Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Raynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I'm on 4.1.0 atm and I'm fine for now to not be able to go online etc until August 28th when MHGU comes out.
I stayed on that firmware bc there will eventually be a software solution. The Problem I have right now is that if I go online with a CFW I'm most likely getting banned.
So that got me thinking, the solution that TX showed was so easy and seemless that I would be fine having a jig and a dongle with me to launch CFW (hopefully there will be something similar for Atmosphere), if I can avoid a ban that way.
So if I launch the CFW for all my (offline games)/emulators/save stuff/whatever the hell and if I wanna go online I just reboot into Horizon (I buy cartridges for those games anyway), can I theoretically avoid a ban, since the only time I go online would be on stock firmware?
I got an answer to this in another thread, but Im gonna be honest, I didnt quite understand it :D so hopefully someone can explain this to a noob like me :)

Thanks

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So I'm on 4.1.0 atm and I'm fine for now to not be able to go online etc until August 28th when MHGU comes out.
I stayed on that firmware bc there will eventually be a software solution. The Problem I have right now is that if I go online with a CFW I'm most likely getting banned.
So that got me thinking, the solution that TX showed was so easy and seemless that I would be fine having a jig and a dongle with me to launch CFW (hopefully there will be something similar for Atmosphere), if I can avoid a ban that way.
So if I launch the CFW for all my (offline games)/emulators/save stuff/whatever the hell and if I wanna go online I just reboot into Horizon (I buy cartridges for those games anyway), can I theoretically avoid a ban, since the only time I go online would be on stock firmware?
I got an answer to this in another thread, but Im gonna be honest, I didnt quite understand it :D so hopefully someone can explain this to a noob like me :)

Thanks
First of all, stop giving credit to TX. They are just asking for your money for a thing you can do in your home by yourself.
Second, it's unknown at this time if Nintendo will ban people that goes online with CFW enabled (or even on SD card). Some people have said that they can detect if your 10th pin is shorted, but I think they can't legally ban nobody for modding their consoles. They can, in fact, if you use CFW to play games that weren't bought in your account, but since there's no such thing yet, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited by horokeusama,

Raynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all, stop giving credit to TX. They are just your money for a thing you can do in your home by yourself.
Second, it's unknown at this time if Nintendo will ban people that goes online with CFW enabled (or even on SD card). Some people have said that they can detect if your 10th pin is shorted, but I think they can't legally ban nobody for modding their consoles. They can, in fact, if you use CFW to play games that weren't bought in your account, but since there's no such thing yet, we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Thank you for the fast reply. I guess I have to wait until the end of August and then see what happened until then :)
And while I understand that people dont like TX for wanting 40$ for their dongle and CFW, for a normal end-user like me there is no more convenient way atm. In my post I was just referring to the possibility to launch any CFW (Im waiting for Atmosphere) through a dongle, being it TXs or any other one :) but that topic has been discussed enough in other threads :D

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you for the fast reply. I guess I have to wait until the end of August and then see what happened until then :)
And while I understand that people dont like TX for wanting 40$ for their dongle and CFW, for a normal end-user like me there is no more convenient way atm. In my post I was just referring to the possibility to launch any CFW (Im waiting for Atmosphere) through a dongle, being it TXs or any other one :) but that topic has been discussed enough in other threads :D
You don't have to be tech-savvy to boot atmosphere, mate. TX's solution is the same as using an USB-C and a OTG cable to connect the Switch to your phone to install fusee gelee. Seriously, it's just the same thing. It's not like on 3DS days where a flashcard was way easier to use than installing CFW through the SD card.
Also, I think Team ReSwitched didn't release a software solution yet because they're waiting TX's dongle go to market so they can f*ck their business plan. But that's just theory lol.

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Horokeusama, should I use fusee gelee now or wait for Atmosphere? I just really want to back up my save and edit my BOTW save data. It's a one time thing as I'm paranoid about losing save data. Thanks.

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Horokeusama, should I use fusee gelee now or wait for Atmosphere? I just really want to back up my save and edit my BOTW save data. It's a one time thing as I'm paranoid about losing save data. Thanks.
There's no reason to do that since the Atmosphere is scheduled for mid-June. Hold your horses, pal. If you waited for months, a few more weeks will be fine. Go play something else on you PC.

daijobu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's no reason to do that since the Atmosphere is scheduled for mid-June. Hold your horses, pal. If you waited for months, a few more weeks will be fine. Go play something else on you PC.
Thanks! I thought it was coming end of summer, like end-August or something, then the wait would be pretty painful. I could definitely wait till mid-June, or end-June if some delays were to occur.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i only have the Jig and screwdrivers...but with screwdrivers the same.....my pc dont reconize my switch...nothing like its not plugged in

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes the android app dont work....it dont ask for permissions when i start it and....doesnt do anything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

my usb ports are fine my cable too it charges

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
with Homebrew around the corner, does anyone know if the software somewhat disguised, or will it be easily detected by Ninty? I would like to extract my saves, nothing more, but I don't want to risk getting banned over a few saves :mellow:

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Got myself a jig. It's a bit on the thin side but thats fine. Is there a way for me to test if I can RCM without a USB C to USB A cable?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only have the Jig and screwdrivers...but with screwdrivers the same.....my pc dont reconize my switch...nothing like its not plugged in
If both your computer and phone aren't recognizing the Switch, its definitely not entering RCM. I think you should make a thread and title it "Switch is not booting into RCM with jig/screwdrivers. Maybe other users can give better hints on how to short pin 10 in the Switch.

@Draxzelex
i have not, just i think hektate or something, whatever is used in the guide. Is there something else i could use?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcm-payload-hekate-mod-raw-full-nand-backup.502604/ This first one is extremely similar to the Hekate one except it can do it in parts so if it is interrupted, you can pick up where you left off since that was your problem earlier.

Another method involves simply copying the NAND from within your computer. https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...icrosd-card-as-an-usb-disk-on-your-pc.503701/ This payload will mount the Switch's eMMC on your computer and then you can just copy and paste the files onto your computer's hard drive. This method takes a little big longer.

The last, and least friendly way, involves Linux. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-dump-switch-nand-using-linux.502201/ Thankfully, in the Tutorials section of the Nintendo Switch section are some useful guides on how to boot Linux. This one would be considered the last resort if you cannot dump it any other way.

No, I was reffering to anything besides jumping the pins. Well, I think we'll just have to wait until the CFW is released.
Yeah I just reread your original post. 1.0 is the only firmware to boot into RCM using a softmod publicly. I believe ReSwitched is holding onto the exploits that work up to 4.1 and are choosing not to release them until, like you said, Atmosphere is completed. Whether anybody else will release it before then, well, who knows? The bootrom exploit got leaked ahead of schedule.

with Homebrew around the corner, does anyone know if the software somewhat disguised, or will it be easily detected by Ninty? I would like to extract my saves, nothing more, but I don't want to risk getting banned over a few saves :mellow:
People have been dumping their saves as well as other things on the latest firmware and nobody has been banned yet so possibly? Everything (aside from downloading NCA or Switch games directly from Nintendo's CDN) has a low to zero chance of getting you banned.

Got myself a jig. It's a bit on the thin side but thats fine. Is there a way for me to test if I can RCM without a USB C to USB A cable?
Just put the jig in, then hold power and volume +. If you don't see the Nintendo logo and the screen stays black, congratulations you've entered RCM!

Purple_Heart

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
with the jig and buttoncombo my screen stays black and reboots only if i press power for like 10 secs.....but windows doesnt reconize it...not even my win7 laptop

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the jig and buttoncombo my screen stays black and reboots only if i press power for like 10 secs.....but windows doesnt reconize it...not even my win7 laptop
Don't reboot if it the screen stays black. You can still boot into RCM if the screen is still black and Windows doesn't detect the device. Just keep spamming the button combination and the jig until Windows recognizes it. You do not need to reboot the Switch.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did it already....nothin
No what I'm saying is you keep trying until your fingers fall off. Devices in general have an RCM mode always built it so there's no way your Switch will never boot into it. If anything, its not staying in RCM. The one time I overcame this was by booting into RCM again. But for you, it might take multiple attempts, maybe 5 or 10 tries.

The alternative is to use something other than the screwdrivers or jig to boot into RCM as they are not doing the trick. You just need something conductive that can connect pin 10 to something grounded, such as pin 1.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any apps for your phone that detect what is plugged in than run a specific program? (So I am thinking something like a looping RCM exploit command when it detects the switch is plugged in so I don't even need to take my phone out of my pocket)

To put it in PC terms, pc detects switch, program starts up a looping .bat file or whatever to get into rcm?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn...