Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

koxxi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you have a mod chip or a dongle to load like Hekate, you can restart the switch to enter RCM mode, and select payload from there, and pick what you want to boot or being able to completely shut down the switch.

thanks. is that enought insert the dongle sxpro after normal shutdown? or is it necessary boot into the sx menu and choose power off?

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone, sorry to bother you with this, please bear with me. My goal is to have a clean switch and remove all CFW related things.

Last night I updated from 6.1 to 6.2 via local wireless while attempting to only update Smash through a friend's console. I have a clean 5.1 NAND backup made with Hekate and a not as clean 6.1 backup made with the ReiNX tools immediately after restoring the 5.1 backup and updating.

I understand that I'll first need to be able to get into CFW on 6.2, I believe simply updating the files to the newest ReiNX release should get me up and running, or I could go using https://switchguide.xyz. Is it then possible to go back to 5.1 in any way that would allow me to restore the backup and, without touching any home-brew software, update to 6.2?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. is that enought insert the dongle sxpro after normal shutdown? or is it necessary boot into the sx menu and choose power off?

Dongle as in something like the NS Atmosphere dongle where you can write specific payload to it. You cannot write to the sx os dongle if that is what you are asking.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello everyone, sorry to bother you with this, please bear with me. My goal is to have a clean switch and remove all CFW related things.

Last night I updated from 6.1 to 6.2 via local wireless while attempting to only update Smash through a friend's console. I have a clean 5.1 NAND backup made with Hekate and a not as clean 6.1 backup made with the ReiNX tools immediately after restoring the 5.1 backup and updating.

I understand that I'll first need to be able to get into CFW on 6.2, I believe simply updating the files to the newest ReiNX release should get me up and running, or I could go using https://switchguide.xyz. Is it then possible to go back to 5.1 in any way that would allow me to restore the backup and, without touching any home-brew software, update to 6.2?

If you burned your fuse then no.

Ratatattat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confused and search give me no relief. OSW 4.1. Created partition emunand and updated to 6.2. Now when launching .xci vi SXOS launcher I get Sometimes "Insert the Game Card" and on same game sometimes "A New Update is Available it will be down loaded now". Options Start/Download/Cancel. And sometimes game runs.
My cartridge slot should be the same as original at 4.1 since I used ChoiDujourNX. This happens with most games. Any Ideas?

Bump

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to backup my savefile on a legit switch and transfer it to hacked switch?
The only way I can imagine is using Nintendo's Cloud Saving service.
Hey ! Noob here, just got my hand on a patched switch, tried RCM and got a 0x00000 result, but it's on 4.1, something i can do ?
Return it for an unpatched unit.

Flamepl2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi Guys it´s me again...

I just updated to 6.2. with Choi and i have a black screen now.
I updated hekate also atmosphere. I checked the Update Version was allright. I thought everythin was fine but it does not work.
I´ve made a backup but is there any other way? As choi wanted to reboot, there was something written to do on the sd Card. Maybe I forgot something.

Thanks for help!

LG, Flamepl2

Illuminaticy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys it´s me again...

I just updated to 6.2. with Choi and i have a black screen now.
I updated hekate also atmosphere. I checked the Update Version was allright. I thought everythin was fine but it does not work.
I´ve made a backup but is there any other way? As choi wanted to reboot, there was something written to do on the sd Card. Maybe I forgot something.

Thanks for help!

LG, Flamepl2
It's probably in RCM. Choi turns autoRCM on by default. Try to send a payload, see what happens.

Flamepl2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If I want so start Atmosphere i get an Error: Fatal Error : [nxboot] Key derivation failed!
If I start hekate and choose the CFW it is loading for a moment, it loads normally and right after that it is black...

Flamepl2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh sorry Illuminaticy, it is an SD Card with Exfat. I updatet before and had a problem too.
I had to format the SD Card New and it worked. I think I repeat this step, or is there an better option?

Edit: Thanks for the anwers, the easy sollution was to use ReiNX newest Version. Everyting is fine and it´s working :)

LG,
Flamepl2

Last edited by Flamepl2,

Squalexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello!
So, I finally acquired my unpatched switch (hoorray! :grog:) and I've been trying to find out in this forum where I should start. There are a bunch of CFW and different things to have in mind so I'm a bit lost. If someone could just direct me please :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
So, I finally acquired my unpatched switch (hoorray! :grog:) and I've been trying to find out in this forum where I should start. There are a bunch of CFW and different things to have in mind so I'm a bit lost. If someone could just direct me please :)
There's no best CFW at the moment but before you do anything, you should backup the NAND. More specifically, boot0/boot1 and the eMMC raw GPP which will come out as a rawnand.bin. The tool to do so is the bootloader/payload Hekate.

From there, you can choose from one the three available CFW which are ReiNX, SX OS, and Atmosphere. I have linked guides for ReiNX and SX OS because there is only one guide available for those but Atmosphere has multiple. If you want to launch vanilla Atmosphere meaning the way it was intended (basically using Fusee as its bootloader), you can follow this one. If you want one that comes with some homebrew applications, signature patches, and uses Hekate as the bootloader instead of Fusee, try following this tutorial.

As for differences between the CFW, SX OS, while being the only paid CFW, has some exclusive features such as .XCI loading (different from .XCI installation), HDD support, their own cheat engine, and EmuNAND. ReiNX and Atmosphere are very similar to each other and support .NSP and .XCI installation, customization of the CFW itself, and are free. Atmosphere does offer a few things unique that aren't found in ReiNX nor SX OS such as preventing AutoRCM from being removed during system updates and a way to prevent error codes from being saved to the NAND (although you can use the latter option with ReiNX, not SX OS).

Reactions: ItsmeAJ

Squalexy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's no best CFW at the moment but before you do anything, you should backup the NAND. More specifically, boot0/boot1 and the eMMC raw GPP which will come out as a rawnand.bin. The tool to do so is the bootloader/payload Hekate.

From there, you can choose from one the three available CFW which are ReiNX, SX OS, and Atmosphere. I have linked guides for ReiNX and SX OS because there is only one guide available for those but Atmosphere has multiple. If you want to launch vanilla Atmosphere meaning the way it was intended (basically using Fusee as its bootloader), you can follow this one. If you want one that comes with some homebrew applications, signature patches, and uses Hekate as the bootloader instead of Fusee, try following this tutorial.

As for differences between the CFW, SX OS, while being the only paid CFW, has some exclusive features such as .XCI loading (different from .XCI installation), HDD support, their own cheat engine, and EmuNAND. ReiNX and Atmosphere are very similar to each other and support .NSP and .XCI installation, customization of the CFW itself, and are free. Atmosphere does offer a few things unique that aren't found in ReiNX nor SX OS such as preventing AutoRCM from being removed during system updates and a way to prevent error codes from being saved to the NAND (although you can use the latter option with ReiNX, not SX OS).

I can't thank you enough!
Could you just tell me or link me to some homebrew applications that come with the second Atmosphere you mentioned?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't thank you enough!
Could you just tell me or link me to some homebrew applications that come with the second Atmosphere you mentioned?
The second guide I linked you comes with the homebrew applications pre-packaged with the CFW so you don't have to download anything external. Those homebrew applications can be used with any CFW though.

Shockfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
first dumped the tsec keys + fuses
than run hbc and start kezplez-nx : baaamm error (never happens before)
Restart
Nintendo Logo -> Nintendo Switch Logo -> Black Screen -> some Minutes later Blue Screen with Error Code 2168-0002 (0x4a8)

Im on CFW 6.2.0

ive dumped more then 5 times my keys with kezplez and that never happen and now I have a switch don't work, I don't know what I've done wrong.

Last edited by Shockfire,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first dumped the tsec keys + fuses
than run hbc and start kezplez-nx : baaamm error (never happens before)
Restart
Nintendo Logo -> Nintendo Switch Logo -> Black Screen -> some Minutes later Blue Screen with Error Code 2168-0002 (0x4a8)

Im on CFW 6.2.0

ive dumped more then 5 times my keys with kezplez and that never happen and now I have a switch don't work, I don't know what I've done wrong.
Kezplez has been pretty much abandoned by its creator hence why it doesn't support higher firmwares such as 6.2 Lockpick is its spiritual successor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo