anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, am expecting my SX Pro either this weekend or on Monday. Once you have everything set up, is the dongle still required? If I wanted to install SX OS on a second Switch for someone else after I do mine, do they need anything other than a new SX OS license file? Like do they need their own dongle or own way to inject the payload or need any external tools to access the CFW to play games?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all thx. I want to play Octopath Traveler, Im getting 'game card could not be read'' is that because im still on lower firmware, or does this also have to do with the sdcard as fat32 ?
There appear to be several possibilities so I will list them out in no particular order:

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, am expecting my SX Pro either this weekend or on Monday. Once you have everything set up, is the dongle still required? If I wanted to install SX OS on a second Switch for someone else after I do mine, do they need anything other than a new SX OS license file? Like do they need their own dongle or own way to inject the payload or need any external tools to access the CFW to play games?

If they ever power off the switch completely or if the battery completely runs out and turns off the switch they will need a jig to get into RCM again. Then they'll have to use payload either via dongle or connected with usb from switch to PC to inject the payload to boot into SX OS.There's a auto RCM feature to apply to the switch under SX OS options screen which a jig would no longer be needed. Sleep mode all the time is feasible only if you never want to power it down or swap out the SD card to put new games on it, but I'm sure that's not gonna happen. At some point in time you'll want new game sets on your SD card which means youll have to power down the unit.

So..TL;DR yes you need a valid license tied to that specific switch, a jig to get into RCM and a means to inject the SX OS payload.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So..TL;DR yes you need a valid license tied to that specific switch, a jig to get into RCM and a means to inject the SX OS payload.
The answer I was expecting but didn't want to hear. I guess with future CFW advancements this likely won't be a requirement, but for now it's the best we got. Not the end of the world I suppose, thanks for the quick reply

ExploitJunkie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The answer I was expecting but didn't want to hear. I guess with future CFW advancements this likely won't be a requirement, but for now it's the best we got. Not the end of the world I suppose, thanks for the quick reply
Keep your FW 4.1 and below if possible for this not to be a requirement in the future and CFW advancements might take longer than anticipated.. just speculating.. but yeah don't hold your breath lol

GoldYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm clueless as to how to dump digital games that aren't on SD, I've previously dumped a physical SMO but that's about it.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm clueless as to how to dump digital games that aren't on SD, I've previously dumped a physical SMO but that's about it.
We cannot dump eShop games directly but you can dump any of your downloaded titles with this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/dumping-your-titles-from-sd-a-bit-advanced.507821/

The end result will be in .NCA format which you can use this tool to convert into .NSP which is the file format for eShop titles: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nspbuild-build-nsp-files.509816/

If you want to dump eShop titles straight from Nintendo's servers while risking a ban, you can use this software to do that (which requires your console's unique certificate beforehand hence the ban risk): https://gbatemp.net/threads/cdnsp-download-repack-your-games-updates-and-dlcs-to-nsp.510096/

Reactions: GoldYoshi

Hinatax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is being detected in TegraRCMGUI as in RCM mode but when injecting payload I get "Error while injecting payload (RC=-50)"
What happened? Starting to feel like my switch is bricked :(

RAGER

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
My switch is being detected in TegraRCMGUI as in RCM mode but when injecting payload I get "Error while injecting payload (RC=-50)"
What happened? Starting to feel like my switch is bricked :(
Please, provide a serial of your Switch and also try another payload uploader (mb via Android ohone) and/or other payload.

ts61fa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Will my fuses still burn if Ive made a nandbackup (with hekate) and put Switch on autoRCM mode (with SX OS) and then update?

KaizoKage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so I just ordered my SX OS a few minutes ago, I have the basics on what to do with the os but do I need other stuff? do I need those devmenu, hbmenu, layeredfs, hekate, etc etc? I dont know if I need those so I didnt bothered looking for them in some threads

ts61fa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think i soft bricked my device. I first nand backed everything up through hekate. Afterwards I activated SX OS and put it on auto rcm. Later learned that my switch needs update to 'see'' exfat sdcards. So I tried the get the exfat support by doing the biskeydump & memeloader method. The switch now wont boot normally, I can only send payloads through pc but I cant get into normal boot in any way unfortunately.
I tried restoring BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main etc through Hackdismount but the problem persists. What should I do? Btw my nintendo still wont ''work'' with exfat but only fat32.

aleexz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
so I just ordered my SX OS a few minutes ago, I have the basics on what to do with the os but do I need other stuff? do I need those devmenu, hbmenu, layeredfs, hekate, etc etc? I dont know if I need those so I didnt bothered looking for them in some threads

If you just want to play .xci games then no, you don't need anything else.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i soft bricked my device. I first nand backed everything up through hekate. Afterwards I activated SX OS and put it on auto rcm. Later learned that my switch needs update to 'see'' exfat sdcards. So I tried the get the exfat support by doing the biskeydump & memeloader method. The switch now wont boot normally, I can only send payloads through pc but I cant get into normal boot in any way unfortunately.
I tried restoring BCPKG2-1-Normal-Main etc through Hackdismount but the problem persists. What should I do? Btw my nintendo still wont ''work'' with exfat but only fat32.
You mentioned enabling autoRCM. It sounds like it's just going into RCM and so it's not booting without a payload. That's how autoRCM is supposed to work. Either deliver the SX OS payload through the dongle or your PC/Android every time or turn off autoRCM (you'll have to boot SX OS so you can turn it off).

ts61fa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You mentioned enabling autoRCM. It sounds like it's just going into RCM and so it's not booting without a payload. That's how autoRCM is supposed to work. Either deliver the SX OS payload through the dongle or your PC/Android every time or turn off autoRCM (you'll have to boot SX OS so you can turn it off).
But when I try to start the switch even with the dongle attached, it wont do anything.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I try to start the switch even with the dongle attached, it wont do anything.
That's odd. So it will deliver a payload from your PC but not the SX Pro dongle? Are you sure that you are actually shutting down the system and turning it back on? It can be hard to tell since RCM without a payload just shows a black screen. If you know for sure that you've properly shut down the console and booted it with the dongle attached and it still didn't work, then try sending a payload from the PC so that you can disable autoRCM and then try booting normally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q