Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

xStJimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yup, I read that but as I said, that ask me to be online and in the same firmware so that option is not viable rn

Also, local play I think would depend on whatever version the game you are sharing, not the system's firmware. However, more updated versions of games can only be obtained on the higher firmware versions of the Switch. So, you would have to test any game individually.
I know every game need certain Firmware update, but I know that in 3DS, even if the game asked for a lower firmware and one of the 3DS had a higher FW, the one with the lower gets updated without asking

Thanks for your response!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW I was able to RCM first try with this jig. It does feel like I'm pushing it against the pins. Can't wait when I actually have a cable ^_^

Also can homebrew be ran in docked mode?
Cannot emphasize enough how gentle you need to be with those tiny pins. If they weren't attached to the Switch, the wind would probably carry them off. Anyways, yes you can run and do anything in docked mode after you loaded the payload via the USB cable.

SuperYoshi93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Doing a quick and simple newbie question: my switch is on 4.0.1. I want to play Zelda's DLCs but i dont want to update. If i buy the DLCs on the eshop website, do i have to download em or are already in the game files?

i4ybrid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob quesiton incoming. If the hack originally gives you full access to the device, why can't we perma-write the custom firmware into the switch without having to use the jig and another device via USB?

Nealio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N00b question. I have a 2.2.0 Switch and a USB C to A cable. I'm looking to get the TX OS license only option at some point (and also eventually Atmosphere). What else do I need to be able to load their CFW/OS when it releases? I thought I remember people saying a while back that if you are on 2.x firmware then you don't need a jig or any other way to short pins. Is this right, or do I still need a jig?

Thanks!

Last edited by Nealio,

crazy_p

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
HI you can update to 3.0.0 with Pokken and install Pegaswitch. Iirc there is some way to enter RCM without the need of a Jig or shorting a Pin... My Question is once Atmospère is released, do we always need to inject a Payload to start CFW? To my understanding, the only thing we can do is, automatically entering RCM after a Reboot.. So do we always need some Device (Dongle/PC/Android/RaspberryPi/...) to start CFW?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob quesiton incoming. If the hack originally gives you full access to the device, why can't we perma-write the custom firmware into the switch without having to use the jig and another device via USB?
If the CFW is on the Switch, it will not try running it because it considers it malicious code. Now we can bypass this check using the bootrom exploit which happens before the Switch can check if its malicious or not. However, the only bootrom exploit we have at the moment is the tethered coldboot, Fusee Gelee. If someone else were to discover an untethered coldboot, then like the 3DS, we could just boot into whatever firmware we wanted. But at the time of this writing, there is no such thing.

N00b question. I have a 2.2.0 Switch and a USB C to A cable. I'm looking to get the TX OS license only option at some point (and also eventually Atmosphere). What else do I need to be able to load their CFW/OS when it releases? I thought I remember people saying a while back that if you are on 2.x firmware then you don't need a jig or any other way to short pins. Is this right, or do I still need a jig?

Thanks!
TX's products are extremely user-friendly. The information you are referring is a way to boot into RCM without a jig for the purposes of Atmosphere which is a totally different CFW than the one TX is advertising. Now while that softmod does indeed exist, it has not been released into the public as of yet. However, if it does get released, then theoretically you can use that instead of the jig to boot into RCM and just use the dongle.

HI you can update to 3.0.0 with Pokken and install Pegaswitch. Iirc there is some way to enter RCM without the need of a Jig or shorting a Pin... My Question is once Atmospère is released, do we always need to inject a Payload to start CFW? To my understanding, the only thing we can do is, automatically entering RCM after a Reboot.. So do we always need some Device (Dongle/PC/Android/RaspberryPi/...) to start CFW?
There are software methods of booting into RCM that supposedly work up to 4.1 but none of them have been released publicly. The team behind the CFW, Atmosphere, did mention they will eventually release them. The softmod for firmwares 2.x-3 will most likely get it when the CFW is completed while the ones for 3.01-4.1 may be released an indefinite time afterwards.

SkyAeolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in reference to the hardware exploit.
I've gone down the path of getting a jig - and the one that came in the mail didn't work (Rip Me) however the joy con + foil trick has seemed to work.
I've run into one issue though, When running the switch thinks my left joy con is docked and the right isn't (Although it is) It still recognizes inputs and such with no issue. I know the easy solution is to remove the foil, but then when I need to go back into RCM I have to start all over. Any ideas? If removing the foil is my only option I'll do so.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in reference to the hardware exploit.
I've gone down the path of getting a jig - and the one that came in the mail didn't work (Rip Me) however the joy con + foil trick has seemed to work.
I've run into one issue though, When running the switch thinks my left joy con is docked and the right isn't (Although it is) It still recognizes inputs and such with no issue. I know the easy solution is to remove the foil, but then when I need to go back into RCM I have to start all over. Any ideas? If removing the foil is my only option I'll do so.
This is why the tin foil method is not really recommended because unless you can make sure it doesn't move to a place where you don't want it to, it will permanently damage your system. The reason your Joy-Con isn't being recognized is primarily due to the tin foil. If you want to continue using it, try putting some tape to prevent it from moving around. Otherwise, you might need to use a paperclip or a piece of wire, like from an old pair of earphones.

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While I read that it's very important to make a backup of NAAD, I simply do not have enough memory left (25GB) on my SD card, and don't really want to buy a new card for now. Is there any risk of bricking, or other risks, if I don't plan to use CFW again anytime soon (I used homebrew checkpoint to backup my saves, which is the only thing I needed)?
Also, an unrelated question, when I have booted under CFW, do games still work or I need to restore to OFW after a reboot in order to use all the normal functionalities?

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I read that it's very important to make a backup of NAAD, I simply do not have enough memory left (25GB) on my SD card, and don't really want to buy a new card for now. Is there any risk of bricking, or other risks, if I don't plan to use CFW again anytime soon (I used homebrew checkpoint to backup my saves, which is the only thing I needed)?
Also, an unrelated question, when I have booted under CFW, do games still work or I need to restore to OFW after a reboot in order to use all the normal functionalities?

Thanks!
Risk of bricking is minimal right now with the tools available. However, there have been at least 2 reported soft bricks that did require restoring the NAND. So the chances are not zero, but fairly close. And you cannot launch games with the only available CFW, Hekate. Its an unstable build that is based on the upcoming CFW, Atmosphere, which will allow us to play games without booting into OFW.

Reactions: daijobu

SkyAeolus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why the tin foil method is not really recommended because unless you can make sure it doesn't move to a place where you don't want it to, it will permanently damage your system. The reason your Joy-Con isn't being recognized is primarily due to the tin foil. If you want to continue using it, try putting some tape to prevent it from moving around. Otherwise, you might need to use a paperclip or a piece of wire, like from an old pair of earphones.

Yeah, I took it out and there were small bits under the pins - which wasn't fun.
everything is working fine now though.
I'll try the paper clip method soon. It seems easy enough.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I took it out and there were small bits under the pins - which wasn't fun.
everything is working fine now though.
I'll try the paper clip method soon. It seems easy enough.
Unfortunately, the paper clips is not a fullproof solution either. They've been reported to damage the pins as well. Although I think this will depend on how hard you are pushing it as well as how many times you push it against the pins. I myself use the paperclip method and so far, everything still works fine, but some people have managed to break the pins on their first attempt. So, gentle is the operative word here.

Reactions: SkyAeolus

Kuifa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If I redeem my gold points for a game, will the developer earn something? e.g. if I were to redeem 1500 points for Stardew Valley will ConcernedApe earn anything from it?

hallo23

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Questions:
If you install the homebrew launcher now it's only temporary atm right?
As soon as the switch goes in sleep mode it's gone right?
You have to redo the whole paperclip and installing thing everytime your switch goes in sleep mode right?

We have to wait for a CFW which will be released in a few month to "fix" this right?

Last edited by hallo23,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Questions:
If you install the homebrew launcher now it's only temporary atm right?
As soon as the switch goes in sleep mode it's gone right?
You have to redo the whole paperclip and installing thing everytime your switch goes in sleep mode right?

We have to wait for a CFW which will be released in a few month to "fix" this right?
The CFW, Hekate, you are using to boot into the homebrew launcher freaks out when the Switch is put into sleep mode. Atmosphere, the other CFW that is still being developed, will most likely not have this problem because Hekate is not a complete build.

The problem comes that Atmosphere will have to be booted the same way as Hekate because this is the only way to boot into the CFW for right now. Trying to load the CFW when the Switch turns on will not work because the Switch won't load the CFW. The current exploit we have is a coldboot which takes advantage of before the Switch boots so we can load the CFW or whatever else we want. The only other hope we have are possible warmboot softmods that supposedly work up to 4.1. The only one publicly released works on 1.0. They may be released when Atmosphere is done but we will have to wait and see.

Reactions: daijobu and hallo23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c