SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you're using fusee-primary, it's going to boot into Atmosphere regardless of which NAND it is. If you want to play online with your clean sysNAND, you need to boot normally or use the Hekate OFW option.

2. Vannacut

Vannacut Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2018
    United States
    Unsc Infinity
    Like I said before I'm completely new to nintendo switch hacking, where do I go on to hacking my switch? What kinds of hacks are there?

3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Before you can do anything, you need to make sure your Switch is exploitable.
    1. Preferably, your Switch is unpatched. If it was purchased before July 2018, it's unpatched. If it was purchased after July 2018, you will want to check the serial number and/or check to see if you can boot an RCM payload.
    2. If your Switch is patched, then it will only be exploitable if you're on 4.1.0 and have never connected to the internet.

4. FlyingPancake

FlyingPancake Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2019
    Denmark
    Ok, can I from emunand to Hekate and then start OFW? what tools do i need for that?

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You can use Reboot to Payload to reboot into Hekate from the Homebrew Launcher.

6. jucaa

jucaa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2012
    United States
    Is there a "switch.guide" to hack the system like there was with the 3ds?

7. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Draxzelex likes this.
  8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Is the SD card formatted as exFAT?

9. tehoivun

tehoivun Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    nope, FAT32

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Did you check to see if it was fake? Even trusted resellers like Amazon have sold plenty of fakes before.

11. tehoivun

tehoivun Member

Newcomer
    May 24, 2016
    United States
    fake in what way? It is a chinese knock off, with maybe u1 speeds. It's a 512gb.

12. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    If the SD card is fake, then that might cause issues when running CFW on it.

13. willy101

willy101 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 26, 2006
    What emulators support multiplayer? I heard Reicast does not. How about lakka or retroarch? Also how do I give an NRO full memory usage?

14. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    I started the hack using a 32gb card but now quickly wanna use a 128gb card. Do I need to copy over everything that’s on the 32gb card to the new card? And once it’s installed I can delete the nps file from the folder right?

15. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If you don't have an emuNAND, you can just copy and paste all of the files and folders. Make sure the new SD is FAT32 if your Switch doesn't have exFAT support.

laz305 likes this.
  16. laz305

laz305 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2008
    United States
    emuNAND? Gotta a link? What should be my next step? ReinX? Yeah looks like it is cuz I was able to copy a 16gb file np. So once I boot the fuse.bin as long as I don’t power off and just stay in sleep mode I don’t have to inject it every time I turn on the switch from sleep mode?

17. th3joker

th3joker GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    so im still having a nsp insall issue.

unpatched system 8.1.0 sysnand and emunand. latest sept atmosphere with sig patches. hekate payload.

the nsp files ive dumped and a few from the net will error when trying to install with glodleaf. saying nca invalid. i think its becuase these nsp files have no tickets. if i use a fusee atmosphere bin payload, i boot strait into sysnand no option to boot emunand and the nsp files now install and run fine with goldleaf. why would a different payload bin make it work tho?

18. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    If you don't know what EmuNAND/EmuMMC is, don't worry about it. And yeah, you only need to reinject the payload when you do a proper shutdown. Sleep mode will work just fine.

laz305 likes this.
  19. th3joker

th3joker GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    bump my question, are tickets missing from my cart dumps due to that tickets only come from xci files converted to nsp?

20. jasheem

jasheem Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2019
    Serbia, Republic of
    how to check my current Reinx version? I can't find it anywhere. In settings I can see 6.2, which is switch firmware I assume?