Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense, I do plan on going AutoRCM now. One more question, how would I boot into OFW with AutoRCM? I have only seen methods for Hekate and booting straight into Atmosphere.
You will still need to use a bootloader like Hekate to boot OFW with AutoRCM installed.

Mixitrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so i made my emummc on a PNY 128gb and after restoring my nand, i turned off the system to load into my Sysnand, but now the console seems to be dead. Screen is black and holding the power button seems to do nothing

mkil5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will still need to use a bootloader like Hekate to boot OFW with AutoRCM installed.
Thanks, I didn't realize I could boot into OFW through Hekate.

I just booted Hekate (using ctcaer 4.10.1). AutoRCM is listed as other and not dangerous in this version like it previously was. I was able to press launch, then it told me there is no SD card (I have none inserted but I am assuming it is looking for Atmosphere, Reinx, etc). I pressed power to continue and I was at that and was in OFW.

So all I need to do is install AutoRCM, do a system update from Nintendo servers, and I am good to go, I can play Mario Maker and be ready to go to CFW at any time I am ready.

Just want to make sure I am not missing any thing. Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate it!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I didn't realize I could boot into OFW through Hekate.

I just booted Hekate (using ctcaer 4.10.1). AutoRCM is listed as other and not dangerous in this version like it previously was. I was able to press launch, then it told me there is no SD card (I have none inserted but I am assuming it is looking for Atmosphere, Reinx, etc). I pressed power to continue and I was at that and was in OFW.

So all I need to do is install AutoRCM, do a system update from Nintendo servers, and I am good to go, I can play Mario Maker and be ready to go to CFW at any time I am ready.

Just want to make sure I am not missing any thing. Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate it!
There are two ways for you to update to 8.1.0:
  1. Update normally while using Atmosphere. If you're not using Atmosphere when you update, then AutoRCM will be overwritten, and you will burn your efuses.
  2. Run Atmosphere and use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.1.0, reinstalling AutoRCM in the process.

mkil5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two ways for you to update to 8.1.0:
  1. Update normally while using Atmosphere. If you're not using Atmosphere when you update, then AutoRCM will be overwritten, and you will burn your efuses.
  2. Run Atmosphere and use the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX to update to 8.1.0, reinstalling AutoRCM in the process.
Thanks, that makes sense. While using only Atmosphere, am I safe from a ban? I had avoided booting into it just to be safe, since I am not sure what constitutes a ban.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that makes sense. While using only Atmosphere, am I safe from a ban? I had avoided booting into it just to be safe, since I am not sure what constitutes a ban.
Merely launching Atmosphere to update your system is unlikely to get you banned, but it's your risk to take. If you're paranoid, then you might be better off forgetting about preserving your efuses.

Anthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello friends there is no hacking yet, my Nintendo Switch, someone could send me to the Devil 3 weapons and rings and Wings Hack ..
I share my Friend Code:
SW-1130-9190-4068

quantex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm trying to run homebrew on my switch.

I enter in RCM, when I go to System Setting it show Current System version 7.0.1 (AMS 0.9.1)
But when I go to the Album it say there aren't any screenshot.
I format card multiple times in FAT32.

One other question, when I format with exFAT it ask-me to update, how can I update my switch
console to support exFAT without changing firmware version.

Thanks in advance.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just updated them and it all works perfectly now! Thanks again. Didn't realize I needed those lol... Also what are TEGRA keys used for? I am not able to get them or know if I need them.. Just something I was wondering about. Though I am still able to convert xci. to nsp..

Did u have to get update game files for all games to work?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have can I check where I already installed my game updates to?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm trying to run homebrew on my switch.

I enter in RCM, when I go to System Setting it show Current System version 7.0.1 (AMS 0.9.1)
But when I go to the Album it say there aren't any screenshot.
I format card multiple times in FAT32.

One other question, when I format with exFAT it ask-me to update, how can I update my switch
console to support exFAT without changing firmware version.

Thanks in advance.
You need to hold the R button when you launch the album.

To use an SD card formatted as exFAT, you need to either update to install exFAT support (which will change your system version), or you need to use ChoiDujourNX to install exFAT support. Using ChoiDujourNX allows you to add exFAT support without changing your system version.

Reactions: quantex

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
meh , i hit update again by mistake , wich bring me to a question , once it has updated , why do i get an error even if i have put the latest atmosphere files .
Make sure you are using atmosphere-0.9.1-master-241b8f46, and make sure you are launching Atmosphere using fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere on the releases page).

quantex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to hold the R button when you launch the album.

To use an SD card formatted as exFAT, you need to either update to install exFAT support (which will change your system version), or you need to use ChoiDujourNX to install exFAT support. Using ChoiDujourNX allows you to add exFAT support without changing your system version.

Thanks for quick reply

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just read about games not working when updating emunand 8.0.1 with sx os and them having all to be reinstalled is this the case still? Do I need to save my game data? Any maybe reinstall a load of games?

Last edited by Zap2000,

mkil5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Merely launching Atmosphere to update your system is unlikely to get you banned, but it's your risk to take. If you're paranoid, then you might be better off forgetting about preserving your efuses.
Thanks for all of the help, I really appreciate it. I have ordered a second Switch tablet, so after a week or so, I won't care too much if my current one is banned, but I was just paranoid enough to want to play Mario Maker for a little while before it arrives.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question time—I ran Atmos (pre-Emunand) and installed NSPs on my switch. I then restored my clean and backup, set up emunand and I haven't connected to the internet since. Is it relatively safe for me to connect to the net on OFW? I want to redownload some legit eShop purchases.
If you restored a clean NAND backup, then its safe to boot into the NAND that is clean as long as the NAND dump is still clean.

is there a way to update my original smash bros game (and maybe buy and download dlc) to latest game version on my clean virgin ofw sysnand, without updating the whole sysnand beyond 4.0.1?
The only way is to setup emuMMC, update it to the latest firmware, then download everything online.

From my situation if I want to install NSPs in the easiest way (or xci) you still suggest to use ReiNX? or atmosphere? and how hard is to brick the switch?
With ReiNX, is it easiest to install .NSP files. There are very few tools that can install .XCI files so it is better to convert them to .NSP format with a tool like 4NXCI. And it is both easy yet hard to brick the Switch. But if you have a NAND backup, you can recover from 99% of all bricks.

Hi,

Looking at getting a bigger micro SD. Is there certain makes that work/don’t work? Am I right that the biggest that will work is 128gb? Also, is it just the case of transferring all the files from the old sd to the new one?

Thanks!
Unless you are on a MacOS or Windows 10 computer, you can just transfer the files from one SD card to another. And the Switch supports up to 2 TB.

Hello everyone, if I’m playing a NSP game I downloaded on my emummc and I decide to buy the game and play it in my original sysnand is there a safe way to transfer my saves from emummc to sysnand?
No.

Hi just wanted quick advice

So finally was about to take the plunge and hack my switch, but my serial is xaj4005 and my kid bro updated it to 8.0.1

Is it far too gone (even with a factory reset)
Or will there eventually a hackable option for this?

I've got a lot of BotW saved rather not sell and buy a new one, but guess I'll have to if there's no other alternative.

Thanks in advance
If it is patched, you should sell it and/or buy a new console. If its unpatched, you can still hack it.

My SD card is formatted in exFat(with emunand etc etc)

if i use ChoiDujourNX for update offline the emunand and choosen Fat32 update, has no problem ?
my card will be formatted to work in fat32??
No, you always need to apply the exFAT update when using ChoiDujourNX if your SD card is formatted to exFAT.

I just read about games not working when updating emunand 8.0.1 with sx os and them having all to be reinstalled is this the case still? Do I need to save my game data? Any maybe reinstall a load of games?
I haven't heard anything like that but sounds like its an issue with SX OS. There is nothing wrong with keeping a copy of your save data but you may have to reinstall your games if your SD card becomes corrupted which can happen if it is formatted to exFAT.

Mixitrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've tried turning on the switch with the suggested online methods (holding down the button for X amount of time, pressing the power button a couple of times, etc) and still nothing. Any idea what it could be? It was literally working fantastically, and after turning it off it just wont turn back on

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've tried turning on the switch with the suggested online methods (holding down the button for X amount of time, pressing the power button a couple of times, etc) and still nothing. Any idea what it could be? It was literally working fantastically, and after turning it off it just wont turn back on
Do you remember what firmware your clean NAND backup was on? If not, you can check with this tool. The next question is do you remember the fuse count of your console? If you do, you can compare the fuse count of your console with the firmware of your NAND backup here. If you do not remember your fuse count, what was the last firmware you updated to and how did you update to it? Did you use AutoRCM?

Mixitrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you remember what firmware your clean NAND backup was on? If not, you can check with this tool. The next question is do you remember the fuse count of your console? If you do, you can compare the fuse count of your console with the firmware of your NAND backup here. If you do not remember your fuse count, what was the last firmware you updated to and how did you update to it? Did you use AutoRCM?

My NAND backup is 8.0.1, and when I restored it, my switch was in 8.1.0 which i updated through regular nintendo. And i did not have AutoRCM enabled, I doubt anything i put into my switch changed the settings but I never enabled it in the first place.
I do not know my fuse count :/

EDIT: Ok so I managed to go into RCM mode by holding the button for 10-15sec, then releasing the button and pressing? it again along with the Vol. Up key, and TegraRcmGUI picked it up and i managed inject fusee. But how do I reboot into Sysnand?

Last edited by Mixitrion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place