Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello :yayswitch:
I've got an error like this booting with Hekate after sd change: "[FatFS] Error: NOFAT Failed to mount SD card (FATFS Error 13). Make sure that a FAT partition exists.."
Rebooted and the error is gone.
Issue is, after this message the switch booted in OFW...
I'm using autorcm but I guess fuses have burnt so should I do again a nand backup or something ?? :wink:
OFW and CFW look the same. Check the system settings or try holding R when you press the Album.

I mean with sx pro jig startup

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sx bootloader
SX Pro is SX OS which Hayato already mentioned. You don't have a clean NAND backup. Your SysNAND is tainted. There is nothing you can do. EmuNAND would just be a copy of your tainted SysNAND so it won't help. Either accept the risk or buy another console.

Supernico

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OFW and CFW look the same. Check the system settings or try holding R when you press the Album.

SX Pro is SX OS which Hayato already mentioned. You don't have a clean NAND backup. Your SysNAND is tainted. There is nothing you can do. EmuNAND would just be a copy of your tainted SysNAND so it won't help. Either accept the risk or buy another console.
Hi Draxzelex
I'm quite sure I was in OFW album opened up instead of homebrew menu.
But what are the consequences ? Does my backup made before updating with ChoixDuJour will still work if needed for instance ?

gavinfriday69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello
I've have bought a switch and an SXPRO dongle. I have update the OFW to 7.1.. created an NAND backup.
Afterwards I made an EMUNAND with the SX PRO.
(on an sd card with hidden partition (exfat).. and a fat sd card with extra files - just to be sure that when the EXPAT card got corrupted I still would have the Original emunand)
I don't want to use the autoRCM

Now I was wondering.. if i wanted to update the OFW firmware to play original games or original eshop games.. (and suppose I removed the SD card to avoid any sort of detection)... my OFW would be at 8.1 or so.

Does this mean that my NAND backup from 7.1 can't be used anymore if something went wrong because I would be burning fuses after the update ?

To avoid this do I need to restore my Original NAND... do a OFW update .. and create a new NAND? each time?

Or do I need to update OFW through CHOIXDUJOUR? But I read somewhere that going online afterwards will burn fuses as well?

I am a little confused? Can you all please help

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Draxzelex
I'm quite sure I was in OFW album opened up instead of homebrew menu.
But what are the consequences ? Does my backup made before updating with ChoixDuJour will still work if needed for instance ?
Read the post below.

Hello
I've have bought a switch and an SXPRO dongle. I have update the OFW to 7.1.. created an NAND backup.
Afterwards I made an EMUNAND with the SX PRO.
(on an sd card with hidden partition (exfat).. and a fat sd card with extra files - just to be sure that when the EXPAT card got corrupted I still would have the Original emunand)
I don't want to use the autoRCM

Now I was wondering.. if i wanted to update the OFW firmware to play original games or original eshop games.. (and suppose I removed the SD card to avoid any sort of detection)... my OFW would be at 8.1 or so.

Does this mean that my NAND backup from 7.1 can't be used anymore if something went wrong because I would be burning fuses after the update ?

To avoid this do I need to restore my Original NAND... do a OFW update .. and create a new NAND? each time?

Or do I need to update OFW through CHOIXDUJOUR? But I read somewhere that going online afterwards will burn fuses as well?

I am a little confused? Can you all please help
Well 8.X and 7.X share the same fuse count for now so you can restore your 7.0.1 NAND backup (there is no 7.1 firmware for the Switch) and use your console like normal. However for future reference, you would still be able to utilize your NAND backup even if you burn additional fuses. All bootloaders for the Switch (the payloads that boot CFW) bypass the fuse check allowing you to run any firmware you want so long as you send a payload in RCM. This will make using AutoRCM mandatory when you are trying to run a firmware lower than your fuse count because without AutoRCM, your console will not turn on normally and the screen will stay black but you will not be in RCM; it will be similar to a soft brick. If this is too confusing and/or you're paranoid, you can make a new NAND backup every time you burn a new fuse however that might become time consuming in the long run. For reference, this is the list of fuse counts and their respective firmware versions.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I thought that removing games in goldleaf would delete them from my sd card, but it did not. The game is removed from the homescreen so that I cant play it anymore, but the space used on the sd card is still the same. How do I remove these games now?

Im assuming the games are located in [SDCARD Drive letter]G:\Nintendo\Contents\registered because thats the only folder that uses up a big amount of space, but I dont want to go deleting things that I dont know.

Last edited by ThaDraGun,

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I have been using 90DNS to connect to internet and use the kosmos updater. Today I tried configuring xlink kai with my raspberry pi and created a new network setting to use with it.
However my primary network setting with 90DNS is no longer connecting to internet and I am unable to use kosmos updater. What could be the issue here?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
So I thought that removing games in goldleaf would delete them from my sd card, but it did not. The game is removed from the homescreen so that I cant play it anymore, but the space used on the sd card is still the same. How do I remove these games now?

Im assuming the games are located in [SDCARD Drive letter]G:\Nintendo\Contents\registered because thats the only folder that uses up a big amount of space, but I dont want to go deleting things that I dont know.
Delete from the data management in system settings.

Does the latest KOSMOS package work with 8.0.x? Are there any risks of updating to 8.0.x?
Yes, latest Kosmos supports 8.0.x. Except there is currently no point to update to 8.0.0, it should work fine. Keep in mind that some homebrew applications are broken on 8.0.0.

Last edited by pLaYeR^^,
Reactions: Matchitza

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I got a new Switch today, because my old one is banned. Happy the new one is a Old Model came with 3.0.1 same as my Original one.

So I am curious, if you would keep the new one Up2Date to play Online or also wreck it with CFW? I mean for that Point I actually have the Banned one I guess.

I mean, I will do a NAND Dump of the 3.0.1 one, just in Case :)

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
d
So I got a new Switch today, because my old one is banned. Happy the new one is a Old Model came with 3.0.1 same as my Original one.

So I am curious, if you would keep the new one Up2Date to play Online or also wreck it with CFW? I mean for that Point I actually have the Banned one I guess.

Don't touch the new console, leave it legitimate. Use your old for hax and cfw and stuff

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

I also have two switches and keep one completely offline for CFW and one legit for online. So best is to use your banned one for CFW and your new one for online.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also have two switches and keep one completely offline for CFW and one legit for online. So best is to use your banned one for CFW and your new one for online.

Thanks guys, with untouched, mean no CFW? I can still backup it I guess? I dumped Keys and NAND, for some Reason the new Switch is WAY Faster in Backup Nand and stuff, the banned one is kinda slow, curious what the reason for there could be.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks guys, with untouched, mean no CFW? I can still backup it I guess? I dumped Keys and NAND, for some Reason the new Switch is WAY Faster in Backup Nand and stuff, the banned one is kinda slow, curious what the reason for there could be.

Correct, no CFW, hekate got updated and does the backup faster now

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My old 3.0.1 Backup in a RAR is only 400 MB (30 GB in Total or so), however my new NAND Backup, is still 25 GB it wont get smaller by packing, did he changed something on how he dumps?

it depends on if stuff is installed or not from memory (a switch with no games installed will have a smaller dump)

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
So i updated to latest version of kosmos and enabled ldn_mitm in the kosmos toolbox. It asked me to restart the switch and now its stuck in the "Nintendo Switch" boot logo.

What do I do now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...