Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

BlueCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the advice in this thread. I have a fusee vulnerable system on 4.1.0 and I have ordered a sx pro to use as a payload injector. It won't ship till the 15th though :/

I have backed up my system nand/emmc to 64gb sd card with hekate with my pc to inject the payloads. I plan to use SX OS with a 512GB microsd card and emunand. My card won't get here till tomorrow and sx pro much later.

I think I want to use ChoidujourNX to update without burning my fuses. Should I update original nand firmware without burning the fuses or should I want them burned? I would like to go to 7.0.1 for compatibility reasons. I don't plan to really go online any time soon but want to keep my internal system as clean as possible.

Can I use some homebrew and atomsphere now till I get my sx pro and os license without worrying about messing up my internal firmware? I would like to get some experience with the free/open solutions first because I prefer them. I really wanted the emunand and usb hdd features of sx os.

I kinda want to play with homebrew now while I wait on the sx pro. I don't want to cause problems with taking my console possibly online in the future though. How would you proceed if you were me?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the things working on 7.0.1 and not on 8.0.1 for unpatched switch users?
Some themes don't work on 8.X which have to be reinstalled. Other applications like sys-clk or emuiibo don't work on 8.X unless you're using the latest version. And there may be other examples that I'm either forgetting or not listed. Best practice is to never be on the latest firmware unless you absolutely need to be on it.

Thanks for all the advice in this thread. I have a fusee vulnerable system on 4.1.0 and I have ordered a sx pro to use as a payload injector. It won't ship till the 15th though :/

I have backed up my system nand/emmc to 64gb sd card with hekate with my pc to inject the payloads. I plan to use SX OS with a 512GB microsd card and emunand. My card won't get here till tomorrow and sx pro much later.

I think I want to use ChoidujourNX to update without burning my fuses. Should I update original nand firmware without burning the fuses or should I want them burned? I would like to go to 7.0.1 for compatibility reasons. I don't plan to really go online any time soon but want to keep my internal system as clean as possible.

Can I use some homebrew and atomsphere now till I get my sx pro and os license without worrying about messing up my internal firmware? I would like to get some experience with the free/open solutions first because I prefer them. I really wanted the emunand and usb hdd features of sx os.

I kinda want to play with homebrew now while I wait on the sx pro. I don't want to cause problems with taking my console possibly online in the future though. How would you proceed if you were me?
Its better to update without burning fuses as your NAND backup is currently clean which is good if you want to go online. Restoring that NAND backup will downgrade your firmware and reset whatever content you have installed but it will be useful when your SX Pro finally arrives. You can do whatever you want with CFW now, restore your NAND backup, then create an EmuNAND partition.

FROMM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has the game card controller fw been updated ever again past 4.0?

Your post in the thread ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch was deleted. Reason: Don't post the same thing in multiple places please

it's a post, not a thread.. and this is 630 pages.. if I don't get a reply I won't ever! you keep this and you delete the important one?

Last edited by FROMM,

Markota

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, help me.

How I change date and time in Homebrew menu?

In Homebrew menu my time is wrong, The time is now 3 hours ago.

I use atmosphere.

BlueCop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some themes don't work on 8.X which have to be reinstalled. Other applications like sys-clk or emuiibo don't work on 8.X unless you're using the latest version. And there may be other examples that I'm either forgetting or not listed. Best practice is to never be on the latest firmware unless you absolutely need to be on it.

Its better to update without burning fuses as your NAND backup is currently clean which is good if you want to go online. Restoring that NAND backup will downgrade your firmware and reset whatever content you have installed but it will be useful when your SX Pro finally arrives. You can do whatever you want with CFW now, restore your NAND backup, then create an EmuNAND partition.

Thanks. Is AutoRCM required permanently to keep fuses safe if I upgrade with ChoidujourNX? As I understand it the firmware will burn the fuses on bootup. Does this mean I must always use a payload to start if I use ChoidujourNX to upgrade and want to keep my fuses?

Also I was thinking of doing the 4.1.0 exfat update on my 4.1.0 stock firmware. Is that safe from a fuses perspective?

Last edited by BlueCop,

JustKasto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone! I have some dumb question that i hope you can answer.

I want to update my Switch (its on 6.2.0 with 0.8.3 ams and not patched unit). I saw that i can do it following this tutorial (the one that is linked on this topic) https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualupgrade . So here are my question:

1- On the Preparing section files, it says: "You need to locate the firmware binaries for the firmware version you want to downgrade to." I guess its the same if you are trying to update, isnt it?
2- I read some time ago that, if your battery die with the AutoRCM enabled, you couldnt turn it again (i read that it was fake too) Is that true?
3- Which version would you recommend to update to?(I'm not thinking of "installing" Deja Vu btw)
4- Last one. I saw in a one site "(hint: darthsternie)" that there arent the latest ofw. Is that because they havent been dump?

Thank you in advance!

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PPSSPP is finally supported on Switch RetroArch but it crashes whenever I try to launch any .isos. Why is this?
I can only get Playstation and Sega Saturn abondware to play... yet the games are so slow, how do I speed it up since once you're in the game there's no way to get back to Retro Arch to adjust settings? What are the optimal settings?

And I've also seen people with Reicast being able to play on Switch but can't find it anywhere to DL unless just ransfer over wirelessly or something...?

elohim1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry, but I still have some doubts about how the use between emunand and sysnand works.
Let me explain my situation:

1- Emunand on file;
2- Sysnand clean (I hope...);
3- Two original games on cartridge;
4- One no... (nsp installed).

When I load the switch on sysnand, on the home page I find the nsp installed. Is it normal? I expected not to see it! I thought that loading the sysnand what I do on the emeund was not seen? Why? Who can explain me?

Thank you!

Sarah1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, 2 questions.

I recently received a game specific ban for Splatoon 2 on my switch. The error code is 2421-4607 and I still have access to all other internet features like the eshop and other online games. I was wondering since I still have internet access if I could simply transfer my save data from my banned console to the new one, I'm hoping that if I do so I won't get banned because I'm using the same account when I play Splatoon 2 again. I'm hoping to get a few opinions just to be sure because there are some other games i have downloaded that I'd like to play.

I also have a cartridge version of botw that i played on the old switch and account. If I use this on my new switch it should be perfectly fine right? Sorry this one is probably really stupid but i want to be sure

Habibou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am on firmware 2.3.0 (using all the latest releases of all and everything) and everytime i try to launch atmosphere i have a blackscreen and when i try to launch reinx i have the message : failed to init sd card
can someone give some advice??
Thank you

How big is the SD card?

Please I tried 64 and 16 gigs the two were formated to Fat32
I tried Reinx and Atmosphere and both didnt work

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone! I have some dumb question that i hope you can answer.

I want to update my Switch (its on 6.2.0 with 0.8.3 ams and not patched unit). I saw that i can do it following this tutorial (the one that is linked on this topic) https://guide.sdsetup.com/usingcfw/manualupgrade . So here are my question:

1- On the Preparing section files, it says: "You need to locate the firmware binaries for the firmware version you want to downgrade to." I guess its the same if you are trying to update, isnt it?
2- I read some time ago that, if your battery die with the AutoRCM enabled, you couldnt turn it again (i read that it was fake too) Is that true?
3- Which version would you recommend to update to?(I'm not thinking of "installing" Deja Vu btw)
4- Last one. I saw in a one site "(hint: darthsternie)" that there arent the latest ofw. Is that because they havent been dump?

Thank you in advance!
  1. Updating/downgrading is the same procedure. A more accurate phrase would be "firmware installation" rather than downgrading or upgrading
  2. You can always charge it with or without AutoRCM but the battery should not be dying in the first place because that's bad for its health
  3. The latest firmware is usually a bit unstable as all homebrew applications need to be updated to work on it. I recommend updating to 7.0.1
  4. All sites should have even the latest firmware files dumped

Sorry, but I still have some doubts about how the use between emunand and sysnand works.

1- Emunand on file;

When I load the switch on sysnand, on the home page I find the nsp installed. Is it normal? I expected not to see it! I thought that loading the sysnand what I do on the emeund was not seen? Why? Who can explain me?

Thank you!
Do you have Nintendo and Emutendo folders on your SD card?

Hi there, 2 questions.

I recently received a game specific ban for Splatoon 2 on my switch. The error code is 2421-4607 and I still have access to all other internet features like the eshop and other online games. I was wondering since I still have internet access if I could simply transfer my save data from my banned console to the new one, I'm hoping that if I do so I won't get banned because I'm using the same account when I play Splatoon 2 again. I'm hoping to get a few opinions just to be sure because there are some other games i have downloaded that I'd like to play.

I also have a cartridge version of botw that i played on the old switch and account. If I use this on my new switch it should be perfectly fine right? Sorry this one is probably really stupid but i want to be sure
Since you're banned from Splatoon 2 only, that means they know about your save data so transferring that is just asking for another ban. I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied to the save data. I personally wouldn't even risk touching the save data from the banned game so to be as safe as possible, just restart your save data. To put it another way, what is worth more to you; the ability to play Splatoon 2 online or your progress?

Please I tried 64 and 16 gigs the two were formated to Fat32
I tried Reinx and Atmosphere and both didnt work
There is a possibility something is wrong with your micro SD card reader slot. Try following the suggestions in this thread to see if the symptoms match and if they do, will require you to send your console for repair to Nintendo.

KingHippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Wanted to thank everyone for their help so far, switch is up an running NSPs and looking good
2) Was hoping to get some help with retroarch. I'm running into a number of issues

First off, I'm running Retroarch 1.77 on SX OS 2.7.1 on a switch w/ FW 8.0.1

Custom Roms
Trying to add some custom SNES/NES roms to my library and cant get them to show up. I can however see them and play them individually. I've done some searching and it seems that custom/patched roms and foreign roms have issues but can be displayed unfortunately I could not find the instructions to add them.

Adding Games after Initial Scan

So this seems is weird. I scanned in my initial SNES/NES roms w/o much issue. I decided to add a few more games and added the roms to the same folder but when I try to add them individually they wont add... The are visible and playable... I will probably end up wiping and re-adding everything all at once but hoping to avoid this in the future (note these are not custom roms)

Thumbnails
Having issues getting thumbnails to display for all games. I downloaded a boxart thumbnail pack and it wokrs for the majority of the games. Trying to clean up the stragglers without much luck. I've replaced games with the "&" with "_" but hasn't fixed resolved the issue
On my mac I've used the thumbnail updater which works great but I tried the updater on the switch but is glitchy and the download stops mid way (seen a few posts on it and it seems common). I was going to move the thumbs from my desktop to my switch but the folder structure is diff (no thumbnail folder) and i cant seem to find the files.

N64
Ive downloaded the muPen64 emulator and scanned my N64 directory w/ .7z files. It scans all of them but none are added. I also can not open the files or play them individually. I've done some searching and it seems that in the previous version of retroarch you needed to run it off of a NSP to get N64 to work. Is that still the case? If so I cant find any NSPs for retroarch 1.77
* a piggyback question, anyone get modded/custom N64 games running on the switch/retroarch? The ones I'm familiar with run on Project 64 and are more complex then the simple patched rom process for SNES and NES games...

Thanks in advance any help would be aprreciated

elohim1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

1. Sorry, but I still have some doubts about how the use between emunand and sysnand works.

1- Emunand on file;

Thank you!
Do you have Nintendo and Emutendo folders on your SD card?

Yes, I've both. They was created automatically.

Last edited by elohim1,

Sarah1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah okay, thanks drax! So my final thing is, most of my games are downloaded on my switch, with splatoon included. If I delete the save data in Splatoon and start over, then do a transfer, do I run a high risk of being banned. I'm not sure if they check the account associated with the game to decide on bans again and if they do then I'll just get a new game and make a new account

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ah okay, thanks drax! So my final thing is, most of my games are downloaded on my switch, with splatoon included. If I delete the save data in Splatoon and start over, then do a transfer, do I run a high risk of being banned. I'm not sure if they check the account associated with the game to decide on bans again and if they do then I'll just get a new game and make a new account

I'm thinking now that maybe I can make a new account with a new copy of splatoon 2, just to play online there, and then transfer my old ID in order to get my other downloaded games and just not touch splatoon 2 there at all, and hopefully everything is good?

gavinfriday69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
I have the SXPRO dongle and so far I've got everything working up to emunand. I have got a bunch of xci files that show up in the album section. When I go over to the installer I also see nsp files cartridge screenart.
Some nsp files I got where DLC content from Mario+rabbids (with a different name given presented at download.. but with the correct ID) The files show up as white images.. without the cartridge art. When I open up sx installer.. I can't see any update or DLC nsp.
Is it because the names are different than the Original games? Or the file names too long (max 64?) but some or less long? Or should I do/check something else

for instance .. these nsp files
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle [010067300059A800]
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Donkey Kong Adventure [010067300059B004][v131072]
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Steampunk Pack [010067300059B002][v0]
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Ultra Challenge Pack [010067300059B003][v65536]

Yoku's Island Express [UPD][010002d00632e800][v131072] -> this is only 54characters long but does not show up

Any help would be nice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)