Hipeopeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hipeopeo.tk
XP
Country
United States
Obviously taking out the micro sd mean putting it into a computer and replace the file there, it is not our fault if you don't have a sd card reader, it is easy to understand, my initial comment did said either update via a computer or use the homebrew app store to update ReiNX, beside ReiNX can be buggy I don't know why you even using that, I tried one of the recent build recently had to unplug my battery since it won't boot.
Oh, you don't need to unplug your battery. This even sometimes happens on stock. Hold power and volume for 15 seconds.

What is so annoying about this is that you don't understand that I couldn't boot.

I was planning on downloading Kosmos today, I just needed to be able to boot into the firmware. When I can't do something with the suggested methods (I constantly use my 3DS for microSD transfer, can't right now). I did my research, and you stepped on it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you don't need to unplug your battery. This even sometimes happens on stock. Hold power and volume for 15 seconds.

What is so annoying about this is that you don't understand that I couldn't boot.

I was planning on downloading Kosmos today, I just needed to be able to boot into the firmware. When I can't do something with the suggested methods (I constantly use my 3DS for microSD transfer, can't right now). I did my research, and you stepped on it.

Long story short, I have modchip on my units. Well the 15 seconds method didn't work for me I did try that first, unplugging the battery forced it to shut down and I was able to boot into hekate again, I used Kosmos file but I installed ReiNX from the app store, to use ReiNX you need to change the file in the sept folder. Shouldn't really be using ReiNX unless you want to run into problem, I been using Atmosphere primarily.

Last edited by Hayato213,

Hipeopeo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
hipeopeo.tk
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, I have modchip on my units. Well the 15 seconds method didn't work for me I did try that first, unplugging the battery forced it to shut down and I was able to boot into hekate again, I used Kosmos file but I installed ReiNX from the app store, to use ReiNX you need to change the file in the sept folder. Shouldn't really be using ReiNX unless you want to run into problem, I been using Atmosphere primarily.
Never install ReiNX from the app store.

Pola92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, if I’m playing a NSP game I downloaded on my emummc and I decide to buy the game and play it in my original sysnand is there a safe way to transfer my saves from emummc to sysnand?

G_T_C

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Its not just recommended, its mandatory.

You should at least test to see if it is indeed patched because if its not, none of the following will matter. You can use this o test it out. Anyways, its impossible to say what firmware version an unreleased game will require because its unreleased. Its highly unlikely for it to require a firmware version higher than 7.1 but you should wait until someone confirms the required firmware of the game after you confirm your Switch is patched. If its not patched, firmware is no longer an issue.
Its not just recommended, its mandatory.

You should at least test to see if it is indeed patched because if its not, none of the following will matter. You can use this to test it out. Anyways, its impossible to say what firmware version an unreleased game will require because its unreleased. Its highly unlikely for it to require a firmware version higher than 7.1 but you should wait until someone confirms the required firmware of the game after you confirm your Switch is patched. If its not patched, firmware is no longer an issue.

Hi Draxzelex

Many thanks for your advisement and for the time dedicated replying my questions in such a short period of time

I will do as you say, try to see if the fusee works, in case not I will wait untill the game gets out.

Thanks again !

Reactions: Draxzelex

Azkabazz

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just wanted quick advice

So finally was about to take the plunge and hack my switch, but my serial is xaj4005 and my kid bro updated it to 8.0.1

Is it far too gone (even with a factory reset)
Or will there eventually a hackable option for this?

I've got a lot of BotW saved rather not sell and buy a new one, but guess I'll have to if there's no other alternative.

Thanks in advance

AuRiM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My SD card is formatted in exFat(with emunand etc etc)

if i use ChoiDujourNX for update offline the emunand and choosen Fat32 update, has no problem ?
my card will be formatted to work in fat32??

Sno206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Where are you guys downloading firmware updates from? I am currently on 8.0.0 running atmosphere and want to upgrade to 8.1.0 so I can play my new games, I have ChoiDujourNX for the offline install but just need the firmware.

Amtrix

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I have a Brand New Switch running 4.1.0 and serial XAW1006, i bought the SXOS pro it'll be arriving next week. does it matter if i update or should i wait and install SXOS ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Brand New Switch running 4.1.0 and serial XAW1006, i bought the SXOS pro it'll be arriving next week. does it matter if i update or should i wait and install SXOS ?
If you don't care about being able to downgrade back to 4.1.0 in the future, then you can update normally. If you want to be able to downgrade in the future, you need to install AutoRCM in order to preserve your efuses. You can do that now, or you can wait for your SX to arrive.

To backup a clean nand is there a difference between the Nand Dumper by SX OS or hekate?
Hekate is recommended.

QUA

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Hekate is recommended.
Thanks for the fast response, but Hekate is not updated yet for 8.10 and I feel a little bit inpatient tbh. It was a stupid mistake pressing a when the "a upgrade is ready" box appeared. :glare: And yes, the Switch is an unpatched one.

Does anyone have experience with NxNandManager which has support for current firmware?

mkil5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an older Switch that hasn't been used in a while (FW is not shown for some reason), but it has been months. It is definitely not a patched Switch, I plan on hacking it one day, but all I have done so far is boot into Hekate and get a backup. Now that Mario Maker 2 is coming out, I really want to play it, but keep my hackable status. My question is, would I be able to go from my current FW to a Nintendo OTA update to 8.1 and still be OK to load Atmosphere when the time comes (either get tired of Mario Maker 2, or get a new Switch for online play only since it will likely be a patched version), I am worried about possibly blowing efuses or something that I may not be expecting.

Thanks for the help.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the fast response, but Hekate is not updated yet for 8.10 and I feel a little bit inpatient tbh. It was a stupid mistake pressing a when the "a upgrade is ready" box appeared. :glare: And yes, the Switch is an unpatched one.

Does anyone have experience with NxNandManager which has support for current firmware?
You can backup your NAND using Hekate, even on 8.1.0. To run CFW, however, you need to use something like Atmosphere's fusee-primary.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have an older Switch that hasn't been used in a while (FW is not shown for some reason), but it has been months. It is definitely not a patched Switch, I plan on hacking it one day, but all I have done so far is boot into Hekate and get a backup. Now that Mario Maker 2 is coming out, I really want to play it, but keep my hackable status. My question is, would I be able to go from my current FW to a Nintendo OTA update to 8.1 and still be OK to load Atmosphere when the time comes (either get tired of Mario Maker 2, or get a new Switch for online play only since it will likely be a patched version), I am worried about possibly blowing efuses or something that I may not be expecting.

Thanks for the help.
Yes, Atmosphere 0.9.1 is compatible with 8.1.0. You should always check to make sure Atmosphere is compatible before updating to future Switch versions, however. Atmosphere usually needs to be updated first.

Atmosphere also supports emuNAND now, so you can use online play on a clean sysNAND while doing your hacking/piracy/etc. on an offline emuNAND.

If you don't care about being able to downgrade, then you don't need to worry about efuses. If you do care about being able to downgrade back to whatever you're currently on someday, then you should install AutoRCM so you don't burn efuses.

Reactions: QUA

mkil5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Atmosphere 0.9.1 is compatible with 8.1.0. You should always check to make sure Atmosphere is compatible before updating to future Switch versions, however. Atmosphere usually needs to be updated first.

Atmosphere also supports emuNAND now, so you can use online play on a clean sysNAND while doing your hacking/piracy/etc. on an offline emuNAND.

If you don't care about being able to downgrade, then you don't need to worry about efuses. If you do care about being able to downgrade back to whatever you're currently on someday, then you should install AutoRCM so you don't burn efuses.

Thanks for the response. Would I be correct in saying that if I want to use AutoRCM, I can't burn efuses? I cannot think of a reason I would need to downgrade if the most current version is working??

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. Would I be correct in saying that if I want to use AutoRCM, I can't burn efuses? I cannot think of a reason I would need to downgrade if the most current version is working??
If you have AutoRCM installed, you cannot burn efuses. However, with AutoRCM installed, your Switch will always coldboot into RCM instead of powering on normally. That means if you're powering on the system after it was turned off, you will need to launch a payload from RCM to be able to boot your system at all. For some people, that's a good thing. For other people, that's a bad thing. If you decide to install AutoRCM, you should always put your Switch to sleep when you're not using it.

The only reason to downgrade the Switch is to have access to a future exploit that's better than the RCM exploit. If you're happy using the RCM exploit for the rest of your life, then there won't ever be a reason to downgrade.

Last edited by Lacius,

mkil5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have AutoRCM installed, you cannot burn efuses. However, with AutoRCM installed, your Switch will always coldboot into RCM instead of powering on normally. That means if you're powering on the system after it was turned off, you will need to launch a payload from RCM to be able to boot your system at all. For some people, that's a good thing. For other people, that's a bad thing.

The only reason to downgrade the Switch is to have access to a future exploit that's better than the RCM exploit. If you're happy using the RCM exploit for the rest of your life, then there won't ever be a reason to downgrade.

That makes sense, I do plan on going AutoRCM now. One more question, how would I boot into OFW with AutoRCM? I have only seen methods for Hekate and booting straight into Atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y