Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a chance, at least not right now... Installation of any homebrew is going to end up with ban at some point. It might not be instant, but it will come. For people that don't want to play online in the near future, their best bet is to make a clean NAND backup before installation of CFW, install CFW, enjoy homebrew, and restore to clean NAND in the future when they want to play online - this shouldn't get you banned. But in your case this is not suitable as you want to be playing online simultaneously
Sorry I phrased it bad. I don’t want to be online and have cfw, I’m fine with changing. Thanks for your reply though!

TWilliamson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Is it worth getting an updated XAW1007800X running 6.2? Can I do any hacking?
Yes it is unpatched

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry I phrased it bad. I don’t want to be online and have cfw, I’m fine with changing. Thanks for your reply though!
I understood what you meant, but what I was saying is that it is not practical to restore the clean NAND backup every time you fancy going online. You could do it, but restoring takes time. Also, please remember that there is still a chance of a ban following a clean NAND restore, I do not think anybody can be sure as of yet.

Last edited by TWilliamson,

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I currently have a new un-patched Switch I'm gonna mod with SXpro. After I first turn it on I'm gonna make a backup NAND of the clean version. I also, wanted to use this switch to go online with 2 games that I own legit. What is the safest way to go online after modding your Switch?
Does installing EmuNAND on SD card and keeping stuff on that and then swapping back over to OFW/NAND to use my legit games work or because I have stuff on SD card easy to be detected?

Finally, with latest SX OS what's difference between Choidujournx & fuseegelee? I know choidujournx is used to update firmware, but don't the other 3 make sure fuses aren't burned? Don't all 3 activate autoRCM which would be redundant? And should I disable AutoRCM when booting into SXpro and then loading OFW to go online? Not sure if they detect autoRCM function.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I currently have a new un-patched Switch I'm gonna mod with SXpro. After I first turn it on I'm gonna make a backup NAND of the clean version. I also, wanted to use this switch to go online with 2 games that I own legit. What is the safest way to go online after modding your Switch?
Does installing EmuNAND on SD card and keeping stuff on that and then swapping back over to OFW/NAND to use my legit games work or because I have stuff on SD card easy to be detected?

Finally, with latest SX OS what's difference between Choidujournx & fuseegelee? I know choidujournx is used to update firmware, but don't the other 3 make sure fuses aren't burned? Don't all 3 activate autoRCM which would be redundant? And should I disable AutoRCM when booting into SXpro and then loading OFW to go online? Not sure if they detect autoRCM function.
Safest is with an unhacked SysNAND. By unhacked, I mean not running any CFW or homebrew on SysNAND. Booting the SX OS menu doesn't count as that is done exclusively in RCM.

Fusee Gelee is the name of the exploit all CFW use to boot.

Also whatever form of AutoRCM you have installed prior to using ChoiDujourNX gets overwritten with the one implemented in ChoiDujourNX so it doesn't matter if you have or don't have AutoRCM enabled before using ChoiDujourNX. You also need to enable AutoRCM when using ChoiDujourNX when updating without burning fuses because if you don't, your fuses will be burnt.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Safest is with an unhacked SysNAND. By unhacked, I mean not running any CFW or homebrew on SysNAND. Booting the SX OS menu doesn't count as that is done exclusively in RCM.

Fusee Gelee is the name of the exploit all CFW use to boot.

Also whatever form of AutoRCM you have installed prior to using ChoiDujourNX gets overwritten with the one implemented in ChoiDujourNX so it doesn't matter if you have or don't have AutoRCM enabled before using ChoiDujourNX. You also need to enable AutoRCM when using ChoiDujourNX when updating without burning fuses because if you don't, your fuses will be burnt.

So since I'm using SXpro and then installing EmuNAND SD card can I boot to OFW/SysNAND and then use my cartridge legit game to go online or will autoRCM or the stuff on SD card likely flag me when I go online with OFW?

Also, to avoid burning a fuse when using OFW do I still boot through RCM/SXpro and then select boot OFW then able to go online?

Addendum: trying to edit save with checkpoint, but that is a homebrew app. Since my CFW & homebrew is on the EmuNAND how does one rip a save from SysNAND/OFW? Seems to be possible since a few people on here attest they do it and go online and haven't had any issues in months.

Last edited by Acidburn135,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So since I'm using SXpro and then installing EmuNAND SD card can I boot to OFW/SysNAND and then use my cartridge legit game to go online or will autoRCM or the stuff on SD card likely flag me when I go online with OFW?

Also, to avoid burning a fuse when using OFW do I still boot through RCM/SXpro and then select boot OFW then able to go online?
No one has been banned for using AutoRCM or having "stuff on SD". There's no evidence whatsoever Nintendo scans the SD card. They don't even scan their own USER partition which would explain why no one was banned when their EmuNAND could only be installed to internal memory.

If OFW is running a firmware higher than the fuse count, as long as you are using AutoRCM, a fuse will never be burnt. More specifically as long as you are booting through a version of SX OS past 1.2, the fuse check is bypassed entirely.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one has been banned for using AutoRCM or having "stuff on SD". There's no evidence whatsoever Nintendo scans the SD card. They don't even scan their own USER partition which would explain why no one was banned when their EmuNAND could only be installed to internal memory.

If OFW is running a firmware higher than the fuse count, as long as you are using AutoRCM, a fuse will never be burnt. More specifically as long as you are booting through a version of SX OS past 1.2, the fuse check is bypassed entirely.

Cool thanks for info! One last thing...
trying to edit save with checkpoint, but that is a homebrew app. Since my CFW & homebrew is on the EmuNAND how does one rip a save from SysNAND/OFW? Seems to be possible since a few people on here attest they do it and go online and haven't had any issues in months.

I'm guessing they install the checkpoint on the sysNAND which would likely be detected when going online which kind of defeats purpose of using EmuNAND. To get around this would I just install it to rip save and restore it then delete Checkpoint and all associated software off sysNAND?

Felps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, one question!

I am using ReinX on my Switch, with AutoRCM. Is there any problem for me to connect on the internet?

Using the ReinX or any other CFW, does it completely bypass the Nintendo Check for my Switch, and they can't ban me?

I've done the NAND Backup, so when I "reinstal" the OFW, Nintendo will never know that I was using CFW?

Or is there any way for them to track my Switch Serial, even if i'm using ReinX, and still ban me?

This didn't get very clear in my head, in any of the tutorials.

thanks for the answer!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool thanks for info! One last thing...
trying to edit save with checkpoint, but that is a homebrew app. Since my CFW & homebrew is on the EmuNAND how does one rip a save from SysNAND/OFW? Seems to be possible since a few people on here attest they do it and go online and haven't had any issues in months.

I'm guessing they install the checkpoint on the sysNAND which would likely be detected when going online which kind of defeats purpose of using EmuNAND. To get around this would I just install it to rip save and restore it then delete Checkpoint and all associated software off sysNAND?
Just because they haven't been banned yet doesn't mean its safe; it just means they haven't been banned yet. I can only assume these people were well aware of the risks of using Checkpoint on SysNAND and accepted them rather than outright denying there is no chance of them being banned for using Checkpoint in the first place. Whether or not you want to accept that risk is up to you.

Guys, one question!

I am using ReinX on my Switch, with AutoRCM. Is there any problem for me to connect on the internet?

Using the ReinX or any other CFW, does it completely bypass the Nintendo Check for my Switch, and they can't ban me?

I've done the NAND Backup, so when I "reinstal" the OFW, Nintendo will never know that I was using CFW?

Or is there any way for them to track my Switch Serial, even if i'm using ReinX, and still ban me?

This didn't get very clear in my head, in any of the tutorials.

thanks for the answer!
Whenever you launch CFW or homebrew, logs persist in the system that can be sent whenever the console goes online, regardless if you're in CFW or OFW. The only way to remove these logs is by restoring a NAND backup made before hacking the console.

Reactions: Felps

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'm not quite sure how Homebrew/Checkpoint works. You drop the boot/software on to your SD card. When running these apps are they just bring run off the SD or being installed to a NAND? Wasn't sure if I needed to install them to SysNAND & EmuNAND or if it just boots from SD and I wouldn't have to delete it from a NAND before going online.

Also, surprised Checkpoint would be so high risk since you are just backing up and restoring a save. Something tons of people want to do and I assume they do. Didn't think it left a huge trail to ping you for ban like say play online with NSP, CFW, homebrew apps & cheat programs.

Felps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just because they haven't been banned yet doesn't mean its safe; it just means they haven't been banned yet. I can only assume these people were well aware of the risks of using Checkpoint on SysNAND and accepted them rather than outright denying there is no chance of them being banned for using Checkpoint in the first place. Whether or not you want to accept that risk is up to you.

Whenever you launch CFW or homebrew, logs persist in the system that can be sent whenever the console goes online, regardless if you're in CFW or OFW. The only way to remove these logs is by restoring a NAND backup made before hacking the console.
Thanks for the answer @Draxzelex. That I Know, I haven't made myself very clear... The question basicaly is: Does the CFW "hide" the infos about my console, so Nintendo can't know "who I am"?

Or is it best for me to never connect on internet, and if anytime ever I want to play O.Games, I restore my NAND and that's it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I'm not quite sure how Homebrew/Checkpoint works. You drop the boot/software on to your SD card. When running these apps are they just bring run off the SD or being installed to a NAND? Wasn't sure if I needed to install them to SysNAND & EmuNAND or if it just boots from SD and I wouldn't have to delete it from a NAND before going online.

Also, surprised Checkpoint would be so high risk since you are just backing up and restoring a save. Something tons of people want to do and I assume they do. Didn't think it left a huge trail to ping you for ban like say play online with NSP, CFW, homebrew apps & cheat programs.
Checkpoint is a homebrew application so its "installed" like any other homebrew app. The whole process from installation to launching the application can leave enough breadcrumbs for Nintendo to ban you. In fact, some people have been banned for only backing up/restoring their save data such as with Checkpoint so by itself, it can definitely induce a ban. You have been warned of its risks.

Acidburn135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Checkpoint is a homebrew application so its "installed" like any other homebrew app. The whole process from installation to launching the application can leave enough breadcrumbs for Nintendo to ban you. In fact, some people have been banned for only backing up/restoring their save data such as with Checkpoint so by itself, it can definitely induce a ban. You have been warned of its risks.

Ugh, I thought I could use Checkpoint to restore the save then delete homebrew/checkpoint and be relatively in the clear. Didn't realize just replacing a save left that much of a trail. :/

Xana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, some people have been banned for only backing up/restoring their save data such as with Checkpoint so by itself, it can definitely induce a ban.

Didn't you say that most/all of these people banned for restoring Splatoon 2 saves (or other online games)?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer @Draxzelex. That I Know, I haven't made myself very clear... The question basicaly is: Does the CFW "hide" the infos about my console, so Nintendo can't know "who I am"?

Or is it best for me to never connect on internet, and if anytime ever I want to play O.Games, I restore my NAND and that's it?
CFW doesn't do any "hiding". The purpose of a CFW is to lift the restrictions placed by the manufacturer to allow the user to do whatever they want with the device which inherently presents a ban risk. The purpose of CFW is not to keep users safe from a ban. If you don't want a ban, do not use CFW or buy another console.
Didn't you say that most/all of these people banned for restoring Splatoon 2 saves (or other online games)?
While the majority of reported cases involved Splatoon 2, that doesn't discount the possibility that tampering with the save data for other games also led to bans. Smash for example has led to quite a lot of bans if you check the ROM-Hacking subforum, even leading to a rare Account ban. There was also another user I encountered who had a Smash-only ban despite using both the retail cartridge and digital versions of the game. Tampering with save data from any game is not a good idea, even if it is just dumping/restoring.

Kubez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is unpatched

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I understood what you meant, but what I was saying is that it is not practical to restore the clean NAND backup every time you fancy going online. You could do it, but restoring takes time. Also, please remember that there is still a chance of a ban following a clean NAND restore, I do not think anybody can be sure as of yet.
Ok. I get it now. Thanks for the response!

Reactions: TWilliamson

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: