SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by epickid37, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Sarah1995

Sarah1995 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    Canada
    Hi there, 2 questions.

I recently received a game specific ban for Splatoon 2 on my switch. The error code is 2421-4607 and I still have access to all other internet features like the eshop and other online games. I was wondering since I still have internet access if I could simply transfer my save data from my banned console to the new one, I'm hoping that if I do so I won't get banned because I'm using the same account when I play Splatoon 2 again. I'm hoping to get a few opinions just to be sure because there are some other games i have downloaded that I'd like to play.

I also have a cartridge version of botw that i played on the old switch and account. If I use this on my new switch it should be perfectly fine right? Sorry this one is probably really stupid but i want to be sure

2. Habibou

Habibou Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2019
    France
    Please I tried 64 and 16 gigs the two were formated to Fat32
    I tried Reinx and Atmosphere and both didnt work

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. Updating/downgrading is the same procedure. A more accurate phrase would be "firmware installation" rather than downgrading or upgrading
    2. You can always charge it with or without AutoRCM but the battery should not be dying in the first place because that's bad for its health
    3. The latest firmware is usually a bit unstable as all homebrew applications need to be updated to work on it. I recommend updating to 7.0.1
    4. All sites should have even the latest firmware files dumped

Do you have Nintendo and Emutendo folders on your SD card?

Since you're banned from Splatoon 2 only, that means they know about your save data so transferring that is just asking for another ban. I wouldn't be surprised if it was tied to the save data. I personally wouldn't even risk touching the save data from the banned game so to be as safe as possible, just restart your save data. To put it another way, what is worth more to you; the ability to play Splatoon 2 online or your progress?

There is a possibility something is wrong with your micro SD card reader slot. Try following the suggestions in this thread to see if the symptoms match and if they do, will require you to send your console for repair to Nintendo.

JustKasto and elohim1 like this.
  4. KingHippo

KingHippo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 29, 2019
    United States
    1) Wanted to thank everyone for their help so far, switch is up an running NSPs and looking good
    2) Was hoping to get some help with retroarch. I'm running into a number of issues

First off, I'm running Retroarch 1.77 on SX OS 2.7.1 on a switch w/ FW 8.0.1

Custom Roms
    Trying to add some custom SNES/NES roms to my library and cant get them to show up. I can however see them and play them individually. I've done some searching and it seems that custom/patched roms and foreign roms have issues but can be displayed unfortunately I could not find the instructions to add them.

Adding Games after Initial Scan

So this seems is weird. I scanned in my initial SNES/NES roms w/o much issue. I decided to add a few more games and added the roms to the same folder but when I try to add them individually they wont add... The are visible and playable... I will probably end up wiping and re-adding everything all at once but hoping to avoid this in the future (note these are not custom roms)

Thumbnails
    Having issues getting thumbnails to display for all games. I downloaded a boxart thumbnail pack and it wokrs for the majority of the games. Trying to clean up the stragglers without much luck. I've replaced games with the "&" with "_" but hasn't fixed resolved the issue
    On my mac I've used the thumbnail updater which works great but I tried the updater on the switch but is glitchy and the download stops mid way (seen a few posts on it and it seems common). I was going to move the thumbs from my desktop to my switch but the folder structure is diff (no thumbnail folder) and i cant seem to find the files.

N64
    Ive downloaded the muPen64 emulator and scanned my N64 directory w/ .7z files. It scans all of them but none are added. I also can not open the files or play them individually. I've done some searching and it seems that in the previous version of retroarch you needed to run it off of a NSP to get N64 to work. Is that still the case? If so I cant find any NSPs for retroarch 1.77
    * a piggyback question, anyone get modded/custom N64 games running on the switch/retroarch? The ones I'm familiar with run on Project 64 and are more complex then the simple patched rom process for SNES and NES games...

Thanks in advance any help would be aprreciated

5. elohim1

elohim1 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 11, 2019
    Italy
    Yes, I've both. They was created automatically.

Last edited by elohim1, May 14, 2019
  6. Sarah1995

Sarah1995 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2019
    Canada
    Ah okay, thanks drax! So my final thing is, most of my games are downloaded on my switch, with splatoon included. If I delete the save data in Splatoon and start over, then do a transfer, do I run a high risk of being banned. I'm not sure if they check the account associated with the game to decide on bans again and if they do then I'll just get a new game and make a new account

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm thinking now that maybe I can make a new account with a new copy of splatoon 2, just to play online there, and then transfer my old ID in order to get my other downloaded games and just not touch splatoon 2 there at all, and hopefully everything is good?

7. gavinfriday69

gavinfriday69 Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2019
    Belgium
    Hello,
    I have the SXPRO dongle and so far I've got everything working up to emunand. I have got a bunch of xci files that show up in the album section. When I go over to the installer I also see nsp files cartridge screenart.
    Some nsp files I got where DLC content from Mario+rabbids (with a different name given presented at download.. but with the correct ID) The files show up as white images.. without the cartridge art. When I open up sx installer.. I can't see any update or DLC nsp.
    Is it because the names are different than the Original games? Or the file names too long (max 64?) but some or less long? Or should I do/check something else

for instance .. these nsp files
    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle [010067300059A800]
    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Donkey Kong Adventure [010067300059B004][v131072]
    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Steampunk Pack [010067300059B002][v0]
    Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Ultra Challenge Pack [010067300059B003][v65536]

Yoku's Island Express [UPD][010002d00632e800][v131072] -> this is only 54characters long but does not show up

Any help would be nice

8. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ リザードン

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Try to short the name of the files. If that still doesn't work, try to download from other provider.

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Did you install any .NSP files in SysNAND and/or before creating EmuNAND?

Your account should be fine. Bans associated with the same accounts are rare if non-existent.

10. er3eroMKII

er3eroMKII Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 14, 2018
    Brazil
    a few questions:
    1st I need to clarify that i only use my switch to play backups and i dont pretend to go online.
    I use SX OS, both sys and emuNAND on 6.2.0. I use SX Installer to bypass fw requirements (tinfoil if SXOS loose suport someday), so, will I ever have the need to update?
    In the case that I'd need to update (let's say sx installer and tinfoil fw bypass stop working), should i update only my emuNAND?
    And lastly, let's say that I do something wrong, corrupt something, mess up my emuNAND idk. Considering that I'm always on my emuNAND, in the worst case scenario, formating my sd would solve the problem?
    thanks in advance

11. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Yes, there are firmware requirements in games, updates, DLC, etc. that simply cannot be bypassed which will require you to update your firmware. In which case, you would update the NAND partition that you want to play the game in whether its SysNAND or EmuNAND. And if EmuNAND ever gets corrupted, you would restore an old backup of EmuNAND which will depend on which type you are using. It would also be a good idea to backup the Emutendo folder as that contains all installed content for EmuNAND. Not to mention the Nintendo folder and a NAND backup for SysNAND if something goes awry there.

12. Hayro

Hayro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2016
    France
    Hello guys, I'm new in the Switch hack scene and have a few questions.
    I got a SX OS license and I'm gonna start their tutorial.
    old model Switch on lastest firmware : 8.0.1

1) How do I backup my NAND?
    Should I use Hekate's payload or SX OS NAND backup software?

2) When do I backup my NAND?
    Before creating an EmuNAND or after?

3) Should I disable Sleep mode?

4) Can I remove the USB cable once the Switch booted into CFW or does it always need to be tether?

5) What happens if you launch a legit game cartridge in Stealth mode on CFW?
    Meaning it's offline, what's the danger? Is the cartridge tainted after that by CFW?

13. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    1. I recommend using Hekate as unlike SX OS, Hekate can verify the NAND backup you made
    2. The order doesn't matter unless you install EmuNAND to internal memory
    3. This is down to personal preference although sleep mode is very handy
    4. The USB cable can be removed once you send the payload
    5. There are no ill effects towards launching legitimate games in CFW mode

Hayro likes this.
  14. Hayro

Hayro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2016
    France
    Fast and clear answer, thanks Draxzelex.

Draxzelex likes this.
  15. Glasses_Jacket_Goon

Glasses_Jacket_Goon Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Hello! Switch Hacking amatuer here,

So I recently updated to Atmosphere 0.8.9 on my cfw 7.0.1 Switch due to recurring startup crashes. The update fixed the boot up crashes but when I try to open previously installed nsps it gives me an error saying “Unable to start software. Return to the HOME Menu and try again.”

Out of my library of nsps the only ones that work are:
    Super Smash bros Ultimate v3.0.0
    Saints Row The Third v1.0.0
    Fit Boxing v1.0.0
    New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe v1.0.0
    Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu v1.0.0
    Megaman 11 v1.0.1

I have the exefs and kip patches from SDSetup in my atmosphere folder and I’ve already ran LockpickRCM on my Switch.

Tl;dr
    I updated to atmosphere 0.8.9 on cfw 7.0.1, now MOST previously installed nsps are no longer working when they were working prior to the update.
    What did I do wrong? What files do I need?

Please help! Thank you!

16. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Are you booting Atmosphere via Fusee or Hekate? If you are booting via Hekate and they aren't working, those games most likely need the ACID patch which Hekate doesn't support so you will have to either use ReiNX or boot Atmosphere via Fusee. If you are booting via Fusee, the patches on SDSetup are for booting via Hekate not Fusee. For booting via Fusee, you need these patches. If you are still experiencing issues, your SD card may be corrupted if you are using exFAT in which case I highly recommend reformatting the SD card to FAT32 which also means you'll have to reinstall all of your corrupted games. If you don't want to reformat, try another CFW like ReiNX to see if the issue persists.

17. ROMANREIGNS599

ROMANREIGNS599 GBAtemp Fan

May 6, 2017
    United States
    What’s up so “Press and hold volume + on boot to load CFW or OFW depending on what you have autobooting” is for SX OS or not? And does atmosphere work with Switches after June 18?

What’s up
    man?

Aeeyy yo wassup man?

18. Glasses_Jacket_Goon

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Thank you for the help, I was booting hekate but when I started to boot fusee the only nsps I can open were the same ones listed, is there anything I’m doing wrong? Where do device.keys and prod.keys go (if they’re needed)? If nothing else works I’ll try ReiNX and if that doesnt work either I’ll wipe my SD and format it to FAT32 because my SD card is formatted to exfat

19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Keys aren't needed here. You also didn't indicate whether you used the patches from the thread I linked when you booted via Fusee. And since your SD card is formatted as exFAT, its possible your SD card was corrupted which also corrupted any games you installed to the SD card.

20. Glasses_Jacket_Goon

Newcomer
    May 14, 2019
    United States
    Sorry I didnt indicate which sig patches I was using, I was already using the sig patches you linked me as I found them prior to posting on this thread. And if my SD card is corrupted, how come the listed games are the only ones that work? At first I thought it was because they’re base games but it wasnt the case for SSBU or MM11. Will the working nsps soon stop working?