Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, thanks for this response. I'm ok with the tethered jailbreak. Can you (or anyone here) verify that in that case, I'd be okay with pulling my Switch out of the box and just connecting to the Internet and straight up updating to 5.1.0?

I'm paranoid there will be a new firmware in the next couple of days (or before my SX Pro gets in) and I'd figure I should just do it today.
Firmware 5.1 has been around since the end of May and as far as I know, there's been no word on a new system update. There's actually been a revision to the updating without burning fuses guide that automates 99% of the process with a tool known as ChoidujourNX. All you need to do is find the firmware update that you want to update. For that, try googling xbins and see what happens. That way, you can control what firmware you want to update to in case Nintendo does decide to drop a new system update.
Talking about nand backup and ban do you think N can detect the hack for nand backup? Like is it possible to have a "clean" backup with games to play online and a hacked backup with homebrew? Also, how much time does a backup takes?

P. S : been reading this thread for 3-4 days it's so interesting when you're a noob like me. Thx for replying to all of this
The risk is extremely low so its the safest thing we can do for now. The important part is making the NAND backup ASAP or before you do any hacking. The more hacks you do on your NAND, think of your NAND becoming increasingly tainted. Also note that restoring a NAND backup will erase all data made after the backup was made unless you backup the NAND again prior to restoring the "clean" one.
Hey, the FighterZ beta is gonna drop this weekend, I don’t want to connect my switch to the internet for obvious reasons, would it be possible for someone to dump the beta so I could play the offline modes?
Try using CDNSP Bob for that. It can't be linked on this forum due to containing copyrighted material however.

RobCat030

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to figure out the best way to go from here. If I messed this up beyond repair that's cool just wanna know. I'll try to explain what happened.

1. Backed up un-modded nand before loading NSP files using Tinfoil
2. Put backup on HDD
3. Airplane Mode
4. Loaded CFW and installed multiple NSP
5. Messed up bigtime. HDD accidentally unplugged during a write operation. Corrupted partition and lost backup

I was hoping to restore the unmodified nand for online use at a later time. I know this isn't a 100% ban prevention. Now that it's lost, is there any point in uninstalling the NSP's and making a new backup, or is it likely that I would still get caught if I restored that. I've been offline ever since modding.

Thanks..

D

Deleted User

I’m on 4.1, if I want to format a new Sd card to exfat, do I need to update the console?

zboubinou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks again @Draxzelex
Maybe the last question :
I know that fuse burning block downgrade. But is there a reason to downgrade? Like if you're cfw work with the last firmware, why would you like to downgrade?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to figure out the best way to go from here. If I messed this up beyond repair that's cool just wanna know. I'll try to explain what happened.

1. Backed up un-modded nand before loading NSP files using Tinfoil
2. Put backup on HDD
3. Airplane Mode
4. Loaded CFW and installed multiple NSP
5. Messed up bigtime. HDD accidentally unplugged during a write operation. Corrupted partition and lost backup

I was hoping to restore the unmodified nand for online use at a later time. I know this isn't a 100% ban prevention. Now that it's lost, is there any point in uninstalling the NSP's and making a new backup, or is it likely that I would still get caught if I restored that. I've been offline ever since modding.

Thanks..
Damage has already been done. Best you can do is uninstall the NSPs before going online but now the console has been hacked already to install them. Your other alternative is to stay away from online until we have a better way of removing traces of hacking from the console.
I'm on FW 4.1.0, just have an interest in playing NSPs with updates. Is ReiNX or RajNX better for that purpose?
Both can play .NSPs with updates.
I’m on 4.1, if I want to format a new Sd card to exfat, do I need to update the console?
You can just use this tool to get the exFAT update without updating the console.
Thanks again @Draxzelex
Maybe the last question :
I know that fuse burning block downgrade. But is there a reason to downgrade? Like if you're cfw work with the last firmware, why would you like to downgrade?
4.1 and below have access to exploits that don't require a jig and USB cable. Some people would prefer not to stick metal into their console to hack it.

Apo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I am quite familiar with 3ds hacking but I got a Switch recently, so I am a complete noob and I am kinda lost with all the informations going around.

for the Switch, I would only be interested by backing my saves, so I could store them on my PC. I really don't care about anything else as I don't want to hardmod anymore.

what is the easiest way to do it? I read about Checkpoint which is accessible from homebrew, but is there a "simple" way to access homebrew or do I need a CFW?

if CFW is needed, would it be risky (in this specific case, I know everytime you modify something you can get banned) to backup my saves? basically, I would start homebrew, use the backup feature and then reboot to normal firmware to play.

sorry for this dumb question

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

I am quite familiar with 3ds hacking but I got a Switch recently, so I am a complete noob and I am kinda lost with all the informations going around.

for the Switch, I would only be interested by backing my saves, so I could store them on my PC. I really don't care about anything else as I don't want to hardmod anymore.

what is the easiest way to do it? I read about Checkpoint which is accessible from homebrew, but is there a "simple" way to access homebrew or do I need a CFW?

if CFW is needed, would it be risky (in this specific case, I know everytime you modify something you can get banned) to backup my saves? basically, I would start homebrew, use the backup feature and then reboot to normal firmware to play.

sorry for this dumb question
You can follow this which will give you EdiZon instead of Checkpoint (I prefer EdiZon). If you're looking for something in a tutorial format, you can follow this guide but you'll have to find EdiZon/Checkpoint on your own and set it up by following the instructions in the tutorial thread.

D

Deleted User

You can just use this tool to get the exFAT update without updating the console.

Thank you. I am struggling with how to use this tool. I need to download an entire xci game file to do this? How do I extract the firmware?

Eiceys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello vous
I m gonna reciece tomorrow my ex os and i had a question bedorbset up it. I just bought a big sd ccard to put all the xci files that i have. However i had bought on the nintendo store zelda who is in a Old sd sd card. I wanted to know the best way to keep my save of zelda amd set all the ges on the aame Sd (the new one which is at the moment empty)

in one sentence, what i have to do to have on the same SD card the games i bought with the saves and the xci games
Thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I:

Extract an NSP file's contents into a directory?
Edit the home screen icon of the game?
Build it back in to a playable NSP file?
  1. Hactool
  2. LayeredFS
  3. nspBuild
How do I use freeshop from PC with alternative CDN? Is there a tutorial?
Look up CDNSP Bob on Google
Is there a reason yet to use Tinfoil instead of DevMenu?
Tinfoil can install games, DLC, and updates as well as bypass the firmware requirement in the latest build.
Hello vous
I m gonna reciece tomorrow my ex os and i had a question bedorbset up it. I just bought a big sd ccard to put all the xci files that i have. However i had bought on the nintendo store zelda who is in a Old sd sd card. I wanted to know the best way to keep my save of zelda amd set all the ges on the aame Sd (the new one which is at the moment empty)

in one sentence, what i have to do to have on the same SD card the games i bought with the saves and the xci games
Thanks
Saves are stored on the console, not in XCI files or in cartridges. Unless you are using a different console, the save data will carry over no matter what you are using; XCI, NSP, or retail game.

Reactions: fallingrat

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
  1. Hactool
  2. LayeredFS
  3. nspBuild

Using various forms of Hactool (Hactool, Hactool GUI, etc) and all I'm getting when I extract the NSP are other files, should the game icon just be there once extracted or am I missing something/have to extract further?

Edit: I should clarify that the title I am extracting isn't actually the game I'm trying to edit. The game I'm trying to edit gives me two jpegs after extraction, but a retail NSP doesn't give me any images after extraction

Last edited by anthonyplep,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using various forms of Hactool (Hactool, Hactool GUI, etc) and all I'm getting when I extract the NSP are other files, should the game icon just be there once extracted or am I missing something/have to extract further?

Edit: I should clarify that the title I am extracting isn't actually the game I'm trying to edit. The game I'm trying to edit gives me two jpegs after extraction, but a retail NSP doesn't give me any images after extraction
I just realized I have no experience when it comes to this sort of stuff when I reread your original question after reading your reply :P
A suggestion I can make is head to the Discord where custom DevMenu icons are pumped out (can't link it here for obvious reasons). They have the tools to modify home screen icons so I think they might be better geared towards helping you on your endeavor.
Is there an easy way to dump my nand with sx so?
Hekate is kinda scary...
SX OS does not offer any NAND dumping options. You can thank TX for that one. However, dumping the NAND with Hekate is very simple and straightforward. Dump boot0/boot1 as they are both 4 MB each. The next dump is down to personal preference. Most people dump the eMMC raw GPP as this contains both USER and SYS data. Personal data is stored in USER while console-specific items are stored in SYS. The eMMC raw GPP is around 29.1 GB so if that is too big, you can risk losing your saves by dumping eMMC SYS. Also note that when dumping the NAND, if you don't have 29.1 GB free and formatted with exFAT, it will dump into 16 2 GB parts or 32 1 GB parts. Once the SD card has no more space, it will prompt you to remove the SD card so you can move files off of the SD card to continue dumping. These are one of the only times it is acceptable to remove the SD card. After it finishes dumping in parts, you can then join these parts using one of the joiner scripts included in the Hekate GitHub release page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    блядь
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You get your nap today?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With your wife
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tell that B to bring me home some dinner, when you done with her...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mrs.B is what I call her she said she left you a $10 jack in the box giftcard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh ok, cool thanks, I found it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the...