Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

mesakagi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my switch connects to internet regardless if I have updates blocked will I get banned straight away because I have nsp and homebvrews installed?

Last edited by mesakagi,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If my switch connects to internet regardless if I have updates blocked will I get banned straight away because I have nsp and homebvrews installed?
If you only updates blocked and not the telemetry URLs then yes. And there are several telemetry URLs. I know 90DNS blocks all Nintendo-related traffic meaning it blocks updates and telemetry but the others I'm not so sure about.

Reactions: mesakagi

MeatieMeat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so just a shot in the dark but could it be because I dont have nintendo online ? I cant play mario kart 8 online anymore

And no to custom dns

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I think I am banned I got error 2124-4025 what is this error exactly
However what's weird is that this is the error code for a cartridge certificate ban, not a digital title ban (that error code would be 2124-4024).

Orangutango

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every now and again i see mention of a boot from rcm log or something along those lines, is this something the switch stores? My switch booted into Horizon from rcm (showed a battery icon right before) due to it not being recognized for payloads. I fixed it then got my pure unhacked dumps, but are they storing a ban flag?

Thanks for the help in advance I appreciate it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every now and again i see mention of a boot from rcm log or something along those lines, is this something the switch stores? My switch booted into Horizon from rcm (showed a battery icon right before) due to it not being recognized for payloads. I fixed it then got my pure unhacked dumps, but are they storing a ban flag?

Thanks for the help in advance I appreciate it.
Well RCM is an intended feature of the hardware courtesy of Nvidia so I doubt they would ban users just for entering that mode. There's the possibility repair services or even Nintendo themselves make usage of it in some capacity which leads to me to doubt that people would be banned for using RCM. Even the payloads that are sent are not written anywhere since it relies on a bootrom that is read-only so there is really nowhere for the data to be saved (RCM and payloads are loaded before the NAND).

Reactions: Orangutango

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, couple of questions: I'm very tempted to try out Switch homebrew for the first time, original model, system version 6.0.0

1 - Just how safe is AutoRCM mode via USB-C to USB-A (no jig, software/payload method)?
2 - Is NAND backup safe to run on 6.0.0 consoles with payloads sent via TegraRCM GUI?

I may need a secondhand consoles as I currently don't want to risk permabricking my current one.

Thank you.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, couple of questions: I'm very tempted to try out Switch homebrew for the first time, original model, system version 6.0.0

1 - Just how safe is AutoRCM mode via USB-C to USB-A (no jig, software/payload method)?
2 - Is NAND backup safe to run on 6.0.0 consoles with payloads sent via TegraRCM GUI?

I may need a secondhand consoles as I currently don't want to risk permabricking my current one.

Thank you.
  1. AutoRCM removes the need for a jig, not for sending a payload. As for how safe AutoRCM is, just be aware that powering off the console from Horizon (Switch's OS) will cause it to reboot into RCM. If you must turn it off, it has to be done in RCM. Otherwise sleep mode works great
  2. Not sure I quite understand the question here. Making a NAND backup is safe to do and there are 2 main ways of doing that; either by using the payload Hekate or the homebrew ReiNX toolkit. I recommend Hekate since it is loaded before the NAND unlike the toolkit
what is the best method of hacking a switch on firmware 6.0.0.
The same exploit used by all other firmwares; Fusee Gelee.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. AutoRCM removes the need for a jig, not for sending a payload. As for how safe AutoRCM is, just be aware that powering off the console from Horizon (Switch's OS) will cause it to reboot into RCM. If you must turn it off, it has to be done in RCM. Otherwise sleep mode works great
  2. Not sure I quite understand the question here. Making a NAND backup is safe to do and there are 2 main ways of doing that; either by using the payload Hekate or the homebrew ReiNX toolkit. I recommend Hekate since it is loaded before the NAND unlike the toolkit
The same exploit used by all other firmwares; Fusee Gelee.

Luckily, I rarely turn it off, but almost always use it in Sleep Mode, only time I turn if off is if a game locks up (rare). Maybe I worded the second question badly, essentially, I want to ensure that NAND backup is safe to do, I do plan on using Hekate, and I assume the TegraRCM GUI is what I use to install the driver for my PC as well as when I connect the USB to the Switch? I cannot apologize enough for being such a noob, I'm leaning towards a second console as a precaution.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luckily, I rarely turn it off, but almost always use it in Sleep Mode, only time I turn if off is if a game locks up (rare). Maybe I worded the second question badly, essentially, I want to ensure that NAND backup is safe to do, I do plan on using Hekate, and I assume the TegraRCM GUI is what I use to install the driver for my PC as well as when I connect the USB to the Switch? I cannot apologize enough for being such a noob, I'm leaning towards a second console as a precaution.
Yes it is completely safe to do. Hekate is loaded in RCM before the NAND is running so you have no chance at messing up unless you are doing a partial NAND and boot into Horizon by accident which will mean you have to start over. Outside of that, it shouldn't leave any traces in your console since the exploit is temporary and Hekate is loaded before the NAND.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is completely safe to do. Hekate is loaded in RCM before the NAND is running so you have no chance at messing up unless you are doing a partial NAND and boot into Horizon by accident which will mean you have to start over. Outside of that, it shouldn't leave any traces in your console since the exploit is temporary and Hekate is loaded before the NAND.

Just making sure, still, it's the only Switch I have, and I guess what makes me wary is that it's half mine, and my brother went halvesies on it, if that makes sense. That's why I'm suggesting it may be good to get another system to use for homebrew, but...costs are an issue. And I highly doubt anyone on here has a Switch they're willing to sell me.

Reactions: Draxzelex

zboubinou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi guys i went through some troubles.
Firstly, I have sometimes the 0x00234a02 error code with tinfoil while installing nsp. My solution was to redownload or re transfer my nsp to my sdcard and sometimes it worked.
I also had a trouble with captain toad. If i quit it, i can't launch it again ("the software closed because a problem occured"). My solution was to reinstall it or even reboot my switch to install it again.
Not sure what i did first but i :
- update ReiNX from 1.6 to 1.7
- tried to delete captain toad ticket with tinfoil (dont remember when) but since, tinfoil can't create the ticket and i can't launch the game (Switch want ti verify the property of the game)
- i used hekate to remove archives bits on sd to solve some problems but now all my games give me the error "the software closed because a problem occured"

Do you have any clues on what's happening ?

I am on 5.1 (did that with ChoidujourNX), ReiNX 1.7 btw.
I am also using an Aliner sdcard. Do you think it can be the problem ?

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just making sure, still, it's the only Switch I have, and I guess what makes me wary is that it's half mine, and my brother went halvesies on it, if that makes sense. That's why I'm suggesting it may be good to get another system to use for homebrew, but...costs are an issue. And I highly doubt anyone on here has a Switch they're willing to sell me.

Just wanted to let you know that Draxzelex helped get me up and running on a brand new Switch last week. The first thing I did was made a NAND backup and then went the homebrew route etc...everything seems mint and no major issues at all. I am even using exFAT and just upgraded to a 400GB SD card. I have yet to have some kind of corruption issue with the card like others said they have had....backed everything up just in case. So far I have thrown Arcade, PC Engine CD, TG 16 CD, Sega CD, Genesis, SNES , NES and Switch backups at it....all is well. It made the Switch even more amazing! Currently waiting on my Atmosphere payload pusher to arrive but other than that it's nice :) and just wanted to let you know that if you follow directions (and they are simple) you should be good and will certainly enjoy it.

Last edited by CobraX83,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol