emunand, im booting up in emunand. I have a "emummc on/off toggle". And I thought I could use that one, to switch between the systems. And in some degree i can. - I can switch to my sysnand (its white and the name is different), but in current system version it says "firmware is 8.1 (AMS 0.9.2)"

So if I wanna play online (sysnand), I should boot up normally?

And if I wanna play offline (emunand), I should boot with a payload?

I cant switch between emunand and sysnand with emummc on/off?