Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, hoe good is the NSP installer built in SX OS 2.0? I've tried to install Stardew Valley and Overcooked DLC.
Stardew Valley gives me a 2002-0001 error, and the DLC for Overcooked gives me "Unplayable Downloadable Content", even tho the Too Many Cooks pack works and the update did too, both as NSP. I'm running 6.0 OFW.
Rommenu aka SX OS' built in title installer has been known to corrupt anything it installs. Try installing them using the homebrew app, Tinfoil, and see if the problems persist.
Is it possible to decrypt stardew valley game files and mod it like you can for pc?
It would appear so: https://gbatemp.net/threads/install-stardew-valley-pc-mods-on-switch-using-layeredfs.513598/

kiiinglouie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n00b here. i have a switch on 5.1.0 and i've been using SXOS(currently using 2.0... i bought the license before everything came to light about TX) i'm looking to sell the switch so i can help my nephew build his first gaming pc. i wish to remove all traces of SXOS and homebrew. i did a full nand back up with a tutorial i found here with hekate before i did anything homebrew or SX OS related. logic dictates to restore the nand, is this the best route? or is there some other precautions i can use to ensure that the new owner wont have issues?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
n00b here. i have a switch on 5.1.0 and i've been using SXOS(currently using 2.0... i bought the license before everything came to light about TX) i'm looking to sell the switch so i can help my nephew build his first gaming pc. i wish to remove all traces of SXOS and homebrew. i did a full nand back up with a tutorial i found here with hekate before i did anything homebrew or SX OS related. logic dictates to restore the nand, is this the best route? or is there some other precautions i can use to ensure that the new owner wont have issues?
Restore the clean hack-free NAND you mae as well as boot0/boot1 to remove all traces of CFW/homebrew

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
Guys I just bought my switch which will arrive tommorow.. it will probably come with version 4.0.1 according to this post https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

I also bought SX PRO + OS. Please help me out, what should I do? I know there is tutorial on how to use SX PRO, but besides that is there anything I should backup or something????????

1) heard something about backuping NAND??? what is this..
2) Should I update my console to 5.1?? I really want to play Mario Party which states it needs 5.1 (xci file of course)

Any help would be appreciated..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys I just bought my switch which will arrive tommorow.. it will probably come with version 4.0.1 according to this post https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/

I also bought SX PRO + OS. Please help me out, what should I do? I know there is tutorial on how to use SX PRO, but besides that is there anything I should backup or something????????

1) heard something about backuping NAND??? what is this..
2) Should I update my console to 5.1?? I really want to play Mario Party which states it needs 5.1 (xci file of course)

Any help would be appreciated..
  1. Backup the NAND and boot0/boot1 using Hekate by following this tutorial. It can be found under Extra/Important
  2. 5.1 is the best firmware for CFW currently however the only way to update to that firmware is by using the homebrew app ChoiDujourNX. In that same tutorial I linked you above is a guide on how to use ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses. Fuses are designed to prevent downgrading. Keep in mind that AutoRCM will be installed to prevent your fuses from being burnt accidentally however AutoRCM is more useful than most people give it credit for and is harmless if used appropriately

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
  1. Backup the NAND and boot0/boot1 using Hekate by following this tutorial. It can be found under Extra/Important
  2. 5.1 is the best firmware for CFW currently however the only way to update to that firmware is by using the homebrew app ChoiDujourNX. In that same tutorial I linked you above is a guide on how to use ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses. Fuses are designed to prevent downgrading. Keep in mind that AutoRCM will be installed to prevent your fuses from being burnt accidentally however AutoRCM is more useful than most people give it credit for and is harmless if used appropriately

Thank you for your answer! in point 1) It says boot to RCM mode. If I bought SX PRO it comes with "some hardware" that boots me to RCM mode, right??

Also you state that I SHOULD update to 5.1 via homebrew app, but isnt SX PRO ONLY for versions <5.1???

And finally do I really need SX PRO + OS???? All I want honestly is to play all the backups (the ones now are new games once they come out)

Thank you again kind man!

Last edited by boleklolek,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your answer! in point 1) It says boot to RCM mode. If I bought SX PRO it comes with "some hardware" that boots me to RCM mode, right??

Also you state that I SHOULD update to 5.1 via homebrew app, but isnt SX PRO ONLY for versions <5.1???

And finally do I really need SX PRO + OS???? All I want honestly is to play all the backups (the ones now are new games once they come out)

Thank you again kind man!
  1. You can use the SX Pro jig to enter RCM then the dongle to boot into CFW such as SX OS
  2. SX Pro relies on a hardware-based exploit, not a software one so firmware is irrelevant; what matters is your serial number which you claimed to have checked in advance. No matter what firmware you update to, the SX Pro will work as long as your hardware is vulnerable to the exploit
  3. All CFW support .XCI and .NSP so you don't need SX OS per se, but the dongle and jig are quite useful for loading any CFW so I wouldn't say you don't need them entirely. I use a paperclip to enter RCM which is not the easiest thing in the world to do

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
  1. You can use the SX Pro jig to enter RCM then the dongle to boot into CFW such as SX OS
  2. SX Pro relies on a hardware-based exploit, not a software one so firmware is irrelevant; what matters is your serial number which you claimed to have checked in advance. No matter what firmware you update to, the SX Pro will work as long as your hardware is vulnerable to the exploit
  3. All CFW support .XCI and .NSP so you don't need SX OS per se, but the dongle and jig are quite useful for loading any CFW so I wouldn't say you don't need them entirely. I use a paperclip to enter RCM which is not the easiest thing in the world to do

2) ahhh I get it now, thanks man. Mine switch which will arrive tommorow is XAJ40011XXX (checked in the other thread the people said its good)
3) Isnt this thing enough to enter RCM https://allegro.pl/narzedzie-jig-rcm-sx-pro-sx-os-switch-xecuter-i7532917683.html it costs like 5$ and SX PRO costs 80$

4) How would I play backups/install CFW if not via SX PRO? According to the other thread mine switch will arrive with version 2.1 - 2.3 firmware (serial number starts with XAJ40011XXX)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2) ahhh I get it now, thanks man. Mine switch which will arrive tommorow is XAJ40011XXX (checked in the other thread the people said its good)
3) Isnt this thing enough to enter RCM https://allegro.pl/narzedzie-jig-rcm-sx-pro-sx-os-switch-xecuter-i7532917683.html it costs like 5$ and SX PRO costs 80$

4) How would I play backups/install CFW if not via SX PRO? According to the other thread mine switch will arrive with version 2.1 - 2.3 firmware (serial number starts with XAJ40011XXX)
3) Should be, yes. SX Pro is good but certainly overpriced
4)Depends on which CFW you want to use. Currently there are 3 unique CFW available; SX OS, Atmosphere, and ReiNX. I will link guides to the other two down below.
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere: https://www.sdsetup.com/

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
3) Should be, yes. SX Pro is good but certainly overpriced
4)Depends on which CFW you want to use. Currently there are 3 unique CFW available; SX OS, Atmosphere, and ReiNX. I will link guides to the other two down below.
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere: https://www.sdsetup.com/

4) Would you recommend for me going for SX PRO and play backups hassle-free (the price for that is 80$ which is a lot for me) or go reinx/atmosphere??
5) How would I know if my switch can be hacked with reinx/atmosphere? I have read both websites but cant find anything regarding this..

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4) Would you recommend for me going for SX PRO and play backups hassle-free (the price for that is 80$ which is a lot for me) or go reinx/atmosphere??
5) How would I know if my switch can be hacked with reinx/atmosphere? I have read both websites but cant find anything regarding this..
4)My personal recommendation is to use the free CFWs over the paid ones since they both accomplish the same things for the end-user but at the end of the day, the choice is yours.
5)All CFW currently use the same exploit so if is susceptible to SX Pro, then you can use any of the free alternatives as well

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
4)My personal recommendation is to use the free CFWs over the paid ones since they both accomplish the same things for the end-user but at the end of the day, the choice is yours.
5)All CFW currently use the same exploit so if is susceptible to SX Pro, then you can use any of the free alternatives as well

Last question mate promise ;P

6) If I do go for the SX PRO, how do I load the hekate and backup my NAND?? I dont see anything in the guide you linked that says how to do that when someone has SX PRO

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last question mate promise ;P

6) If I do go for the SX PRO, how do I load the hekate and backup my NAND?? I dont see anything in the guide you linked that says how to do that when someone has SX PRO
SX Pro supports chainloading meaning you can put other payload.bin files on your SD card and load them from the SX OS menu. Alternatively, you can just send Hekate as a payload instead of SX OS to boot into the Hekate menu and dump your NAND.

boleklolek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
SX Pro supports chainloading meaning you can put other payload.bin files on your SD card and load them from the SX OS menu. Alternatively, you can just send Hekate as a payload instead of SX OS to boot into the Hekate menu and dump your NAND.

Sorry man but I dont get what you are saying, the payload is the "file" of the CFW right? I just place the hekate cfw to the sd card and thats it? And do the dump according to the guide you linked earlier, yes? Nothing can happen, like brick or my SX license getting banned or my house getting hit by asteroid??

EDIT: According to their site https://team-xecuter.com/sx-os-v2-0-announcement/ I can do NAND dump without installing hekate/w.e

Is that right or Im miss-understanding that?

Last edited by boleklolek,

Aldath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Currently using 6.0 OFW with SX OS 2.1.0. What are the benefits of using EMUNAND and is there any risk by installing it?
BTW, what space is the best to asign to EMUNAND in system storage?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry man but I dont get what you are saying, the payload is the "file" of the CFW right? I just place the hekate cfw to the sd card and thats it? And do the dump according to the guide you linked earlier, yes? Nothing can happen, like brick or my SX license getting banned or my house getting hit by asteroid??

EDIT: According to their site https://team-xecuter.com/sx-os-v2-0-announcement/ I can do NAND dump without installing hekate/w.e

Is that right or Im miss-understanding that?
Time for some background knowledge. The current exploit, called Fusee Gelee, is a vulnerability of the bootrom of the Switch. The way it works is we send a massive amount of data via USB to cause it to fail and slip in some unsigned code to run and take over the Switch. To send this data, we must first enter the RCM of the Switch which is accomplished by grounding pin 10 on the right Joy-Con rail. Once in RCM, you send a "payload" which initiates the exploit. Payloads have the .bin format. To send a payload, you hook the Switch up to a device via USB that can send payloads (e.g. PC, MacOS, Android) then send a payload via a launcher, which varies from device to device. The SX Pro dongle which automates the entire process. These payloads can typically double as "bootloaders" which means they can launch CFW. Examples include Hekate, ReiNX, and SX OS Loader.

CFW on the other hand are files on the SD card that patch the firmware of the device you are running. You cannot load a CFW without an exploit beforehand because most, if not all, devices are not designed to run random files from external locations. For the Switch, we use payloads that double as bootloaders to enable CFW. Examples of CFW are Atmosphere, ReiNX (ReiNX has a bootloader/payload and CFW SD card files), and SX OS (referred to as boot.dat).

With the technicalities out of the way, Hekate is a payload/bootloader that can not only load CFWs but perform a myriad of other functions such as dumping the NAND. To load Hekate, you either do what I said earlier and send it as a payload from your device of choice or you chainload it from the SX OS menu which involves putting the hekate.bin file on your SD card.

As for dumping the NAND with SX OS, Hekate has been dumping the NAND for months now (since May) while SX OS has just now added that feature. I would much rather trust a tool that has been doing it for longer than one that just recently implemented it because the older one is more trustworthy. However I cannot stop you if you decide to dump the NAND with SX OS instead. Also whichever one you select, make sure you dump the NAND and boot0/boot1.
Currently using 6.0 OFW with SX OS 2.1.0. What are the benefits of using EMUNAND and is there any risk by installing it?
BTW, what space is the best to asign to EMUNAND in system storage?
EmuNAND is a file that is installed into the USER partition of your SysNAND and modifies the boot1 so it can load that when you choose to do so. So far, nobody has been banned for using it which can be attributed to a number of various reasons but it is detectable so I would not say it is completely safe to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta catch em all lol