Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I've been having issues with a few of the new titles (Trials Rising). I've installed the .NSP file from a different sources, however everytime I get the 2005-0005 Error.
Do sig patches need to be updated or how does it work?
It also happens with Diablo, FF Maxima..I use gold leaf on 7.0.1. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Try installing them with Tinfoil which you can find a link to here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fluffy-a-tinfoil-and-goldleaf-gui.528930/
could someone run me through a site or way to install themes on atmosphere? in the past ive tried but it confuses me is there a easy way
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tutorial-switch-theme-injector-easily-make-custom-themes.519036/

Reactions: doingitwrong

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am using an ancient version of reinx, I want to update console to 6.2.

So I grab update reinx and switch update files.

Anything I am missing? Is it that easy?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It really is that easy especially if you are using ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware. Although it won't be the end of the world, update ReiNX before the firmware.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Update your Reinx first. Delete the reinx folder and replace it with the new one. If you have reinx.bin on the sd card, remove or replace it.

Update

Send new reinx.bin

Profit

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thank you. Done it successfully, easy peasy.

It is now saying there is a controller update available, is it alright to update my controller?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got new switch with the $35 eshop credit bundle and judging by serial number it's patched, so I transferred everything off my old exploitable switch to the new one. I wasn't planning on taking the old one online ever again so I restored my clean nand backup I made right before transferring everything so now (well after my new one finishes redownloading everything) I basically have duplicated my switch. I am wondering if this is a bad idea incase it ever goes online againg will my account be at risk? I am not worried about old console getting banned, but getting banned with 6 monthsleft on my onlines subscription would blow. I still wan tto go online with my virgin non exploitable switch but my old one has duplicate users with linked NNIDs. Is it safe to use 90 DNS so homebrew can access the internet on my old one? I thought it would be cool to already have my old games, which work although is it because of sig patching of atmosphere or simply because my nand backup had everything to play them? I restored my nand and immediatley launched CFW afterwords. Now I am second guessing myself and thinking having my old legit games and saves on my exploited switch isnt worth it and maybe I should format it or something.

Just dipping my toes in the modding scene for the first time and getting ready to install some nsp files once I am sure I know how to.

Atari_Power

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I updated to 7.0 when it first came out because I'm stupid. I'm not sure if I backed up anything from my switch before I first installed CFW. Can I go back to 6.2 to run SXOS?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got new switch with the $35 eshop credit bundle and judging by serial number it's patched, so I transferred everything off my old exploitable switch to the new one. I wasn't planning on taking the old one online ever again so I restored my clean nand backup I made right before transferring everything so now (well after my new one finishes redownloading everything) I basically have duplicated my switch. I am wondering if this is a bad idea incase it ever goes online againg will my account be at risk? I am not worried about old console getting banned, but getting banned with 6 monthsleft on my onlines subscription would blow. I still wan tto go online with my virgin non exploitable switch but my old one has duplicate users with linked NNIDs. Is it safe to use 90 DNS so homebrew can access the internet on my old one? I thought it would be cool to already have my old games, which work although is it because of sig patching of atmosphere or simply because my nand backup had everything to play them? I restored my nand and immediatley launched CFW afterwords. Now I am second guessing myself and thinking having my old legit games and saves on my exploited switch isnt worth it and maybe I should format it or something.

Just dipping my toes in the modding scene for the first time and getting ready to install some nsp files once I am sure I know how to.
Never heard of this type of scenario but as long as you enable 90DNS on your hacked console, it should be safe to go online. And even if it accidentally goes online without blocking telemetry, Nintendo Accounts are designed to be used on multiple consoles.

I updated to 7.0 when it first came out because I'm stupid. I'm not sure if I backed up anything from my switch before I first installed CFW. Can I go back to 6.2 to run SXOS?
Yes. Your choices are restoring a NAND dump (if you have one), ChoiDujour (which only supports firmware versions up to 6.1), or ChoiDujourNX through Atmosphere which is the only CFW to currently support 7.X publicly.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minor issue, Tangledeep is crashing when I try to play it. It installed fine but gets to the intro, lags out for 10 seconds, tells me to reconnect joycons (which are connect in hand held mode) then I hit OK and it says error has occurred game crashed

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm a bit outdated and I'm sitting on a unused SX OS license.

Atmosphere can install NSP files, but not mount/run XCI files, so you'd have to install titles onto the (emu)NAND exclusively or can you install titles to the SD card as well?
XCI is arguably safer to use though.

In regard to emuNAND, Thermosphere (Atmosphere emuNAND) can only be used for the Atmosphere CFW, correct?
Not with SX OS, or any other CFW like that.

The Thermosphere emuNAND makes zero changes to the System NAND, unlike SX emuNAND which changes a couple of bits in a unused space, or is this no longer the case?

Is it considered safer to use Thermosphere emuNAND and switch back to OFW to play online, than using SX emuNAND and switch back to OFW for online gaming?
(OFW is booting without RCM at all, and updating OFW if needed)

Pros of Atmosphere is faster FW update patches if necessary, but there are yet to be titles that would require the new FW to boot before things get settled on the SX OS side.

Cons of Atmosphere is no XCI support, having to install games, and no USB storage.

Am I correct in these things so far?

One last question I'd have then is this.
What is the safest way to go online with OFW, while starting/installing titles with a CFW which stays offline. (Which runs from EmuNAND, not modifying logs or the such on System NAND)

Or is the only real safe solution to have physically a dual eMMC setup? One for CFW stuff. (Even if using their corresponding "EmuNAND" solutions.) And one for OFW stuff.

This post was longer than expected, but I'm playing catch up here, thanks in advance guys!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit outdated and I'm sitting on a unused SX OS license.

Atmosphere can install NSP files, but not mount/run XCI files, so you'd have to install titles onto the (emu)NAND exclusively or can you install titles to the SD card as well?
XCI is arguably safer to use though.

In regard to emuNAND, Thermosphere (Atmosphere emuNAND) can only be used for the Atmosphere CFW, correct?
Not with SX OS, or any other CFW like that.

The Thermosphere emuNAND makes zero changes to the System NAND, unlike SX emuNAND which changes a couple of bits in a unused space, or is this no longer the case?

Is it considered safer to use Thermosphere emuNAND and switch back to OFW to play online, than using SX emuNAND and switch back to OFW for online gaming?
(OFW is booting without RCM at all, and updating OFW if needed)

Pros of Atmosphere is faster FW update patches if necessary, but there are yet to be titles that would require the new FW to boot before things get settled on the SX OS side.

Cons of Atmosphere is no XCI support, having to install games, and no USB storage.

Am I correct in these things so far?

One last question I'd have then is this.
What is the safest way to go online with OFW, while starting/installing titles with a CFW which stays offline. (Which runs from EmuNAND, not modifying logs or the such on System NAND)

Or is the only real safe solution to have physically a dual eMMC setup? One for CFW stuff. (Even if using their corresponding "EmuNAND" solutions.) And one for OFW stuff.

This post was longer than expected, but I'm playing catch up here, thanks in advance guys!
  • The "safest" (but not 100% safe) backup launching is mounting .XCI files since you do not install anything to the system apart from some save data and play time. After that would be installing .XCI files/standard crypto .NSP files (meaning .NSP files stripped of their title rights which you can do with tools such as NSC_Builder) Only SX OS currently supports mounting .XCI files however ReiNX may have that feature in the future as they are working on implementing all of SX OS' features into their CFW. Otherwise you must install all .XCI and .NSP files with Atmosphere
  • Yes once Thermosphere is completed. Likewise, SX OS' EmuNAND can only be used with SX OS
  • SX OS EmuNAND no longer modifies boot1 if you install it onto the SD card so Atmosphere's implementation will be doing the same
  • The safest play is to go online with SysNAND rather than EmuNAND since Nintendo may be able to detect the difference between SysNAND and EmuNAND. In that case, all CFW and homebrew should be launched in EmuNAND
  • Flashing a clean NAND backup is about as safe as using EmuNAND for hacking and SysNAND for legitimate usage. Of course, the latter option is more streamlined and convenient. If you already bought SX OS, might as well use it for that purpose since you're not getting your money back anytime soon. If and when support for it eventually stops, Atmosphere and other free CFW should have majority of its features.

Reactions: Budsixz and Adr990

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
  • The "safest" (but not 100% safe) backup launching is mounting .XCI files since you do not install anything to the system apart from some save data and play time. After that would be installing .XCI files/standard crypto .NSP files (meaning .NSP files stripped of their title rights which you can do with tools such as NSC_Builder) Only SX OS currently supports mounting .XCI files however ReiNX may have that feature in the future as they are working on implementing all of SX OS' features into their CFW. Otherwise you must install all .XCI and .NSP files with Atmosphere
  • Yes once Thermosphere is completed. Likewise, SX OS' EmuNAND can only be used with SX OS
  • SX OS EmuNAND no longer modifies boot1 if you install it onto the SD card so Atmosphere's implementation will be doing the same
  • The safest play is to go online with SysNAND rather than EmuNAND since Nintendo may be able to detect the difference between SysNAND and EmuNAND. In that case, all CFW and homebrew should be launched in EmuNAND
  • Flashing a clean NAND backup is about as safe as using EmuNAND for hacking and SysNAND for legitimate usage. Of course, the latter option is more streamlined and convenient. If you already bought SX OS, might as well use it for that purpose since you're not getting your money back anytime soon. If and when support for it eventually stops, Atmosphere and other free CFW should have majority of its features.
Sounds great.
Was the Boot1 modification for emuNAND already undone since SX OS 2.4 Beta, or was it changed up more recently? (https://team-xecuter.com/sx-os-v2-4-beta-announcement/)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Adr990

ciareriam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Been using SX OS by updating with Choi and playing on OFW. I want to use SX OS emunand but my OFW Nand backup was from 4.0 and it does not have exfat support. How do I go from 4.0.1 OFW to SX CFW 6.2? Thank you!

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a silly question.

How do saves work on the switch?

For instance, Say I want to completely backup my nand. Then I use checkpoint to extract/edit/restor my saves. Then I restore my nand. I'm assuming the save would be corrupted or not be usable somehow.

But why? What exactly happens?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using SX OS by updating with Choi and playing on OFW. I want to use SX OS emunand but my OFW Nand backup was from 4.0 and it does not have exfat support. How do I go from 4.0.1 OFW to SX CFW 6.2? Thank you!
Just use ChoiDujourNX in EmuNAND to give it exFAT support on any firmware you want except 1.0

I have a silly question.

How do saves work on the switch?

For instance, Say I want to completely backup my nand. Then I use checkpoint to extract/edit/restor my saves. Then I restore my nand. I'm assuming the save would be corrupted or not be usable somehow.

But why? What exactly happens?
The saves are stored in the NAND. And when you restore the NAND, you would actually be overwriting the saves you edited/restored via Checkpoint to the point of what they were like when you initially dumped the NAND, sort of like traveling back in time.

Reactions: osaka35

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use ChoiDujourNX in EmuNAND to give it exFAT support on any firmware you want except 1.0

The saves are stored in the NAND. And when you restore the NAND, you would actually be overwriting the saves you edited/restored via Checkpoint to the point of what they were like when you initially dumped the NAND, sort of like traveling back in time.
How odd. Wonder why they did that.

In that case, I wonder if it'd be possible, in theory, to extract a save and inject a save from hekate. Is that a feature that'd ever be in there, or is it not possible?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How odd. Wonder why they did that.

In that case, I wonder if it'd be possible, in theory, to extract a save and inject a save from hekate. Is that a feature that'd ever be in there, or is it not possible?
Doable but having save injection/extraction from a payload is not as convenient as a homebrew. I can see why some people would prefer a payload save manager so that way they can swap save files without using homebrew but I have not seen anyone willing to implement such a feature. Maybe because its too complicated or the purpose of the payload is solely meant to be reserved for CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo