Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm having trouble understanding your question. All I could find in regards to compatibility was this:
You mean SDhc ?. Well, if the cheap MicroSD are the ones that are not compatible, I guess the one I've been using 2GB is the one you're referring to, the ones that are not compatible

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean SDhc ?. Well, if the cheap MicroSD are the ones that are not compatible, I guess the one I've been using 2GB is the one you're referring to, the ones that are not compatible
Oh yeah, your right. Turns out all of the bootloaders (ReiNX, Hekate, SX OS) don't support anything below 4 GB

Reactions: Imancol

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then I'll have to get one of this range, you already took away the doubt. Thank you very much (you should add this info everywhere)
I luckily had a 2 GB and a 4 GB to test this with. Also, CTCaer states that SDSC isn't supported so it makes sense and since his is based off of Hekate (which all the others are based off of), it was the only logical conclusion left. Using anything below 4 GB will give you a fail to init SD card error.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is a paperclip like this safe to use?

As it seems to be easy to make one.... or is a jig safer for some reason?
A poorly made jig can be as harmful as a paperclip. That being said, you can be pretty gentle with a paperclip and give yourself enough room to only make enough contact with the pins. Honestly, a jig will be safer in most people's hands but I use a paperclip myself since I am confident enough to handle it without permanent damage.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Simple question here. Regarding CDN bans, how much is known about them?

I ask because since my Switch recently got hit with a ban, I'd love to be able to get into running NSPs, but are they or are they not linked to CDN bans? I don't want to lose internet access altogether on my Switch, so I'll avoid them if I have to. The NSPs in question would have been downloaded with CDNSP-GUI-Bob-v3.5

Yeabuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a switch yesterday and it's asking me to install an update for my exfat sdcard.

How do I update this while staying as safe as possible?

I'm on FW 4.1.0 and the first thing I did was backup my entire switch (nand, user, etc).

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple question here. Regarding CDN bans, how much is known about them?

I ask because since my Switch recently got hit with a ban, I'd love to be able to get into running NSPs, but are they or are they not linked to CDN bans? I don't want to lose internet access altogether on my Switch, so I'll avoid them if I have to. The NSPs in question would have been downloaded with CDNSP-GUI-Bob-v3.5
If you do excessive CDN downloading with a Switch's certificate, it will get CDN banned. The first ban prevents access with dauth meaning you can't access CDN from your console. But a CDN ban prevents access from atum which is the server reserved for banned consoles so they can do system and game updates. Turns out that both eShop content and updates are stored on the same CDN so both atum and dauth can download stuff from the eShop so Nintendo's fix was to limit access to both now. And I believe Bob uses a public cert, not your own, however FreeshopNX currently uses your own cert.
I bought a switch yesterday and it's asking me to install an update for my exfat sdcard.

How do I update this while staying as safe as possible?

I'm on FW 4.1.0 and the first thing I did was backup my entire switch (nand, user, etc).
You have 2 options.
  1. Grab the exFAT update offline on 4.1 here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-the-exfat-driver-without-updating-2-x.505176/
  2. Follow this tutorial on how to update to 5.1 (or any firmware) without burning fuses so you can return to 4.1 at any time while also getting the exFAT update: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I searched I lot but I need to clarify, sorry if its already asked.

I know that AutoRCM will drain battery even if the console is off.

1- To really turn the console off with AutoRCM enabled, I have to go to SX menu and Select Power Off. If I hold the power button for 12s in the horizon I can get the same result? The battery wont drain?

2- With AutoRCM enabled, the console will drain batter faster? Even on the Horizon, games etc? Will charge slower in horizon?

I know these things occur when I turn off normally (autorcm keeps on), but I want to know if these things occur when I'm playing or if the console is on sleep mode.

Thanks already!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I searched I lot but I need to clarify, sorry if its already asked.

I know that AutoRCM will drain battery even if the console is off.

1- To really turn the console off with AutoRCM enabled, I have to go to SX menu and Select Power Off. If I hold the power button for 12s in the horizon I can get the same result? The battery wont drain?

2- With AutoRCM enabled, the console will drain batter faster? Even on the Horizon, games etc? Will charge slower in horizon?

I know these things occur when I turn off normally (autorcm keeps on), but I want to know if these things occur when I'm playing or if the console is on sleep mode.

Thanks already!
  1. https://gbatemp.net/threads/since-t...ly-turn-off-switch-if-you-use-autorcm.511853/
  2. AutoRCM only reduces the charge rate of the Switch in RCM but if the console is not turned off properly, it will be left in RCM which drains the battery faster than being off
  3. AutoRCM does not affect sleep mode in any way, shape, or form

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if the console is on, its like AutoRCM is disabled, right?

Thanks a lot, you are being very helpful to many people :D
AutoRCM only affects the console's ability to turn on and off. If the console stays off or on, you will not notice AutoRCM. However, its harder to notice if the console is off than on with AutoRCM since RCM looks identical to the Switch being off hence the "danger". But properly turning it off (and ensuring it stays off) avoids all issues. Conversely, you can just leave it on but it somewhat defeats the purpose of AutoRCM.

Matheuscas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AutoRCM only affects the console's ability to turn on and off. If the console stays off or on, you will not notice AutoRCM. However, its harder to notice if the console is off than on with AutoRCM since RCM looks identical to the Switch being off hence the "danger". But properly turning it off (and ensuring it stays off) avoids all issues. Conversely, you can just leave it on but it somewhat defeats the purpose of AutoRCM.

I will leave it always on sleep mode, and will turn off only when I put more games, so AutoRCM will be good to me since I wont have to use the jig everytime I wish more games. I was afraid that leaving the AutoRCM ON would affect the battery etc playing or in sleep mode, but since its not the case I will enabled it. Thanks!

Yeabuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you update through the console with an exFAT formatted SD card, then yes. However, official updates will burn fuses preventing you from returning to 4.1 which is why I linked those 2 guides.
Sorry what I meant was will upgrading to 5.1 without burning fuses make it automatically come with exfat support?

Cyka_Delik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I've been out of the loop for a while. I bought a second Switch about 2-3 months ago, but everything seemed pretty unstable and SX Pro/Atmosphere wasn't released quite yet and there was still no option for coldboot.

I see a lot of people are using SX Pro now, and it seems that Atmosphere still hasn't released. Are there any other big CFWs to keep an eye on? I'm probably going to buy an SX Pro. It seems very convenient and user friendly as far as loading payloads and running homebrew. You can load other payloads with their tool, right?

What I'm mainly looking to do with my Switch is turn it into an emulation machine. I've read a little bit about RetroNX and that seems like the ultimate option right now, is that correct?

What all "mainstream American market" systems can be emulated right now? Can we emulate PS2, GameCube, Xbox yet?

What're all the must have Homebrew apps out there right now?

How close are we to a coldboot method? The firmware on my extra switch is 4.1.0.

Are there any big negatives to jumping into the mod scene right now? Are there any good reasons to wait any longer?
I'm for sure going to mod my extra Switch by Late October/November. I'll be going on a jobsite for work and imagine I will be gone for quite a while, so I want to have it ready by then.

I think those are all the questions I have. From the little I've read, it seems like the SX Pro/RetroNX combo is the best choice for me at the moment.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg