Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Aldath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh, as for the risk of installing EMUnand, I was talking about bricking or otherwise losing the ability to use my console lol.
I will get banned anytime soon, I get that feeling lol :/

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, as for the risk of installing EMUnand, I was talking about bricking or otherwise losing the ability to use my console lol.
I will get banned anytime soon, I get that feeling lol :/
Lets just say this: I wouldn't interrupt the process of EmuNAND being created since its creating a copy of your SysNAND. It may corrupt the EmuNAND or even worse, the SysNAND.

MSco

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What is the safest and easiest way to cfw a switch?
I am currently on 4.0.1 or 4.1.0 (I am not sure right now).

Should I use Reinx, Rajnx, Atmosphere, SX OS? Hekate, FuseGelee? I am totally confused. :(

Last edited by MSco,

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First post :)
Im all set up thanks to info here and Reinx guides but not clear on something. I have fat32 card and no intention to use exfat. I have large xci. backup files that need to be converted to nsp. Should you split the xci first and then convert both halves to nsp before placing in tinfoil? Imagine yes as how else would you get large file to fat32 card? Or will tinfoil install 8gb+ nsp file on its own? Im not interested in sx os xci loader as im going the free route ;) Thanks in advance.

Last edited by AlphaBravo,

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What's the deal with running SX os?
Can it be run from Hekate? Or does it need to be flashed to the Trinket/switchme?

Basically SX OS is a custom firmware like atmosphere or Reinx. Hekate is a bootloader that can backup your system nand and load CFW like SX OX. Usual method of getting into CFW is using a payload injector like TegraRcmSmash from pc, provided you are in recovery mode on your switch. Other methods of injecting payload like the SX OS dongle which is very convenient. Even more useful is setting up autorcm so you dont even have to use a jig in the joycon slot.

Last edited by AlphaBravo,

Drillakilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Basically SX OS is a custom firmware like atmosphere or Reinx. Hekate is a bootloader that can backup your system nand and load CFW like SX OX. Usually method of getting into CFW is using a payload injector like TegraRcmSmash from pc, provided you are in recovery mode on your switch.

I have a switchme chip installed which has been flashed with Hekate, I have been launching Reinx through that, can SX os be loaded the same way?

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a switchme chip installed which has been flashed with Hekate, I have been launching Reinx through that, can SX os be loaded the same way?

I dont have a chip myself but provided your you have the appropriate files in root of your sd card, then yes. Im new member and cant provide web links but SX OX both have useful tutorials on their site and youtube on how to do this.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the safest and easiest way to cfw a switch?
I am currently on 4.0.1 or 4.1.0 (I am not sure right now).

Should I use Reinx, Rajnx, Atmosphere, SX OS? Hekate, FuseGelee? I am totally confused. :(
There's no "safest" way to hack a Switch; they all currently use the same exploit so you'll run into the same risk no matter which one you pick. As for CFW, there are a total of 3 distinct ones available: SX OS (which costs money to use all of its features), Atmosphere (which is still in development but usable in its current state), and ReiNX (similar to SX OS in terms of easiness but free). Hekate is a bootloader designed to load CFW; most of the CFW come with their own bootloader. Hekate is primarily used to load Atmosphere but can be used to load the other CFW. Fusee Gelee is the name of the exploit that is used to load CFW; it is the part where you boot your console into RCM and send a payload via USB connection. Fusee Gelee and Hekate are NOT CFW.

As for which one you should pick, the differences are minimal; they all support .XCI and .NSP backups, share extremely similar ban risks, and have around the same chances of a brick (which is close to 0). However Atmosphere and ReiNX are better than SX OS in that they are customizable, have better stability/compatibility with homebrew, and most importantly are free. The choice of whichever CFW you want to use is left up to you:
ReiNX: https://reinx-guide.kukki.me/
Atmosphere: https://www.sdsetup.com/
SX OS: https://sx.xecuter.com/
First post :)
Im all set up thanks to info here and Reinx guides but not clear on something. I have fat32 card and no intention to use exfat. I have large xci. backup files that need to be converted to nsp. Should you split the xci first and then convert both halves to nsp before placing in tinfoil? Imagine yes as how else would you get large file to fat32 card? Or will tinfoil install 8gb+ nsp file on its own? Im not interested in sx os xci loader as im going the free route ;) Thanks in advance.
I don't know if ZeroTwoXCI supports split .XCI files but I guess you can try one of the .XCI splitters, put all of the parts onto your SD card, and try installing it with ZeroTwoXCI. For .NSP files, you have multiple options from network installation, splitting the .NSP file, or installing via a USB connection.

Reactions: MSco

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Im doing the nand backup now. i Have sx PRO and launched hekate, I have 32gb sd card formated as FAT32, also my system has version 2.1 (i think) should I let it continue (its been like 30 mins) or stop it somehow? pls help

And should I connect the switch to charger adapter? I have 52% battery and next to Charge: its says "-446 MA"

Also im on file rawnand.bin.04

Last edited by boleklolek,

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if ZeroTwoXCI supports split .XCI files but I guess you can try one of the .XCI splitters, put all of the parts onto your SD card, and try installing it with ZeroTwoXCI. For .NSP files, you have multiple options from network installation, splitting the .NSP file, or installing via a USB connection.

If i understand correctly, convert 8gb xci file to nsp and then split that so tinfoil can install? I want everything in nsp format for ease of use. I usually just transfer stuff to my SD card via usb but plant to use ftp at some point.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i understand correctly, convert 8gb xci file to nsp and then split that so tinfoil can install? I want everything in nsp format for ease of use. I usually just transfer stuff to my SD card via usb but plant to use ftp at some point.
Well no, you don't have because you may be able to split the .XCI into parts to use with installing directly as an .XCI with ZeroTwoXCI. But if you want everything to be in .NSP format, you will have to convert the .XCI file into .NSP format before splitting it.

Reactions: AlphaBravo

AlphaBravo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well no, you don't have because you may be able to split the .XCI into parts to use with installing directly as an .XCI with ZeroTwoXCI. But if you want everything to be in .NSP format, you will have to convert the .XCI file into .NSP format before splitting it.

Will give it a go and get back to you. Was curious how tinfoil would deal with two separate nsp files. Do you just install one after the other or are they seen as one file? Never saw much info on this subject so thanks for the help.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will give it a go and get back to you. Was curious how tinfoil would deal with two separate nsp files. Do you just install one after the other or are they seen as one file? Never saw much info on this subject so thanks for the help.
I would assume it would just install each .NSP file individually if it was split into parts. After all, it can install updates, DLC, and a game all out of order and it will work fine.

Reactions: AlphaBravo

sf1215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where I can reliably get all of the reinx files necessary to run it for fw 6.0.0 because their official repo is down

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where I can reliably get all of the reinx files necessary to run it for fw 6.0.0 because their official repo is down
Use this mirror until the original mirror returns: https://reinx-guide.kukki.me/

Also some of the directly hosted files such as the toolkit are not available for download even with the new site.

bradstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi,
planning to jailbreak my switch. However, I don't want my account to be banned. I'm planning on deleting/unlinking my account first, then doing the jailbreak. and maybe link my account to another switch (non-jailbroken), will i lose all my purchased games and saves?

also any advice on any alternatives for this?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
planning to jailbreak my switch. However, I don't want my account to be banned. I'm planning on deleting/unlinking my account first, then doing the jailbreak. and maybe link my account to another switch (non-jailbroken), will i lose all my purchased games and saves?

also any advice on any alternatives for this?
Your only option for unlinking the Nintendo Account is to call Nintendo to have them un-link it for you as long as you give them a satisfactory reason such as losing the console. However Nintendo rarely, if ever, bans the account and typically bans the console. In order to get the account banned, you have to do something very serious like playing a game before release date online. If you successfully manage to un-link the account, all of your legitimately purchased games will no longer work but the saves are tied the console not the account so they will work regardless.

bradstevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Your only option for unlinking the Nintendo Account is to call Nintendo to have them un-link it for you as long as you give them a satisfactory reason such as losing the console. However Nintendo rarely, if ever, bans the account and typically bans the console. In order to get the account banned, you have to do something very serious like playing a game before release date online. If you successfully manage to un-link the account, all of your legitimately purchased games will no longer work but the saves are tied the console not the account so they will work regardless.

thanks for your reply! okay. so if I buy a new switch, I cant transfer my profile there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...