Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

zboubinou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thought about it too but cause it's a homebrew i have to launch a CFW first right ? So format my sdcard in FAT32 to launch ReiNX, then launch Choidujour to update exfat, then format it again to exfat and put all of ReiNX on it again right ?

Snowify

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used my sx os pro for the first time yesterday and had a similar problem. I had to get the license online via my pc. Do you have a license-request.dat on your micro sd card?

I tried about 10 Times but no licence dat created when i start the CFW he told me Ops you dont have a licence we Generate one, then says file is generated but when i take sd card doesnt any file on it only the boot.dat

AcuRaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To Link or Unlink my Nintendo ID, I don't understand.

Nintendo says after 9/18/2018 I will NOT be able to unlink my Nintendo ID from my hacked switch. Is that good or bad? I have a lot of digital game purchases on my Nintendo ID. I plan one day to buy a new "unhacked" switch and play my legit games on there. So if I "unlink" my hacked switch now, my Nintendo ID will be safe to add to a new console? Am I understanding tis correctly?

What do I do with my "hacked" switch, create a new Nintendo User ID for it?

Last edited by AcuRaw,

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried about 10 Times but no licence dat created when i start the CFW he told me Ops you dont have a licence we Generate one, then says file is generated but when i take sd card doesnt any file on it only the boot.dat
Oh, sorry, I don't know what's wrong... Maybe try with a different micro sd card? Or re-download the boot file? Only have the boot file on the micro sd card and try it then?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i keep getting "a new update is available" when trying to start games on Reinx what do i do to get rid of this?
You can try the following first:
1. First make sure you cancel the upgrade!
2. Then press the power button and hold for about 5 seconds
3. Choose power off
4. Hold down VOL+ and VOL- and pres simultaneously the power button
5. Choose update but do not update... instead cancel the process!
6. Shut down the console and restart normally

However, when connected to the internet it will soon prompt for update.
If that doesn't work, you can try using the Reset Required Firmware Version from DevMenu. If those 2 options don't work, its possible something else was installed into your console when you installed a .NSP file that is causing your console to detect an available to update. However, we currently do not know what or where this file is so the only solution from this point would be to install the update(s).
To Link or Unlink my Nintendo ID, I don't understand.

Nintendo says after 9/18/2018 I will NOT be able to unlink my Nintendo ID from my hacked switch. Is that good or bad? I have a lot of digital game purchases on my Nintendo ID. I plan one day to buy a new "unhacked" switch and play my legit games on there. So if I "unlink" my hacked switch now, my Nintendo ID will be safe to add to a new console? Am I understanding tis correctly?

What do I do with my "hacked" switch, create a new Nintendo User ID for it?
This is misleading. On firmware 6.0, Nintendo removed the ability to unlink the Nintendo Account from your console. However Nintendo still retains the ability to unlink Nintendo Accounts which can be done by either calling or using the live text option. On top of this, Nintendo rarely ever bans the account, only the device it is being used on. However, once a console gets banned, you cannot unlink the account without calling Nintendo anyways so that much hasn't changed. Lastly, a Nintendo Account has no bearing on whether a console gets banned or not as you can get banned without any Nintendo Account associated with the console.

impeio92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, I heard that after the update you cant unlink your nintendo account. I made the account recently and dont have any game in it. its really neccesary to unlink in my case?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi, I heard that after the update you cant unlink your nintendo account. I made the account recently and dont have any game in it. its really neccesary to unlink in my case?

AcuRaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have two Nintendo switches linked to 1 Nintendo ID? The only thing I'm worried about is being able to buy a new switch and get all my games back.

My current switch is super banned. So I no longer have the option to redownload all my game purchases.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Someone already asked this question so I'll just copy and paste my answer:
This is misleading. On firmware 6.0, Nintendo removed the ability to unlink the Nintendo Account from your console. However Nintendo still retains the ability to unlink Nintendo Accounts which can be done by either calling or using the live text option. On top of this, Nintendo rarely ever bans the account, only the device it is being used on. However, once a console gets banned, you cannot unlink the account without calling Nintendo anyways so that much hasn't changed. Lastly, a Nintendo Account has no bearing on whether a console gets banned or not as you can get banned without any Nintendo Account associated with the console.

Is it possible to have two Nintendo switches linked to 1 Nintendo ID? The only thing I'm worried about is being able to buy a new switch and get all my games back.

My current switch is super banned. So I no longer have the option to redownload all my game purchases.
I don't believe you can have 2 consoles using one Account.

lazyolandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Thanks for all of your help so far. I think I'm finally getting my head around this, but I wanted to be 100% and have a few more questions.
I'm going to be using SX OX (just waiting on the pro delivery). So far, I think this is what I need to do:

Before touching CFW, backup the NAND by using Canna's tutorial.

Load SX OX CFW, sort out licence etc and enable AutoRCM.

Load Homebrew Launcher & Appstore (is this safe?) .
Block system updates (does this block cart updates?).

Update FW without burning fuses, by using rajkosto's tutorial.

I'm not sure I understand the "protective hekate_ipl.ini" part from the update FW guide. Can someone explain this? I'm currently on FW 4.1.0 if that makes a difference?

Will this give me the exFAT update?
Is it safe to go up to the latest FW?

Is the above in the correct order? Am I missing anything?

Thanks.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks for all of your help so far. I think I'm finally getting my head around this, but I wanted to be 100% and have a few more questions.
I'm going to be using SX OX (just waiting on the pro delivery). So far, I think this is what I need to do:

Before touching CFW, backup the NAND by using Canna's tutorial.

Load SX OX CFW, sort out licence etc and enable AutoRCM.

Load Homebrew Launcher & Appstore (is this safe?) .
Block system updates (does this block cart updates?).

Update FW without burning fuses, by using rajkosto's tutorial.

I'm not sure I understand the "protective hekate_ipl.ini" part from the update FW guide. Can someone explain this? I'm currently on FW 4.1.0 if that makes a difference?

Will this give me the exFAT update?
Is it safe to go up to the latest FW?

Is the above in the correct order? Am I missing anything?

Thanks.
  1. The protective hekate_ipl.ini is needed if you plan to be loading CFW directly from Hekate. If you're using another CFW such as SX OS or ReiNX that launch the CFW automatically without the need for a .ini file, you don't need it.
  2. By updating firmware without burning fuses, I assume you mean ChoiDujourNX. And ChoiDujourNX can give you exFAT support as long as you click the exFAT option when updating (you'll have 2 options between the firmware number without exFAT and with it)
  3. You can go to any firmware except 6.0. Once it is safe to update to 6.0, there will be an announcement from the community

lazyolandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks again for your help!

Yes, I meant ChoiDujourNX. That's awesome that it helps with exFAT too :D

Where can I get firmware from though? I've been trying to use xbins, but can't get it working. I've never used mIRC or FTP before, so it's all fairly confusing.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for your help!

Yes, I meant ChoiDujourNX. That's awesome that it helps with exFAT too :D

Where can I get firmware from though? I've been trying to use xbins, but can't get it working. I've never used mIRC or FTP before, so it's all fairly confusing.
You can try downloading the program autoxbins which will automatically connect to xbins FTP server for you. Be warned that your anti-virus will flag it as malware since it is an FTP client so you must disable that if you wish to download and use autoxbins.

lazyolandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh wow, that was so much easier! Thanks for confirming that it's all legit. Downloading 5.1.0.

So, is my approach above correct / in the correct order?
Do you think I'm missing anything?
I'm just anxious to get everything right :blink:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, that was so much easier! Thanks for confirming that it's all legit. Downloading 5.1.0.

So, is my approach above correct / in the correct order?
Do you think I'm missing anything?
I'm just anxious to get everything right :blink:
Everything is fine. Just one thing I forgot to mention. When you use ChoiDujourNX to update without burning fuses, it'll install AutoRCM by default. Now it doesn't matter whether you have AutoRCM installed before or not as it'll overwrite whatever AutoRCM you have installed with another (but both of these AutoRCM function identically).

lazyolandy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now it doesn't matter whether you have AutoRCM installed before or not as it'll overwrite whatever AutoRCM you have installed with another (but both of these AutoRCM function identically).

Right, I get you. That's good to know, thanks.

So in simple terms (I'm still learning), I'll need the sx dongle thing whenever I fully reboot the switch?

I'm guessing whichever autoRCM kicks in will just show a black screen if booted without, meaning the fuses are safe?

Hopefully I've understood correctly.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, I get you. That's good to know, thanks.

So in simple terms (I'm still learning), I'll need the sx dongle thing whenever I fully reboot the switch?

I'm guessing whichever autoRCM kicks in will just show a black screen if booted without, meaning the fuses are safe?

Hopefully I've understood correctly.
With AutoRCM installed, the console will only power on if a payload is sent. Such devices that can send a payload include Android devices, a computer, and of course the SX Pro Dongle. Also, your fuses will be safe as long as you are using a bootloader that doesn't burn fuses. The stock bootloader of the Switch does this however AutoRCM prevents it from activating. SX OS version 1.0 also doesn't protect against the fuses however this one is pretty hard to come by. SX OS Version 1.1 does protect the fuses from being burnt but doesn't bypass the fuse check so this one is no good other. All other versions of SX OS as well as all other bootloaders both prevent fuses from being burnt and bypass the fuse check. So for all intents and purposes, your fuses will be safe as long as you are using AutoRCM.

Reactions: lazyolandy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you