Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

randomgbanoob123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can dump the NAND in parts if the SD card doesn't have the free space available or is formatted as FAT32.
Can I load hekate on fat32 get to dumping process then swap to exfat microsd? I don't want to dump in multiple parts but I don't have exfat update and dumping after I update with chou is a stupid idea...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I load hekate on fat32 get to dumping process then swap to exfat microsd? I don't want to dump in multiple parts but I don't have exfat update and dumping after I update with chou is a stupid idea...
You can dump the NAND using an exFAT formatted SD card on a console that doesn't support exFAT in Hekate since Hekate is loaded in RCM not Horizon.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm better off installing homebrew just by sd card instead of online? any reason to stay on 4.0.1
Firmwares 4.1 and below have access to an unreleased exploit that doesn't require a jig and USB so its more handy than launching the RCM exploit for some users. If you want to update, I would recommend using the homebrew app ChoiDujourNX to update your firmware without burning fuses to preserve a path for downgrading in the future.

Reactions: Regained

EpicRickyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey!

So I think I bricked my system. Following the guides I launched hekate to back everything up. I then launched ChoiDujourNx to update the firmware, but after I injected the payload I was met with a blackscreen that remained. I can't see to do anything with it now. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey!

So I think I bricked my system. Following the guides I launched hekate to back everything up. I then launched ChoiDujourNx to update the firmware, but after I injected the payload I was met with a blackscreen that remained. I can't see to do anything with it now. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!
If you formatted the SD card as exFAT and your console doesn't support exFAT, your console will be unable to load the CFW because it cannot read the SD card. Format the SD card to FAT32.

EpicRickyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you formatted the SD card as exFAT and your console doesn't support exFAT, your console will be unable to load the CFW because it cannot read the SD card. Format the SD card to FAT32.
My card is formatted to FAT32 for everything I've done. Now It won't switch on at all, or be detected by TegraRCMgui

Last edited by EpicRickyC,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it still unreleased if only 4.1 and below are capable of using it?
Because it hasn't been fully patched out on firmwares 5.X in the hopes this exploit could be used on the ipatched Switch units as well as the upcoming Mariko units (although the possibility of those carrying firmware 6.X is increasing by the day).
My card is formatted to FAT32 for everything I've done.
Guide? CFW? Payload? You left out some crucial details in your first post that makes it hard to troubleshoot.

Reactions: EpicRickyC

EpicRickyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guide? CFW? Payload? You left out some crucial details in your first post that makes it hard to troubleshoot.
I didn't do too much. I formatted my memory card to FAT32. Followed the general guide to launch hekate (gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/) using hekate_ctcaer_4.2.bin with TegraRcmGUI. Everything was fine, and I backed up my nand.

Second I wanted to update my firmware from 3.0.1 to 5.1.0. I think I've realised my mistake, I used hekate to launch the ChoiDujourNX.nro file, when I was meant to launch it from a homebrew menu using a CFW? Well I launched it through hekate and I just ended up with a blackscreen that I'm stuck with aha.

EDIT - I fixed it through holding the power button for 12 seconds. Thanks for the help

Last edited by EpicRickyC,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't do too much. I formatted my memory card to FAT32. Followed the general guide to launch hekate (gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-ctcaer-mod.502604/) using hekate_ctcaer_4.2.bin with TegraRcmGUI. Everything was fine, and I backed up my nand.

Second I wanted to update my firmware from 3.0.1 to 5.1.0. I think I've realised my mistake, I used hekate to launch the ChoiDujourNX.nro file, when I was meant to launch it from a homebrew menu using a CFW? Well I launched it through hekate and I just ended up with a blackscreen that I'm stuck with aha.
There's your problem; you didn't have a CFW to boot ChoiDujourNX with. Hekate is just a bootloader; its role is to boot CFW. The 3 available CFW are ReiNX, Atmosphere, and SX OS. I'll attach guides for each of them below for you to setup the SD card with.
ReiNX: https://reinx.guide/
Atmosphere: https://www.sdsetup.com/
SX OS: https://sx.xecuter.com/

Reactions: EpicRickyC

EpicRickyC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's your problem; you didn't have a CFW to boot ChoiDujourNX with. Hekate is just a bootloader; its role is to boot CFW. The 3 available CFW are ReiNX, Atmosphere, and SX OS. I'll attach guides for each of them below for you to setup the SD card with.
Thanks again! I have ReiNX up and running and I've updated the firmware no problem :)

Reactions: Draxzelex

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Does the Switch save all the error codes? I mean, only 10 shows up at the Error History.

If it does, how can i check my full error history? I guess with a NAND dump or something similar.

Vaatu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone here know how to make NSP media players? I haven't found any tutorials but already have 4 installed that were made by the community (they're excellent btw)

I have Homebrew Framework installed but don't know where to start. If anyone can send me to a guide or help me out/teach me...that would be amazing!

Scrface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play multi player on emulators? Once I take the joy cons off and seitch the settings how do o boot the emulators (usually r2 and a)

zerohealinzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
with the Retroarch NRO i can speed up GB/GBA games by holding the right joystick to the right. With the NSP release i cant get it to work. searched settings but i see nothing about fast forwarding. Can anyone please point me to the right direction?

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update your firmware now, you will most likely burn fuses meaning you will be unable to downgrade in the hopes for a future exploit that works on lower firmware. However if you make a clean hack-free NAND backup then use homebrew to update your firmware without burning fuses, you are still in an advantageous position.

What you do you mean by "in the hopes for a future exploit that works on lower firmware."

The exploits that work on from 4.1 - 6.0 allow for homebrew and running unsigned code. What else I could I hope for in the future?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you do you mean by "in the hopes for a future exploit that works on lower firmware."

The exploits that work on from 4.1 - 6.0 allow for homebrew and running unsigned code. What else I could I hope for in the future?
The exploit that you're referring to is not dependent on firmware but the hardware of the console; meaning it works on all firmwares currently and yet-to-be released. However this exploit requires the need to enter RCM with a jig or equivalent and a device to send payloads with via USB connection. Not everyone wishes to perform this hardmod for CFW as evidenced in this thread. The unreleased exploit known as Deja Vu and works up to firmwares 4.1 doesn't rely on RCM or a USB cable but rather a network connection; the point is it involves less hardware than the current exploit. Regardless, no one can predict the future or what exploits will be available on what firmware so having a lower firmware is still better than having a higher firmware because it means you have more options available to you. Having unburnt fuses on higher firmwares is the best of both worlds; you reap the benefits of being on a higher firmware while having access to potential exploits on lower firmwares.

Reactions: loler55

Scipio_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exploit that you're referring to is not dependent on firmware but the hardware of the console; meaning it works on all firmwares currently and yet-to-be released. However this exploit requires the need to enter RCM with a jig or equivalent and a device to send payloads with via USB connection. Not everyone wishes to perform this hardmod for CFW as evidenced in this thread. The unreleased exploit known as Deja Vu and works up to firmwares 4.1 doesn't rely on RCM or a USB cable but rather a network connection; the point is it involves less hardware than the current exploit. Regardless, no one can predict the future or what exploits will be available on what firmware so having a lower firmware is still better than having a higher firmware because it means you have more options available to you. Having unburnt fuses on higher firmwares is the best of both worlds; you reap the benefits of being on a higher firmware while having access to potential exploits on lower firmwares.

So what you're saying is if I'm comfortable using a hardmod, then I can upgrade and burn my fuses knowing that when I want to run homebrew I'll have to do so using some sort of jig.

However, if I'd prefer a soft mod (deja vu or some other future exploit) it's best to upgrade without burning fuses and backing up my current nand. Is that right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y