SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. G_T_C

G_T_C Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 27, 2019
    Portugal
    Hi all:)

Apologies for the following dumb questions,

This is my first portable console and I would like to have cfw mostlyto run backups

i just got a nintendo that it was offered to me, i can see that the serial is under the orange serial sign, which probably means that it is pacthed

Additoanlly the switch is currently on firmware 7.0.1 and untill I have the release of cfw i do not want to update to firmware higher than this )as already advised if i get over 8.0.0 probably i will never be able to get cfw)

If i am not mistaken this should hacked on a forseable future trough deja vu process righ ? ( I think that yesterday it was released the update for consoles patched up untill firmware 4.0.1)

one last question and this is the one that led me to bother you all with this...

While i wait for the new release in order to have cfw on software 7.0.1, can I buy marvel black order that comes out next month ? Would i need to update the switch in order to play such game ? ( or this would be required only if I wanted to update game version ?)

Many thanks in advance
    Kind regards
    G

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Its not just recommended, its mandatory.

You should at least test to see if it is indeed patched because if its not, none of the following will matter. You can use this tutorial to test it out. Anyways, its impossible to say what firmware version an unreleased game will require because its unreleased. Its highly unlikely for it to require a firmware version higher than 7.1 but you should wait until someone confirms the required firmware of the game after you confirm your Switch is patched. If its not patched, firmware is no longer an issue.

G_T_C and NANASHI89 like this.
  3. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I need some help with something. I'm new to Switch hacking. I've been studying how it's done for a couple months now and I know I have a Switch that's vulnerable to fusee gelee ( I bought it February of last year brand new, it was stocked with FW 4.1.0). I thought I would give it a shot and the first thing I wanted to do was make a nand backup, so I tried to push the latest Hekate payload using TegraRCMSmash. It didn't work and now I just get a black screen and it doesn't look like my Switch even turns on. How do I fix this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

4. AuRiM

AuRiM Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2019
    Brazil
    Which allocation is better for SD 256gb exfat, 32kb or 64kb ??

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Perform a manual shutdown (basically holding the Power button for 12 seconds).

Don't use exFAT as it has a chance to corrupt your SD card and carries no benefits compared to FAT32 which does not corrupt your SD card. For FAT32, you can format it to 32KB.

6. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States

Last edited by Blaze Uchiha, Jun 27, 2019
  7. Zephir1991

Zephir1991 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 21, 2012
    Germany
    Is there a chance to save my ipatched switch? It was on fw 4.1 - And I've installed atmosphere and the hbl. But stupid me updated the console through ChoiDujourNX.
    Now its 8.1 - and atmosphere won't load anymore. Thought the cfw would stay, once it was "installed".
    Is there anything I could do? Still got the stuff I needed to dump thanks to the guide.

8. Demon1982

Demon1982 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 17, 2019
    United Kingdom

Draxzelex likes this.
  9. rick191

rick191 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2015
    United States
    I did a backup of my NAND a while ago when I think my console was on 3.0.2 and I want to know if it is possible to find out for sure which firmware the NAND backup is on without having to restore it?

10. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    At that point, you should sell your console.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/firmware-version-inspector-get-fw-version-from-nand-dump.515308/

rick191 likes this.
  11. stylo

stylo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    United States
    Hey guys, thanks for having a place to ask these noob questions.
    Which switch should I buy? Are there any bundles on the shelf I should go grab? Does it even matter because there is some kind of mod I can buy that works for any Switch?
    I just want to go buy one and tinker, you know?

12. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Look for the serial number, RCMable one you need to get one that isn't patched, patched unit can't use the fusee gelee exploit. As for patched unit cfw support up to 4.1.0 firmware via pegascape.

Last edited by Hayato213, Jun 27, 2019
    stylo likes this.
  13. ColinMacLaren

ColinMacLaren Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Chemnitz, Germany
    The SD card was brand new, but I may try it again by starting from scratch. The SDCard itself was a sealed SANDISK 400GB, bought directly from a Germany-based, reliable, well known electronics mail oder company.

The games, where I am not able to dump the updates don't fail to dum it, it just does not offer it from the first place.

14. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    Question time—I ran Atmos (pre-Emunand) and installed NSPs on my switch. I then restored my clean and backup, set up emunand and I haven't connected to the internet since. Is it relatively safe for me to connect to the net on OFW? I want to redownload some legit eShop purchases.

15. 1alien1

1alien1 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2013
    Gambia, The
    is there a way to update my original smash bros game (and maybe buy and download dlc) to latest game version on my clean virgin ofw sysnand, without updating the whole sysnand beyond 4.0.1?

16. alex2196

alex2196 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    Italy
    From my situation if I want to install NSPs in the easiest way (or xci) you still suggest to use ReiNX? or atmosphere? and how hard is to brick the switch?

17. LoganVirusX

LoganVirusX GBAtemp Regular

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    just updated to 8.0.1 with ChoiDujorNX and im able to get the Hekate bin to boot but it ends up turning off my system after I see the Sept screen. Did I do something wrong?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

turns out I had to boot from fusee-primary.bin after i updated the atmosphere.. does this mean i cannot boot Hekate anymore?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

i also notice that NONE of my games will start now since i updated to 8.0.1.. they all say they are unable to start? What is causing this?

18. ReannaN

ReannaN GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2016
    Hi,

Looking at getting a bigger micro SD. Is there certain makes that work/don’t work? Am I right that the biggest that will work is 128gb? Also, is it just the case of transferring all the files from the old sd to the new one?

Thanks!

19. hdhani

hdhani Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Thank you, very useful information to know - I've learnt a lot already. Maybe I'll try to do this without burning fuses using your hekate method (although I don't really understand your explanation so might just opt for ChoiDujourNX since I won't play online anyway).

Last edited by hdhani, Jun 27, 2019
  20. Hanekawa

Hanekawa Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 20, 2019
    Japan
    Neko Paradise
    Do you have the correct sig patch?