Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

anothertemper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not even sure how to ask this question, so I'll use examples. Say I have an update file that's v589824. Is there a way to tell what this is in standard numbering that shows up in a game menu, for example version 1.9?

Tasemu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have recently updated to 6.0.1 using Choidejur and now I am continually getting pops regarding a joycon update whenever I want to play a game. What is this update for, should I update my joycons? how should I update them as I am in airplane mode because of SXOS.

Much obliged for any advice! ^^

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
My switch original firm is 4.0.1, i upgraded it to 5.0.1 using the ChoiDujourNX guide and forcing the autoboot RCM, everything works perfect, but last night when i turned on my switch i forgot to put my sd card back in the switch and i ran the payload to boot it up, a few white and red text appeared and then my switch booted into the os, of course i wasnt able to tun hblauncher and i inmediatly turn it off to insider my SD card and do the whole thing again, my question is did i fuck up and burned my fuses by not having the SD inside my switch or im still ok with my fuses not burned? how do i test which or what fuses iv burned so far if any?

cyndor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch original firm is 4.0.1, i upgraded it to 5.0.1 using the ChoiDujourNX guide and forcing the autoboot RCM, everything works perfect, but last night when i turned on my switch i forgot to put my sd card back in the switch and i ran the payload to boot it up, a few white and red text appeared and then my switch booted into the os, of course i wasnt able to tun hblauncher and i inmediatly turn it off to insider my SD card and do the whole thing again, my question is did i fuck up and burned my fuses by not having the SD inside my switch or im still ok with my fuses not burned? how do i test which or what fuses iv burned so far if any?
You're fine, Use briccmii or hekate to check your fuses.
briccmii- https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

jrme421

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
anybody knows how t connect online without being banned? i just need to connect to use retroarch for downloading cores. thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even sure how to ask this question, so I'll use examples. Say I have an update file that's v589824. Is there a way to tell what this is in standard numbering that shows up in a game menu, for example version 1.9?
Kind of. Each update is a multiple of 65536 meaning every subsequent update is the multiple of 65536. For example, v196,608 is the third update for a game. However this doesn't necessarily correspond to the version number, just the order in which the update was released. That type of information would have to be divulged from other sources/
Hi, i have recently updated to 6.0.1 using Choidejur and now I am continually getting pops regarding a joycon update whenever I want to play a game. What is this update for, should I update my joycons? how should I update them as I am in airplane mode because of SXOS.

Much obliged for any advice! ^^
Unless you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 on a modified Joy-Con, the update should be fine. And the update comes from the firmware you installed, not from the Internet.

Reactions: anothertemper

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two switches and only intend to hack 1, is there any risk of my clean switch (or others in my household) being banned? I don’t intend to play online on the hacked one anyways, so what is the actual set back to being banned?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U were right, no fuses burned here tyvm :-) do u also happen to know a good working ftp server for switch?
You can grab the latest SD Files which has an FTP sysmodule which means it'll allow your Switch to run FTP in the background if you select the corresponding Launch Configuration. More instructions can be found on the GitHub page where the SD files can be downloaded from.
I have two switches and only intend to hack 1, is there any risk of my clean switch (or others in my household) being banned? I don’t intend to play online on the hacked one anyways, so what is the actual set back to being banned?
No since Nintendo does not track IP addresses (and even if they did, a dynamic IP address or a VPN can bypass that detection).

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can grab the latest SD Files which has an FTP sysmodule which means it'll allow your Switch to run FTP in the background if you select the corresponding Launch Configuration. More instructions can be found on the GitHub page where the SD files can be downloaded from.
No since Nintendo does not track IP addresses (and even if they did, a dynamic IP address or a VPN can bypass that detection).

Thanks for the response! Currently you can only create a EmuNAND through SXOS right? Are you then able to unlink the SysNAND and EmuNAND and boot into the EmuNAND? I’ve only hacked my 3DS so my experience with this stuff is still rather limited, I guess I’m just trying to determine if now is the appropriate time to start hacking my switch or to wait for further development.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Speaking of owning two units but only hacking one of them: should I sign out of eShop and completely disconnect my Nintendo account from the Switch that I'm currently using and now intend to hack, or does it not matter because if I somehow, someday, do get banned then it will only affect my actual Switch, and not the Nintendo account?

mediavieja

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Tyvm, ill try it today :-)

therealhoothoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
As I'm aware, saves are internally on the storage. Is it okay for me to just delete all my digital games (and physical entries) from my Switch before making a NAND/EMMC backup? If I ever go back to OFW I can just redownload/reinsert these games and the saves should still be there accordingly. Or is it better to just back it up as a whole right now?

And once I've made that backup and put it away somewhere safe, will those files remain when I run CFW? I want to have more internal storage space for NSPs so should I just delete my legit digital games from the system (on CFW, post-backup) or just do it before making a backup?

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I’m using CFW and have had the system in airplane mode since the first day of using it.

Now that YouTube is out, is it possible to go online to use YouTube while also blocking all contact with Nintendo to avoid a ban?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response! Currently you can only create a EmuNAND through SXOS right? Are you then able to unlink the SysNAND and EmuNAND and boot into the EmuNAND? I’ve only hacked my 3DS so my experience with this stuff is still rather limited, I guess I’m just trying to determine if now is the appropriate time to start hacking my switch or to wait for further development.
Unlinking the NANDs is basically keeping track of 2 different Nintendo folders, one for EmuNAND and one for SysNAND. This is because the Nintendo folder houses all installed content (but not saves) which includes games, updates, and DLC.
Speaking of owning two units but only hacking one of them: should I sign out of eShop and completely disconnect my Nintendo account from the Switch that I'm currently using and now intend to hack, or does it not matter because if I somehow, someday, do get banned then it will only affect my actual Switch, and not the Nintendo account?
You actually have more to lose by unlinking the account than keeping it linked. For one, certain games require a linked account or they refuse to launch such as the NES app or Pianista. Secondly, you cannot link an account after being banned so if you don't have one linked but your console gets banned, it is now impossible for you to use such applications on the banned console. Lastly, bans primarily affect consoles not accounts; so long as the console isn't hacked, it should not be affected by any consoles who are hacked/banned and associated with it.
As I'm aware, saves are internally on the storage. Is it okay for me to just delete all my digital games (and physical entries) from my Switch before making a NAND/EMMC backup? If I ever go back to OFW I can just redownload/reinsert these games and the saves should still be there accordingly. Or is it better to just back it up as a whole right now?

And once I've made that backup and put it away somewhere safe, will those files remain when I run CFW? I want to have more internal storage space for NSPs so should I just delete my legit digital games from the system (on CFW, post-backup) or just do it before making a backup?
Either or. The choice is entirely up to you. Just know that any installed content will make the NAND backup larger if you compress it afterwards using something like Winrar or 7zip.

CFW and OFW use the same system storage so anything in OFW will persist in CFW; the only way to separate these is by using EmuNAND but its only been implemented in SX OS and is not the EmuNAND solution implemented in the past. If you want to make more room for CFW/homebrew, you would have to remove/backup anything you have in advance.
I’m using CFW and have had the system in airplane mode since the first day of using it.

Now that YouTube is out, is it possible to go online to use YouTube while also blocking all contact with Nintendo to avoid a ban?
According to a person who uses 90DNS, they cannot use the app which means using it involves connecting to Nintendo's servers so its still not safe nor will it ever be safe to use anything online with CFW.

therealhoothoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Either or. The choice is entirely up to you. Just know that any installed content will make the NAND backup larger if you compress it afterwards using something like Winrar or 7zip.

CFW and OFW use the same system storage so anything in OFW will persist in CFW; the only way to separate these is by using EmuNAND but its only been implemented in SX OS and is not the EmuNAND solution implemented in the past. If you want to make more room for CFW/homebrew, you would have to remove/backup anything you have in advance.

Thanks, I'll just go ahead and delete them beforehand as I won't be playing the same games afterwards.

Is it possible to do all the initial preparation on a Windows 7 PC or do I need to have Windows 10? (drivers, compatibility)
I have an old Win7 laptop but might do a dual-boot if Win10 is necessary for TegraRMCGui and others. I'm on Mac but I'm not very confident of getting the best result on it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to do all the initial preparation on a Windows 7 PC or do I need to have Windows 10? (drivers, compatibility)
I have an old Win7 laptop but might do a dual-boot if Win10 is necessary for TegraRMCGui and others. I'm on Mac but I'm not very confident of getting the best result on it.
Windows 7, 8, and 10 are supported. Don't know about older versions on the other hand.

therealhoothoot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Windows 7, 8, and 10 are supported. Don't know about older versions on the other hand.

That's great to hear, one more question so I don't bother you anymore. When doing the initial payload to boot Hekate and make my NAND/EMMC backup, do I do that solely with PC - (USB-C to USB cable) -> Switch or can I use my SX Pro payload dongle? I know it's used for SX OS after CFW, but I was wondering if the payload on the dongle will work for pre-SX OS purposes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?