Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is an update for the cartridge slot on firmware 4.0 that, once applied, renders it unusable on firmwares below 4.0. This is in case you ever downgrade to a firmware below 4.0 and want to either play your retail cartridges or utilize an exploit that revolves around your cartridge slot. Currently, there is no way to reverse it.
There is no evidence they support this patch.
Yes, you can and will get banned.

so im on a fw lower than 4 so this means if i restore my clean nand backup my game slot wont work?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
There is an update for the cartridge slot on firmware 4.0 that, once applied, renders it unusable on firmwares below 4.0. This is in case you ever downgrade to a firmware below 4.0 and want to either play your retail cartridges or utilize an exploit that revolves around your cartridge slot. Currently, there is no way to reverse it.
If I have burned fuses and can't go to such low firmware versions without AutoRCM, it doesn't matter if I update my cartridge slot, right?

And has a cartridge slot exploit been discovered or is it hypothetical?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im on a fw lower than 4 so this means if i restore my clean nand backup my game slot wont work?
Well there's no evidence that its supported or not supported. Supposedly its applied if you never insert a retail cartridge while running a firmware of 4.0 or higher but it hasn't been tested or documented anywhere within SX OS' changelogs.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Haven't even touched Goldleaf and still use Tinfoil but since they accomplish the same job, I can assume their error codes are shared as well. That particular indicates your firmware is not high to install whatever you want to install based on this thread.

Thanks for linking the thread

Is there a safe guide to use to install the new firmware + autorcm with choidujournx, other than youtube videos and the main page at: https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/

Or has one not been made yet? Im just a bit worried about doing something wrong, is it really a simple process?

Thanks again btw

Last edited by Miles54321,

GATWYAY3.2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sthetix videos are cool i follow him to,I cant believe YT hasn't banned him they are starting to remove all those hacking videos but yeah i learned my lesson a long time ago not to follow YT videos. The first system i tried to hack was the Wii and the first system I bricked was the Wii lol i uninstalled the menu iso. I trashed it not knowing many years later there was going to be a fix for it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I have burned fuses and can't go to such low firmware versions without AutoRCM, it doesn't matter if I update my cartridge slot, right?

And has a cartridge slot exploit been discovered or is it hypothetical?
Yes to the first question and its purely hypothetical.
Thanks for linking the thread

Is there a safe guide to use to install the new firmware + autorcm with choidujournx, other than youtube videos and the main page at: https://gbatemp.net/threads/choiduj...ller-homebrew-for-the-nintendo-switch.513416/

Or has one not been made yet? Im just a bit worried about doing something wrong, is it really a simple process?

Thanks again btw
Its just a homebrew application. Plus ChoiDujourNX guides you through most of the steps with its interface. But a simple guide is that you download ChoiDujourNX, download the firmware files elsewhere (cough xbins cough), launch it, navigate to the firmware files you downloaded then placed on your SD card, and press Choose in the bottom right. Everything after this is super self-explanatory.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Yes to the first question and its purely hypothetical.
Its just a homebrew application. Plus ChoiDujourNX guides you through most of the steps with its interface. But a simple guide is that you download ChoiDujourNX, download the firmware files elsewhere (cough xbins cough), launch it, navigate to the firmware files you downloaded then placed on your SD card, and press Choose in the bottom right. Everything after this is super self-explanatory.

Alright , sounds good, im looking into it

Is there anyway to check if ReinX is supported with with the latest versions? I want to get to 6.2.0 and I heard SX Os only has support for 6.1.0, as a Reinx user is there a way to check this or are all supported for ReinX?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright , sounds good, im looking into it

Is there anyway to check if ReinX is supported with with the latest versions? I want to get to 6.2.0 and I heard SX Os only has support for 6.1.0, as a Reinx user is there a way to check this or are all supported for ReinX?
6.2 support came kinda late for CFW, but all of them now support as long as you're using the latest version. For ReiNX, its version 2.0 which you can download straight from the GitHub page or the guide.

Reactions: TidusWulf

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read that some games REQUIRE you to have a Nintendo Account on the Switch. Is this true? Because I hacked mine last month without ever setting one up.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The NES app, Pianista, and local co-op play with Stardew Valley are all games I know of that won't work without a Nintendo Account. There's really no harm in linking a Nintendo Account to the Switch. If you don't want to link your main, just make a dummy account so one is linked.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
6.2 support came kinda late for CFW, but all of them now support as long as you're using the latest version. For ReiNX, its version 2.0 which you can download straight from the GitHub page or the guide.

I have currently updated to v6.2 and when I run Reinx 2.0 I get:

"Package2, magic invalid" - i haven't bricked my switch have I :mellow:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have currently updated to v6.2 and when I run Reinx 2.0 I get:

"Package2, magic invalid" - i haven't bricked my switch have I :mellow:
Cause of this is due to an outdated ReiNX.bin either on the SD card, being sent as a payload, or both. The simplest solution is just delete any ReiNX.bin on your SD card and just send 2.0. Oh and you can just hold the power button to exit that screen; it just means it failed to launch the CFW.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Cause of this is due to an outdated ReiNX.bin either on the SD card, being sent as a payload, or both. The simplest solution is just delete any ReiNX.bin on your SD card and just send 2.0. Oh and you can just hold the power button to exit that screen; it just means it failed to launch the CFW.

Damn, I checked that i sent a reinx 2.0 bin and replaced all the necesscary reinx files in the reinx folder on my sd card, this is odd... the version I updated to is v6.2 -1.0 if that makes any difference

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I checked that i sent a reinx 2.0 bin and replaced all the necesscary reinx files in the reinx folder on my sd card, this is odd... the version I updated to is v6.2 -1.0 if that makes any difference
ReiNX.bin is usually on the root not in the ReiNX folder so you may have missed it there. If not, you can try a clean installation meaning starting from scratch, except for maybe the Nintendo folder especially if you've installed games to the SD card.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
ReiNX.bin is usually on the root not in the ReiNX folder so you may have missed it there. If not, you can try a clean installation meaning starting from scratch, except for maybe the Nintendo folder especially if you've installed games to the SD card.

Ah, i replaced the reinx bin on the root and it booted, love the new splash screen btw ^_^

So I went into goldleaf/goldtree and this time Super Smash Bros Ultimate didnt install but super mario odyssey is working with usb install, interesting! Anyhow this is great news, i'm so hyped!!!
Thanks a lot, ill reply if I run into any new issues

P.S: Didn't even need to re-download, Smash is installing fine too ^_^ this is great!

Reactions: Draxzelex

koxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
can somebody tell me how to shut down sxos with autorcm completely?

first i have to shutdown the switch ordinary an then insert the jig after 15seconds - is that right or do i have to boot sx via +button and power button and then select shut down

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can somebody tell me how to shut down sxos with autorcm completely?

first i have to shutdown the switch ordinary an then insert the jig after 15seconds - is that right or do i have to boot sx via +button and power button and then select shut down

If you have a mod chip or a dongle to load like Hekate, you can restart the switch to enter RCM mode, and select payload from there, and pick what you want to boot or being able to completely shut down the switch.

atkh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look like you got a $300 dollars paperweight, if you don't have a working NAND backup, backing up the nand after it brick is pointless, as for following youtube video that is a stupid idea, a lot of people follow sthetix video and end up with some stupid error, happens a lot with his switch and 3ds video, just don't recommend his videos even though I followed one of his tutorial before for the ESP8266.

i am noob so that's why i followed =="....

Is there a solution to this problem ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.